• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Alright, I think I'm done with this shitpile that Infinity Ward calls a game. There's just too much bullshit going on in games for me to have fun anymore:

-Private match glitch which STILL has not been patched on the 360
-1887s (and other shotguns) ridiculous range and power
-Objective games that promote camping to no end
-Claymores that feel like they just don't work as they should
-Steaming pool of shit maps (the only exception IMO being Terminal)
-Knifing that doesn't seem to work correctly a fair amount of the time
-Kill streaks rewards that are ridiculous and make the game a race to see who can get a chopper gunner/ac130/nuke by camping first
-Possibly the worst spawns that I have ever seen in any online multiplayer game ever
-Terrible matchmaking that always seems to put me on a team with complete noobs who go like 8-28 every game while being matched up against a clan of people all in third prestige
-Noob tubes and explosive weapons + Danger Close

And I'm sure there are a ton more. Seriously, this shit is not fun anymore.

LosDaddie

Banned
MrCompletely said:
I aim to level all the AR's to complete the kill based challenges, which consists of multiple 10k xp break points. Alot of the headshot and attachement challenges come naturally along the way, but I only specifically set the kill challenges as goals. If I get close to completing a headshot challenge, like within 50 kills, I'll set out to complete it, but otherwise I'll ignore.

my go-to weapon is the FAMAS w/silencer + holo site. I never see others using this gun. It's insanely accurate. I also love the silenced ACR (w/o stopping power), but that obv doesn't come till late in the progression.

My primary kit:

FAMAS silenced + holo
various secondary (i dont like rockets because they're easily visible)
Nade
Flash
Bling Pro
Stopping Pro
Ninja Pro

I feel vulnerable whenever I'm not using a silencer, like I'm naked. So, when I get the ACR, I use the following:

ACR Silenced
Various secondary (im always switching that up, but i dont partake in shotgun shenanigans)
Scavenger Pro (sometimes I switch it up w/Marathon)
Cold Blooded
ninja Pro

I call this my invisibility class.

I definitely play into the kill streaks as much as I can, esp. in a ground war domination match. First few minutes are slow and methodical. Other team will always be rushing to the B flag, so carefuly position yourself somewhere to pick them off, flags aren't important in the beginning. I never go for the flag near the initial spawn when the match starts like the rest of the team for the 150xp, that's valuable time that you need to move up the map to spot B.

Thanks! I'm going to start using more weapons now.

funcojoe said:
Accuracy really means nothing, I'd rather blind fire down a hallway in hopes of a lucky kill then to actually sit there and try and see if I can spot someone. Also when you see a guy poke his head out from a corner, forget waiting for him to do it again I'll just start shooting right before I think he's gonna pop out and when he does he pops out into a domeshot.

I play to win, accuracy means nothing in regards to skill.
I hope you are joking

backflip10019 said:
Its called "defense", not "camping". If my team takes a control point I am going to defend the fucker. Otherwise its whack-a-mole with everybody running to re-cap, re-cap, re-cap endlessly.

You go near my control point you gunna die. By any, and all, means.

j-wood

backflip10019 said:
Alright, I think I'm done with this shitpile that Infinity Ward calls a game. There's just too much bullshit going on in games for me to have fun anymore:

-Kill streaks rewards that are ridiculous and make the game a race to see who can get a chopper gunner/ac130/nuke by camping first
-Possibly the worst spawns that I have ever seen in any online multiplayer game ever
-Terrible matchmaking that always seems to put me on a team with complete noobs who go like 8-28 every game while being matched up against a clan of people all in third prestige

Most of that was fixed for me in the last PS3 patch.

NullPointer said:
Its called "defense", not "camping". If my team takes a control point I am going to defend the fucker. Otherwise its whack-a-mole with everybody running to re-cap, re-cap, re-cap endlessly.

There are definitely ways to play defense without camping out prone in a random spot on a map and thermal sniping anyone who passes by.

j-wood said:
Most of that was fixed for me in the last PS3 patch.
Not on 360, though.

bj00rn_ said:
I always turn off the in-game music when I play games (It's distracting to my immersion, especially in a war game like this). But this game leave me sort off startled as I can't find the option to turn off the music :O Where the hell is the option?
Play on Hardcore if you don't want music.

backflip10019 said:
There are definitely ways to play defense without camping out prone in a random spot on a map and thermal sniping anyone who passes by.
If I'm camping a spot, prone, taking out any enemies that move along that avenue approach that is still "defense". Its silly to think that objective games are purely about offensive actions. Those buildings and cover areas that overlook entire streets and bridges and the like are meant to be defended.

I hate campers as much as the next guy - but only in non-objective based games. If there is an objective that can be guarded you will always have camping/defense.

Digital Limit said:
The accuracy statistic is meaningless. Depending on your weapon and playstyle, you can achieve vastly different numbers completely independent of skill.

Definitely agree with this. If you primarily play as a sniper, or shotty runner, or knifer, your accuracy tends to go up. Alot of play with SMGs, it goes down. If you have a, say 18% accuracy almost exclusively with SMGs, I'd say thats pretty good, especially if you use it for long range as well, which can be done. If you have 18%, primarily as a sniper, I'd say thats pretty bad, you should be hitting more than 1 in 6 shots with a sniper. Of course, since almost everyone plays with all guns depending on the situation, accuracy is a fairly meaningless statistic, in my opinion.

NullPointer said:
If I'm camping a spot, prone, taking out any enemies that move along that avenue approach that is still "defense". Its silly to think that objective games are purely about offensive actions. Those buildings and cover areas that overlook entire streets and bridges and the like are meant to be defended.

I hate campers as much as the next guy - but only in non-objective based games. If there is an objective that can be guarded you will always have camping/defense.
Alright, I can understand how that might be defense. But I'm talking about camping in a non-defensive action, aka camping for killstreaks to end the game with a nuke. That shit bothers me to no end. I guess it would be better if they turned off certain killstreak rewards in objective games.

backflip10019 said:

Took the words right out of my mouth especially the last one. I truly believe that perks ruin multiplayer, they are utter garbage and really unbalance the game.

Victrix

*beard*
backflip10019 said:
Alright, I can understand how that might be defense. But I'm talking about camping in a non-defensive action, aka camping for killstreaks to end the game with a nuke. That shit bothers me to no end. I guess it would be better if they turned off certain killstreak rewards in objective games.

You have a Stinger, use it

Digital Limit said:
The accuracy statistic is meaningless. Depending on your weapon and playstyle, you can achieve vastly different numbers completely independent of skill.
I was more talking about the blind firing down a hallway that is not the road to a win.

backflip10019 said:
Yeah, on that we completely agree. Objective games have always had a certain segment of players that just ignore the objectives to focus on kills instead. Having killstreak rewards in objective games just makes things even worse.

If anything, they should be objective-streaks, but I don't know if anybody would be down for that kind of punishment. Hey, we're getting dominated! And now they have a harrier!

mr_boo

DeuceMojo said:
So tell me, what does Hardline Pro do for you?
Ideally, I shouldn't get much out of the Hardline Pro property (Death Streak -1) :p But regarding Hardline's Kill Streak -1 property, I get a lot out of it since I typically run UAV in the majority of the maps. The only map I don't run UAV on is Wasteland, where I tend to go for the Predator-Harrier-Pavelow chain. Thus, I often get the Pathfinder reward (Most UAVs Called In) in most matches. But besides UAVs, Air Drops are far easier to obtain as are Predator-Harrier chains.

In general, I don't like feeling forced to use Stopping Power just cause everyone's using it...I probably compound the problem by playing too aggressively. In any event, I'm thankful the FAL exists - at least it gives me a standing chance.

I just got into a Super Speed game on Afghan. I thought it was actually kinda fun, and it makes me think how awesome it would be if MW2 had Custom Games similar to that of Halo 3's.

Make it where you can change your speed, rate of fire, amount of health, how high you can jump, infinite ammo, etc. I think that would make Customs in MW2 actually fun.

CrazedArabMan said:
Took the words right out of my mouth especially the last one. I truly believe that perks ruin multiplayer, they are utter garbage and really unbalance the game.
Perks are fun 'cause they might help correct an imbalance. They make you think. I would've been interested to see a whole mess of new perks with only a few more killstreaks. I think the killstreaks are what throw off the balance, even if they're fun.

backflip10019 said:

Seriously, this shit is not fun anymore.

That's me lol. Nonstop noob tubing.

SSPX0045.jpg

backflip10019 said:

-Private match glitch which STILL has not been patched on the 360 Fixed in upcoming patch
-1887s (and other shotguns) ridiculous range and power Fixed in upcoming patch
-Objective games that promote camping to no end Use stingers to take out AA
-Claymores that feel like they just don't work as they should Somewhat agreed, but Claymores are cheap anyway
-Steaming pool of shit maps (the only exception IMO being Terminal) personal preference, I like most
-Knifing that doesn't seem to work correctly a fair amount of the time No idea what the hell you're talking about
-Kill streaks rewards that are ridiculous and make the game a race to see who can get a chopper gunner/ac130/nuke by camping first see the note on using a stinger
-Possibly the worst spawns that I have ever seen in any online multiplayer game ever somewhat agreed
-Terrible matchmaking that always seems to put me on a team with complete noobs who go like 8-28 every game while being matched up against a clan of people all in third prestige quit bitchin
-Noob tubes and explosive weapons + Danger Close Whhhaaaaaaaaa

I don't know, most of that seems to be a you problem. Have fun though.

Sophia

backflip10019 said:

More then once I've knifed someone, and without a doubt sure I knifed them first, yet I'll be the one that gets knifed, and when I respawn, the knife animation is mid knife.

Or alternatively, the knife misses. At point blank range. With Commando. While thrusting. :lol

backflip10019 said:

You must really suck at this game. That what it sounds like..

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
It never occurred to me to put on an [nGAF] clan tag. Perhaps just GAF?

I think I just may do that.

Assembly Required said:

Hes pretty good. Gets angry easy, kinda like me.

RubxQub said:
It never occurred to me to put on an [nGAF] clan tag. Perhaps just GAF?

I think I just may do that.

Yea I've rocked GAF since the beginning then changed it to nGAF since I saw some clan DGAF (Dont Give a Yea....), I always thought in CoD games when you used the same clan tag it matched you up with the same clan tag more often but I guess not. Anyways haven't seen anyone from GAF in my random matchups. If people send invites though I'll play.

Flunkie

Banned
I'd like to be crazy about knifing, but I cannot play Call of Duty or any FPS now without having crouch on R3. Battlefield Bad Company got me into it, and it's just natural to me now. Anyone else like this?

J2d

Sometimes I feel like I'm playing Killzone 2 when I manage to run behind a wall and still die. I got a pretty good connection and the game shows four green bars so i dunno wtf is up. Is there something wrong with the hit box in this game?

J2d said:
Sometimes I feel like I'm playing Killzone 2 when I manage to run behind a wall and still die. I got a pretty good connection and the game shows four green bars so i dunno wtf is up. Is there something wrong with the hit box in this game?

No that's lag, its inherent in every video game you play over the internet, unless something magical happens to the internet. Even if you have full green bars.

NullPointer said:

Badass warrior right here huh

:lol

J2d

xxjuicesxx said:
No that's lag, its inherent in every video game you play over the internet, unless something magical happens to the internet. Even if you have full green bars.
I just never felt this affected =/
TacticalFox88 said:
So out of all the people who've said "fuck this game" who has actually stopped playing it?
In my case it's a case of what else is there to play? I'm too bad at halo, gears is fucked, Killzone mp is shit etc.

KaYotiX

Banned
Who says claymores dont work? I swear on some maps they get me 4-5 kills, just have to place them where people dont see the red lines :D I feel naked with no claymores, its the only thing i trust to watch my flank becasue most teammates are useless.

FunkyMunkey said:
Badass warrior right here huh

:lol
Hells yeah. Its nice to be loved.

When I'm listening to podcasts and just shooting the shit I'll load up a private match to learn the layouts of the levels, looking for chokepoints, standard and flanking avenues of advance, shortcuts through windows, climbable platforms etc. etc. I size up sentry gun opportunities, and which buildings and defensive positions provide the best overwatch. Then when the match starts I help cap points, but if we can hold on to our points I'll switch to defense full time, since everybody else usually wants to go full on killing sprees.

If I nail you on your sneaky little trip to flank around our control point, its most likely that I saw you coming a mile away (windows are nice) and found a nice spot to take you out without you ever seeing it coming.

I thought that was the whole point. But for all intents and purposes it probably looks like I just spent the whole game nestled behind some crate.

Any advice for a new player? I play on PC if that makes any difference. Did you guys remap controls? Like hold CTRL for crouch (like in CS) or do you stick with default?

bdouble

Melhisedek said:
Any advice for a new player? I play on PC if that makes any difference. Did you guys remap controls? Like hold CTRL for crouch (like in CS) or do you stick with default?
It's PC. Do whatever you want with the controls :D. That is the whole point.
What I did for MW though is put as many things on my mouse as I could. Most important being knife.

yoopoo

Banned
Is there a C4 kill cam? I've been killing a lot of folks by throwing C4 on Demolition capture points and blowing it up when they come to capture it.

Love to see that kill cam.

RubxQub

yoopoo said:
Is there a C4 kill cam? I've been killing a lot of folks by throwing C4 on Demolition capture points and blowing it up when they come to capture it.

Love to see that kill cam.
I watched a claymore killcam that I ran right into and it made me feel like a total idiot.

It was Rundown and I was coming from that bird's nest bombsite and jumping into the 2 story room bombsite window from the side, but some guy planted c4 just inside the window.

Basically the killcam is from the POV of the claymore just sitting there. You see me look into the room, do a running jump towards the room and blow up.

...it basically made me look like a total fucking idiot staring at a claymore and willingly jumping into it :lol

Draft

You dudes complaining about camping are fucking pathetic.

The game gives you a 5 second close up of your killers loc every time you die.

Every spot on every map has about 18 different entrances and exits.

You spawn with two stun grenades every time.

There is no way to hide, there is no safe spot, and everyone is given the tools to root people out of these spots that aren't well hidden and aren't that safe.

X26

Banned
Eh, killcam really doesn't counter camping all that much. People who camp know people they kill will be coming right for them, which is why they camp in places with only one or two ways to get to them, really campers WANT you to come back for revenge since they have a good chance of killing you again

RubxQub

Draft said:
You dudes complaining about camping are fucking pathetic.

The game gives you a 5 second close up of your killers loc every time you die.

Every spot on every map has about 18 different entrances and exits.

You spawn with two stun grenades every time.

There is no way to hide, there is no safe spot, and everyone is given the tools to root people out of these spots that aren't well hidden and aren't that safe.
Good campers slightly shift locations after every kill that would both protect them from these grenades as well as kill whomever is coming to get them again. (protecting a domination point has taught me how to be an amazing camper).

Good camping is an entirely different artform in this game.

KaYotiX said:
Who says claymores dont work? I swear on some maps they get me 4-5 kills, just have to place them where people dont see the red lines :D I feel naked with no claymores, its the only thing i trust to watch my flank becasue most teammates are useless.

Enemies can see the red lines? For some reason I don't think I've seen them on enemy claymores.

But yeah, claymores are definitely an easy way to rack up some extra kills, especially when you know the maps well.

Assembly Required said:
Not really. I have a 1.45 K/D and always play the objective.

I'm just able to see all the bullshit because of how much time I've sunk into console shooters.

KaYotiX

Banned
Digital Limit said:
Enemies can see the red lines? For some reason I don't think I've seen them on enemy claymores.

But yeah, claymores are definitely an easy way to rack up some extra kills, especially when you know the maps well.

Yeah you can see em, most ppl plant them too close to doorways so you can see the lines before you enter.

Top Bottom