• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Xux said:
The F2000 also has an awesome MARS sight. The L86 uses a SUSAT scope instead of ACOG which is pretty cool. The AK uses a different grenade launcher that you switch to faster for some reason.
GTK, good to know.
Net_Wrecker said:
I never thought I'd say this, but I want the old Martyrdom back. Was it annoying? Hell yeah, but in the big picture, it made CoD4 a better multiplayer experience than MW2 has been.
I used to think this too 'cause I was a HUGE martyrdom user. Huge. I was also a huge 3-frags user.
When it comes down to it though, half the reason this is a BETTER game is the fact that they dropped both 3 Frags and Martyrdom.
It just forces you to play better. Cut out the grenade spam, the douchebag tactics... at the very least you need to pick up a noobtube to become a douchebag again. I dropped the tube and became a runner, then I found that even without running I could handle an akimbo loadout and get some pretty excellent scores. Just needed to evolve with the game.
I'll leave you with the words of presidential candidate Pat Paulsen:
"I've upped my standards. Now up yours." :D

OK, since there's no replay, unless you happen to be recording on your PC, I have got to tell this story:

I'm on derail, running past the locomotive, towards the outlying warehouse with the sniper ledge and I can barely see the sniper there lying prone, shooting my comrades.
So I run up close to the building; he notices me and starts shooting downward; I run up flush to the wall next to him; now he can't see me.
Dude stands up, leaps high into the air and I start firing with ye olde akimbo Rafficas and he falls, dead before he even reaches the top of his arc. And then the big Ghillie ragdoll flops onto the snow.
I've had maybe a dozen kills while my opponent is airborne, and I'll tell you... it never gets old. :D

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
DeuceMojo said:
OK, since there's no replay, unless you happen to be recording on your PC, I have got to tell this story:

I'm on derail, running past the locomotive, towards the outlying warehouse with the sniper ledge and I can barely see the sniper there lying prone, shooting my comrades.
So I run up close to the building; he notices me and starts shooting downward; I run up flush to the wall next to him; now he can't see me.
Dude stands up, leaps high into the air and I start firing with ye olde akimbo Rafficas and he falls, dead before he even reaches the top of his arc. And then the big Ghillie ragdoll flops onto the snow.
I've had maybe a dozen kills while my opponent is airborne, and I'll tell you... it never gets old. :D

shut up we don't care about your stupid stories

DMeisterJ

Banned
I killed someone mid-air on Favela but he had last stand on, so he died, and in one frame flipped into the last stand animation for about 2 seconds mid-air. It was hilarious!

DMeisterJ said:
I killed someone mid-air on Favela but he had last stand on, so he died, and in one frame flipped into the last stand animation for about 2 seconds mid-air. It was hilarious!

Happened to me when I killed a guy jumping off the roof to another but I shot him in mid air, he went into that animation and fell to the ground, only I didn't get the kill, so I ran to the edge and jumped down thinking it was a safe fall as he hadn't died, but I died after landing right next to him!

aku:jiki

So, how do perks work with the odd weapons or combinations anyway?

- Does Stopping Power do anything at all for the Riot Shield? Does any perk do anything for the RS? Doesn't really seem like it.

- Speaking of the RS, why does it suck? Why am I standing completely still with the guy dead in my sights, thinking the shield is covering me...but like a pixel sticks out so the guy just keeps unloading and eventually sprays on that one pixel. Or I can see in the killcam that doing tiny, minor adjustments in my position will cause the stupid character to stick his whole leg out and let it get shot or something. Is there a way to use the RS properly or is it just a broken POS?

- Does using Tactical Knife completely remove the lunge? I have confirmed that TK cancels out Commando for sure - you can never do the huge dashes with the TK. But for normal lunges, it feels random. Sometimes it lunges, sometimes I just stab the air and have to keep following the guy. Is there a different range for using lunges with the TK or what's the deal here?

winnarps said:
From my experience with the X41 gaming headphones (recommended to me a lot earlier on in this thread; using them for a month now), they help your game immensely. I rarely to run into people with Ninja Pro equipped. The majority run with Commando, Steady Aim, or Scrambler (lolbad). A lot of people dismiss player movement sounds as irrelevant/insignificant, but knowledge of where your enemies are, especially when people rarely pop UAVs, is extremely helpful. I highly recommend picking up gaming headphones if you're really into MW2.
But...that's not what I said at all? I even gave an example of when using sound in this game just doesn't work for some reason. If I felt the sounds worked properly 100% of the time, I'd invest in a headset, but something is making footsteps lag out or something and then it's just not worth it.

MarkMclovin said:
Happened to me when I killed a guy jumping off the roof to another but I shot him in mid air, he went into that animation and fell to the ground, only I didn't get the kill, so I ran to the edge and jumped down thinking it was a safe fall as he hadn't died, but I died after landing right next to him!
Was that last night? Someone put me down in Favela last night and I got 3 (!) kills while in Final Stand sitting in an alleyway, then got up and ran away.

Ever feel bad for the people you mowed down? :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
winnarps said:
After some research though, it looks like there are 'modded/glitched' private matches going on now that level you up through a whole prestige with one kill. People go into these, kill someone, quit out, prestige, and rejoin until they get to whatever prestige level they want.

PC version?

In any case, it's hilarious to see how many open "hacks" to 10th prestige there are. Just shows how fucking pointless and e-dick-waving they are for people with no time to spend 1-4 months leveling to 10.

At least MW2 tried to make the point of prestiging to get more stuff. But even that is bullshit. Once you level to 70, why Prestige? You lose all that shit you took weeks to grind for only to get a new perma-emblem? Whoopie! *rolls eyes*

And I'm assuming this is the PC version? Because I know there is a common exploit for that version so far that can do that. PS3 version (which I have) I haven't ran into that (then again, I haven't seen a lick of private matches). Dunno about 360, don't care.

aku:jiki said:
- Does Stopping Power do anything at all for the Riot Shield? Does any perk do anything for the RS? Doesn't really seem like it.

No. Lightweight lets you move a bit faster, but for the most part no.

- Speaking of the RS, why does it suck? Why am I standing completely still with the guy dead in my sights, thinking the shield is covering me...but like a pixel sticks out so the guy just keeps unloading and eventually sprays on that one pixel. Or I can see in the killcam that doing tiny, minor adjustments in my position will cause the stupid character to stick his whole leg out and let it get shot or something. Is there a way to use the RS properly or is it just a broken POS?

Lrn2RS.

Crouch. Bomb Squad equipment. Smash bitches that get too close. Back to walls so you don't get knifed. Camp corners so you don't get knifed from sides/sprayed.

Or, instead of bomb squad (but you make yourself more vulnerable to grenades/C4/semtex [but these can still kill if STUCK!]) Throwing knife equipment. Shield out, aim a small bit, throw knife. Kill dude. Pick up while safe behind shield.

RS is pretty goddamn deadly in Hardcore, because it takes one smash to the person to kill them, as opposed to Softcore's 2 (which makes the RS goddamn useless there).

Setting yourself up as a distraction for your team also makes the RS goddamn useful. Esp. in HC (but you run the risk of TK's from ricochets).

1. aku:jiki said:
    - Speaking of the RS, why does it suck? ... Is there a way to use the RS properly or is it just a broken POS?
    I say broken. When the only weapon you can use with it activated is grenade or throwing knife, it seems like garbage. When my entire team used shields once, we won two straight rounds of Demolition, only to suck from there on. Last night, my buddy used it and helped me get a few kills. I would go like 15-10 and he would go (seriously) 1-12. It sucks.
  2. aku:jiki said:
    - Does using Tactical Knife completely remove the lunge? I have confirmed that TK cancels out Commando for sure - you can never do the huge dashes with the TK. But for normal lunges, it feels random. Sometimes it lunges, sometimes I just stab the air and have to keep following the guy. Is there a different range for using lunges with the TK or what's the deal here?
    I have used TK only once, while I've used Commando a thousand times. Commando works. Don't know what the point to TK is really.

DeuceMojo said:
Was that last night? Someone put me down in Favela last night and I got 3 (!) kills while in Final Stand sitting in an alleyway, then got up and ran away.

Ever feel bad for the people you mowed down? :lol

There was no replay after I killed myself but I didn't get the points flash up so he must have got back up. It was last night yeah. Was by the steps of the barber shop place, near the tombstones.

Majority of the time I finish people off with a flash bang, in Hardcore. Saves going in with a chance of being killed. Which reminds me, I fucking hate last stand in Hardcore as they have a split second of invulnerability yet are able to shoot back at you.

TheSeks said:
In any case, it's hilarious to see how many open "hacks" to 10th prestige there are. Just shows how fucking pointless and e-dick-waving they are for people with no time to spend 1-4 months leveling to 10.
Say what you will about the silliness of prestiging once or twice or 10 times, but it's there for the people that want a challenge. I like it, I'll play through it.

BTW, I heard about the PC hack within a WEEK of the release. So far 360 has been prone only to private boosting matches, and those have been patched. Nobody "hacked" level 10 prestige in COD4 - hopefully it stays that way this time around.

winnarps

TheSeks said:
PC version?

At least MW2 tried to make the point of prestiging to get more stuff. But even that is bullshit. Once you level to 70, why Prestige? You lose all that shit you took weeks to grind for only to get a new perma-emblem? Whoopie! *rolls eyes*

And I'm assuming this is the PC version? Because I know there is a common exploit for that version so far that can do that. PS3 version (which I have) I haven't ran into that (then again, I haven't seen a lick of private matches). Dunno about 360, don't care.

Xbox 360. It's a fairly recent exploit. The leaderboards are full of 10th prestige guys that have play times of 10 seconds.

But...that's not what I said at all? I even gave an example of when using sound in this game just doesn't work for some reason. If I felt the sounds worked properly 100% of the time, I'd invest in a headset, but something is making footsteps lag out or something and then it's just not worth it.

Wasn't trying to argue against you. More of a PSA about headphones.

Ninja Pro guys can throw me off every once in a while, especially if they're knife runners. As for the footsteps glitching, I haven't experienced that before.

MarkMclovin said:
It was last night yeah. Was by the steps of the barber shop place, near the tombstones.
Dang. I was up by the ice cream place near the high street. Bwa-bwaaah. Thought there might've been a connection there. :D

DeuceMojo said:

1. I have used TK only once, while I've used Commando a thousand times. Commando works. Don't know what the point to TK is really.

Commando is useful if you want that long range knife and tac knife is good for close quarters. Its a little bit faster and you can knife additional times faster. Its very useful in situations like if you want to hold the middle building in derail.

winnarps said:
Xbox 360. It's a fairly recent exploit. The leaderboards are full of 10th prestige guys that have play times of 10 seconds.
Well, fuck. First off, who figures this shit out??? Secondly, I am goddamn disappointed they didn't guard against this with vigilance. And C, what is IW/Activision/Microsoft going to do about it??? If the gloves fit, they must take a shit. Bastards. Sons of whores. Take my advice:

Terminate. Terminate with extreme prejudice.

RSTEIN said:
With enough prep time, Batman can figure anything out.
2iivlo0.jpg

So can McGuyver.

P.S.: Simon, Happy Christmas and please don't sue me.

aku:jiki

TheSeks said:
Crouch. Bomb Squad equipment. Smash bitches that get too close. Back to walls so you don't get knifed. Camp corners so you don't get knifed from sides/sprayed
Uh, yeah, I'm not stupid or unskilled at the game. I mean that bullets hit me when I'm backed into a corner, crouched and pointing the shield directly and perfectly at the opponent. Then I see my killcam and my stupid character had left an elbow exposed or something that the opponent just luckily hit when he sprayed me. Broken POS!

Good point about the throwing knife, though, that might work.

DeuceMojo said:
I have used TK only once, while I've used Commando a thousand times. Commando works. Don't know what the point to TK is really.
What Lionheart said above. With the TK, I will pull huge and tedious flanks that will put me behind the enemy team and thanks to TK I can quickly knife the whole goddamn team in the back before they know what's up. With normal Commando on, I'd probably just manage to get 1-2 kills before they turn around and fire due to how slow it is compared to TK.

To tell a DeuceMojo-like story, I was TK'ing it up on Highrise today and scored 3 or 4 multikills on at least 5 guys each time, from flanking them via the corridors. Once I came up on the whole team squatting in fear over by the little elevator house and if one of them hadn't been crossing over to the crane and randomly seen me, I would've succeeded at knifing literally the entire team in 10 secs. :lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
KittyKittyBangBang said:
I have seen a lot of Akimbo Rangers as well lately. The funny thing is, I always see it on the ground as I run over them. So I conclude they are not too effective :lol
It's probably due to people using them when they're clearly not within range. People run around with them exclusively and that's just stupid. If you know when to switch between primary/secondary, you can be more effective... I use akimbo Rangers at close-range only and they're awesome.

To tell a DeuceMojo-like story, I was TK'ing it up on Highrise today and scored 3 or 4 multikills on at least 5 guys each time, from flanking them via the corridors. Once I came up on the whole team squatting in fear over by the little elevator house and if one of them hadn't been crossing over to the crane and randomly seen me, I would've succeeded at knifing literally the entire team in 10 secs. :lol
2rnkn48.jpg

vatstep said:
It's probably due to people using them when they're clearly not within range. People run around with them exclusively and that's just stupid. If you know when to switch between primary/secondary, you can be more effective... I use akimbo Rangers at close-range only and they're awesome.
I might have to substitute the Rangers for my Rafficas. Don't get me wrong, the Rafficas are deadly, but need to be accurate, and stacked up next to the akimbo P90s, the akimbo Rafficas are far less effective. I really miss the spread of the shotgun(s).

Minamu

I got a good laugh the other day, when some annoying dude was nuke boosting with a friend on the other team in Headquarters. Unfortunately for him, our team was winning & when his Chopper Gunner finally gave him 29-0 & ended, our team got our 200 points needed to win, so he never had the time to activate his nuke :lol I laughed so hard at his failure :D Needless to say, he left our lobby after that.

DukeSucks

another satisfied Turtle Beach user here, got mine for Christmas and love them.

also tried out demo for the first time today. Still figuring out the ropes, but it's a lot of fun

apotema said:
I want to play Rust in Ground War, it's like the best map, but I prefer big teams
Rust isn't bad. Reminds me of Shipment, one of the most hilarious maps evar. :lol

Can't believe we'd play all night hoping for a couple of headquarters games in Shipment. This game is better.

SmokeMaxX

Stupidest thing about the riot shield is that they supposedly nerfed it in their last update. As an avid riot shield user, I am pretty confident that it's true that they nerfed it. At least the riot shield used to block attacks. Now I'm huddled in a corner not even doing anything and a guy knifes me in the dead center of my shield. I didn't even try to melee him! And this has happened multiple times- getting killed straight through the center of my shield.

Ended up in quite a few games with people glitching their way into weird areas of the maps today. In Highrise, 2 guys managed to get on the roof of one of the buildings. Took forever to get those bastards down, by which point they had made enough kills to send us all to hell with killstreaks.

Also in highrise, had some twat on a weird ledge inside one of the buildings, with a tacticle insertion. Not too bad to take him out on this one, but he did a fair amount of damage to our team before people started noticing.

This was followed by some idiot standing on the pipes which lie way above the cave entrance in afghan.

I hope this shit doesn't become prevalent.

Pete Rock

nelkon and parker said:
I hope this shit doesn't become prevalent.
afaik none of the places you describe require glitching to reach

Got my highest multikill of 8 on skidrow today, rushed top mid and went prone with rpd+thermal, strafed out while scoped, spammed all the way to bottom stairs as they respawned into my sights! Instant Emergency AD :lol

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Nothing is better than killing people that are about to get a nuke. I just killed a guy that was literally one kill away ( I was hunting him the whole game and finally found him ) and then right when I killed him he rage quit. I sent him a message that said, " u mad. " He was camping in Domination in a spot nowhere near any of the capture points. :lol :lol

nelkon and parker said:
Glitching was the wrong word. Abuse of the map? I dunno. I'm pretty damn sure IW didn't intend people to be getting there.

As it turns out, they did. There is a makeshift ladder that lets you get up to a ledge, and then you run around the edge to another ramp. There's no way they didn't intend it.

Digital Limit said:
As it turns out, they did. There is a makeshift ladder that lets you get up to a ledge, and then you run around the edge to another ramp. There's no way they didn't intend it.

Really? I knew you could get up to some platform, but had no idea that you could get on the roof of the building. This was the first time I saw it, and the guys seemed to be able to freely step back out of view of everyone, and hence prevent getting shot at unless they poked their head out.

That's a bit shitty if thats the case.

nelkon and parker said:
Glitching was the wrong word. Abuse of the map? I dunno. I'm pretty damn sure IW didn't intend people to be getting there.
:lol Those are entirely intentional. Best spots on the map, well the roof top at least.

FromTheFuture said:
:lol Those are entirely intentional. Best spots on the map, well the roof top at least.

The roof may be, but the one inside, and the pipe on afghan aren't. Just youtube the videos for those. Not sure why thats so lol worthy.

nelkon and parker said:
The roof may be, but the one inside, and the pipe on afghan aren't. Just youtube the videos for those. Not sure why thats so lol worthy.
Oh, no, i was only talking about Highrise. My fault for not being clear.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Dax01 said:
I hate Estate so fucking much. That map is so bad. I'd rather play Wet Work 100 times over than play on Estate.
This x1000. It's the only map I truly despise, it has no redeeming qualities at all. Even Derail is ok sometimes, but not Estate. Only played TDM and Domination on it though.

NYR

They should have saved memory and shrink down Estate to just the house. Fucking terrible map. You know it's a bad map when everyone is in one spot.

I'd like to thank the PS3 community for making me the last player left who...
1. Uses UAV
2. Has a Stinger secondary on all but 2 classes.

UAV + Anti-UAV Stingers > All KS's and other secondary weps

Top Bottom