• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
DeuceMojo said:
Don't know how you can play Headquarters in this iteration. They seemed to have infused it with a huge portion of suck. I guess it's just me.

You played Demolition? Absolutely incredible match bonuses in that game if you win. I've cleared 9,000 points per game with zero challenges completed.
I don't play S&D, CTF or any 3rd person modes.

When playing with my friends I'm either in the Ground War playlist or the TDM playlist.
When playing on my own I'm either in the MTD or HQ.

Sometimes I'll dabble in Hardcore mode...but I've been on way too many shitty teams to tolerate that.

DeuceMojo said:
Don't know how you can play Headquarters in this iteration. They seemed to have infused it with a huge portion of suck. I guess it's just me.

You played Demolition? Absolutely incredible match bonuses in that game if you win. I've cleared 9,000 points per game with zero challenges completed.
Yeah, Demo is certainly the best for leveling up quickly. The most match bonus that I ever got in a game of Demo was ~13000. In that same game, I also completed two 10,000 point challenges and got a nuke, so I ended up with around 46,000 total points in one game. :O

RubxQub said:
Anyone who is beyond 2nd prestige, maybe 3rd must have boosted to get there. I've been playing this get legit pretty much since it came out (close to 5 days of MP time logged) and I'm just about to hit 70 on my 1st prestige.

...that or they pretty much have ZERO life beyond waking up, playing MW2, going to bed. Rinse/repeat.

No not really. I'm almost up to my 3rd and I dont even play MW2 all the time and I have a full time career. I'm approaching 5 1/2 days of play time I think.

I pretty much mostly play TDM and sometimes when I want to change it up, SnD and hardcore TDM. I admit I played a ton the first 2 weeks it came out, but not as much as I could be. I play for like an hour and a half usually during weeknights if I even do play MW2. Some people are just really good. I hate boosters with a passion and I try to play as legit as possible. I dont even use the 1887s unless I find them on the ground and I dont camp either.

Playing Domination on Wasteland last night, I earned my first nuke. But RIGHT as I get the 25th kill, some fucker on the other team calls in HIS nuke. Beats me by less than a second.

I raged.

FilthyLies said:
Playing Domination on Wasteland last night, I earned my first nuke. But RIGHT as I get the 25th kill, some fucker on the other team calls in HIS nuke. Beats me by less than a second.

I raged.
I would've cried too.

3324htg.jpg

Juuust liiiike a womaaan. :lol

Couldn't pass it up.

LLaMa-Tech said:
I just bought a pair of these:

fpsfreek.jpg

Thanks GAF!

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/Game-Controller-Accessories/KontrolFreek-FPS-Freek.asp

"FPS Freek increases your accuracy in first-person shooter games like Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty and others. FPS Freek was designed and tested by professional gamers in tournaments across the Country. The results are clear – FPS Freek enhances aiming precision and increases game performance with a minimal learning curve.

The added analog stick length provides 40% more linear distance from full stop to stop. This gives you more leverage and increased precision without disturbing your natural gaming playing feel.

This product is patent pending and universally fits both the Xbox 360 and PS3 controller."

thesciencesmaller2.jpg

I was slightly interested in those add-ons until I realized how much they would f up my running and melee, plus probably increase difficulty of making precise jumps, clearing obstacles, etc. Good luck w/ those though.

Minamu

If you guys didn't play gametypes that give a measly 50 points per kill, you'd be higher ranked as well. The ignorance is refreshing :lol Of course the S&D'ers are gonna get lvl ups faster since each kill equals the points of 10 kills in any other playlist. The Headquarters match bonus is not good.

Regarding the FPS Freek thingies. I'm confused why you would put both on? Seems like just the right one for the mouselook (aiming) would be enough. Why fuck with your running, what benefits would you really get from more precise running? Seems like I never go in the wrong place or direction...

RubxQub said:
Anyone who is beyond 2nd prestige, maybe 3rd must have boosted to get there. I've been playing this get legit pretty much since it came out (close to 5 days of MP time logged) and I'm just about to hit 70 on my 1st prestige.

...that or they pretty much have ZERO life beyond waking up, playing MW2, going to bed. Rinse/repeat.

I have 2 days, 18 hours and I'm on level 41 of second prestige - and I have people on my FL who have progressed at a quicker rate. If you're taking 5 days to hit first prestige, you're doing it wrong.

Also, as someone with 5 days (thats 120 hours!) in a game thats been out for just over 6 weeks, you shouldn't go judging people as having no life. That's 20 hours a week kid, half the time of a typical 9 - 5 job; effectively, MW2 is a part time job for you.

F#A#Oo

Banned
RubxQub said:

Your absolutely wrong...:lol

I work 12 hour days 5/6 days a week...and I'm at first prestige level 51 at 3 day mark.

S&D is the best way of gaining EXP...unless you can get 20+ kills in TDM consistently plus getting loads of bonus e.g. headshots, payback, buzzkill, long range, one hit kill. It all adds up...

S&D is really though the biggest EXP booster though...easily 2k per game even if you play bad.

Also I would say since you have played more then me you must be what you assume others are...maybe look in the mirror?

Mogg0

Banned
Shit, this thread died in the arse. It's a comparative ghost town to 2 weeks ago.

Probably because the game is shit.

I went back to WaW and, holy fuck, Treyarch's mod destroys IW. The maps are just way better designed. So much care and thought went into those maps, and the game oozes with atmosphere. Still a pretty good online community too. First game back I went 28 - 0 on Roundhouse. I hopped in a tank and survived the entire game. The dumb cunts refused to take me out.

I'm sorry I left you, sweet prince.

RubxQub

MrCompletely said:
I have 2 days, 18 hours and I'm on level 41 of second prestige - and I have people on my FL who have progressed at a quicker rate. If you're taking 5 days to hit first prestige, you're doing it wrong.

Also, as someone with 5 days (thats 120 hours!) in a game thats been out for just over 6 weeks, you shouldn't go judging people as having no life. That's 20 hours a week kid, half the time of a typical 9 - 5 job; effectively, MW2 is a part time job for you.
You must have missed where I said "I consider the time I've spent to be unhealthy".

Such aggressive responses :lol

If certain game modes yield considerably more XP than others based on comparable performances...than it's just another thing to add to the "IW Fucked This Up" list.

As I said, I don't play those modes so I wouldn't know. Lesson learned.

...kid? :lol

RubxQub said:
You must have missed where I said "I consider the time I've spent to be unhealthy".

Such aggressive responses :lol

If certain game modes yield considerably more XP than others based on comparable performances...than it's just another thing to add to the "IW Fucked This Up" list.

As I said, I don't play those modes so I wouldn't know. Lesson learned.

...kid? :lol

I stick to TDM and Ground War about 90% of the time, it's the weapon bonuses and challenges that really drive the XP progression.

jedimike

DeuceMojo said:
I don't think they issued these guns in order of power or anything. I would rank the best guns as M16, AK47, SCAR, FAL, (all the high-caliber weapons) but then others will say that's ridiculous.

They must have done some tweaking on the guns, considering the AK was like a starting weapon in COD4, and now seems to be considerably improved. Though it does puzzle me why they made it a reward for reaching lvl 70.

It's all very subjective... I thought the AK was good until I went back to the Famas. If you are a player who likes your firefights in the 20'-40' range, then you'll love the AK because it wrecks people at that range. However, I'm more comfortable fighting beyond that range so the Famas works well because it maintains power and has little recoil. Up close, it sucks compared to other guns with more power, so I use the PP200 for secondary.

Same thing with classes... people are always searching for the ultimate class, but the best class is the one that fits your playing style.

RubxQub

MrCompletely said:
I stick to TDM and Ground War about 90% of the time, it's the weapon bonuses and challenges that really drive the XP progression.
Are you constanly using different weapons all the time or what?

I have just about every AR and SMG leveled to various degrees and you're playing very similar game modes.

Something doesn't jive.

F#A#Oo

Banned
RubxQub said:

Wrong again. A game like S&D with no respawn means you can't have the same scoring system as a TDM...you need to balance it so people who main S&D won't be left behind by those that main other modes with high kill counts.

RubxQub

F#A#Oo said:
Wrong again. A game like S&D with no respawn means you can't have the same scoring system as a TDM...you need to balance it so people who main S&D won't be left behind by those that main other modes with high kill counts.
Are you intentionally trying to pick a fight or something?

I'm correct.

If a certain game mode is better to play to get XP, than they balanced it wrong. How is that an arguable statement?

F#A#Oo

Banned
RubxQub said:
Are you intentionally trying to pick a fight or something?

I'm correct.

If a certain game mode is better to play to get XP, than they balanced it wrong. How is that an arguable statement?

:lol

I'll say it again S&D has no RESPAWN. It's not hard...there is a reason why it gives more points per kill, plant, defuse etc you can die within seconds and spend the next 4 minutes watching cams.

RubxQub

F#A#Oo said:

I'll say it again S&D has no RESPAWN. It's not hard...there is a reason why it gives more points per kill, plant, defuse etc you can die within seconds and spend the next 4 minutes watching cams.
...so how is what I said wrong?

You're pointing out that the scoring isn't the same because the mode is different...I'm not saying that wrong. My statement boils down to "if the modes are unbalanced, than IW didn't balance it properly."

That statement isn't an argument, it's a reiteration of the definition of "balanced".

An acceptable answer would be "IW didn't intend to have all the modes be balanced", but neither you nor I know this answer.

F#A#Oo said:
left-behind-dvd-front-cover.jpg

RubxQub said:
Are you constanly using different weapons all the time or what?

I have just about every AR and SMG leveled to various degrees and you're playing very similar game modes.

Something doesn't jive.

I use most of the assault rifles, and level them up to get all the points for kills, so it ends up being something like 40k+ xp per weapon (and that's not counting the ancillary challenges, like unlocking attachments, headshot challenges, etc). I also try and go after perk and killstreak challenges, but not as aggressively.

RubxQub

MrCompletely said:
I use most of the assault rifles, and level them up to get all the points for kills, so it ends up being something like 40k+ xp per weapon (and that's not counting the ancillary challenges, like unlocking attachments, headshot challenges, etc). I also try and go after perk and killstreak challenges, but not as aggressively.
Hmph, I do all this as well.

Not sure what the delta would be, as I already mentioned that I'm pretty much always in the top 3 for the team, often number 1.

practice02 said:
This is the most bizarre graphic response to a post, but hey it's funny. Ever notice how there's celebs that practice religion and have other conservative views but you really barely notice it, and then there's the super in-your-face douchebags?

Where do you think Kirk Cameron lies? I'm gonna say "beyond douche."

RubxQub said:

:lol Dude, you must suck at the game. Im a third prestige and I have 4 days 10 hours on the game. Even my uncle who sucks at the game is a prestige and he has only two days logged on.

DeuceMojo said:
This is the most bizarre graphic response to a post, but hey it's funny. Ever notice how there's celebs that practice religion and have other conservative views but you really barely notice it, and then there's the super in-your-face douchebags?

It's not that weird. dude was talking about S&d and balancing it so no one would be..... Left behind......
I thought Captain Kirk Camerson was like a quacker or something.

RubxQub

BrassMonkey1010 said:
:lol Dude, you must suck at the game. Im a third prestige and I have 4 days 10 hours on the game. Even my uncle who sucks at the game is a prestige and he has only two days logged on.
Why do all of the detractors from my statements not read what I say?

I've mentioned that I'm usually in the top 3, often number 1 when playing...mentioned this twice now. Do I have proof? Nope...how could I?

I have a 1.21 K/D over my time in MW2 which is about the only stat I could really point to, and that stat is even skewed incorrectly because when you play domination, K/D isn't the important stat, capturing is. My accuracy with primarily ARs and SMGs hovers around 19%.

Guess you'll have to trust me...or just tell me I suck at the game.

DeuceMojo said:
The coolest thing about posting at NeoGAF is you don't get garbage like this. Much.

Le sigh.

He is confused why he is so low of a rank...and its because he isn't very good. There is no way you can have 5 days on the game and not prestige if you are any good. Im not making fun of him, just stating facts.

spootime said:
24 kill streak and the game ends FUCKKKKKKK
Trick to getting a nuke is be like 25 to 35 years old. play hooky from work and join a game right around when elementary or middle school gets out. Get on your mic and start telling really cool stories about Boobies and weiners the kids will be so distracted by how cool you are that you will just cruise to that 25 killstreak.

RubxQub

BrassMonkey1010 said:
He is confused why he is so low of a rank...and its because he isn't very good. There is no way you can have 5 days on the game and not prestige if you are any good. Im not making fun of him, just stating facts.
... I have prestiged already. READ! READ THE POSTS!

RubxQub said:
Why do all of the detractors from my statements not read what I say?

I've mentioned that I'm usually in the top 3, often number 1 when playing...mentioned this twice now. Do I have proof? Nope...how could I?

I have a 1.21 K/D over my time in MW2 which is about the only stat I could really point to, and that stat is even skewed incorrectly because when you play domination, K/D isn't the important stat, capturing is. My accuracy with primarily ARs and SMGs hovers around 19%.

How many kills do you have?

RubxQub

RubxQub said:

It's not the stat that counts, its the points (at least according to this discussion). Capping flags in domination only nets 150xp, that's equivalent to 3 kills (not including payback, headshot, longshot, or other bonuses).

If you're 1.21 k/d and 19% accuracy, you prob need to be more aggressive and net more kills per round, or change up your high level kill-streaks (if you're achieving them). Just using my own basis for comparison, I'm 1.97 K/D and 24.9% accuracy, and I usually play aggressively.

DeuceMojo said:
This is an obscure-yet-hilarious response to a post. Ever notice how there's celebs that practice religion and have other conservative views but you really barely notice it, and then there's the super in-your-face douchebags?

Fixed.

cameltoe

F#A#Oo said:

whats fucked up though, with MW2 you get more XP points in S&D but TDM yields higher "score" for the leaderboards....wasnt like this with COD 4

10 Kills in S&D gets you 500 points but at the end of the game it gives you 5000 XP
10 Kills in TDM gets you 1000 points, at the end of the game its still 1000 XP

RubxQub

MrCompletely said:
It's not the stat that counts, its the points (at least according to this discussion). Capping flags in domination only nets 150xp, that's equivalent to 3 kills (not including payback, headshot, longshot, or other bonuses).

If you're 1.21 k/d and 19% accuracy, you prob need to be more aggressive and net more kills per round, or change up your high level kill-streaks (if you're achieving them). Just using my own basis for comparison, I'm 1.97 K/D and 24.9% accuracy, and I usually play aggressively.
Your stats are awesome, though. There are games where I go 5:1, 4:1, 3:1...but it's the Ground War domination games that just ruin my K/D ratio.

Your probably a better player than I am, though :lol

LosDaddie

Banned
Mogg0 said:
Shit, this thread died in the arse. It's a comparative ghost town to 2 weeks ago.

Probably because the game is shit.

:lol :lol Why yes, this thread is obviously a ghost town. Why? Because MW2 is shit.

Nice troll there, Junior.

RubxQub said:
Your stats are awesome, though. There are games where I go 5:1, 4:1, 3:1...but it's the Ground War domination games that just ruin my K/D ratio.

Your probably a better player than I am, though :lol

I doubt it i think a 19% accuracy says a lot; to me, it sounds like you can take the shot no problem, but maybe you're not judging the best times to take that shot; do you use a silencer? I've just been able to get in the zone alot recently. I actually peaked at a 2.11 K/D r, but it's been dropping like a rock lately.

Still don't get those super high accuracies. Mines 15% and I know I'm decent. Lots of LMG and ghost shots where people are going to appear, or through walls I guess.

Maybe you guys are just using rocket launchers nonstop :lol Easier to hit.

Top Bottom