• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

corkscrewblow said:
Interesting. Never got into any black metal. Not that I'm knocking it. I did, however, get into some stoner metal (Queens of the Stone Age and beyond) like Fu Manchu, Atomic Bitchwax, (High on Fire?).

You could safely say that stoner rock probably owes its existence to obscure Scandinavian metalheads keeping the scene alive throughout the nu-rock siege.

Now it looks like Kirk Hammett as the pope.

Mileena

Banned
Mainly progressive metal and/or progressive rock. Kyuss is the best stoner metal band though :D

and not to go off topic I just got the STD title and brought my ratio up by .01
sweet!

cresto

corkscrewblow said:
Mainly progressive metal and/or progressive rock. Kyuss is the best stoner metal band though :D

and not to go off topic I just got the STD title and brought my ratio up by .01
sweet!
Is that Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth in your avatar? <3 them

Mileena

Banned
ergo said:
Is that Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth in your avatar? <3 them
yea, greatest band ever.
roosters93 said:
How do you get the Infected and STD titles?
For STD you just have to knife someone that's wearing it. I have no idea how to get infected.

oh beaten. I guess they just have to have it, not be wearing it.

snack

corkscrewblow said:
yea, greatest band ever.

For STD you just have to knife someone that's wearing it. I have no idea how to get infected.

oh beaten. I guess they just have to have it, not be wearing it.

I forgot to say that you have to also wear it too in order for others to get the titles. Thanks corkscrewblow for mentioning it. :D

GodofWine

I took 5 days off from this game, not because of the game, and came back today to a totally different 'game'...camping got worse...one man army grenades everywhere (got killed by one to end match and everyone got to watch this guy randomly fire over a hill...:lol )...hell 1887's aren't even much of an issue now.

Oh, and why am I getting some 'tube' grenades that are not exploding..had one that I launched right at a dude, it hit in front of him, and bounced past him...no boom...ever.

Hyunkel6

GodofWine said:
Oh, and why am I getting some 'tube' grenades that are not exploding..had one that I launched right at a dude, it hit in front of him, and bounced past him...no boom...ever.

They must travel a minimum distance to explode. But you can still kill a guy if you headshot him with a non-exploding grenade. :lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
NeoUltima said:
Update 1.07 is up on Ps3! :D
We only heard about this two days ago... I'm impressed. People can hate all they want, and much of it's warranted, but the turn-around on these patches for the most pressing issues has been pretty good. Let's just hope the 360 patch gets through certification before Christmas (I'm assuming that's the goal).

Unless, of course, 1.07 is for something else entirely (like the somewhat unexpected 1.05). I doubt it, though.

DRE Fei

Yeah the noobtubes have weird properties. It's so strange hitting a guy point blank range in the face with one.:lol

BTW I'm loving the ACR lately. That thing is like my beloved FAMAS except in fully automatic form. The only drawback is the damage. I'm getting closer to lvl 70 for the second time and that tough choice is coming up again, but damn it's boring sitting at 70 and not moving forward. It's weird how I've unlocked way more stuff than I did last time like marathon/lightweight pro and it's hard for me to give that up. I'm seeing people on their 4th and 5th prestige already and it looks legit. It boggles my mind how they're leveling up so fast. I guess ground war is the way to go for kills but the spawn system in that mode really pisses me off. Anyway, I can't stop playing this game despite it's flaws.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
vatstep said:
We only heard about this two days ago... I'm impressed. People can hate all they want, and much of it's warranted, but the turn-around on these patches for the most pressing issues has been pretty good.

Treyarch would've had the patch out faster. Stupid Infinity Ward.

DMeisterJ

Banned
vatstep said:
We only heard about this two days ago... I'm impressed. People can hate all they want, and much of it's warranted, but the turn-around on these patches for the most pressing issues has been pretty good. Let's just hope the 360 patch gets through certification before Christmas (I'm assuming that's the goal).

Unless, of course, 1.07 is for something else entirely (like the somewhat unexpected 1.05). I doubt it, though.
Especially with the support that MW1 got on PS3... These quick patches are really nice.

NeoUltima

Don't think it has fixed prestige hack, or at least it didn't revert back those who used it. Unless the guys I was just playing with were legit 10th prestige.

DMeisterJ

Banned
1887s got a pretty good nerfing, unless it's just a placebo... Range is definitely down, maybe power a bit too, even if
the stats don't reflect it.

Mileena

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
1887s got a pretty good nerfing, unless it's just a placebo... Range is definitely down, maybe power a bit too, even if
the stats don't reflect it.
qnk54x.jpg

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
NeoUltima said:
Don't think it has fixed prestige hack, or at least it didn't revert back those who used it. Unless the guys I was just playing with were legit 10th prestige.
The fix will probably prevent anyone else from doing it, but I'm guessing that IW will have to revert the people who used the exploit using some other method (if they can at all). I'm sure it's obvious when viewing player stats who used it and who didn't, judging by score, playtime, etc.

Finally got back home from college and played the MP today after being gone from it for a while, lets just say I will not touch this MP for another while longer. It just wasn't any fun at all, I gave it a try, played a couple different game modes, but in the end, I just couldn't take all of the campers, glitches, horrible hit detection, etc...

This game can be fun at times, but right now, I think it's the worst game in the world.

/rant

If that patch truly is THE patch we're all waiting for, and it's already out on the PS3, Microsoft needs to take notes. I don't understand WHY the certification process take this long.

CrazedArabMan said:
Finally got back home from college and played the MP today after being gone from it for a while, lets just say I will not touch this MP for another while longer. It just wasn't any fun at all, I gave it a try, played a couple different game modes, but in the end, I just couldn't take all of the campers, glitches, horrible hit detection, etc...

This game can be fun at times, but right now, I think it's the worst game in the world.

/rant

I can agree with everything but the horrible hit detection. This game has such great hit detection. Not only does it kill them if you shoot at them but it has much improved hit detection of players that are running from CoD4 (I played a bunch yesterday and it was quite hard to hit running players as opposed to MW2).

Mind you I'm talking of hit detection over a solid connection. I don't know what your experience is but this game is leagues ahead of any MP FPS I've played.

xxjuicesxx said:
I can agree with everything but the horrible hit detection. This game has such great hit detection. Not only does it kill them if you shoot at them but it has much improved hit detection of players that are running from CoD4 (I played a bunch yesterday and it was quite hard to hit running players as opposed to MW2).

Mind you I'm talking of hit detection over a solid connection. I don't know what your experience is but this game is leagues ahead of any MP FPS I've played.

When I say hit detection, I mostly mean when I shoot a guy and he kills me, and then on the kill cam it doesn't show me firing a bullet or vica versa. I should of specified more.

xxjuicesxx said:

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not push it now. This game still doesn't touch Halo 3 in terms of hit detection IMO. Sniper bullets still magically go through players, and many times you shoot and never even hit someone 2 inches in front of you while he kills you. That last point especially goes for the Bladerunner classes.

Net_Wrecker said:
Whoa whoa whoa, let's not push it now. This game still doesn't touch Halo 3 in terms of hit detection IMO. Sniper bullets still magically go through players, and many times you shoot and never even hit someone 2 inches in front of you while he kills you. That last point especially goes for the Bladerunner classes.
You must not have played many games of Halo 3. I can't even tell you how many times I have sniped someone in H3 only for it not to count.

Net_Wrecker said:

Yea and theres not thousands of pictures on Bungie.net fileshares of people who have blood coming out of their Spartan that didn't count. Hell I've had around 30 of those pics. The hit detection in Halo 3 is terrible, mind you it might be more obvious because the battles last much longer, but the game is supposed to have 4 shot BR kills, most BR battles are MUCH longer and I've had entire SWAT games that were played to perfection (all shots hit) yet I've lost because of hit detection over a network.

And for fucks sake what a lot of you are talking about is Ping differential. When you say I shot him but the killcam doesn't show it. Its because you were KILLED before you shot him. Its why you can get around corners or walls and get safe many times and then you die and you go wtf his bullets bent around corners! Its just you died then you went around the corner but your game didn't know it yet.

witness

The way the game has been exclusively advertised on 360 you think they would rush these patches out, the fact that they come out on PS3 DAYS before 360 is a joke. If it wasn't for my buddies only having this on 360......

backflip10019 said:
You must not have played many games of Halo 3. I can't even tell you how many times I have sniped someone in H3 only for it not to count.

I've played MANY matches of Halo 3, and I've never seen hit detection as bad as MW2, and COD4 have. MAYBE once in a while with some bad connections you may have trouble in H3, but not every other match like in CoD games.

How many times have you seen your bullets go right past someone in the killcam even though you KNOW you shot at hit chest?

Net_Wrecker said:
I've played MANY matches of Halo 3, and I've never seen hit detection as bad as MW2, and COD4 have. MAYBE once in a while with some bad connections you may have trouble in H3, but not every other match like in CoD games.

How many times have you seen your bullets go right past someone in the killcam even though you KNOW you shot at hit chest?
I'm sorry, but you're just flat out wrong. The hit detection in Halo 3 is horrible compared to MW2 (not that it's much of an improvement, but still). I've played close to 8000 games of H3 and almost a thousand of MW2.

backflip10019 said:
I'm sorry, but you're just flat out wrong. The hit detection in Halo 3 is horrible compared to MW2 (not that it's much of an improvement, but still). I've played close to 8000 games of H3 and almost a thousand of MW2.

Well maybe you're just more forgiving cause I just can't agree with you. I have put more hours into H3, and COD4 than any other game I've ever had and I know for a fact that I've had 100x more deaths in the CoD games that make absolutely no sense according to what I saw.

Plus, the Fileshare videos ALWAYS seemed like the hit detection was janky, but there have been plenty of replays that looked "late" in terms of blood splatter but looked perfect in actual gameplay.

xxjuicesxx said:
And for fucks sake what a lot of you are talking about is Ping differential. When you say I shot him but the killcam doesn't show it. Its because you were KILLED before you shot him. Its why you can get around corners or walls and get safe many times and then you die and you go wtf his bullets bent around corners! Its just you died then you went around the corner but your game didn't know it yet.

When you try to hit someone running horizontally in front of you, and no matter if you lead him, or put the red dot on him, and the bullets still don't connect, I call that bad hit detection. C'mon now, they released a PATCH in COD4 cause the damn sniper rifles literally COULD NOT HIT ANYONE.

DMeisterJ

Banned
NeoUltima said:
Striker seems to be the new shotgun of choice...also a semi-ridiculous weapon but not as but as 1887s at least

I've encountered the SPAS-12 a lot too since the nerfing became news, and subsequently happened. Truth is, all of these shotguns have very generous range and power.

Net_Wrecker said:
Well maybe you're just more forgiving cause I just can't agree with you. I have put more hours into H3, and COD4 than any other game I've ever had and I know for a fact that I've had 100x more deaths in the CoD games that make absolutely no sense according to what I saw.

I can assure you if Halo 3 had a killcam it would be the same thing. Its all over network. Hell you could have played perfectly and maybe you did shoot them deadon with a FAMAS that noone should have survived. If they did the same thing its really up to the internet to decide who did it first.

I also have about ~8000 games of H3 and now 5 days online of MW2.

SmokeMaxX

Can somebody provide details on the "rebalancing" of the 1887s? It's a really delicate process, rebalancing those guns because one gun SHOULD be strong (because its reload is unparalleled in the shotguns) but Akimbo, it should have something that doesn't make it overpowered (like a 0.05 second reload).

Top Bottom