• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Nizz

Anyone else dislike the F2000 assault rifle? I got to level 60 yesterday and finally unlocked it and.... I don't really like it. :(

Could be I'm not used to that rifle's recoil yet, but I didn't find it as great with iron sights like some other rifles like the M16, M4, ACR, TAR.

I'll try it again tonight but not digging it. I know they're different games but I love the F2000 in the Bad Company 2 beta.

^^ Yeah it's crap.

Got my first Nuke yesterday. :D

Also went back and played COD4. It's funny how I paid money to make one of my games obsolete.

winnarps

fps fanatic said:
Anyone else dislike the F2000 assault rifle? I got to level 60 yesterday and finally unlocked it and.... I don't really like it. :(

Could be I'm not used to that rifle's recoil yet, but I didn't find it as great with iron sights like some other rifles like the M16, M4, ACR, TAR.

I'll try it again tonight but not digging it. I know they're different games but I love the F2000 in the Bad Company 2 beta.

The general consensus from everyone has been that the F2000 is the worst AR in the game.

WEGGLES

I can not seem to get into a game.

It's either laggy. Or a fucking hacked private game, or a friend in the party gets booted..... fuck.

NYR

Cerrius said:
Already got my 2,500 kills with the 1887. Now working on the 500 headshots challenge which should net me a new shiny emblem.
You are sooooooooo good at this game! My hero!!

jiien

DeuceMojo said:
I never played World at War, but a buddy was telling me that it added a class slot every few prestiges you went through.

Anyone know what you end up with in this game? Seven slots, eight?

In WaW, you got a new custom slot at prestiges one, two, four, seven, and ten. In MW2, you get a new custom slot at prestiges one, three, five, seven, and nine.

For both games, assuming you get to prestige ten, you will end up with ten custom slots total.

fps fanatic said:
Even the dude in the video says "can you believe the range on them?" Yeah, I can't believe the range. :(

Yeah he was quite a entertaining guy to listen to. Did you see him hit that guy running across the map! I would have a hard time dropping that guy with a M16 and he basically blind fires and drops him.

Nizz

BruceLeeRoy said:
Yeah he was quite a entertaining guy to listen to. Did you see him hit that guy running across the map! I would have a hard time dropping that guy with a M16 and he basically blind fires and drops him.
Yeah. Those shotties really are incredible.
greenjerk said:
I've watched this guys vids before and he's generally entertaining but it bothered me that he didn't even make the slightest attempt to cap any CPs.
I noticed that too. It's like since IW included these killstreak rewards, they, imo, unintentionally fostered K/D ratios and crazy killstreaks over the objectives.

Not saying everyone plays like that, but like some people have mentioned, it would have been nice to include some more incentive/reward for playing the objective based modes.

Mileena

Banned
greenjerk said:
I've watched this guys vids before and he's generally entertaining but it bothered me that he didn't even make the slightest attempt to cap any CPs.
You're missing the point of the video then.

I dont know what it is but I cant seem to make myself exploit design flaws in mutiplayer games, such as the Akimbo 1887's.
Maybe I have some sort of real life sportsmanship from RL that I bring into mutiplayer gaming. Sure Ill admit ive taken the low road on certain maps such as Skidrow, Terminal and Highrise by using a Danger close + Toob + rocket combination, but the after being the victim to this combo I pretty much had too. I admit tho, certain things in this game make me feel "cheap" such as the above combo I listed as well as the 1887's..hell even using commando makes me feel like a tool.

Ill never understand the people that never challenge themselves and take the easy road and have a must win attitude by any means. You see it in so many many games and wonder if they just ever get tired of it cause in my eyes all there doing is driving away players and turning the community into a million players doing the same thing.
I remember in the first months of BF2, everyone was basically toobing the ground at there feet while jumping over the blast...sure that was fixed but now the community is basically all medics with an "I win" gun and self heals. Even when I go to play games such as KZ2 a good majority of the community is just spamming rockets at one another...is this fun?..is this competition?...

I dont know, the game even with a fix to 1887's and some other flaws still doesnt feel "right" in MP. All the components from perks to weapons dont seem tested and balanced enough to warrant it as truely competetive/fun. I think eventually the game will degrade into 1 or 2 perk/weapon combos and the maps will play out identical, just as well I have a feeling the population of MW2 wont hold up overtime as well as WaW and MW1 due to a large portion of of players being disgusted/fustrated/bored. Im pretty sure that when the next shooter comes down the pipeline we will see a bigger exodus then we seen in previous CoD installments. Sad really since I was obsessed with playing MW1 everynight for quite a while.

Nizz

I understand 100%. That's just your RL sportsmanship, you don't like cheating. People don't know me from a hole in the wall but when I say that I never, ever, cheated in a multiplayer game I mean it.

I guess it's just my belief in having sportsmanship, but I just like to play the game fairly. I've never tried to get into rocks, I've never tried the javelin glitch, I'm not going to try that Prestige hack. I just don't get any satisfaction from any of that.

I decided to play hardcore TDM, start out 4-0, call in care package and it is a chopper gunner, my teammate stabs me and takes it. I start to camp him the rest of the game and I finish 7-11. Going back to regular TDM.

SmokeMaxX

Papercuts said:
And yet some people think that they shouldn't get nerfed. :lol

Eh, maybe one of the guys he killed was actually looking at him? This could've been done a tad bit slower with the P90 or even using the SPAS. I think the Models need to be slightly changed, but I don't think this particular clip justifies that nerf.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
SmokeMaxX said:
Eh, maybe one of the guys he killed was actually looking at him? This could've been done a tad bit slower with the P90 or even using the SPAS. I think the Models need to be slightly changed, but I don't think this particular clip justifies that nerf.

That one mainly shows the insane reload, but yeah. The range is better shown in the one above where the guy goes 57-11.

You guys ever seen this message? Horrible picture I know but it said "Unlocalized(d-pad) Player Animation; index out of range;{441}:475}. Everyone was thrown out of the game when it happened. Everyone was like wtf lol. Sorry I couldn't get a better picture before the next match started.
bhf7s5.jpg

whitehawk said:
Holy shit, 57/11 with a shotgun :lol

Part of me hates the 1887, but part of me really wants to get to lvl 70 so I can use them :lol :lol
You are going to be in for a surprise when you unlock them at lvl 67. Ah shit, I ruined the surprise.

whitehawk

Banned
got2bekidding said:
You are going to be in for a surprise when you unlock them at lvl 67. Ah shit, I ruined the surprise.
Oops. I knew something important unlocked at 67, but forgot it was the 1887. Hooray!

jiien

yankeeforever2 said:
I decided to play hardcore TDM, start out 4-0, call in care package and it is a chopper gunner, my teammate stabs me and takes it. I start to camp him the rest of the game and I finish 7-11. Going back to regular TDM.

Had something of the same experience. After hearing people praise HCTDM for being a place you could avoid all this broken nonsense of 1887's and such, I decided to try it out. First game I get into, two jokers on my team are messing around, and kill me a bunch of times 'by mistake'. Laughing about it and saying, 'my bad, dude'. This happened more than once though. Bullshit. I promptly went back to normal TDM.

I've realized that in general, unless I know them IRL, I don't trust anyone in this game. Not even my teammates.

Kujo

Absolutely hate when people play Domination as if it were Team DM. Especially when they're camping right near an enemy capture point but never actually take it. So many times I feel like I'm doing all the capping/defending, well that's probably cause I am, it's annoying.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Mojo said:
Absolutely hate when people play Domination as if it were Team DM. Especially when they're camping right near an enemy capture point but never actually take it. So many times I feel like I'm doing all the capping/defending, well that's probably cause I am, it's annoying.
I'm pretty sure some people don't even realize that you can capture points faster if multiple people chip in. I can't fucking stand when I'll be trying to capture a point and a teammate will be like ten feet away, not helping. It's even better when an enemy breezes right by them and kills me when the meter is like 80% full.

Cool story, bro

So to cap off the night, I decided to play a round of FFA just for the hell of it (I pretty much never play it). I also decided to play the knife runner, just for shits and giggles. The map is Overpass.

After going 2-8, I'm almost convinced to play it straight, but then my luck turns. 5 straight knife kills and I have a Predator Missile. Now I'm at six. Another knife gives me 7 for a Harrier. I'm about to pull it out when I see someone coming and shoot them (I know, just thought I'd mix it up). Then I see I have an Emergency Airdrop waiting.

So can anyone tell me the worst KS bonus for FFA? That's right - EAD. I run around carrying the grenade like a moron for a while, trying to figure out how to use it, when I happen upon a brilliant plan. I run all the way to the end of the culvert, near Bravo, stick my back to the wall, and toss the grenade so that the crates will all land in the culvert. I then immediately bomb my position with the Harriers that are cued up right behind it, then take off so I don't get destroyed. Then, BLAM - dual 1887s in my face.

The Harriers manage to protect my crates for a while, but in my haste I manage to get killed a few times trying to run back there. Finally, I get there in one piece, and some asshole swipes my attack helicopter. I knife him, and manage to grab a Counter-UAV, Precision Airstrike...and Chopper Gunner. Game over bitches.

Ended 30-15. Second place had 14 kills.

Cool story, bro

ZeroRay

Anyone else having this issue?

My clan tag keeps disappearing every time I turn off my PS3 and start up the game again. It's been giving me pretty good luck since I've been using it so I renter it every time it disappears.

Guess I'm not worthy to have [GAF] for my tag.

Scarecrow

I recently saw the mario Price emblem. He's too cute to not earn. Looking it up, it says you need to get 10 killstreaks without any killstreaks equiped. How do you get killstreaks w/out them equiped?

Top Bottom