• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

divisionbyzorro said:
I hope the savegame hack that does this leaves behind some sort of trace.

I imagine it should be pretty easy to figure out though. If "xxl33th4ck3rxx" is P10 L70, but doesn't have enough lifetime score (easy to check on the leaderboards I imagine) to justify that level, wipe his account back to nothing.

And you know what would be even better than banning? Have a "CHEATER!!!" title, with a pacifier emblem. Anyone identified as using a hack to up their level/prestige gets stuck with that title and emblem. Permanently.

Simply removing all 10p rewards will do just fine.

I do not understand how people justify wiping accounts when all the hack does is release the custom classes and some emblems. To be honest I hope IW does absolutely nothing to those accounts if they have to choose between wiping and keeping them. Even though it shouldn't be an effort to them to just revoke the 10p status.

This is not a game breaking 'hack' and does not deserve any kind of severe punishment. Who in the right mind expects the AVERAGE player to spend so much time with the game?
Also: it would make IW look like a douche developer, imo. Revoking 10p status: fair and just (if this can be done). Wiping accounts: childish behaviour, certainly when compared to the "fair" akimbo 1887's and javelin glitchers all players -including average players- have to deal with.

Why don't you just ban everyone from the game or reset everyone while you're at it?

careful

OldJadedGamer said:
If we have four or more in our party, we are constantly backing out cause we lost someone
They really need to fix this, because it's a pain in the ass to constantly check if anyone is missing and then back out and repeat over again.
Zeitgeister said:
Simply removing all 10p rewards will do just fine.

I do not understand how people justify wiping accounts when all the hack does is release the custom classes and some emblems. To be honest I hope IW does absolutely nothing to those accounts if they have to choose between wiping and keeping them. Even though it shouldn't be an effort to them to just revoke the 10p status.

This is not a game breaking 'hack' and does not deserve any kind of severe punishment. Who in the right mind expects the AVERAGE player to spend so much time with the game?
Also: it would make IW look like a douche developer, imo. Revoking 10p status: fair and just (if this can be done). Wiping accounts: childish behaviour, certainly when compared to the "fair" akimbo 1887's and javelin glitchers all players -including average players- have to deal with.

Why don't you just ban everyone from the game or reset everyone while you're at it?
Just resetting their stats to a couple weeks ago is fine. No need to ban anyone over this.

LosDaddie

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
While I still enjoy playing it. I love me some hardcore but I don't see myself playing this game as much as COD4 but maybe that's my problem too. I played COD4 from the day it launched till the day MW2 launch so maybe I'm just burned out.

I think that's the main problem here.

CoD4 was so awesome & fresh in 2007 that gamers thought MW2 would be on whole other level in 2009. Instead what we got is an iteration on the very succussful CoD4 formula.

Personally, all I wanted from MW2 was co-op and a rebalanced MP. IW delivered on that, IMO.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I have a question: what did Spetsnaz say in the multiplayer when ur teammates killed someone? also what about Militia, like "Tango Suck-ah" or sth

Dina

CoD 1 was their high-point, not 4. 4 still had noob tubes and choppers. 1 was a picture perfect blend of rifles, mgs and smgs.

Jonsoncao said:
I have a question: what did Spetsnaz say in the multiplayer when ur teammates killed someone? also what about Militia, like "Tango Suck-ah" or sth

Tango Suck-ah = Tango down.

It's all the same. Tango down, poppin' smoke, changing mag etc. pp.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
DeuceMojo said:
Main Entry: mem·ber
Pronunciation: \ˈmem-bər\
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English membre, from Anglo-French, from Latin membrum; akin to Gothic mimz flesh, Greek mēros thigh
Date: 14th century
1 : a body part or organ: as a : limb b : penis c : a unit of structure in a plant body

How DARE you, sir?! :lol

I heard you have a junior member.

Hero said:
So is matchmaking broken and completely down right now? I couldn't find a game last night and today I'm seeing the same thing. It keeps testing matches and finds 0/50 games.
Must be your connection. I've been playing for a couple hours now (360) and it's fine.

careful said:
Just resetting their stats to a couple weeks ago is fine. No need to ban anyone over this.

Which still wrongfully removes levels and experience that players have worked long and hard for to get to.

The only thing the hack does, is unlock all that has "10p" attached to it, re-blocking that should be a piece of cake and is a fair fix. No need to reset stats in any way.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
kamspy said:
Hopefully there's a big juicy patch brewing for the weekend.

maybe for PS3 but given I suspect 360 will have to wait a bit longer (going by the length of the javelin cert process)

careful

Zeitgeister said:
Which still wrongfully removes levels and experience that players have worked long and hard for to get to.

The only thing the hack does, is unlock all that has "10p" attached to it, re-blocking that should be a piece of cake and is a fair fix. No need to reset stats in any way.
My argument is that the gold skull symbol is now tainted. The hack has removed the 'prestige' from that symbol, thus why I suggested to reset their levels to before they applied the hack. They might've worked long and hard to gain some levels since the hack, but they also cheated in a way, so wiping their progress for the past week seems fair to me.

LosDaddie

Banned
CcrooK said:
You'd think they'd want to patch it before Christmas with all the newcomers coming in to play.

Very true. Even just a small patch for a few bugs would be nice.

And I hope MS and Sony are also preparing for the increased server demand over the next 2 weeks too.

Zeitgeister said:

I do not think you understand. I suggest only doing this to verified cheaters. If you actually have worked long and hard to earn something, it shouldn't be taken away. If you cheated to earn levels/emblems, you should still be allowed to play, but should be reset to zero.

Well statistically they got so much exp for getting just one kill. That you could just figure out who used the glitch vs who got there legitimately. Hire one temp guy to go through every prestige 9 and 10 to just ban the glitchers (most of them most likely).

I'd like to see them banned since it sort of is destroying the whole idea of going through prestige.

LosDaddie said:
Temp or perma banned?

I think a temp ban with a "Last Chance" warning would be fine.

Actually I'd just like their shit reset to 0. NM the banning I don't care if they made an error in judgment over a stupid video game.

Also I just got Infected and STD title last night. I feel dirty.

rodvik said:
LOL, similar. Right now I play with headphones on the big screen in our bedroom while she is on laptop. She keeps freaking out when I scream "FUbitches!" at irregular intervals. My new place has a dedicated gaming shed (or "war bunker" ) where I can scream my hate without fear of being judged :)
Awesome, lemme get this straight: you actually have an outbuilding or attached structure like a garage or shed that you play games in? Hilarious. :lol

MrCompletely said:
People love getting dramatic over a game.

Am I the only one that remembers how COD4 matchmaking shit the bed almost 2 months after its launch and was completely broken for about 4 weeks straight?
Was it really 4 weeks? I remember XBL matchmaking was just fucked throughout Christmas/New Year's. At the best possible time, right, 'cause why would I want to actually play a game when I have several days off? :lol

Graf Nudu said:
Tango Suck-ah = Tango down.

It's all the same. Tango down, poppin' smoke, changing mag etc. pp.

Still nobody has an explanation for TEN-INCH STORGINA or SEVEN-INCH STOZINA, etc? Those are my favorite 'cause I've never heard such good videogame jibberish.

xxjuicesxx said:
Actually I'd just like their shit reset to 0. NM the banning I don't care if they made an error in judgment over a stupid video game.

Yeah, you're probably right. I think perma-banning should only take place over obvious hardware mods, modded controllers, lag switches, etc.

I sold a questionably-decorated car in Forza 2 once and they banned me from all of XBL for 2 weeks once. They since learned to reign in their bans to include one game, but it was pretty hilarious the one time.

Bangalore/Hyderabad MS customer service rep: (actual quote) "Why is your account suspended? Because you have been veddy BAD." :lol Wait, wtf mom, is this a Seinfeld episode?

LosDaddie

Banned
DeuceMojo said:
Was it really 4 weeks? I remember XBL matchmaking was just fucked throughout Christmas/New Year's. At the best possible time, right, 'cause why would I want to actually play a game when I have several days off? :lol

I didn't have that many problems then, but that Christmas & New Years was brutal on the XBL servers. Both Halo3 and CoD4 had just came out.

But he is right. CoD4 wasn't "right" online until at least a month (or two) after launch.

blahness

DeuceMojo said:
Still nobody has an explanation for TEN-INCH STORGINA or SEVEN-INCH STOZINA, etc? Those are my favorite 'cause I've never heard such good videogame jibberish.

i would like to know as well. also, everyone else hears bambi or something, but I hear APPLEBEES!

Lince

Banned
I decided to prestige again (second prestige) and play for a bit, holy shit, not having Cold Blooded until lvl 25 is just insane considering you're matched with high-lvl players and air support / sentries are out in the wild in every game. I feel fucking helpless.

xxjuicesxx said:

This happened to me last night as well. I changed my title to it now, so I hope I don't become a target lol

J-Rzez

xxjuicesxx said:
Well statistically they got so much exp for getting just one kill. That you could just figure out who used the glitch vs who got there legitimately. Hire one temp guy to go through every prestige 9 and 10 to just ban the glitchers (most of them most likely).

I'd like to see them banned since it sort of is destroying the whole idea of going through prestige.

Which glitch is this? Did I miss it somewhere? If you're talking about boosters cheating as well, I'd love to see them all banned as well for a week or two, and have their stats reset to zero/callsigns/etc all at zero again.

29oscbs.jpg

OUR UAV IS ONLINE!

pretty much posted by said:
29oscbs.jpg

OUR UAV IS ONLINE!

Hah, I don't think I've ever had a 3-post streak. It's gonna be hard as hell to get that Pavelow. :lol I'd better put Hardline as my second perk.

(BTW, props on uploading a screenshot to tinyurl, hahah :lol )

_Xenon_ said:
Just ranked 67 and got 1887 finally. Man this gun (dual version) is GOD LIKE.
Enjoy it while it lasts. Seriously. A month down the road and nobody will know what you're talking about when you say Akimbo 1887s.

Top Bottom