• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I love getting called a cheater because I went 9-0 on S&D :lol.

todahawk

Pankaks said:
I love getting called a cheater because I went 9-0 on S&D :lol.

I was really getting cussed out this weekend.

I started 4-0 on Rundown S&D over the weekend (only my second time trying S&D in MW2). When I killed the last two enemies trying to defuse my bomb and we went to the score board I discovered a few of my team-mates had been screaming at me to keep my head down and hope time ran out. Finished 11-4 or something.

Got some really angry guys during some TDM and really pissed off a team-mate when I blew up his carefully setup claymore booby-trap with my noob-tube (i thought it was an enemy trying to cap)

OldJadedGamer said:
My friends and I literally fight over who is going to take down choppers first. "I got this one", "No way dude, I'm taking it", "Well, I'm going to fire first so you're just going to waste a rocket", "Oh come on... you got the last one!!"
I tend to either be using One Man Army and switch to my rocket class when I hear the aircraft flying in -or- I'll just grip my grenade and explode and come back as a rocketman. And I think it's gonna be a long long time. Never really understood that part.

But yeah, I have downed a metric assload of aircraft. Hopefully the dudes I play with realize I am the man to take those bastards down. However, before level 30 I just hope someone else is the man. :lol

Came the closest I've ever got so far to getting a nuke today, playing CTF on Karachi. I decided to start off by securing the area around the enemies' flag and the kills just somehow started flowing. I eventually called in an AC-130 and found after that, to my surprise, I was at 19 kills to 0 deaths.

Naturally this changed my playstyle completely and I no longer cared about the flags anymore: getting the final 6 kills was my only objective. (we were 4-0 up and pretty dominant anyway) I just camped out a lonely area of the map for the final minute of the round to relieve some of the tension of the moment, which then left the final 5 minutes to do the work.

Round 2 began and I decided stealth was the key, so I set a claymore down near our flag and moved out, minus the cardboard box unfortunately. Time was passing far to quickly, but I managed to advance and take out a few lone stragglers as I went along. Eventually, with 1 minute on the clock remaining, I was at 22-0. Obviously drastic action had to be taken now so I decided to go out with a bang.

My position was on the rooftop which overlooked the area with the bus (at the front). As luck would have it, there was 3 enemies moving in the same direction down the alleyway to the left. It was now or never to achieve that self-inflicted fiery radioactive death. I did a crazy ninja jump and knifed the enemy at the back, whilst in mid air, and had just raised my silenced scar to the 2 lined up enemies in front of me, only to have a rogue grenade fall from the heavens and blow up instantly.

To my horror, the killcam showed that it was thrown over the building I was just on. A death I would be slightly annoyed with at the best of times but now it was just incomprehensible. There was 30 seconds left on the clock so I went into a rage running madly around the map but only managed to find a single opponent to destroy. Thank god it was at least payback. The match ended with me at 24-1 with my team winning by 6-0 flags.

Getting a nuke might be second nature to a few GAF players out there, but this attempt is leagues better compared to how badly I was playing the game just a few weeks ago (I had a K/D ratio of 0.6). After unlocking Cold Blooded I've improved a hell of a lot and my ratio is now 1.2, so hopefully I'll achieve that elusive nuke sooner or later so I can go back happily to playing Demon's Souls.

If you guys want me to tell you how to get nukes, it's actually pretty easy. If you can get 7 kills in a row, you can get a nuke. I'm up to about ~47 or so, i've lost count. And instead of waiting for replies, i'll just say it. Just give me a second to type it up here...

SmokeMaxX

FromTheFuture said:
If you guys want me to tell you how to get nukes, it's actually pretty easy. If you can get 7 kills in a row, you can get a nuke. I'm up to about ~47 or so, i've lost count. And instead of waiting for replies, i'll just say it. Just give me a second to type it up here...

Don't worry, I got this. It's easy to get a nuke. Just get 25 kills in a row.

In all serious, I'm assuming you're gonna say harrier -> chopper gunner -> nuke

Holy fuck, I got into one of those 18(?) player FFA games this weekend. A lot of fun except on the smaller maps like Scrapyard. Fuckers would camp right on the spawn point and rack up kills. The shitty thing is when you spawn, they're right behind you so everytime you spawn, it's turn around and spray just in case.

BTW, how do you make sure you get in one of those matches? Besides the spawn camping, I found it a lot of fun. Most of the time, it's just the normal 8 players.

SmokeMaxX said:
Don't worry, I got this. It's easy to get a nuke. Just get 25 kills in a row.

In all serious, I'm assuming you're gonna say harrier -> chopper gunner -> nuke
Yeah, pretty much.

To get a nuke:

Use your best play style in terms of perks/guns. Anything that can get you a 7 kill streak that you're comfortable with.

The killstreaks you want to use are: Harrier Strike (7), Chopper Gunner (11) / AC130 (11), and then Tactical Nuke (25). Take note that the Chopper Gunner is a billion times easier than the AC130.

Basically, you get 7 kills to your harrier strike. If you want to play it extra safe, you can just find a hiding spot at this point. Send your harrier out where you think the enemy might be, so that your airstrike gets a few kills. If it doesn't get any, it's not a big problem. The last harrier that hangs around should be able to get you 4 kills, which counts towards the Chopper Gunner/AC130. At this point, go hide in a corner, if you haven't already, and use your Chopper Gunner/AC130.

For the Chopper Gunner, you never have to 'reload' so you can just hold down the fire trigger and blast away. Pretty self explanatory. Keep in mind that your bullets are explosive, so that means you can shoot walls and the general area in which an enemy is in, and still deal damage. It is helpful for maps with buildings, etc that get in your way. Also, if people are hiding in buildings, try your best to shoot as far in as possible, through windows, doors, etc. The explosive bullets give you a decent amount of range so you can blast people who think they're safe (say, on Highrise).

For AC130, you have to factor in the time it takes for a shell to reach the actual ground. This is what makes it more difficult over Chopper Gunner. Essentially, predict where an enemy will move, and shoot there. I often save the big gun (not sure what each gun is called) for clumps of enemies. While the big gun is reloading, use the second gun to shoot individual runners, and use the big gun whenever it's reloaded. I hardly ever use the machine gun, cause let's face it, it's terrible.

Have fun nuking. It's all fairly simple.

Hyunkel6

FromTheFuture said:
Yeah, pretty much.

To get a nuke:

Use your best play style in terms of perks/guns. Anything that can get you a 7 kill streak that you're comfortable with.

The killstreaks you want to use are: Harrier Strike (7), Chopper Gunner (11) / AC130 (11), and then Tactical Nuke (25). Take note that the Chopper Gunner is a billion times easier than the AC130.

Basically, you get 7 kills to your harrier strike. If you want to play it extra safe, you can just find a hiding spot at this point. Send your harrier out where you think the enemy might be, so that your airstrike gets a few kills. If it doesn't get any, it's not a big problem. The last harrier that hangs around should be able to get you 4 kills, which counts towards the Chopper Gunner/AC130. At this point, go hide in a corner, if you haven't already, and use your Chopper Gunner/AC130.

You must be very lucky. My harriers get shot seconds after I call them now. They have absolutely no defense.

Hyunkel6 said:
You must be very lucky. My harriers get shot seconds after I call them now. They have absolutely no defense.
Not entirely. I play a lot so I end up getting a lot of harriers/chopper gunners taken out. It just depends on the enemy team. Also I consider myself quite good (not to sound pretentious) so I don't always end up relying on something like my harrier to get the job done.

Sielys

Ugh, sometimes I hate commando. Flank hostile team, find 2 enemies shooting out a window, knife, completely overshoot the first guy to knife the other, and then get shot in the back because I knife teleported straight into his sights...

You'd think this would be a rare occurrence, but it's not :lol

I've never been in a glitched match, unless you consider 18 player FFA a glitch, until today. I was put into a HQPro match, but the games speed was 3x's (or so) faster than normal, with infinite sprint. I got my marathon and lightweight pro in an instant. It was kinda fun, but I hope I don't run into this again.

Nearly got my second Nuke yesterday by sniping.
Was in a great spot on Wasteland, got the Harrier and Chopper Gunner which works wonders on Wasteland. I'd say I was on ~22 kills when my Gunner finished. Unfortunately someone had killed me during that as there weren't any good hiding spots where I was.

careful

Sielys said:
Ugh, sometimes I hate commando. Flank hostile team, find 2 enemies shooting out a window, knife, completely overshoot the first guy to knife the other, and then get shot in the back because I knife teleported straight into his sights...

You'd think this would be a rare occurrence, but it's not :lol

Cerrius said:
sweet justice

:D

Narag said:
Someone's name is green with the XBOX buttons as part of their name in my current match. What the hell?
I saw that once in cod4. hooray for hackers/modders. His tag took up half the screen, I couldn't see the other team through them.

Gamespot Poster said:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the best shooters game EVER created! Whoever says its laggy should rlli sort out their internet connections cause its not...AT ALL! *The campaign might have been a little short, but yet its AMAZING and the most fun campaign to play! The depth of it covers its shortness and therefore it doesn't really have a great effect on the overal game. *The special opps are simply INSANE!-especially if u play them in 2 player. So this is kind of and extension to the short campaign.
*Multiplayer is the best competitive multiplayer ever made! Highly addictive and very fun to play! Its just perfect!
.....:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

TacticalFox88 said:
I never did get a chance to play COD4. What Killstreak awards did it have?
UAV (3 Kills)
Airstrike (5 Kills)
Chopper (7 Kills)

This wasn't customisable, but there were differences, such as the UAV can't be shot down and the helicopter was harder to shoot down.

SUPREME1

Banned
Haha, so as I was tinkering with create a class last night and I noticed that the Javelin description says something like 'location & vehicle lock-on'.

Location? Wha? I'd never noticed this.

Keep in mind that the Javelin is by far the my most used rocket launcher. I've downed many a chopper and jet with this bad boy. I take pride in my ability to down them flying pests faster than my team-mates.

Anyway, so I had never seen anyone bomb a location with one... or so I thought. I'd seen many javelin rockets miss a chopper or jet at the last second, while on the way down... then slam into the ground. Or so I thought.

So I thought I'd go give it a try. I join a game, pull out the javelin and aim at the cabin steps from a distance. IT LOCKED ON!!! WOOT!!! Great potential for fun.

I let it fly and it slams into the ground and kills someone. I didn't see anyone, but it killed someone. A second later I hear someone complaining and whining like a little bitch "f*ck you -----! Using a javelin is cheating. You f*cking cheater, -----, you suck."

I lol'd because I didn't give a sh*t and because it was f*cking awesome. Massive explosion is massive. Hehehe.

Anyway, I didn't have as much luck with it the reminder of the round and so I stopped using it that way. But yeah... That was a real DUURRRRR moment when I relaized I had used it so many times and not realized it had that capability.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
ImperialConquest said:
Haha, so as I was tinkering with create a class last night and I noticed that the Javelin description says something like 'location & vehicle lock-on'.

Location? Wha? I'd never noticed this.

Keep in mind that the Javelin is by far the my most used rocket launcher. I've downed many a chopper and jet with this bad boy. I take pride in my ability to down them flying pests faster than my team-mates.

Anyway, so I had never seen anyone bomb a location with one... or so I thought. I'd seen many javelin rockets miss a chopper or jet at the last second, while on the way down... then slam into the ground. Or so I thought.

So I thought I'd go give it a try. I join a game, pull out the javelin and aim at the cabin steps from a distance. IT LOCKED ON!!! WOOT!!! Great potential for fun.

I let it fly and it slams into the ground and kills someone. I didn't see anyone, but it killed someone. A second later I hear someone complaining and whining like a little bitch "f*ck you -----! Using a javelin is cheating. You f*cking cheater, -----, you suck."

I lol'd because I didn't give a sh*t and because it was f*cking awesome. Massive explosion is massive. Hehehe.

Anyway, I didn't have as much luck with it the reminder of the round and so I stopped using it that way. But yeah... That was a real DUURRRRR moment when I relaized I had used it so many times and not realized it had that capability.

What I love to do is aim for the spawn area at the beginning of the game. This works great for Quarry, Highrise, Invasion, Rundown. You can also wait a bit and aim where the other team usually goes about 1 minute after spawning (near the middle shed on Underpass, outer courtyard on Karachi, middle area in Sub Base). Works great in Domination games, too. TRIPLE KILL!

whitehawk

Banned
RSTEIN said:
What I love to do is aim for the spawn area at the beginning of the game. This works great for Quarry, Highrise, Invasion, Rundown. You can also wait a bit and aim where the other team usually goes about 1 minute after spawning (near the middle shed on Underpass, outer courtyard on Karachi, middle area in Sub Base). Works great in Domination games, too. TRIPLE KILL!
Your gamertag is RJ81 or something right? We need to play.

Infinity

ImperialConquest said:

I so have to try this because then I would have a good excuse to un-mute all the whiners.

diehard

Fleer
Pyke Presco said:
One of my friends told me (but I havent checked it yet to confirm, so take this with a grain of salt) that the plane flies in the same direction as you were facing when you threw the grenade. So if (like me most of the time) you are pointing towards the outside of the map when you toss it, they will go that way. You want to have your back towards the map edge and throw it away from fences or whatever.
This is true, Also the first package should be about where your grenade is.

Rainy Dog said:
Apparently, the ACR has better range than the M4 (does max damage at a longer distance). Same re. the FAMAS over the M16.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/506/completestats1.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
cool, thanks

careful

Playing with the AK and feeling it's familiar kick brings back fond memories of COD4.
However, I don't think it's as good this time around because most of the other ARs have so little recoil, I feel it's not worth the extra damage trade off.
The ARs are a bit too precise in this game.
I feel like the ACR should be nerfed down to 25-20 (like the Vector) because of the non-existent recoil. I've been using and abusing the ACR since I unlocked it. I want some incentive to use the other guns.

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
Net_Wrecker said:
So I take it that the Xbox 360 MW2 still hasn't recieved an update?

Why did the Pstriple?!?! If so I'm angry. :mad: grrrr

I really can't stand this - transfer to private match with 18 people and unlimited ammo with 5x the speed. HOORAY!!! Fucking horrible. I would much rather keep the jav glitch. C'mon IW, let's hurry and fix this game before I throw it away.

KaYotiX

Banned
i dont even bother with nukes anymore (yes ive had plenty of them), i have more fun with the EMP and AC130. :D
Nothing better than calling in a EMP when the sky is full of Killstreak rewards and seeing them all blow up LOL!!

CheapChampagne said:
Why did the Pstriple?!?! If so I'm angry. :mad: grrrr

I really can't stand this - transfer to private match with 18 people and unlimited ammo with 5x the speed. HOORAY!!! Fucking horrible. I would much rather keep the jav glitch. C'mon IW, let's hurry and fix this game before I throw it away.

The PS3 update has been out going on 4 days now.

Microsoft's certification process SUCKSSSSS. I haven't touched MW2 in like 2 weeks, and I don't plan to until this patch is put through, and I guess it's not yet. Oh well

jedimike

After sitting at level 70 for a few days, I finally decided to prestige. I maxed out the AK-47 and felt like I was not progressing anymore. My game play was getting stale too since I relied heavily on claymores. My objective was set claymore and wait for people to come into my area (camp).

It was a good move for me... Now I have to attack. I forgot that the FAMAS was so badass. I was getting kills that I never would have got with the AK. I thought my K/D would fall after having to start at level 1, but it is actually going up.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Quick question GAF, do you guys use the tactical button layout or the default button layout?

Tactical switches the knife from RS (Xbox 360) to the B button. I've been using tactical since COD4 and have gotten pretty used to it. But I keep finding myself unable to react fast enough to a knife maniac or just in CQC at all. What do you guys think?

Top Bottom