• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

J-Rzez

DevelopmentArrested said:
You've been trolling this game since day one. Your shtick is getting old.

Their game has far more flaws than most other games to release. They didn't do a solid beta test, "they didn't need it". They turned down a larger budget which could've been put to good use considering the state of the game. A glitch found here and there? Sure, understandable. The sheer amount of game-experience ruining glitches, match making flaws, party system being busted during MM, is far greater than what can be expected. They were arrogant, their community relations are cocky and just don't care.

Only shtick that's getting old are those of like you and anyone else who suggests to bend over and take it. The game sold by the epic fuck tons last time, they knew it would this time as well, they HAD the resources available to help assure it being a more quality experience and just laughed it off to the bank. As consumers, you're supposed to ask for better products. Not just take the "oh well, we got the game, we'll live with it" stance. Demand for a better product and don't let these devs ship out stuff like this.

If you had not noticed, I'm not the only one complaining as it seems there is a very-very large group of people pissed.

winnarps

Eh, the only thing that really fucked with my experience in matchmaking/multiplayer (for me at least; but I'm sure the majority would agree with me) was the javelin glitch.

Everything else can more or less be countered.

And the big glitched private games are just huge clusterfucks that change up rule settings a bit. If anything, they almost feel like dedicated servers with unlimited scoring, so you can use them to level up weapons and dick around.

lol at the amount of level 10 prestiges right now, like 1/3s of every match are level 10, yeah right...

Well, I'll just play my new class (Riot Shield + Throwing Knives) until I feel like playing again.

BruceLeeRoy said:
I got absolutely raped last night.
There was this dude running around with Marathon | Lightweight | and sporting 2 shotguns that could not be stopped. I stayed in every game he was in just to try and get revenge but he made me pay over and over and over again.
This is supposed to make me laugh, right, it's an awesome reply. :lol

careful

I don't mind the bitching and complaining at all. I think it puts pressure on the developers and keeps them in check. They need to be aware of the issues and react with a sense of urgency. I also agree that some of the IW PR has been pretty cocky with this game and that might not be the best attitude to take with your community.

Chrange

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Have you even played the game? If your not playing it on the easiest setting that is absolutely impossible to pull off.

Have you ever tried it? Because that's on the hardest difficulty.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
careful said:
I don't mind the bitching and complaining at all. I think it puts pressure on the developers and keeps them in check. They need to be aware of the issues and react with a sense of urgency. I also agree that some of the IW PR has been pretty cocky with this game and that might not be the best attitude to take with your community.

I just don't like the general trend of this generation.

Gears 2... oh boy. "Hi. I'm Cliffy. We fixed all the problems from Gears!" Um, no. In fact the game was and still is worse than Gears 1 in many ways. Now Modern Warfare 2. Glitches, matchmaking issues, balancing issues, etc.

What the fuck happened between Gears 1 and Gears 2? MW1 and MW2? Like... where is the money going? Where is the dedication to constant improvement? Where's the investment in Q&A and the basic development process? Where's the respect for your core audience? It's just sad.

Chrange

Banned
RSTEIN said:
I just don't like the general trend of this generation.

Gears 2... oh boy. "Hi. I'm Cliffy. We fixed all the problems from Gears!" Um, no. In fact the game was and still is worse than Gears 1 in many ways. Now Modern Warfare 2. Glitches, matchmaking issues, balancing issues, etc.

What the fuck happened between Gears 1 and Gears 2? MW1 and MW2? Like... where is the money going? Where is the dedication to constant improvement? Where's the investment in Q&A and the basic development process? Where's the respect for your core audience? It's just sad.

There are more people looking for glitches now, and it's a crowd that's far more aware of how to break games than in the past.

What's the disparity, you think? For every dollar spent on QA, what's the volunteer equivalent that's trying to break it - $100? $1,000?

I'm not saying they shouldn't be pissed at releasing a game that has this many glitches found already, or that consumers shouldn't be pissed at paying $60 for it, but I don't think it's a lack of effort or respect at all.

LosDaddie

Banned
MW2 is no more "glitched" and/or "broken" than CoD4 was a month after release in 2007.

And maybe I'm just not paying enough attention (or playing enough), but I don't see nearly half of the shit online that you guys are crying about. But yeah, the Akimo dual-shotgunners are annoying.

Ovid

LosDaddie said:
MW2 is no more "glitched" and/or "broken" than CoD4 was a month after release in 2007.

And maybe I'm just not paying enough attention (or playing enough), but I don't see nearly half of the shit online that you guys are crying about. But yeah, the Akimo dual-shotgunners are annoying.
Yeah, I never saw the Afghan glitch or the Public/Private match glitch. The only glitch I saw was the Javelin martyrdom.

-viper-

Banned
Chrange said:
Have you ever tried it? Because that's on the hardest difficulty.
No it isn't. You get killed within a few shots in Elite difficulty in KZ2. Here is he taking many shots and his screen barely turns red.

Gamesradar did the same thing (on Easy).

PetriP-TNT said:
lol at the amount of level 10 prestiges right now, like 1/3s of every match are level 10, yeah right...

Well, I'll just play my new class (Riot Shield + Throwing Knives) until I feel like playing again.

riotshield
knife
stun
marathon
lightweight
commmando

I don't care about my k/d ratio anymore, I have alot of fun using the shield, whether or not i go positive or not. In team deathmatch, most people still don't know how to deal with a guy with a shield.

Chrange

Banned
-viper- said:
No it isn't. You get killed within a few shots in Elite difficulty in KZ2. Here is he taking many shots and his screen barely turns red.

Gamesradar did the same thing (on Easy).

It's the hardest you can select at the start. It doesn't really matter, since making you die faster isn't making the AI better. You can still kill everyone with the knife, you just have to get their attention and then stand at a corner. :D

Critical Jeff said:
riotshield
knife
stun
marathon
lightweight
commmando

I don't care about my k/d ratio anymore, I have alot of fun using the shield, whether or not i go positive or not. In team deathmatch, most people still don't know how to deal with a guy with a shield.
I gotta start rocking the shield. I've seen guys hunker down in the bunker in Wasteland and just absorb damage all day. I'd like to try the same in one of the bathrooms in Estate.

Has anyone thought of a particularly good reason to run the riot shield class... like ever?

-viper-

Banned
Chrange said:
It's the hardest you can select at the start. It doesn't really matter, since making you die faster isn't making the AI better. You can still kill everyone with the knife, you just have to get their attention and then stand at a corner. :D
What? I was just talking about how that knife video ISN'T set at the hardest difficulty. He barely gets shot, and when he does, he barely takes any damage. It's on Easy mode.

Roxas

Why are there people running around knifing with a care package grenade in their hand? Is there some kind of advantage doing it this way instead of the tactical knife?

DeuceMojo said:
I gotta start rocking the shield. I've seen guys hunker down in the bunker in Wasteland and just absorb damage all day. I'd like to try the same in one of the bathrooms in Estate.

Has anyone thought of a particularly good reason to run the riot shield class... like ever?

My dream is to assemble a 300-esque perimeter around a bomb one day.

It will be glorious.

Plus, with the knife cancel (basically a B/X/B or B/X/R, only in this case a RS/RB/Y/RS while you have a piece of equipment available) You can actually knife FASTER than with a tac knife

Freedom = $1.05 said:

It will be glorious.
Five friends and I won a deathmatch game on Karachi with six shield, we all just stayed back at the original spawn behind the building. One guy on turret, everybody with claymores, scavenger, danger close, and commando. We formed a wall behind the truck and then backed up once they noticed us, lured them right into the claymores/turret. It was amazing.

Roxas said:
Why are there people running around knifing with a care package grenade in their hand? Is there some kind of advantage doing it this way instead of the tactical knife?

You run quite a bit faster than normal with a Care Package grenade in your hand.

LosDaddie

Banned
Pyke Presco said:
Five friends and I won a deathmatch game on Karachi with six shield, we all just stayed back at the original spawn behind the building. One guy on turret, everybody with claymores, scavenger, danger close, and commando. We formed a wall behind the truck and then backed up once they noticed us, lured them right into the claymores/turret. It was amazing.

That's awesome! :lol

Freedom = $1.05 said:

It will be glorious.
One day James Lipton will recount your adventures in front of the Actor's Studio at the New School. It will be splendid. :lol

I want to see the shield phalanx in action.

Nizz

Chrange said:
This is bullshit. Maybe on the easiest setting, but try pulling this off on Elite. No way. On topic, thankfully I haven't been seeing a lot of glitching on the PS3 side with MW2.

But that patch can't come at a better time because those Akimbo 1887's can burn in hell. BURN IN HELL. Seriously? One shot, one shot from like 50 feet away?

I was on Terminal, coming out of that center (book?) store and someone was at the doorway of that room across that store. The room that's outside connected to that spot at the top of the escalators.

He killed me, I watched the killcam. One. Damn. Shot. From that distance. Get here soon, patch. Get here soon...

Chrange

Banned
-viper- said:
What? I was just talking about how that knife video ISN'T set at the hardest difficulty. He barely gets shot, and when he does, he barely takes any damage. It's on Easy mode.

Uh...no, it's not on Easy mode. It's on the hardest mode you can select when you start.

careful

Pyke Presco said:
Plus, with the knife cancel (basically a B/X/B or B/X/R, only in this case a RS/RB/Y/RS while you have a piece of equipment available) You can actually knife FASTER than with a tac knife
Can you really knife faster? From the video, it looked like you can recover faster from the knife animation, but initial knife motion is the same speed. This only looks useful in the case where you have a bunch of dudes standing right beside each other.

Ugh, prestiging is difficult. I just hit first prestige last night and was getting absolutely wrecked without my usual line-up of first rate weapons. Going back to the M4 and FAMAS with iron sights is rough.

J-Rzez

DeuceMojo said:
One day James Lipton will recount your adventures in front of the Actor's Studio at the New School. It will be splendid. :lol

I want to see the shield phalanx in action.

I got into a game the other day with people doing a phalanx, and doing it right, with them yelling this is sparta after every kill. It was pretty funny. They had 3 shield guys, one RPG guy, and another with the aug. I just sat back and watched the carnage. Especially since the other team didn't have a loadout with semtex or c4, which would've made a mess of things.

The game is fun, no doubt, when it's running properly.

careful said:
Can you really knife faster? From the video, it looked like you can recover faster from the knife animation, but initial knife motion is the same speed. This only looks useful in the case where you have a bunch of dudes standing right beside each other.
I ran that "glitch" for all of one night, and it was hilarious. I flew through Karachi at like 50 mph until my left thumb hurt. I killed EVERYONE I saw. And to the man who said it was a glitch because knife challenges didn't register while doing this: he was right. It was a while later before I earned my slasher title.

Point being, yeah, whether or not the knife movement is any faster, the overall speed is waay faster.

careful said:

While the knifing itself doesnt go quicker, the fact that you can knife once every half second or so instead of once every two seconds makes a big difference. Unfortunately, I found that using it I tended to throw the equipment more often than I canceled the knife animation. That four button combo in the course of a half second can be a little much.

So, you can throw out knife attacks faster than when using the tac knife. I would assume that while using a tac knife with that combo, you would only be limited by how fast you press the buttons, but the care package gives you the speed boost, so I guess its a tradeoff. But you're right, the actual knife attack, from clicking the stick to impact with the opponent, is not faster than a tac knife animation. It is simply faster to knife then cancel then knife than to use a tac knife and knife twice regularly.

And also, no, knife kills while having the care package smoke out do not count as knife kills for purposes of leveling up commando/chasing knife challenges.

EDIT: Yeah, I've knifed a few times at like 50 yards from the enemy instead of shooting. Must look like a damn fool on their screen.

Part of this problem is me being nervous during some matches, part of it is just tough luck for having only two thumbs, but quick show of hands:

How many people here have lined up a kill on the move, and then just before taking the shot have swung the knife (and subsequently DIED) 'cause they're trying to aim with a little too much pressure on the right stick?

::raises hand like a dozen times::

tiddles

RubxQub said:
So can we officially say that IW are in no way worthy of any of the praise they seem to get?

- Dedicated Servers
- Incoherent and Ridiculous Story
- Javelin Glitch
- Wall-Walk Glitch
- Shield w/Mounted Gun Glitch
- View Enemy Map Glitch
- Unlimited Supply Crate Glitch
- Private Server Boosting
- Unlimited Ammo Tampering
- Broken Matchmaking
- Sketchy Netcode
- XBL "Join Session In Progress" Oversight
- Knife Delay Glitch
- Care Package Speed Glitch
- Akimbo 1887 Balancing

...is there more I'm missing?

It just feels like while this game is fantastic, it's so fucking bad :lol

Some points:

- the bug list for a typical AAA title can easily run into tens of thousands. If this is what they have left over, they're doing well
- name another popular online title which sold in the same region as MW2 and didn't have showstopping bugs in the first month
- there's nothing "sketchy" about MW2's online code... it's the reality of making fast paced online games, especially ones played by people who don't necessarily have high end PCs and superfast connections. When you see a killcam showing you something different from you saw on your screen - that's happening in every other online console shooter, you're just not being shown it...
- of the actual bugs you list (excluding things like "I didn't like the story"), in all probability the worst of them will be fixed within a couple of weeks at most; hardly a long time in the grand scheme of a game that people will still be playing in a couple of years' time.

Chrange said:
Uh...no, it's not on Easy mode. It's on the hardest mode you can select when you start.

Not to get to off topic here but again that is bullshit. I remember when that video came out during the demo and I tried to do that crap repeatedly and it never worked on any setting except on the easiest and even then you had to time everything perfectly. Its also a poor argument as to why you think the game is broken I can pull shit like that off in any game if its easy enough. I remember playing Goldeneye and going through the whole game with just the throwing knives on the easier setting. Bottom line it's not a exploit if it doesn't work and I would love to see a video of a dude beating Radec's endless army with this technique on even the easy setting.

backflip10019 said:
Ugh, prestiging is difficult. I just hit first prestige last night and was getting absolutely wrecked without my usual line-up of first rate weapons. Going back to the M4 and FAMAS with iron sights is rough.

I am almost maxed out on my level. What is the real benefit of prestiging anyway? Why would I really want to start all over?

I figured there had to be some serious obsessions going on to want to do it. Thanks firehawk I think Ill try to wean myself off the MP for a while once I hit 70 its criminal having Demon Souls sitting still packaged up on my shelf.

LosDaddie said:

Those Dual-Shotgun guys are absolutely ridiculous. I make it my personal mission to try and knife them if I see a guy with dual-shottys....That usually ends very badly for me though.

Az

This has become the most hated but equally most played FPS.

I've stopped playing couple of days ago until I see some things fixed, some of you super-complainers should do too.

firehawk12 said:
Extra slots and the new titles to earn.

You basically have to be crazy about the game to do it though. :lol
I never played World at War, but a buddy was telling me that it added a class slot every few prestiges you went through.

Anyone know what you end up with in this game? Seven slots, eight?

careful

BruceLeeRoy said:
Those Dual-Shotgun guys are absolutely ridiculous. I make it my personal mission to try and knife them if I see a guy with dual-shottys....That usually ends very badly for me though.
Dude, that's probably the worst way to counter dual shotguns. :lol

tiddles

BruceLeeRoy said:

Personally I find that the biggest sources of annoyance often create the greatest satisfactions... there's nothing better than taking down a guy who's carrying dual 1887s and has just failed to hit you at point blank range.

RavenFox

Banned
DeuceMojo said:
I think I'm around 300 kills with the 1887. Anyone know when I get the mastery title for that mahfokka?
Ever heard of the Barracks?

divisionbyzorro said:
The more you quote him, the less effective my ignore list becomes.
You should read what he wrote this time in your case. Just imagine xxCODMW2Dogzxx wrote it.

careful said:
Dude, that's probably the worst way to counter dual shotguns. :lol
:lol I know! But I just want to humiliate them for how much grief they give me but in the end I am the one that is humiliated.

tiddles said:
Personally I find that the biggest sources of annoyance often create the greatest satisfactions... there's nothing better than taking down a guy who's carrying dual 1887s and has just failed to hit you at point blank range.

Exactly. Even though my K/D ratio drops to levels that you would only expect of a tiny hamster eating wood-chips on your controller If I can just knife him once oh man it makes it all worthwhile.

blahness said:
death by throwing knife would be greater humiliation

I suck so bad with those damn things(despite my aforementioned skill with them in Goldeneye) or else I would try it.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Already got my 2,500 kills with the 1887. Now working on the 500 headshots challenge which should net me a new shiny emblem.

Top Bottom