• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Meier

Huh, can't quote yourself on the mobile GAF version. Anyway, anyone want to weigh in on my question? Worth switching to the MBR? Can it take someone down in 1 shot without stopping power so I can switch to Cold-Blooded?

Meier said:
Huh, can't quote yourself on the mobile GAF version. Anyway, anyone want to weigh in on my question? Worth switching to the MBR? Can it take someone down in 1 shot without stopping power so I can switch to Cold-Blooded?
The M21 EBR? It has the least amount of damage of all four sniper rifles. I think it relies more on it's automatic fire to take targets down in more than one shot, unless it's a headshot. Your best bet for one shot kills is the Intervention or the Barretta.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
So what exactly is Infinity Ward using from id? Was the original engine built using id tech? If so I never knew that!

Confidence Man said:
Got the PC version for half price, which is good because this isn't a $60 game.

It's fucking sad that there aren't dedicated servers. It would solve 80% of the issues the game has atm. Infinity ward would prefer a broken system that they have total control of I guess. If any studio deserves to shut down it's them.

SMH, because I'm so sure IW net was alllllllllllll IW's idea. It has always felt like activision was trying to find a way to force people to buy their map packs more than anything else. Why would you say that they should be shut down? I really can't think of any studios that "deserve" to be shut down. Although I do agree that dedicated servers would solve many many problems and make the game a lot better on PC.

I'm still having a lot of fun with this game atm, been my most played since it came out. Starting to get angry about all the fucks on PS3 with outrageous leaderboard scores, kinda makes all the callsigns obsolete. I hope they fix it as I'm about to prestige for the 2nd time and I'm starting to finally care about my leaderboard positions.

RavenFox

Banned
RSTEIN said:
So what exactly is Infinity Ward using from id? Was the original engine built using id tech? If so I never knew that!
Modified Quake 3 engine friend. Makes you wonder where all there money go eh? Surely not in the engine.

yoopoo

Banned
Most ridiculous air support I've ever seen. 3 AC-130s, 6 Harrier Jet strikes and a few helicopters on Sub Base.

Of course our team lost.

Gaogaogao

Confidence Man said:

It's fucking sad that there aren't dedicated servers. It would solve 80% of the issues the game has atm. Infinity ward would prefer a broken system that they have total control of I guess. If any studio deserves to shut down it's them.
console players need to demand dedicated servers for this to happen methinks

Meier

Narag said:
Damage is the same across all, first 3 sniper rifles get a bonus to torso damage though where the last doesn't.
Why in the world would anyone use it then? :O Interesting note about the damage bonus to the torso though. I really wish I could swap out Stopping Power but oh well. As a sniper, you gotta kill them with the one shot basically so I'll just live and die by that shot and stay "hot" so to speak.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Almost every player I've seen with the nuke emblem sucks. I played with a guy tonight who had a 1:2 K-D ratio or worse in every match we played. It's pathetic. What's the point of using it when everyone can easily tell that you suck and just boosted to get it?

VALKYRAY

Banned
yoopoo said:
Most ridiculous air support I've ever seen. 3 AC-130s, 6 Harrier Jet strikes and a few helicopters on Sub Base.

Of course our team lost.
should have quitted, it hurts your kill/death and winning ratios

X26

Banned
yoopoo said:

Of course our team lost.

Another reason why I only play deathmatch: games don't last long enough to ever get that ridiculous

killstreaks are relatively balanced in deathmatch and s&d since you can only get so many kills, but in the other modes they just break the game imo

Just had a terrible stretch of laggy games and people just camping on death match. Oh, and I love when I spawn and within a second a Predator missile is falling on my head.

Gio_CoD

Banned
Confidence Man said:

I think the $60 price tag for video games is bullshit, and I don't often buy them at full price, but if this game isn't worth $60 then no game is. By the time I'm done playing this game (which will probably be when the next CoD comes out and everyone moves to that for multi), I'll have invested probably 200 hours in the game. That's like 30 cents an hour. I'm not trying to say that you're a nerd, but I will say that the people bitching about dedicated servers do massively come across as nerds. The matchmaking system works pretty fantastically. I can be in a competitive game 45 seconds after picking multiplayer. And if you want to do a private match, you still have that option. I guess it might be nice if it had dedicated server options (more options can't hurt), but the amount of bitching about it has been un-fucking-real.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
God damn! I played 4 matches in a row that were ended by nukes! 3 by the same guy then the 4th one by another guy. Both players were excellent though.

95% of the time the highest killstreak I get is 4.I've put 24 hours into this game and have only been able to use my harrier strike 3 times.

Damn do I suck...

NYR

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Someone who has mastered the P90 and mini Uzi.

Someone who has mastered the P90 and mini Uzi WHO?

Someone who has mastered the P90 and mini Uzi and just found out that the best SMG in the game by far is the UMP and is destroying all who come before him!!!

Oh man, is this gun ever sweet. It is pretty much as powerful as some of the mid tier assualt rifles bit still gives you all the mobility of a SMG, plus it is the most accurate and powerful SMG! Using a red dot on it, normally roll with a silencer but have had some success so I am sticking with it!

cresto

NYR said:
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Someone who has mastered the P90 and mini Uzi.

Someone who has mastered the P90 and mini Uzi WHO?

Someone who has mastered the P90 and mini Uzi and just found out that the best SMG in the game by far is the UMP and is destroying all who come before him!!!

Oh man, is this gun ever sweet. It is pretty much as powerful as some of the mid tier assualt rifles bit still gives you all the mobility of a SMG, plus it is the most accurate and powerful SMG! Using a red dot on it, normally roll with a silencer but have had some success so I am sticking with it!
that wasn't even remotely funny.

i do agree with you, though.

Proc

I spent tonight finishing off my 75 kills to get the tactical knife.

I'm so shitty at running around as a knife banshee :(

Yeef

Never bothered with FMJ before tonight. Works great with a heartbeat sensor and sitrep. Headshotting people through walls is a good time.

HappyDad

Neo Member
divisionbyzorro said:
Congrats!

My three favorite setups:

UAV->Package->Sentry (especially awesome with Hardline)
Predator->Harrier->Pave Low
Predator->Harrier->EAD

Predator->Harrier->AC130 is also fun too
Predator->Harrier->Pave Low is my fav since it's so easy to get and when Harrier and Pave Low are both in the air, it doubles the terror to the opposing team. Also, while Pave Low is keeping them indoor, I can sweep the floor unlike AC130 or Chopper Gunner which I'm stuck in them.

TheFatOne

Just had an awful game were I went 6-24. I wish this game had better spawns. More than half of my deaths I would spawn and almost immediately die

TheFatOne said:
Just had an awful game were I went 6-24. I wish this game had better spawns. More than half of my deaths I would spawn and almost immediately die
The spawn system is broken. Many times I've been spawned and a second later, start getting shot at, being surrounded by enemies.

aku:jiki

Shogmaster said:
The spawn system is broken. Many times I've been spawned and a second later, start getting shot at, being surrounded by enemies.
Yeah... Yesterday I started really paying attention to who's spawning where, and god damn it, the game really does insist that you keep spawning by the guy who just killed you. Seems pretty clear to me now that they actually tried to create some rivalry thing where you keep spawning next to each other for easy paybacks, but that's just really stupid. Hope they patch this silliness. :/

Speaking of patching, is IW's winter break over yet? Can we expect a proper patch that actually does nerf the 1887's and such soon? :lol

Meier said:
So how do you get the Cold looded exp anyway? For destroying their rewards.
You answered your own question, dude. Destroy killstreak rewards with CB equipped. (Or keep shooting a Pave Low with a gun as it's spiraling out of control after being shot and each bullet counts as 1/40 CB exp, :lol.)

Meier

aku:jiki said:
Yeah... Yesterday I started really paying attention to who's spawning where, and god damn it, the game really does insist that you keep spawning by the guy who just killed you. Seems pretty clear to me now that they actually tried to create some rivalry thing where you keep spawning next to each other for easy paybacks, but that's just really stupid. Hope they patch this silliness. :/

Speaking of patching, is IW's winter break over yet? Can we expect a proper patch that actually does nerf the 1887's and such soon? :lol

You answered your own question, dude. Destroy killstreak rewards with CB equipped. (Or keep shooting a Pave Low with a gun as it's spiraling out of control after being shot and each bullet counts as 1/40 CB exp, :lol.)
Hah, I've still yet to shoot anything down. Does coldblooded actually protect you from Harriers, etc? I still seem to die with it...does it just make them slower to react to you?

rezuth

RavenFox said:
Modified Quake 3 engine friend. Makes you wonder where all there money go eh? Surely not in the engine.
I would not count sharing 0.1% of the code with Quake 3 engine as being a modified Quake 3 engine.

Meier said:
Hah, I've still yet to shoot anything down. Does coldblooded actually protect you from Harriers, etc? I still seem to die with it...does it just make them slower to react to you?

All aircraft won't shoot at you. Neither will sentry guns. For chopper gunner/ac130, you won't have a red square surrounding you, though you may still get hit because of teamates around you who don't have coldblooded.

Meier said:

Non-player controlled perks (Harriers, sentry guns, etc) will ignore you if you have it on. You can still get killed if you're in it's firing path while it tries to take out another non-cold blooded player though.

For player controlled perks (chopper gunner, AC13), you won't have the targeting highlight on you, but if they see you, they can still kill you. This normally happens when idiot non-cold blooded teammates decide to stand next to you while you're trying to lock on with a launcher, or if you're just out in the open and they see you with a launcher out.

edit: beaten :(

ThirstyFly said:
This normally happens when idiot non-cold blooded teammates decide to stand next to you while you're trying to lock on with a launcher, or if you're just out in the open and they see you with a launcher out.
This happens way too often, especially with predators...

I honestly can't believe how many people still don't understand to spread out when a predator is fired. Scratch that; they don't even notice the predator coming in. It's a big red dot on your radar, fools! They probably don't catch it because it doesn't show up on the heartbeat sensor... :lol :lol

kitch9

Banned
K, need opinons. ACR with silencer, do I need stopping power or wat?

Sometimes it seems to drop people quickly and then sometimes it can take 5 hits or so.

My friend just hit a 30 killstreak.........but did not have nuke active
Other guy on our team also finished with 30 kills

I was 3rd with 5 kills haha.........once there was a harrier and chopper gunner in the air no one was left for me to kill lol

Dragnet

BigJonsson said:
My friend just hit a 30 killstreak.........but did not have nuke active
Other guy on our team also finished with 30 kills

They both most likely reached that score using air drops, which don't count towards the killstreak.

VALKYRAY said:
should have quitted, it hurts your kill/death and winning ratios
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but I would find playing with this mentality ever so boring. My friend last night was camping in a lot of corners to maintain a good K/D ratio, whereas I was running around like a nutter mowing down people with my assault rifle and shotgun.

He is better than me, but we both got about 30 kills. The only difference was I got 20 deaths and he got 10.

It might look nicer on the leaderboards, but to me the fun comes from getting kills. It doesn't bother me if my ratio is 1:1 if that means I get 30 kills in a game. The only time I get conservative about how I play is when I'm on the brink of a really good killstreak.

Edit: My overall ratio is 0.6 :lol

aku:jiki said:
This happens way too often, especially with predators...

I honestly can't believe how many people still don't understand to spread out when a predator is fired. Scratch that; they don't even notice the predator coming in. It's a big red dot on your radar, fools! They probably don't catch it because it doesn't show up on the heartbeat sensor... :lol :lol

:lol First thing I do when I see a predator coming is make sure I get the hell away from my teammates. Looking for actual overhead cover is secondary.

ElyrionX

Meier said:

You've never shot down any air support? What's your level?

So apparently the glitch that lets you level up the Cold-Blooded Perk off of Pave Lows it still there. I got lucky enough to use it yesterday in a Ground War match on Wasteland. Went from zero to 75 air support kills inside of a few seconds. :D

Gio_CoD said:
I think the $60 price tag for video games is bullshit, and I don't often buy them at full price, but if this game isn't worth $60 then no game is. By the time I'm done playing this game (which will probably be when the next CoD comes out and everyone moves to that for multi), I'll have invested probably 200 hours in the game. That's like 30 cents an hour. I'm not trying to say that you're a nerd, but I will say that the people bitching about dedicated servers do massively come across as nerds. The matchmaking system works pretty fantastically. I can be in a competitive game 45 seconds after picking multiplayer. And if you want to do a private match, you still have that option. I guess it might be nice if it had dedicated server options (more options can't hurt), but the amount of bitching about it has been un-fucking-real.

So just take what you're given, and if it's not up to par don't complain about it or else you're a nerd? :lol

Not saying I'm not a nerd; I'm making posts on a videogame message board after all, which has to be pretty high up on the nerd ladder.

Personally I find it hard to believe someone who's played any competetive online multiplayer game on PC in the last decade would find IWNet to work "fantastically", but I guess we just have different standards.

kitch9 said:
K, need opinons. ACR with silencer, do I need stopping power or wat?

Sometimes it seems to drop people quickly and then sometimes it can take 5 hits or so.
Yes, you absolutely do need stopping power on the ACR. I have trouble using it even with SP because it's so damn weak.

I don't understand GAF's love of it. Why bother pumping what seems like 10 rounds into someone which doesn't always kill them when I can drop someone with one burst from my FAMAS?

backflip10019 said:
I don't understand GAF's love of it. Why bother pumping what seems like 10 rounds into someone which doesn't always kill them when I can drop someone with one burst from my FAMAS?
As someone who's been using FAMAS almost exclusively for the first 40 levels of this prestige round and just now unlocked the ACR again, I feel the same. I'm out of ammo after like 5 kills with the ACR even when I shoot conservatively, while the FAMAS is easily packed to get 10 more kills at that point.

I do enjoy being able to spray and kill at like a mile away with the ACR though. FAMAS is not as good at that.

Also, I've come to the conclusion that the stun grenade is absolutely bloody useless. You get the same effect from a flash, except you block their view too. All the stun does is make it a bit slower for them to aim, but since they're camping the fuck out of the room and already have the sights on the door anyway it does absolutely nothing. :mad:

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
divisionbyzorro said:
So apparently the glitch that lets you level up the Cold-Blooded Perk off of Pave Lows it still there. I got lucky enough to use it yesterday in a Ground War match on Wasteland. Went from zero to 75 air support kills inside of a few seconds. :D

damn you! I'm still at 30/40 or 40/50 whatever it takes to get cold blooded pro. I ALWAYS shoot down stuff, too. Taking forever :/

backflip10019 said:
Yes, you absolutely do need stopping power on the ACR. I have trouble using it even with SP because it's so damn weak.

If you miss with FAMAS/M16, it's over (unless their aim sucks, which is often true). ACR is incredibly stable. I used an ACR build exclusively for my final 10 levels before prestige, and it was pretty awesome.

ACR + ACOG
Akimbo G18s
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

The stability allows you to hit from far away and keep tracking even while on full auto. Scavenger pro means that the ammo isn't an issue. Stopping Power makes it work.

divisionbyzorro said:
Ninja Pro
I can't decide if I'm going to start using Ninja all the time, or just join the enemy and equip the god damn HBS. Getting incredibly sick of seeing killcams starting out with a guy hiding in a corner with his HBS. :(

Top Bottom