• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I've been playing this game way too much.

I saw a plane in the sky today and I actually said outloud "Enemy AC 130 spotted"

Cerrius said:

I saw a plane in the sky today and I actually said outloud "Enemy AC 130 spotted"

Nothing will ever compare to the COD4 nade post traumatic hearing disorder. I think every new player to COD4 or MW2 will have this issue.

You'll seriously hear the grenade pinging sound when youre trying to fall asleep. It only happens in the first week or two of playing and then it just stops. I think I may have mentioned this in this thread already.:lol

DMeisterJ

Banned
Cerrius said:

I did something like that, but I just muttered 'Emergency Airdrop on the way!!!!!'.

And then randomly I just announce 'ten inch stroganoff' or whatever the guy says :D

Sielys

Oh god, just saw the best game winning killcam.

A sniper on the other team was on top of the realllly high building in highrise. He looked down, saw an enemy shooting into the building, jumped off and did one of those 360 noscope things, only he twirled around like 4-5 times it took so long for him to fall.
(I think he must have had his sensitivity setting at 10 or something)

I wish I could do stuff like that :lol

gibonez

Banned
The Javelin is the best thing in mw2. I'm surprised at how useful and unique it is. Adds another layer to the multiplayer it allows me to play as a demolition anti camper class. Noob Tubes and Javelins for entrenched enemies gotta love that.

zaidr

help me understand the story please.

I just finished the level where at the end, Sheppard kills Ghost and Roach. Why does he do this? I don't get it.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Hmm.. I wouldn't mind a leaderboard reset. My KD is 1.18, but I would say I am currently averaging much higher than this. Since when I started I was around .70 and that's probably dragging me down (first CoD game I've played online).

sestrugen

Probably I was misunderstood, if you earn your things legit you should keep them, I am talking resetting the stats for the glitchers and modders

sorry, english is not my first language and if I decide to leave I am pretty sure IW would not care at all :lol

remz

zaidr said:

I just finished the level where at the end, Sheppard kills Ghost and Roach. Why does he do this? I don't get it.
Because they knew about his super secret plan to take over the world!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
zaidr said:

Act III Spoilers:
I think it's because he orchestrated the attack on the airport in order to get a reason to go after Makarov himself but it backfired and WWIII basically started because of it. The guys in 141 are the only people that know of his involvement and he wants to make sure no one finds out.

X26

Banned
The game obviously tracks a lot more than what is seen on the leaderboards, so why cna't we have one for each playlist, why dam nyou, why!?

user_nat said:
Hmm.. I wouldn't mind a leaderboard reset. My KD is 1.18, but I would say I am currently averaging much higher than this. Since when I started I was around .70 and that's probably dragging me down (first CoD game I've played online).

Yeah, once I learned all the maps and discovered my current setup I've been rocking this game. My k/d shot up from .85 to 1.25. I would looooooovvvvveeeeeee a stat reset :lol

zaidr

RoboPlato said:
Act III Spoilers:
I think it's because he orchestrated the attack on the airport in order to get a reason to go after Makarov himself but it backfired and WWIII basically started because of it. The guys in 141 are the only people that know of his involvement and he wants to make sure no one finds out.

How did 141 find out about Sheppard's involvement? When did this happen. Ghost and Roach seemed to be very trusting of Sheppard all the way up to getting a bullet in them...Did I miss something?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
X26 said:
The game obviously tracks a lot more than what is seen on the leaderboards, so why cna't we have one for each playlist, why dam nyou, why!?
Would be nice to have stat tracking like Halo 3.
I guess this probably couldn't be done in leaderboard form but it would be nice to have similar amounts of data. Even if it did have to be on their website like Halo 3's.

Yeah, fuck resetting the leaderboards. I might not care about my position on it, but I'll be damned if I'm okay with losing nearly 7 days of ranking up and unlocking shit. Sure, the top 1000 on each of the boards might be glitched, big deal. Does it really bother you that theres a bunch of people at the top of the boards who cheated their way there?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
zaidr said:
How did 141 find out about Sheppard's involvement? When did this happen. Ghost and Roach seemed to be very trusting of Sheppard all the way up to getting a bullet in them...Did I miss something?
The guy that was sent into the airport undercover was promoted to 141 just beforehand. They were working very closely with him. They had no reason not to trust him, he just didn't want the truth to get out. I think Price coming into the picture may have made him a bit paranoid or something.

RiverBed

Banned
zaidr said:

The info was on the computer they were hacking- the level where you had to defend it till it finished decrypting info. I don't think the two of them had time to actually find out what this top secret intel was before they got executed. But their pals did and so they carried on to fight the Americans.

At least that's how I understood it.

gibonez said:
The Javelin is the best thing in mw2. I'm surprised at how useful and unique it is. Adds another layer to the multiplayer it allows me to play as a demolition anti camper class. Noob Tubes and Javelins for entrenched enemies gotta love that.

I think you need to change your avatar to a javelin with how much you talk about it. While your at it, ask a mod to get your named changed to javelin also.

for people who don't know, look at the Battlefield thread

zaidr said:

They hadn't. Marakov was working for Sheppard (he's a mercenary remember) and had outlived his usefulness once he had started the war for Sheppard. Sheppard just used 141 to find and remove any potential connection that might be found between them (Marakov's computer files), and didn't want anyone around who could talk about the op. Easier for him if they were KIA looking for the merc than if they came back with the files, which his superiors would doubtlessly want to see.
Sheppard wanted the war because he's similar to the ultranationalists in Russia, he felt his superiors were unpatriotic for keeping him on a tight leash post the events in MW1, when he wanted to go at Russia for their involvement in the nuke. So he set up the events in MW2 to lead to him getting the freedom he wanted and the ability to go after the Ultranationalists at the same time. He didn't figure on Marakov helping a rogue Soap and Price go after him.

i wish they WOULD reset the leaderboards. I'd miss (some) of my stats too but it would make up for the drop from .96 to .91 k/d i suffered from a week of javelin glitchers.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
CrazedArabMan said:
I think you need to change your avatar to a javelin with how much you talk about it. While your at it, ask a mod to get your named changed to javelin also.

for people who don't know, look at the Battlefield thread
I was thinking the same thing. Literally every post I've seen from that guy is about the Javelin. :lol

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Cerrius said:

The first few days the game came out, I was playing so much. Walked outside to get the mail, saw a small commercial plane flying around and immediately wanted to shoot down that mothafuckin UAV.

SUPREME1

Banned
Is that shield/mounted gun glitch also being done on the 360?

The video mentions the PS3 but doesn't rule anything out.

If so, I wanna try that on ____________ level. It'd be perfect! I already take out a few people by spamming an area with turret fire and then eventually get taken out from the front by a sniper or lmg. This keeps me alive and killing!

Well, I hope so anyway.

sturmdogg

LeMaximilian said:
The first few days the game came out, I was playing so much. Walked outside to get the mail, saw a small commercial plane flying around and immediately wanted to shoot down that mothafuckin UAV.

After playing a couple of hours of MW2, I dreamed that a commercial passenger plane was being shot at by javelins / anti aircraft missiles. Plane tried to evade lock by firing flares, but didnt work. Before crashing to the ground, parachutes started popping out. Turns out they were Russian soldiers.

Willeth

ImperialConquest said:
Is that shield/mounted gun glitch also being done on the 360?

The video mentions the PS3 but doesn't rule anything out.
Not only does it work on 360, the video you just watched was captured from a 360 and has the 360 buttons in the menu.

Top Bottom