• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Draft

Pathetic whiners.

The killcam shows you exactly where the shooter is, and exactly where he was looking when you got killed. The game couldn't possibly give you any more help in terms of getting revenge. The only advantage the camper has is that he's probably better at the game.

Draft said:
Pathetic whiners.

The killcam shows you exactly where the shooter is, and exactly where he was looking when you got killed. The game couldn't possibly give you any more help in terms of getting revenge. The only advantage the camper has is that he's probably better at the game.

I don't see how locking on at one location and waiting for people to run by and then start spraying makes you a better player, but okay. It must be really fun to play that way.

Draft said:
Pathetic whiners.

And if they're not better players per se, they definitely have better map knowledge, and how it usually applies at different stages of the game. You've got your dudes that take the standard paths, the sneaky flankers who go off the beaten path, and then there are those who go room to room, usually to get all stabby. Since most paths are pretty obvious, its easy to get the drop on people and set up ad-hoc ambushes.

DarknessTear said:
I don't see how locking on at one location and waiting for people to run by and then start spraying makes you a better player, but okay. It must be really fun to play that way.
If all they're doing is crouching behind some doorway or the like they aren't really aiding their team much. Its not a very good offensive or defensive strategy. The ONLY thing its good for is avoiding getting killed, which is more helpful in deathmatch modes.

Draft said:
Pathetic whiners.

You have fun camping for nukes in objective games. I bet you play CoD like a real asshole.

Draft said:
You dudes complaining about camping are fucking pathetic.

The game gives you a 5 second close up of your killers loc every time you die.

Every spot on every map has about 18 different entrances and exits.

You spawn with two stun grenades every time.

There is no way to hide, there is no safe spot, and everyone is given the tools to root people out of these spots that aren't well hidden and aren't that safe.

Killcam don't mean shit if someone is sniping you and all the killcam shows is them aiming down their sights.

Snipers know a killcam is coming when they get a kill. That's why they still aim down the sights after the kill to not give away their position.

Depending on the map, they can be anywhere when that killcam plays.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Well, it was bound to happen: I finally killed myself with a Javelin.

ENEMY HELICOPTER! BAMBI!

*RSTEIN switches to AA class*

RSTEIN dies, respawns.

RSTEIN fires Javelin at helicopter. Walks away thinking the world is a safer place because of me.

What's this? The helicopter is still flying abo-

BAM

RSTEIN dies. Javeline suicide. Fuck.

No_Style

I don't see why people would use the Javelin as an anti-air weapon. Unless they wanted to tell awesome tales of Javelin suicides. :lol

Mully

Probably not the first, but accoring to FourZeroTwo's Twitter account the patch should be out tonight at 2AM for Xbox 360.

Alright, just got word the #MW2 Xbox 360 patch should start going live at 2 AM. You can now remove my face from your dartboards... for now.

NullPointer said:
Now snipers are campers? I think I've heard it all.

You totally missed the point dumbass.

I was arguing against Draft's reply that killcam gives the shooter's location away.

Nothing in my post was complaining about snipers being snipers.

Learn to read.

huacst21 said:
You totally missed the point dumbass.

I was arguing against Draft's reply that killcam gives the shooter's location away.

Nothing in my post was complaining about snipers being snipers.

Learn to read.
Be clearer then. You were responding to Draft's quote about campers.

Dumbass.

Jesus, is everybody around here just fucking grumpy or what?

NullPointer said:
Be clearer then. You were responding to Draft's quote about campers.

Dumbass.

Jesus, is everybody around here just fucking grumpy or what
?
Well, they're probably just sick and tired of those 87's and all the chopper gunners. Let them rage, it's just a release for them. Poor bastards keep getting camped.

Pyke Presco said:
Well, they're probably just sick and tired of those 87's and all the chopper gunners. Let them rage, it's just a release for them. Poor bastards keep getting camped.

Funny.

I love how the matchmaking is in MW2, matches myself with other prestiges against newbies with no adavnced perks and the sky is filled with chopper gunners in Wasteland.

Nice try with that reply Pyke.

huacst21 said:
I thought I was pretty clear in my reply.
You were clear in an out-of-context kindof way, sure. Draft wasn't extolling the virtues of hunting down snipers via the kill-cam, he was talking about campers. Ya know, the dudes that hide behind staircases and the like, just waiting for a kill.

This is text we're dealing with here - its not always obvious what someone's intent is. No need to belabor the point though.

I'm just happy the patch is finally coming out on the 360. Is the 1887 nerf just a range debuff? Its already live on PC and PS3 isn't it? Any positive reports?

xxjuicesxx said:
Bad like Badass or like not a good gun? Becasue lol FAMAS is like one of the best guns, its versatile as hell and powerful.
And its range and accuracy is obscene. I can't imagine swapping it out for another gun at this point. Got it blinged with red dot and a tube - and might switch to holo or acog. Not sure yet. Lovely, lovely, fucking weapon though.

SmokeMaxX

DeuceMojo said:
You're talking about for the first like 10 seconds, right? Increases Painkiller's effectiveness, right?

Painkiller only works for the first 10 seconds. It cuts the damage taken by 1/3 with no rounding. Thus, 20 damage becomes 6 NOT 7 even though it's 6.667.

SmokeMaxX

Draft said:
You dudes complaining about camping are fucking pathetic.

The game gives you a 5 second close up of your killers loc every time you die.

Every spot on every map has about 18 different entrances and exits.

You spawn with two stun grenades every time.

There is no way to hide, there is no safe spot, and everyone is given the tools to root people out of these spots that aren't well hidden and aren't that safe.
:lol

Really?

1) What good player STAYS IN THE SAME LOCATION after killing people? Seriously? That's just asking for a deathwish.

2) What good camper STAYS IN A LOCATION with 18 different entrances and exits? Do you know what a camper is? Campers stay in places with ~1-2 entrances that are easily guarded. Unless you know 18 different ways to get on the top story of Estate (just an example of a camping spot, I don't know the exact locations that people actually do camp)?

3) Two stun grenades sounds like a lot, but the point of camping is to be ready to shoot whenever you see an enemy and before they know you're there. Thus, against a good camper, people have to pre-emptively through stuns (because campers should never stay in the same spot). This A) makes them run out of stuns if they guess wrong and B) gives away their position if the camper is nearby.

4) "There is no way to hide, there is no safe spot, and everyone is given the tools to root people out of these spots that aren't well hidden and aren't that safe."
What camper stays in a spot that is both not well-hidden and unsafe? You must be playing against noobs. How do you find somebody hiding in tall grass with cold-blooded pro, ninja, and a silenced weapon? Keep in mind that they're NOT a noob and oh, I don't know, move after they kill someone.

Maximus.

Fuck, i was playin cod with a buddy on ps3, we won the match, i went 25-8, leveled up etc, then bam game freezes once the match is over. Reset system and went back online and nothing registered, so all that awesomeness from the match never was saved FUUUUUUUU. bullshit man i dont even know wat happened :/

huacst21 said:
Funny.

I love how the matchmaking is in MW2, matches myself with other prestiges against newbies with no adavnced perks and the sky is filled with chopper gunners in Wasteland.

On the positive side, since I reached above level 30 and the patch (1.7) came out on PS3, I find that I have been matched more in tune with my level then before. I still get matched with loads of prestiges though, but at this point it has become much less of an issue. I also find that I rarely become part of matches with excessive camping, even though it does occur and I still run into akimbo 1887 a lot, as the range is still SMG level and will still kill very easy.
(I know this only because I use them if I see them laying on the ground. No reason to pass up the opportunity)

Also, don't make excessive custom classes at lower levels. The standard classes are fine for sniping, running and noob tubing and will make kills easier to get, imo. And no, this game does not have a "non-cheap" mode to play it, so you might as well join the dark side.

I missed air support like crazy in hardcore mode that I gave a shot earlier. I need that AUV, dammit! :'(

I love forcing myself to have a launcher secondary. Makes me take down more air support then if I rocked a weapon with OMA. Sometimes I'll rely on others if I don't force myself to be "that guy".

Everyone be "that guy" you aren't just helping your team stay alive you are potentially stopping much larger killstreaks and much more dangerous air support, or a nuke.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
greenjerk said:
I roll with nGAF but have never met up with or played with another gaffer.
I just popped it on, so who knows...maybe I'll run into someone.

It just occurred to me that having cold-blooded + a silencer isn't all that useful on Scrapyard. I think I'll go with a Stopping Power Pro build for that map specifically.

huacst21 said:
Funny.

So instead, you are the one causing the other team to rage about the nonstop chopper gunners and constant death. Instead of being on the receiving end, you're the one giving it. Dont get me wrong, I'm not judging, because I do exactly the same thing, and its fucking great (for me). I was simply responding to Nullpointer's "Jeez, is everybody grumpy or what" statement, and trying to put a lighthearted spin on things. Wasnt trying to single you out for anything.
RubxQub said:
I just popped it on, so who knows...maybe I'll run into someone.

It just occurred to me that having cold-blooded + a silencer isn't all that useful on Scrapyard. I think I'll go with a Stopping Power Pro build for that map specifically.

In 8.5 days, I've only seen one other player with [nGAF] and I got booted from the lobby immediately. There just arent that many of us in the grand scheme of things.

Pyke Presco said:
In 8.5 days, I've only seen one other player with [nGAF] and I got booted from the lobby immediately. There just arent that many of us in the grand scheme of things.

I've been in games with you, several actually. I just know because your name sounds really familiar.

Its weird even though theres tons of players, I see a lot of recurring players.

Sielys

Geesh, the deagle is just plain unusable. The kickback makes it absolutely useless, guess I'm going back to the magnum. Can anyone actually successfully use this?

xxjuicesxx said:
I've been in games with you, several actually. I just know because your name sounds really familiar.

Its weird even though theres tons of players, I see a lot of recurring players.

Whats your gamertag? And I'm assuming you dont use the GAF/nGAF clan tag in game, otherwise I hope I would have noticed

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Fraull said:
Fuck, i was playin cod with a buddy on ps3, we won the match, i went 25-8, leveled up etc, then bam game freezes once the match is over. Reset system and went back online and nothing registered, so all that awesomeness from the match never was saved FUUUUUUUU. bullshit man i dont even know wat happened :/

the game crashed get used to it , its been going on since the start of gaming :lol

Pyke Presco said:
Whats your gamertag? And I'm assuming you dont use the GAF/nGAF clan tag in game, otherwise I hope I would have noticed

Yea its [nGAF]SometimesImEpic, I feel like we got matched up twice maybe three times. I don't see why I'd remember anyone unless they were good and or recurring.

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea its [nGAF]SometimesImEpic, I feel like we got matched up twice maybe three times. I don't see why I'd remember anyone unless they were good and or recurring.

Hmm, maybe. NuB Pyke on 360, usually play with my brother Presco, so its possible. The name does sound familiar. I play so much its hard to remember people.

Minamu

There's no such thing as a killcam in hardcore. Argument falls flat :)

I've been rocking nGAF since day one, more or less. Never seen anyone else with it either :( someone here had gotten comments from fellow players but I've never heard a word due to auto-mute. Didn't hear anything when I turned it off though :( Was sad. But I rarely meet Americans online anyway so I suppose that's why.

Merguson

Banned
TacticalFox88 said:
So out of all the people who've said "fuck this game" who has actually stopped playing it?

I haven't actually said it but I've stopped playing it. It's mostly due to the fact that I am burnt out on the call of duty franchise and the gameplay isn't fun or addicting anymore.

Maximus.

Kentpaul said:
the game crashed get used to it , its been going on since the start of gaming :lol

:lol i know im living with it, just sucked that it was such a good game and it didnt count.

I dont think i will prestige, im just going to level up all my guns, then just play with my buddies whenever so i can enjoy all my other games.

Nizz

Respawning can be so frustrating in this game. Guy shoots at me, takes me out. Cool, you got that. You were quicker on the draw, you were faster..

But then the game spawns me about five feet in front of the dude who just killed me! He/she gets another quick kill before I even had a chance to get my bearings.

This little issue right here more than anything had me grinding my teeth in rage. Best thing I've learned is if I'm having a bad night, just shut the game down. Not worth the stress...

Xevren

fps fanatic said:
Respawning can be so frustrating in this game. Guy shoots at me, takes me out. Cool, you got that. You were quicker on the draw, you were faster..

But then the game spawns me about five feet in front of the dude who just killed me! He/she gets another quick kill before I even had a chance to get my bearings.

This little issue right here more than anything had me grinding my teeth in rage. Best thing I've learned is if I'm having a bad night, just shut the game down. Not worth the stress...

Sounds like my night tonight. Turned the game on and it dropped me into a game of Sub Base and it immediately spawns me a few foot right in front of an enemy with my back turned, so I basically started the game and already died 2 seconds in. I kept getting spawns near enemies the entire game and just turned it off. Sub Base respawns seem so stupid in TDM, how about spawning on the side of the map that no one ever fights at so maybe we can have some variety?

Aladuf

Banned
fps fanatic said:
This happened to me real good last night, I got killed by some guy and then I respawned right outside of a door right next to where he'd just killed me and then he got me again. Watching the second killcam showed him preparing to kill me the first time, killing me, and then running right outside to kill me again. I was raging when that happened.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
No_Style said:
I don't see why people would use the Javelin as an anti-air weapon. Unless they wanted to tell awesome tales of Javelin suicides. :lol

Yeah... I like the location lock-on. Good for some entertaining kills. :D

Zabka

SmokeMaxX said:
:lol

Really?

1) What good player STAYS IN THE SAME LOCATION after killing people? Seriously? That's just asking for a deathwish.

2) What good camper STAYS IN A LOCATION with 18 different entrances and exits? Do you know what a camper is? Campers stay in places with ~1-2 entrances that are easily guarded. Unless you know 18 different ways to get on the top story of Estate (just an example of a camping spot, I don't know the exact locations that people actually do camp)?
Wait a minute. What's the definition of a camper if the person doesn't stay in the same spot?

I remember camping in Quakeworld was people who would hang around a power weapon spawn and massacre people carrying low level weapons.

fps fanatic said:

The thing that I have been noticing is people spawning 5-10 feet behind me. so they just gun me down where they spawn. I didn't start noticing the spawning problems until recently, but thats probably just me not paying attention.

Nizz

BlueScrote said:
The thing that I have been noticing is people spawning 5-10 feet behind me. so they just gun me down where they spawn. I didn't start noticing the spawning problems until recently, but thats probably just me not paying attention.
I have noticed this too. I'll be moving and looking around, walk past a part where I know up and down there was no one there. Then all of a sudden, hot lead to the back. :(

I think post-patch (PS3 here) the biggest issue I have with the game is the respawning. I don't know if the game tries to respawn you close to teammates, or respawns you close to enemies/someone who just took you out to get a chance to get even?

Draft

The point is this: whatever you feel about camping as a tactic (and it has always been a perfectly valid and effective tactic), you can't fault Call of Duty for encouraging camping, or slam the game as a camper's paradise. It's extremely hostile to campers. The game goes out of its way to expose the campers location, and it gives players plenty of tools for dealing with a guy holed up somewhere.

So not only is complaining about it lame, because it's effective and sort of exactly what a player should do in a game with powerful guns and not powerful amounts of HP, but it's SUPER LAME because they do everything outside of putting a flashing siren on the guy to help you not get camped twice.

Top Bottom