• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Finally picked up some Akimbo Rafikis (Still crazy how after 5 days of MP time I haven't even used all the weapons). That is a fucking sick Akimbo.

Also whats the deal with sideways Predators. I was able to startup a Predator and I got confused because I didn't see the normal topdown view instead I was able to shoot it straight into the middle cave in Afghan and get a double kill. It was pretty awesome actually. I've seen it once before too.

xxjuicesxx said:
Finally picked up some Akimbo Rafikis (Still crazy how after 5 days of MP time I haven't even used all the weapons). That is a fucking sick Akimbo.

Also whats the deal with sideways Predators. I was able to startup a Predator and I got confused because I didn't see the normal topdown view instead I was able to shoot it straight into the middle cave in Afghan and get a double kill. It was pretty awesome actually. I've seen it once before too.
I've noticed some strange top-down views with some of my predator missiles, but didn't realize what was happening. I just remember thinking that it didn't look like anything what the map should look like.

I played and completed Braid today...but when seeing a good portion of my friends on MW2 it was so hard to not switch over...this MP is like crack...as much as I dislike the game in its current state

DRE Fei

COD4 got these guys so much good will and praise and they've taken that and almost flushed it all away with this game now. How unfortunate that the core gameplay and framerate are so good while the matchmaking is so awful. Right after the javelin and care package shit gets fixed, we get this rust free-for-all nonsense and who knows what else down the road. It's like some weird karma or something. FOR SHAME.

Yay I get lagged out from some asshole holding a switch then it instantly rejoins the same game except I'm on the losing team now and then I get a defeat instead of the win I should have got. Good job.

xxjuicesxx said:
Yay I get lagged out from some asshole holding a switch then it instantly rejoins the same game except I'm on the losing team now and then I get a defeat instead of the win I should have got. Good job.

people using lag switches? How can you tell who is using one I always wondered?
I guess there ping bounces from red to green alot?
My friend swears that when we get in a room and its a slide show that means someone is using a lag switch. Ive never been very good at noticing hacks or switches.

Pkm said:
people using lag switches? How can you tell who is using one I always wondered?
I guess there ping bounces from red to green alot?
My friend swears that when we get in a room and its a slide show that means someone is using a lag switch. Ive never been very good at noticing hacks or switches.

It's hard to tell, but usually the host's connection almost always shows green.

If the game consistently stays laggy without a migration, that's usually a lag switch.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
divisionbyzorro said:
If the game consistently stays laggy without a migration, that's usually a lag switch.
I've only had this happen once or twice in two days of playtime. Otherwise, the host migration works like a charm. Last night, though, it happened while I was firing a predator missile, and when the game resumed, it was like it never existed. Minutes later, after calling in a care package, the lag started again and made me magically glide right under it and it kills me. I was pretty fucking annoyed. :lol

Well a normal lag is a host thats not good enough to run a connection so the whole games yellow for everyone constantly then it will switch.

A lagswitch will more be spikes of lag (especially at inopportune times - if they are any good at it)

DRE Fei said:
COD4 got these guys so much good will and praise and they've taken that and almost flushed it all away with this game now. How unfortunate that the core gameplay and framerate are so good while the matchmaking is so awful. Right after the javelin and care package shit gets fixed, we get this rust free-for-all nonsense and who knows what else down the road. It's like some weird karma or something. FOR SHAME.
14mua6b.jpg

Haters will hate. Don't believe the hype.

xxjuicesxx said:
Well a normal lag is a host thats not good enough to run a connection so the whole games yellow for everyone constantly then it will switch.

A lagswitch will more be spikes of lag (especially at inopportune times - if they are any good at it)
Won't XBL just log you out if you're skipping around? I've had a bad connection before and XBL will just straight kick me off.

LosDaddie

Banned
DRE Fei said:

:lol Cry some more, Junior!

MW2 fucking rocks and with the wifey & kid heading to NY a few days before me, I plan to put some serious time into this game this weekend.

X26

Banned
DeuceMojo said:
Second the motion: this rifle sucks it.

Started using it a bit yesterday since I was palying terrible anyways and ended up doing pretty decent. Key for me was to use it more like I would a smg than an ar

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I feel like Domination mode in this game would be significantly better if the points moved around the map every once in awhile.

DRE Fei

They need to remove the nuke from domination and maybe boost the capture point bonuses or something because at this point people just play it like deathmatch.

X26 said:
Started using it a bit yesterday since I was palying terrible anyways and ended up doing pretty decent. Key for me was to use it more like I would a smg than an ar
Yeah, I prefer to use it in its more effective form: the P90. :lol Oh, except you can't mount a noobtube on the P90.

I wonder if Activision received kickbacks from Belgium's Fabrique Nationale for featuring the FAL, FAMAS, P90 and F2000. :D

DRE Fei said:
They need to remove the nuke from domination...

Never going to happen.

DRE Fei said:
...and maybe boost the capture point bonuses or something because at this point people just play it like deathmatch.

Now that could happen, and I would totally support this. Either that, or go with my other suggestion: have a capture count as a kill for the purpose of killstreaks.

DRE Fei

And how the hell are people getting these ac130s/chopper gunners on rust anyway? That map is a clusterfuck on free-for-all. :lol I can't even reach those ladders and survive.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Well, after somehow avoiding the private room glitch since it started, my luck ran out last night. Almost every single time I searched for domination I was thrown into a Rust massacre. I had to hit search approx 5 times before I could find a non-hacked game.

Outside of this frustration, the game still kicks ass. Havin TONS of fun with my OMA/Noob Tube/Danger Close builds. After I run out of Nube Tubes I switch to my second heavy class where I have another Noob Tube and a RPG. After those run out I switch to my go-to mid-range class with AUG+Grip/Sleight of Hand/Stopping Power/Ninja.

RSTEIN said:
Well, after somehow avoiding the private room glitch since it started, my luck ran out last night. Almost every single time I searched for domination I was thrown into a Rust massacre. I had to hit search approx 5 times before I could find a non-hacked game.

Outside of this frustration, the game still kicks ass. Havin TONS of fun with my OMA/Noob Tube/Danger Close builds. After I run out of Nube Tubes I switch to my second heavy class where I have another Noob Tube and a RPG. After those run out I switch to my go-to mid-range class with AUG+Grip/Sleight of Hand/Stopping Power/Ninja.

That AUG+Grip is a friggin beast of a setup for midrange, Im just horrible with it at long range so I switch to an AR class on the bigger maps

Mad Max

DeuceMojo said:
Yeah, I prefer to use it in its more effective form: the P90. :lol Oh, except you can't mount a noobtube on the P90.

I wonder if Activision received kickbacks from Belgium's Fabrique Nationale for featuring the FAL, FAMAS, P90 and F2000. :D

Also the SCAR and M240.. :p

KittyKittyBangBang said:
Finally got STD last night. My wife looked at me a bit funny when I said "Sweet, I got an STD from stabbing that dude!" :lol
My wife used to scowl at me 'cause I'd be talking about peoople's mothers and whatever, so we moved to where real estate is cheaper, bought a bigger house, I moved my stuff into the basement, and now she can't hear me talking about other people's mothers. She doesn't know that's why we moved, but that's pretty much it.

DRE Fei said:
And how the hell are people getting these ac130s/chopper gunners on rust anyway? That map is a clusterfuck on free-for-all. :lol I can't even reach those ladders and survive.
Hah, it's no Shipment, now is it? It's interesting I guess. But after the private match glitch, I think I probably never want to play Rust again. Bring back Kill House.

DeuceMojo said:
My wife used to scowl at me 'cause I'd be talking about peoople's mothers and whatever, so we moved to where real estate is cheaper, bought a bigger house, I moved my stuff into the basement, and now she can't hear me talking about other people's mothers. She doesn't know that's why we moved, but that's pretty much it.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Genius!

careful

Lots of 10th prestige yesterday on PS3. They pretty much managed to remove any credibility for that symbol. Instead of going 'oh snap, 10th prestige', it's 'lulz hacker'.

RSTEIN

careful said:
Lots of 10th prestige yesterday on PS3. They pretty much managed to remove any credibility for that symbol. Instead of going 'oh snap, 10th prestige', it's 'lulz hacker'.

Like Gears 2 when they introduced the rank system and a week later many had the highest rank (which was mathematically impossible). I think they banned the accounts. Hopefully there will be a penalty for the 10th prestige guys.

NYR

LosDaddie said:
:lol Cry some more, Junior!
I hate this kind of shit. Everyone has a right to an opinion, come back with a more substantive argument then calling someone a junior member. Jesus.

RSTEIN

NYR said:
I hate this kind of shit. Everyone has a right to an opinion, come back with a more substantive argument then calling someone a junior member. Jesus.

Shut up, Member.

NYR said:
Agreed. From what I can recall, that kind of attitude is bannable as well.

careful said:
Wow, wtf? I'm surprised it can even be done on the PS3. That blows. They ought to root out and PERMA-FUCKING-BAN every username that did this. Seriously.

Bill G. would.

DRE Fei said:

Spawn camping. If you know the spawn points you can just sit in certain places and just hold the trigger button down and rack up kills without effort.

RSTEIN said:
Shut up, Member.
Main Entry: mem·ber
Pronunciation: \ˈmem-bər\
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English membre, from Anglo-French, from Latin membrum; akin to Gothic mimz flesh, Greek mēros thigh
Date: 14th century
1 : a body part or organ: as a : limb b : penis c : a unit of structure in a plant body

How DARE you, sir?! :lol

DeuceMojo said:
Wow, wtf? I'm surprised it can even be done on the PS3. That blows. They ought to root out and PERMA-FUCKING-BAN every username that did this. Seriously.

Bill G. would.

I hope the savegame hack that does this leaves behind some sort of trace.

I imagine it should be pretty easy to figure out though. If "xxl33th4ck3rxx" is P10 L70, but doesn't have enough lifetime score (easy to check on the leaderboards I imagine) to justify that level, wipe his account back to nothing.

And you know what would be even better than banning? Have a "CHEATER!!!" title, with a pacifier emblem. Anyone identified as using a hack to up their level/prestige gets stuck with that title and emblem. Permanently.

rodvik

DeuceMojo said:

LOL, similar. Right now I play with headphones on the big screen in our bedroom while she is on laptop. She keeps freaking out when I scream "FUbitches!" at irregular intervals. My new place has a dedicated gaming shed (or "war bunker" ) where I can scream my hate without fear of being judged :)

DRE Fei said:

People love getting dramatic over a game.

Am I the only one that remembers how COD4 matchmaking shit the bed almost 2 months after its launch and was completely broken for about 4 weeks straight?

Hero

So is matchmaking broken and completely down right now? I couldn't find a game last night and today I'm seeing the same thing. It keeps testing matches and finds 0/50 games.

DRE Fei said:

I agree with you to a point. I'm a Gold Cross 55 in COD4 and 67 in MW2 so I have to decide if I want to prestidge soon but COD4 was defiantly IW's high point for them. If we have four or more in our party, we are constantly backing out cause we lost someone, the lack of party chat is shameful, and the killstreaks make every mode just TDM.

While I still enjoy playing it. I love me some hardcore but I don't see myself playing this game as much as COD4 but maybe that's my problem too. I played COD4 from the day it launched till the day MW2 launch so maybe I'm just burned out.

I was expected a whole hell of a lot coming off of COD4 so maybe I just put my expectations too high. I don't think they will ever get back the glory that was COD4 IMO.

MrCompletely said:
Am I the only one that remembers how COD4 matchmaking shit the bed almost 2 months after its launch and was completely broken for about 4 weeks straight?

That was a great excuse two years ago but whats the excuse for it not working now? There are a ton of bugs that were in COD4 that were not fixed in MW2.

OldJadedGamer said:
That was a great excuse two years ago but whats the excuse for it not working now? There are a ton of bugs that were in COD4 that were not fixed in MW2.

I'm not excusing it, I'm just wondering why people are so surprised. To be fair, it's people messing and hacking with the game's code that's causing all the worst problem. You sell millions and millions of units, people are going to fuck with it. Why put that on IW?

There's no excuse for the imbalances, but for the matchmaking haxors glitches, that's just unfortunate.

LosDaddie

Banned
NYR said:

Why sure, a statement like "COD4 got these guys so much good will and praise and they've taken that and almost flushed it all away with this game now" deserves a substantive rebuttal. IW has clearly stabbed their fanbase in the back with MW2. I just don't know how I didn't realize it until now.

Oh and:

GAF FAQ said:
Mini-FAQ

Q: Why do I get made fun of?
A: Because you are a Junior Member. LURK. READ THE FAQS. USE SEARCH.

Top Bottom