• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

GodofWine

MTDM is so much less 'full of douche bags' than the regular TDM...its like, take one person, add a few friends, and suddenly the grenade launching crew is assembled....

My k:d in MTDM is probably 1.2+ , in TDM im probably like .7

-viper-

Banned
Lince said:
so I decided after last night party that today I'd stay home and finally complete the sp campaign (Veteran mode)... well, it has some scarce good moments but all in all it's garbage... specially the Brazil levels and the idiotic storyline / storytelling that puts you in random places for no apparent reason, CoD4 was so much better than this if just for the Pripyat level... on a technical level I guess the game is ok but needs some polish, for a sub-HD game it doesn't run well on the PS3 at all, smoke effects make the Cell/RSX struggle like there's no tomorrow, I've seen better in true HD games without performance penalty.

On a positive note I liked the "museum" stuff you unlock after beating the game and the special-ops missions, they're pretty much the best part of the game and I'll keep playing them for a while. And I'm done with the multiplayer after 250+ hours, tried everything perks, weapons, killstreaks, nukes, play styles... until I got burnt out, addicting? yes, GOTY? no.

edit: Viper you still playing spec-ops?
I finished playing it but if need anyone for the missions then I'll help you out.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
is there a time limit on how long the harrier and stuff stays in the air if no one shoots it down? is there a faq or wiki which details each killstreak in detail?

Finally got to the stage where I can actually get a kill streak of 7 without it being a complete fluke. and I can call my 2 killstreaks without dying instantly!

but so far my harrier hasn't gotten me to 11 for the AC10 - it just flies off after awhile, maybe gets 2 or kills and then I've died before I could get it myself.

maybe everyone had cold blooded or something.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
My three main classes are listed below. Any suggested changes to either of them are welcome:

SCAR w/ Red Dot
M1 (trying to get Grip)
Semtex
Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded Pro
Steady Aim Pro

ACR w/ Holographic (loving ACR's static iron-sights)
SPAS-12 w/ Grip
Semtex
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

UMP w/ Silencer (SO GOOD)
TMP (trying to get Silencer)
Throwing Knife (replenishing your TK with Scavenger is heavenly)
Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

But what upsets me is that almost EVERY match I play now has either Danger Close classes or Supersoldier classes running around. I swear I don't remember the last time I was in a firefight with someone who just had a plain Assault Rifle. There's way too many fucking gimmicks in this game's MP (Riot Shield class, Danger Close class, Supersoldier class, ugh).

whitehawk

Banned
Man, my running class is my favourite. I get the carepackage, then switch to it. I just run around like a madman knifing everyone :lol :lol

VaLiancY

If I'm defending.

RPD w/ FMJ + Grip or Extended Mags(No reload lol)
M93 Raffica w/ Red Dot + FMJ
Claymores
Bling
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

If I'm on the offense.

UMP w/ Holographic
TMP (Grinding for Extended Mags)
Semtex
Marathon
Hardline
Ninja

Explosive Class (No RPG yet too low rank would have Scavenger)

FAMAS or M16 With Tube
C4
OMA Pro
Danger Close Pro
Sitrep Pro

Explosive Spam Class
M16 or FAMAS with Noob Tube
C4
OMA
Danger Close Pro
Sitrep Pro

Assault Class
FAMAS or M16 With Tube and Red Dot
Stinger
C4
Bling Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Sitrep Pro

Az

I am pretty good with assault classes. Now I've started to love the sniper, and getting pretty good with it too. Went 54-4 on Favela watching "B" and "C"

Manp

RSTEIN said:
How to be good at Terminal:
- create a Noob Tube/OMA/Danger Close class (preferably ACR with launcher)

thanks for the tips...

i have had the game since launch day and i still haven't unlocked the ACR :lol that's how much time i spend playing... my playtime is around 1 day, not so hardcore :lol

:)

Sielys

Well I actually like the increased knife accuracy. Now I don't have as many knife dances as before, like in WaW or mw1. (You know, when you and an enemy surprise each other, knife, both miss, and spend the next few seconds randomly wheeling about and shoving melee button as fast as you can.)

Also, what's everyone shotgun rankings? To say, which shotguns do you prefer the most? Right now, I can't decide between the spas-12 and M1014. The spas seems to have slightly better range, but since the M1014 isn't pump-action, I can fire 2 rounds in quick succession. Oddly enough, if you tap fast enough, you can make the m1014 fire 2 rounds at the same time, both following in the exact same trajectory. This is why I prefer it to the striker, you can't do the same for some reason.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Domino Theory said:
SCAR w/ Red Dot
M1 (trying to get Grip)
Semtex
Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded Pro
Steady Aim Pro

SPAS-12 w/ Grip
Semtex
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

Don't you think these two classes are kind of redundant? I would swap out the SCAR for AUG w/ grip. Now you have a beastly LMG class.

Yes, there are a lot of idiots running around with noob tubes. But if you can't beat them, join them. You gotta fight fire with fire sometimes. I would create a ACR+noob tube/OMA/Danger Close class. Now in addition to your CQC UMP class, you'll have a nice assault rifle class, light machine gun class, and noob tube class. You'll never be without a pretty dress for the party!

Just got my first nuke! After trying for a little while earlier I jumped into a demolition match. Got 8 kills in the first round, got one kill with the harrier, which after that, my heart was racing, got another two and the chopper gunner did the rest. Only nine more to go.

Billy Mitchell said:
The knife should be like the riot shield in that it takes 2 strikes to kill a full health person. There is no reason why somebody should be able to run around with knife only and wipe out an entire team. Its silly. *albeit fun though
1 hit kill to the back would be fine as they got around you but more often then that I had people run down stairs or into doorways where I am and before my brain can think what's up and do something other then shoot, I get stabbed in the face. It's just annoying and a few of the matches I was playing this morning had someone I guess using the perks to run fast, take no drop damage and extended melee range, was just legging it about and killing a few people before he died himself.

I do love the trainwreck snow level though, awesome layout, and terminal is 2nd best.

UFRA

salva said:
im a 3rd prestige now and fuuck, i really need a stinger. my stupid ass team never shoots down air support

When in doubt just use one of the pre-sets.

I'm level 70, 0 Prestige, and although I'd like to make my own custom runner class, when I need to be speedy and get a head start on the enemy, I just use the "First Recon" pre-set that is available from the start. Works well enough for me. :D

Edit: I mean, have a 6th custom class to make my own runner, but I don't want to since my other classes are more important and frequently used.

UFRA said:
When in doubt just use one of the pre-sets.

I'm level 70, 0 Prestige, and although I'd like to make my own custom runner class, when I need to be speedy and get a head start on the enemy, I just use the "First Recon" pre-set that is available from the start. Works well enough for me. :D

Edit: I mean, have a 6th custom class to make my own runner, but I don't want to since my other classes are more important and frequently used.
yeah thats a good class but i use the FAMAS now. first class with the noob tube =£

aku:jiki said:
What's your point? I have a guy in my list with a 10.x KD, most are around 2.0. I guess your friends suck at this game, I don't know?
I guess my friends list isn't mucked up with dishonest twats?

10.x KD playing honestly isn't possible.

Sielys

The only problem I have with knife is the lack of vertical lock-on-lunge. Most commonly when I'm walking down stairs, someone will unexpectedly run up them. I hit melee in reflex, but I just knife over them. Odd compared to the horizontal lockon, as I've barely had someone in the corner of my screen and had a knife lunge lock on to them.

Jagernaut

Manp said:
thanks for the tips...

i have had the game since launch day and i still haven't unlocked the ACR :lol that's how much time i spend playing... my playtime is around 1 day, not so hardcore :lol

I've also had the game since launch and just unlocked the ACR last night. That rifle is really accurate, I love it already. It will replace the SCAR as my main assault rifle. For LMG I like the Aug and for SMG I like the UMP. I've tried sniping but don't really like it.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I hate the MP5K so much. I've tried to make it work, I really have, but it just plain sucks.

It's completely outclassed by the UMP.

Why did you take out the MP5 IW? :-(

cod4-mp5.jpg

I miss it so much.

So until today, I was convinced that the Riot Shield was useless. Then I built this class and played a few rounds of Headquarters. My ratio wasn't super fantastic with it or anything, but we won games and I had ridiculous high scores from capturing/destroying Headquarters.

Riot Shield
PP2000 + RDS
Blast Shield
Stun Grenades
Marathon
Lightweight
Commando
Painkiller

I think the single most satisfying thing I've ever done in this game is getting a 5-kill streak using solely the shield melee. I hope those guys watched their killcams. I really do.

I'm tempted to drop Blast Shield for the Throwing Knife, since the Blast Shield rarely seems to be the difference maker between life and death (at least, that I can tell).

Manp

Jagernaut said:
I've also had the game since launch and just unlocked the ACR last night. That rifle is really accurate, I love it already. It will replace the SCAR as my main assault rifle. For LMG I like the Aug and for SMG I like the UMP. I've tried sniping but don't really like it.

your bit about accuracy made me remember one thing i noticed the other day. i've started using a silencer on the SCAR to unlock the last challenge and since then the number of head shots i'm able to pull out had drastically increased...

am i seeing things or are the two things correlated?

codecow

Manp said:
your bit about accuracy made me remember one thing i noticed the other day. i've started using a silencer on the SCAR to unlock the last challenge and since then the number of head shots i'm able to pull out had drastically increased...

am i seeing thing or are the two thing correlated?

Silencers do seem to reduce recoil but it seems to be gun dependent. I agree 100%.

BTW, I am now at 4530 kills and 4530 deaths, 1.00 exactly! It was a long climb out of the 0.53 cellar.

Cerrius said:
I hate the MP5K so much. I've tried to make it work, I really have, but it just plain sucks.

I miss it so much.
I miss it too. If IW does some kind of weapon pack(doubt it would happen though) that better be in it.

Proc

As a primary pc gamer, I've come around on the 360 version of this game.

When you load up with a new weapon upgrade, it just feels way more substantial than it does on pc. I like that.

I love mw2 for moshpit, great games. I try to avoid tdm as much as possible.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
XxBigP123xX said:
I miss it too. If IW does some kind of weapon pack(doubt it would happen though) that better be in it.

If not a weapon pack, it's a MUST for MW3.

MP5 is an iconic weapon, bring it back IW!!

Draft

Proc said:
As a primary pc gamer, I've come around on the 360 version of this game.

When you load up with a new weapon upgrade, it just feels way more substantial than it does on pc. I like that.

I love mw2 for moshpit, great games. I try to avoid tdm as much as possible.
For sure. The mechanics of how you aim and shoot in MW are clearly designed to work with a pad. They feel tacky with a mouse.

Cerrius said:

cod4-mp5.jpg

I miss it so much.

Agreed. It's weak and for some reason I struggle at controlling it, feels like it fires bullets all over the place.

The UMP and Vector are much better, although I think the SMGs are not nearly as good in this game as they were in COD4.

ElyrionX

Domino Theory said:
My three main classes are listed below. Any suggested changes to either of them are welcome:

SCAR w/ Red Dot
M1 (trying to get Grip)
Semtex
Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded Pro
Steady Aim Pro

SPAS-12 w/ Grip
Semtex
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

UMP w/ Silencer (SO GOOD)
TMP (trying to get Silencer)
Throwing Knife (replenishing your TK with Scavenger is heavenly)
Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

But what upsets me is that almost EVERY match I play now has either Danger Close classes or Supersoldier classes running around. I swear I don't remember the last time I was in a firefight with someone who just had a plain Assault Rifle. There's way too many fucking gimmicks in this game's MP (Riot Shield class, Danger Close class, Supersoldier class, ugh).

I hope you're not one of those idiots who don't ever use the Stinger.

It's ridiculous how you can have an entire team of 9 players get repeatedly slaughtered by the chopper gunner/harrier/AC130/whatever and still no one whips out the Stinger to help shoot those things down. I mean, I'm only one man and it takes three Stingers to down an AC-130 and that means it's going to take a while if I do it all by myself.

now that you mention AC-130's and stingers, is there an easy way to take out a AC 130 with a stinger? It feels like I'm constantly being flared anytime I try.

Griffith

Banned
Tiger uppercut said:
now that you mention AC-130's and stingers, is there an easy way to take out a AC 130 with a stinger? It feels like I'm constantly being flared anytime I try.
The AC130 has 2 flares, so you have to shoot it 3 times with the Stinger to destroy it.

Tiger uppercut said:

Two people on your team with Stingers equipped are needed to bring it down super fast.

Tiger uppercut said:
I tend not to bother shooting AC-130's down. By the time I've fired of enough shots it's gone already. I tend to die less/get more kills by just hiding indoors, since AC-130's have almost no penetration capabilities.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
I've noticed some people here have Red dot sights equipped on their weapons rather than Holographic sights. I thought holographic sights were slightly better? Is there some drawback to the holographic sight I'm not aware of?

Loxley

i_am_ben said:
I've noticed some people here have Red dot sights equipped on their weapons rather than Holographic sights. I thought holographic sights were slightly better? Is there some drawback to the holographic sight I'm not aware of?

Oftentimes the dot in the RDS is smaller than it is on the Holographic sight, meaning pin-pointing your target is slightly easier.

Some people just use the Holographic with certain weapons because the default RDS is just bad, like on the TAR-21 and the F2000; the red dot sight is terrible so most people default to using the holographic instead.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
It all depends on the gun for me.. for example I use RDS on FAMAS, but Holographic on M16A4. Whatever looks better, in my opinion. :lol

So, yeah, I literally ran across a kid tonight whose gamertag was Aushwitz. The worst part was he got stuck on our team. I never felt so happy to be nuked by the other team. Stay classy MW2.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
ElyrionX said:
I hope you're not one of those idiots who don't ever use the Stinger.

It's ridiculous how you can have an entire team of 9 players get repeatedly slaughtered by the chopper gunner/harrier/AC130/whatever and still no one whips out the Stinger to help shoot those things down. I mean, I'm only one man and it takes three Stingers to down an AC-130 and that means it's going to take a while if I do it all by myself.

Nah, my M16 class comes equipped with a Stinger. :p

aku:jiki

Arjen said:
God i hate people like you, playing Domination this way.
I think his playstyle is at least much better for domination than all the camping and shit. At least this guy with the knife is taking the enemy team out, stopping them from taking the control points. I don't mind having an assassin like that on our team, while the rest of us focus on taking points. It's the killstreak campers that ruin the objective modes - man it sucks when a domination match is all silent and calm because literally everybody's camping. :(

BTW, I was killed by a guy who had an emblem that's not on any list anywhere! I've checked all the emblems lists and it's not on there. It was a bunch of cogwheels jammed together - a big red cogwheel with smaller blue wheels. Anyone have any idea what that was? (On 360, btw. Was thinking it was a dev-team/publisher emblem but the guy was terrible at the game. :lol)

cluto

aku:jiki said:
BTW, I was killed by a guy who had an emblem that's not on any list anywhere! I've checked all the emblems lists and it's not on there. It was a bunch of cogwheels jammed together - a big red cogwheel with smaller blue wheels. Anyone have any idea what that was? (On 360, btw. Was thinking it was a dev-team/publisher emblem but the guy was terrible at the game. :lol)
It's not this?

Emblem-gears.jpg

Top Bottom