• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Scarecrow said:
I recently saw the mario Price emblem. He's too cute to not earn. Looking it up, it says you need to get 10 killstreaks without any killstreaks equiped. How do you get killstreaks w/out them equiped?

Akimbo 1887's :p

It means just get 10 kills in a row without dieing and using any killstreaks I believe.

Sielys

So what's everyone's best and most dependable custom class the moment?

Generic sniper class (Keep in mind I just prestiged)

Intervention w/ fmj
Spas-12

Tactical insertion (Until I get claymores!)
Smoke

Slight of hand pro (For the faster ADS)
Stopping power pro
Steady aim pro

I've finally got quick scoping down (It's all in the flick, lol), no-scoping still a fathomless mystery to me though.

How do you guys counter riot shields? Every couple of games I will come across someone whose sole tactic is riot shield, flashbangs, and knifing you. Semtex works alright, but sometimes even sticking them (i.e. the shield) with it doesn't kill them.

Sielys

BlueScrote said:
How do you guys counter riot shields? Every couple of games I will come across someone whose sole tactic is riot shield, flashbangs, and knifing you. Semtex works alright, but sometimes even sticking them (i.e. the shield) with it doesn't kill them.

Shoot feet. Lacking that, run around, jump, spin in mid air, prone, and knife for style points. When sniping I just shoot um in the butt cuz it sticks out when they walk, more dmg modifier than the feet.

Odrion

Banned
Sticking it to their shield will kill them %90 of the time, if it doesn't then it's cause they have have that blast shield on.

Yeef

got2bekidding said:
So how does the STD title work? I got it in the last game, but I'm not sure how to share it.

Can you share it in a Private Match?
Don't know if it works in private match, but I think it's the opposite of Infected. I got them both pretty recently. STD I got by knifing someone who had it. Infected I got by being killed by someone who had it.

Yeef said:
Don't know if it works in private match, but I think it's the opposite of Infected. I got them both pretty recently. STD I got by knifing someone who had it. Infected I got by being killed by someone who had it.
Yup, just figured that out. Thanks for the reply. Next will be infected.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sielys said:
Ok what? Now people are ripping on me ingame for using akimbo rangers. Apparently akimbo anything is noob now D:

You lose the ability to aim down sights, thereby becoming mid-short range. They shouldn't be getting anywhere near you if they find out you're akimbo in that case.

My main bitch about Akimbos is that the FN P90 is so tragically inaccurate. If it was buffed/tweaked to be slightly more accurate, I'd whore the akimbo over the single P90. :lol

TheSeks said:
You lose the ability to aim down sights, thereby becoming mid-short range. They shouldn't be getting anywhere near you if they find out you're akimbo in that case.

My main bitch about Akimbos is that the FN P90 is so tragically inaccurate. If it was buffed/tweaked to be slightly more accurate, I'd whore the akimbo over the single P90. :lol
Yeah, I couldn't use them either. I was all picard.jpg and switched classes.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
BlueScrote said:

Speaking as someone whores the Riot Shield passionately, the best way to fight against a Riot Shielder is always to communicate with a teammate so they can flank him. If that's impossible, wait for them to charge and counter them appropriately (take them from the side.)

BlueScrote said:

Claymores

Seriously. One of my favorite things to do against a riot-shielder is to calmly walk toward them, then pull out a claymore and drop it right in front of them. Works every time (unless of course, they're using blast shield, in which case...eh).

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
And my Riot Shield usage is purely for recon and distraction purposes which it excels at. If you go on the offensive with a riot shield you're likely to lose most of the time. If I'm feeling lucky it's ye olde flash and PP2000/Striker/knife rush technique.

While equipping Akimbo weapons, you shouldn't be able to knife, or use your primary, or secondary grenades/equipment. How many pouches and arms must these soldiers have to be able to do all of this stuff while dual wielding guns? Any sense of realism left in CoD4 is completely decimated in this game.

There's no shame in using akimbo Rangers or SMGs. The problem with the 1887s isn't that they can be used akimbo. It's that they have unbelievable range. Shotguns should be one hit kills. Just don't let them hit people from 30 yards away when the person using them is aiming no where near the target.

As it stands now, when I see someone using the 1887s, I just assume this person is thinking to themselves, "I don't know any glitches, but if I did, I would absolutely abuse them all."

It will be great when they're nerfed and those people have to go back to playing normally. I guess maybe then they'll start to prestige.

Sh0k

Lately most of my free-for-all matches I've been hunting people boosting and trying to get the nuke. The best I did was a triple kill with my grenade launcher, the guy boosting streak before I killed him was 24-0 ..... the guy cursed at me and left the match :lol

kevm3

FutureZombie said:
There's no shame in using akimbo Rangers or SMGs. The problem with the 1887s isn't that they can be used akimbo. It's that they have unbelievable range. Shotguns should be one hit kills. Just don't let them hit people from 30 yards away when the person using them is aiming no where near the target.

As it stands now, when I see someone using the 1887s, I just assume this person is thinking to themselves, "I don't know any glitches, but if I did, I would absolutely abuse them all."

It will be great when they're nerfed and those people have to go back to playing normally. I guess maybe then they'll start to prestige.

Yeah the problem is when you have guys running around super fast with lightweight, marathon, and dual 1887s that can shoot you from across the screen with virtually no reload time.

kuYuri

went 70-20 earlier on HQ Pro with Danger Close plus explosive weapons. :lol

I managed to get a Pave Low, Predator (I think), Pave Low, and Chopper Gunner all in 4 different Care Packages.

I discovered a really good setup. Basically just have the same setup as a Knifer, but have a P90 and Semtex. Running around and quickly killing people with the P90 is so satisfying. I think next I'm gonna try Akimbo G18's.

Scarecrow said:
okay, this is way harder than I thought. I guess I'll wait till I inevitabally get to the high levels that can equip 1887s

I got it in a Demolition game on Highrise when I was defending a planted bomb. It was A, I believe.. whichever one is right outside of the enemy spawn, the hardest one to get. I just kept picking them off as they ran out.

Remember that you actually have to take your kill streak rewards off completely, it won't work just getting 10 kills without using any of the rewards.

Wow i gotta say, the default "First recon" class with the ump45, magnum and tactical knife, lightweight, marathon, and ninja has to be one of the best classes ever. I'm level 26 and i used it in search and destroy and got 15 kills with it.

salva said:
Wow i gotta say, the default "First recon" class with the ump45, magnum and tactical knife, lightweight, marathon, and ninja has to be one of the best classes ever. I'm level 26 and i used it in search and destroy and got 15 kills with it.

While showing my friend the ropes like 2 weeks back, I used that class for like an hour or two and had some crazy ratios in TDM like 32-2 on Favela, 30-5 on Rundown etc. The Tac Knife instantly makes it the best default class.

salva said:
Also, using that setup and getting kills with the tac-knife counts as kills for the 44mag in order for you to unlock the tac-knife in your custom classes.

jiien

-Yeti said:
I discovered a really good setup. Basically just have the same setup as a Knifer, but have a P90 and Semtex. Running around and quickly killing people with the P90 is so satisfying. I think next I'm gonna try Akimbo G18's.

Ran into a guy using Akimbo G18's. Pretty freaking powerful, but it's basically the same as getting a face full of Akimbo SMG.

And I agree with the above, about the range of the 1887's. A friend of mine is using them now. We were on Afghan, near where the garden fields are. He was standing in that little pathway between the small bunker and that hill, and killed a guy that was over past the gap between the airplane parts. It was a game winning kill, so everyone saw it. And even though it was his kill, he could tell it was complete bullshit.

minx

I decided to try out running around with the care package and knifing people. Holy shit was I fast. They didn't know what to do :lol

whitehawk

Banned
minx88 said:
I decided to try out running around with the care package and knifing people. Holy shit was I fast. They didn't know what to do :lol
Care package + marathon + lightweight + Commando = perfect CTF class.

winnarps

jiien said:
Ran into a guy using Akimbo G18's. Pretty freaking powerful, but it's basically the same as getting a face full of Akimbo SMG.

And I agree with the above, about the range of the 1887's. A friend of mine is using them now. We were on Afghan, near where the garden fields are. He was standing in that little pathway between the small bunker and that hill, and killed a guy that was over past the gap between the airplane parts. It was a game winning kill, so everyone saw it. And even though it was his kill, he could tell it was complete bullshit.

Game-winning kills with the Akimbo 1887s are extremely satisfying. Most of the time, it results in people all going 'hahaha, wow, what complete bullshit'.

Net_Wrecker said:
While showing my friend the ropes like 2 weeks back, I used that class for like an hour or two and had some crazy ratios in TDM like 32-2 on Favela, 30-5 on Rundown etc. The Tac Knife instantly makes it the best default class.

Yeah, i think i'm going to keep using that class

UFRA

salva said:
What is this care package running thing you guys are talking about?

When you get a 4 kill streak and acquire a care package, press right on the D-Pad to hold the smoke grenade that marks the care package drop point.

However, don't throw it. Just run with it in your hands, and you run like twice as fast as normal when you sprint.

It's kinda like in other FPS games where holding the knife lets you run faster.

salva said:
What is this care package running thing you guys are talking about?

edit: just saw a youtube video about it. Might have to try it eventually

running with a care package adds another speed modifier to you, in addition to lightweight and the 'mobility' of your weapons. Basically with SMG+lightweight+carepackage, you can run buttfuck fast.

UFRA

I suppose it's worth mentioning (probably obvious but whatever) that this also works with the Emergency Airdrop (and the sentry gun I imagine) since they use the same smoke grenade thing.

Top Bottom