• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Man, going silent is the best decision I have made in this game. With this setup:

ACR w/ Silencer
Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

I went 26 and 1 with a 24 kill streak on Afghan today. If I had the nuke, I probaby would have been more careful, but I'm still way happy with the setup. I got my K/D up from 1.27 to 1.32 in just one day. I can't find myself using anything else.

whitehawk

Banned
-Yeti said:
Man, going silent is the best decision I have made in this game. With this setup:

ACR w/ Silencer
Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

I went 26 and 1 with a 24 kill streak on Afghan today. If I had the nuke, I probaby would have been more careful, but I'm still way happy with the setup. I got my K/D up from 1.27 to 1.32 in just one day. I can't find myself using anything else.
I think I'm gonna try this once I unlock Cold-blooded pro.

Narag

whitehawk said:
I think I'm gonna try this once I unlock Cold-blooded pro.

I usually run a similar perk setup, sometimes swapping out for commando pro for those life saving teleportation knife kills!

Smokey

I love Coldblooded Pro. For about 30 minutes today, I decided to play differently. I would lay prone in the most open of areas (since your name doesn't show) with a silent weapon and just :lol at how many people would just run by me before I picked them off (despite literally laying in the middle of the fucking street).

It was amazing.

Smokey said:
I love Coldblooded Pro. For about 30 minutes today, I decided to play differently. I would lay prone in the most open of areas (since your name doesn't show) with a silent weapon and just :lol at how many people would just run by me before I picked them off (despite literally laying in the middle of the fucking street).

It was amazing.
oh how i hate that..... (must be nice to do though)

thatbox

Banned
PetriP-TNT said:
Everyone without mics, please. Call of give me a goddamn mute all button or this playlist.
If you have the Xbox controller mini-keyboard, you can use that. It thinks you have a mic plugged in, so it tries to send the voices to it, but since all that's there is the keyboard you get blissful silence.

-Yeti said:

ACR w/ Silencer
Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

What paths did you take through the level, and what game mode? I assume you mostly patrolled the outside of the map? I ask because Afghan is one of my three worst maps (Karachi and Rundown being the others) and I'm still trying to learn how to operate in it.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
divisionbyzorro said:
What paths did you take through the level, and what game mode? I assume you mostly patrolled the outside of the map? I ask because Afghan is one of my three worst maps (Karachi and Rundown being the others) and I'm still trying to learn how to operate in it.

I had the same feeling towards the map up until a week ago when I had a big breakthrough. I always sucked. I now use my Noob Tube/OMA/Danger Close build on the map and always do well. One would think the build wouldn't work well on what is basically a sniper's map. But if you stick to the main cave, patrol up to flag C area, down to flag A area, and then venture out to the planes and noob tube the bunkers, you'll get tons of kills. Plus, the map sets up very well for OMA switches. Lots of rocks to go prone behind.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
rocksteady1983 said:
i wish they would do a hardcore free for all playlist. i'd play that a lot. also a playlist where there are no perks or killstreak awards, just straight up deathmatch, with one attachment.

They planned this in CoD4. Only thing to pan out of that nearly a year later was Hardcore HQ (which thankfully is in CoD6).

I wouldn't count on it, but it would be a nice diversion at times. I don't think it'd be too popular though.

Victrix

*beard*
divisionbyzorro said:
Sorry for harping on the nukes. I'm just curious:

Who here has earned the nuke emblem legitimately?

<--

And glad I'm done with it, so many streaks that are either more fun to use, or far, far more helpful to your team (Hardline UAV/Jammer/Pred or Sentry is the bestest)

Literally JUST hit 70, took a half hour break for dinner, came back and what do I see? Red rings of shitty death. Awesome timing.

Well that just ruined my night.

360 was a couple years old though, figured I was playing on borrowed time.

todahawk

divisionbyzorro said:
*sigh* I keep chasing that nuke emblem, and I'm no closer than when I started - I still only have one.

People who bitch about the nukes need to just chill. First of all, getting a 7-streak unassisted is not as easy as people on these boards make it out to be. Second, half the time your Harriers do jack-shit or get shot down immediately. And third, even if you get to the CG, it's not an automatic win-button - if you don't get shot down, most people are smart enough to hide indoors!

I hate boosters, but I understand why they do it. I, personally, refuse. I just know that if I keep chasing it long enough, it'll happen. Someday.

snip.

getting so close to my first nuke.

Again with a good streak on scrapyard. Got my chopper gun when we were winning 177-x. I was still going when we won, finished 33-4. Gotta git on my streaks a little faster... so close!

somnific

divisionbyzorro said:

i have as well. since earning it weeks ago, i haven't bothered using the nuke again-- i find it boring to go after and takes away from the spirit of the game, especially in objective games.

funny thing is, i almost never use that emblem, there are others that look better and are more "prestigious", imo. for instance, the animated EMP and rotating CoD star look way cooler. as of now, i roll with the emblem that is earned once you kill 1000 people with the ac130.

i find that i go out of my way to kill nuke boosters. i will stop at nothing to prevent them from dropping the nuke, even willing to take a hit to my KD ratio. nothing pleases me more than seeing the boosters leaving a game.

divisionbyzorro said:

I have. I absolutely despise any cheaters/hackers/boosters/glitchers. I'm at 60+ nukes, and i don't always equip nukes in my killstreak loadout, so I'd probably have more if i did.

NameGenerated said:
Do the glowing green prestige challenges reset if you prestige again or do they stay forever?
The prestige challenges stay there when you prestige.

somnific

NameGenerated said:
Do the glowing green prestige challenges reset if you prestige again or do they stay forever?

all challenges reset, except for the prestige weapon challenges (2500 kills and 2500 headshots) and the prestige killstreak challenges (1000 chopper gunner kills).

mastershred

Neo Member
Just encountered some boosters in a game of Domination (not Ground War) on Invasion. I found where they were and started killing the guy with the Tactical Insertion before the booster on my team could.

Then his booster friend respawned and noob tubed us both. Needless to say the dude was FURIOUS and started cussing at me. I called him and his buddy out in the lobby after the game and they left.

Failing to boost is just a gigantic mega-fail.

Victrix said:
And glad I'm done with it, so many streaks that are either more fun to use, or far, far more helpful to your team (Hardline UAV/Jammer/Pred or Sentry is the bestest)

I knew you had...there are plenty of nuke clips in your stream. :p (Those archives get me through those awful slow days at work, btw - great stuff)

I just got it into my head that after hitting 70 I was going to get all of the killstreak emblems, and I figured that I'd go for the nuke since that figured to be the hardest (although I suppose EMP is just as difficult). But I'm having the hardest time consistently getting enough 7-streaks, and when I do, the enemy always ends up shooting down my harriers.

I suppose its my fault for mostly playing Ground War though. Too much chaos. I really should just settle down, play Domination, play it straight, and it'll happen eventually.

somnific

divisionbyzorro said:
I knew you had...there are plenty of nuke clips in your stream. :p (Those archives get me through those awful slow days at work, btw - great stuff)

I just got it into my head that after hitting 70 I was going to get all of the killstreak emblems, and I figured that I'd go for the nuke since that figured to be the hardest (although I suppose EMP is just as difficult). But I'm having the hardest time consistently getting enough 7-streaks, and when I do, the enemy always ends up shooting down my harriers.

I suppose its my fault for mostly playing Ground War though. Too much chaos. I really should just settle down, play Domination, play it straight, and it'll happen eventually.

i can understand your frustration. i admittedly went for my nukes in the first weeks that MW2 came out, and air support definitely lived a lot longer back then. still, there are some games you can get into (even in the ground war playlist) where harriers and chopper gunners aren't shot down right away-- you're just going to have to be patient, and slow your roll once your killstreak starts getting high to avoid getting killed.

and emp is much easier! :D

good luck!

aku:jiki

divisionbyzorro said:
So how many nukes and EMP's is it for both emblems? I figure 10?

Actually, that's pretty good advice. Play hard to get to 3/4, then slow to get to 7...

And yes, it's 10 for the emblems. If I ever do get it, I'll never play with nukes again - just not fun! I much prefer UAV->Package->Predator, or Predator->Harrier->EAD if I'm adventurous.

whitehawk

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
Actually, that's pretty good advice. Play hard to get to 3/4, then slow to get to 7...

And yes, it's 10 for the emblems. If I ever do get it, I'll never play with nukes again - just not fun! I much prefer UAV->Package->Predator, or Predator->Harrier->EAD if I'm adventurous.
I usually go Care Package > Predator > Harrier.

Sometimes I switch it up and go Predator > Harrier > Emergency Drop/Pave Low

codecow

DarknessTear said:
ACR does not suck. It's the most accurate automatic assault rifle. FAMAS being the most accurate burst fire assault rifle.

Yep, I have found that actually I can score well with all of the ARs. I find that I like the ACR mostly due to accuracy and the good iron sights. I run all of my builds with SPP so I hopefully get the better end of shootouts, especially if I get in a drop. I am now at 19/40 FMJ penetration kills just from a few hours playing every other game or so with my ACR build, looking forward to the mastery award.

-viper-

Banned
codecow said:
Yep, I have found that actually I can score well with all of the ARs. I find that I like the ACR mostly due to accuracy and the good iron sights. I run all of my builds with SPP so I hopefully get the better end of shootouts, especially if I get in a drop. I am now at 19/40 FMJ penetration kills just from a few hours playing every other game or so with my ACR build, looking forward to the mastery award.
what is the mastery award?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
8-bit_price.jpg

Got the little bugger. Thankfully it only took two games to get it, and I died shortly after my 10th kill :lol
-viper- said:
what is the mastery award?
When you get all the attachments for your gun you get mastery which nets you 10K and a gold colored title with that gun's name on it.

250 headshots gets you a title with that gun's name and a headshot icon.
2500 kills gets you a prestige title with that gun's name on it.
1000 headshots gets you a golden prestige title with that gun's name on it.

Xevren

I love the emblem for the Cruelty challenge, it's a UFO beaming up a cow. Was really random getting that, you have to kill someone with their own gun. :lol

rodvik

Fugu said:
...I wrote far more than I had intended to. In conclusion, assault rifles aren't more balanced, there's just a lot of very similar guns in the category; SMGs have been mostly thrown into the niche category due to the increased power of sidearms and the decreased usefulness of a high-damage, high-rof, high-recoil gun.

Thoughtful post. Do you play hardcore by chance? I think you might enjoy it. The guns personalities are allowed to shine more as really damage is no longer an issue. In HC at least the UMP on certain maps is just wonderful, the shorter barrel length helps in certain as you peek or hang around a corner. In HC at least any gun can shine, but oh boy the ACR is a versatile AR. I still love the FAL, crappy iron sights aside its a blast playing with it.

NYR

Stealing your enemies care package and getting a chopper gunner feel soooo good. lol

It was awesome. It felt like I found $20 on the ground. Just doing laps in scrapyard and blamo there it was. Turns out there was a gun fight and both guys died. I was a second behind and managed to grab it.

sturmdogg

gibonez said:
It's funny how fast mw2 got boring. COD4 I played for we'll over 2 years. Mw2 got boring after 2 weeks, the bugs, glitches, exploits, and overall bad gameplay of the multiplayer ruined it.

I've been playing the game on the PS3 and I'm still having fun. Thankfully the only bad thing I encountered so far is the 1887 akimbo BS but it's all good. It sucks that people have to hack / glitch the game, they ruin it for the rest of us.

gibonez said:
So much potential but awful spawning, and poorly designed maps made this game a much inferior product to cod 4.

Which maps don't you like? I used to hate wasteland and estate, but after getting slaughtered a few times I changed my loadout, changed my play style and now I'm actually having fun with them.

So i didn't have time during finals to play this game. Thus it has been 3 weeks since I played online. Holy sheeeiiit do I suck again. It feels like I am molasses slow. Hoping to god I get my skill back soon.

Net_Wrecker said:
People really underestimate the M16 now. Everyone is on the SCAR, and ACR's sack, but the M16 with Stopping Power still downs people in one burst. Good stuff.

And will get you wrecked when you walk around the corner and two people are standing there.

Yeef

BigNastyCurve said:
And will get you wrecked when you walk around the corner and two people are standing there.
That's not really a big issue since there's Machine Pistols and Shotguns as secondaries this time around.

Nelo Ice

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:

yep once i got my emblem my nuke hunting came to an end :lol

divisionbyzorro said:

Honestly, I camp. :p

But not all in the same place. I get a couple of kills in one place, then I hurry to a nearby location and pick off the enemies that go back and attempt to take revenge. It's pretty funny when the same people keep coming from the same direction trying to kill me. :D

On Afghan, I got really lucky because the other team was pretty bad. I was holding off the very top of the map where people usually snipe and people kept coming from the Cave and the area next to the cave. After that, I got my Predator which gave me 1 kill, then Harrier with 4 or 5 kills, then my Pavelow which gave me about 3 kills. I then jumped from the top to the bottom and picked off enemies that were making their way into the main entrance to the Cave the rest of the time until I finally died by grenade.

To answer your question though, I don't ever really have a set plan on Afghan. I just sorta wing it.

snack

I'm curious if anyone here has managed to get a Nuke from an airdrop since they first played. Now, that would be the best feeling ever.

gibonez

Banned
snack said:
I'm curious if anyone here has managed to get a Nuke from an airdrop since they first played. Now, that would be the best feeling ever.

No that would just be cheap, as if getting chopper gunners and ac130s from care packages wasn't cheap enough. Wish they would remove that from the game, replace with other kill-streaks like mortar bombardment or Excalibur artillery barrage. Instead of catering to the casuals make people earn the streaks.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
Some fucking 8 year old was pissed at me for taking the ac130 in my emergency airdrop.
"C'mon man why did you take the ac130? The retrieval bar was almost full!"
"Uhhh cuz it was my carepackage you little shit?"

Anyway, once i activated the ac130, i couldn't shoot with it, wtf? All i could do was change the thermal which was obviously useless.

Mileena

Banned
mastershred said:
Just encountered some boosters in a game of Domination (not Ground War) on Invasion. I found where they were and started killing the guy with the Tactical Insertion before the booster on my team could.

Then his booster friend respawned and noob tubed us both. Needless to say the dude was FURIOUS and started cussing at me. I called him and his buddy out in the lobby after the game and they left.

Failing to boost is just a gigantic mega-fail.
Me and my friends encountered this in a game of HC HQ on Estate and we cornered the guy on our team in the house all the way in the back and he couldn't get out. His booster friend on the other team kept trying to kill us but failed over and over so they just left when he was at a 15 killstreak. The irony of it was his name was like xCaNaDiAnPrOx but he couldn't even get a nuke without boosting. He then sent me a message saying "wow fucking nerds ur just mad because im rich and only play this game for fun"

Damn I love idiots on XBL.

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
Some fucking 8 year old was pissed at me for taking the ac130 in my emergency airdrop.

Anyway, once i activated the ac130, i couldn't shoot with it, wtf? All i could do was change the thermal which was obviously useless.

Today I killed two enemies who were surrounding their care package. I nearly die in the process so I take cover about two steps from the package. While regaining health I turn around and notice some little shit on my team (who was with me the whole time and stayed back) is taking the care package for himself. Boy that pissed me off. I put myself on the line and did the hard work and he just takes it for himself.

whitehawk

Banned
OMGLOL A LLAMA said:

Some of the young kids playing this game are really annoying. What I also hate is when you drop a care package marker and someone tries to camp there and steal it :lol As if you're going to pull that off. Still annoying since he could be out there fighting instead.

whitehawk

Banned
Also, why is the killstreak 'chooser' so bad? How about instead of only letting me use the most recent one, let me bring up a little menu and use whatever one I want. What if I have a Harrier, and a UAV. I can't use the UAV first and then the harrier? What the fuck kind of game design is this?

Top Bottom