• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

backflip10019 said:
Wow I am SO FUCKING SICK of being teamed up with only noobs. One game of Domination that I played earlier today I was the only one positive on my team (ended up going 20-10) and NOT A SINGLE OTHER PERSON ON MY TEAM had a K/D of OVER .5. And these weren't Christmas noobs. These were people in their 2nd, 3rd and one in 4th prestige. And of course we lose the game 200-100. Yes, the other team had A and B the entire time and we only managed to hold our own starting point. .
Its domination, not deathmatch. K/D ratio doesn't determine who is a better player in that game mode. And maybe some of your teammates would have assaulted the enemy positions with more aggression if they weren't worried about their stats taking a dive.

Fugu

backflip10019 said:
Wow I am SO FUCKING SICK of being teamed up with only noobs. One game of Domination that I played earlier today I was the only one positive on my team (ended up going 20-10) and NOT A SINGLE OTHER PERSON ON MY TEAM had a K/D of OVER .5. And these weren't Christmas noobs. These were people in their 2nd, 3rd and one in 4th prestige. And of course we lose the game 200-100. Yes, the other team had A and B the entire time and we only managed to hold our own starting point. I mean, what the fuck? Can't I get matched up with a proper team?

And this wasn't just a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence. This has been happening to me all day. And then whenever I get put into games, they're always in the middle or the end, the enemy already having a Chopper Gunner in the sky. Seriously, I'm so sick of this shit. Fix your shit, Infinity Ward. And deal with those campers and supersoldiers too, while you're at it.
What blows my mind about this story is how you can play a full round of domination and only get 20 kills.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
backflip10019 said:
Wow I am SO FUCKING SICK of being teamed up with only noobs. One game of Domination that I played earlier today I was the only one positive on my team (ended up going 20-10) and NOT A SINGLE OTHER PERSON ON MY TEAM had a K/D of OVER .5. And these weren't Christmas noobs. These were people in their 2nd, 3rd and one in 4th prestige. And of course we lose the game 200-100. Yes, the other team had A and B the entire time and we only managed to hold our own starting point. I mean, what the fuck? Can't I get matched up with a proper team?

And this wasn't just a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence. This has been happening to me all day. And then whenever I get put into games, they're always in the middle or the end, the enemy already having a Chopper Gunner in the sky. Seriously, I'm so sick of this shit. Fix your shit, Infinity Ward. And deal with those campers and supersoldiers too, while you're at it.
Getting put on a shitty team makes this so hard, as the other team will be in much better positioning than you more frequently, and will have more KS to deal with than you will.

Being on an awful team really affects you K/D...but I have to imagine that this is the same with any game really. IW's problem is that they assume that just because you've achieved a certain rank, that you're a better player.
Fugu said:
What blows my mind about this story is how you can play a full round of domination and only get 20 kills.
If you're defending a point I could see this, but I'm generally all over the place and end with 40-50 kills, personally.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
pistolpete2940 said:
It boggles my mind how people still run around with scrambler on. I can't remember the last time someone with it killed me

On big maps that may be the case. However on small maps there are so many people in a small space that it does indeed help. It already goes without saying that someone is near by. Now i shield myself and teammates from radar.

I use any and all stealth stuff available. I hate radar so much. I have something up no matter what. Scrambler is a key partner to stopping power for me. But i rarely use stopping power anyway. I camp my ass off with cold blooded and possibly ninja. I'm tired of the mindless running with people aiming to merely hold a 1.0 K-D ratio. It's more fun and engaging to set traps while still be slightly mobile (seeings that people can easily check killcam to find me)

backflip10019 said:

I generally try to only play deathmatch when I'm soloing. If I play with 3 or 4 friends, then yeah, sure, we can play domination. At least then if I ask a couple people to go cold-blooded with me sowe can sneak around to their base while being wrecked by air support, it may actually happen. Playing objective games with randoms can be a..."frustrating" experience to say the least. At least in TDM I can rely on myself to do whats good for the team and even if we lose I still did fine. In HQ or dom if your chasing objectives alone its an exercise in futility and you're just (if you're like me) going to start raging and getting upset with the game, which isnt why I like to play it.

If you are playing this game online in a serious manner you should play with regular friends or a team you know, trusting on randoms is well, random. It's why when I play gears online I just play to kill things since trying to play seriously results in just getting pissed
on
off

Also add that this game is full of random deaths and out of nowhere bullshit, I am so glad killcam shows us how we were taken out.

Since we are on topic with annoying teammates. I had some bastardly kid on my team chasing me around waiting for me to die so he could get his hands on my higher level weapons. He kept telling me to die die die. He kept attracting attention to me and distracting me, so I kept dying. I was so angry. I left and switched to free for all after that. Never wanted to reach through xbox live and deliver a beating so bad in my life.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Wildstar75 said:
Since we are on topic with annoying teammates. I had some bastardly kid on my team chasing me around waiting to Die so he could get his hands on my higher level weapons. He kept telling me to die die die. He kept attracting attention to me, so I kept dying. I was so angry. I left and switched to free for all after that. Never wanted to reach through xbox live and deliver a beating so bad in my life.

that seems like a complete waste of time. So many shortbus kids on CoD it's insane.

Macattk15

neoism said:
I love having such a good game, that you don't want to play anymore. My 5th game, on terminal, 56-20.( Best I've done.) SCAR FOR FUCKING LIFE SON!
I also think I should just lower my kill-streaks. I have predator missile, pave-low, and chopper gunner, and I never get to the pave-low.
My classes

scar with red-dot
one man army
STOPPINGP
STEADY aim

Scar with thermal
I usually use for sniping

Scar with FMJ, I basically got in in the 56-20 game. Also the basic sight for the SCAR is the bet sight in the game!

4th is ACR, I thought I would looove this gun, but it's a little weak!

5th is the WA2000, which is an awesome sniper, look wise, but it's shitt really, it always takes two shots, I always have FMJ and STOPPINGP on so WTF is with that!

I'm soooo loving this game. I've got 2 days and 10 hours so far. I only had 4 days on 4 and it took me 2 years!
I hope I can fall in love with another gun as I did with the scar. I used the FAL for awhile because it was most like my favorite gun in 4( the G3), but I really don't ever play HC in this game, that's all I played in 4. Demolition is the best mode ever! I wish they had a HC mode for it!

Wahhhhht? I use the WA2000 pretty much exclusively and without Stopping Power and I drop most people in one shot. A body shot is a 1 shot kill with any sniper rifle ... as long as it isn't silenced.

X26

Banned
Wildstar75 said:
Since we are on topic with annoying teammates. I had some bastardly kid on my team chasing me around waiting to Die so he could get his hands on my higher level weapons. He kept telling me to die die die. He kept attracting attention to me, so I kept dying. I was so angry. I left and switched to free for all after that. Never wanted to reach through xbox live and deliver a beating so bad in my life.

:lol That's just bizarre

Reminds me though, I have this thing where sometimes if someone on the other team was a dick camper the entire match (and not sniping) and I get put on their team next match, I constantly throw smoke nades at them when I get the chance if they do the same thing. Kind of a dick thing to do, but whateva I do's wut i wants

Sol.. said:
that seems like a complete waste of time. So many shortbus kids on CoD it's insane.
Have you met the ones who like to block doorways?

One stupid little kid did it to me in Hardcore and I just shot him point blank in the face with the shotgun and carried on. :lol

X26

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Have you met the ones who like to block doorways?

One stupid little kid did it to me in Hardcore and I just shot him point blank in the face with the shotgun and carried on. :lol

The worst is on quarry because on the elevated area near the big case tanks you can spawn in this little nook under some scaffolding, and if a teammate is infront you can't get out. Once this idiot on my team was there and 2 of us spawned behind him but he didn't move because he was trying to snipe. He ended up with a semtex on him and what does he do? Well, logically he'd run and save the rest of us...but nope...triple kill

Lince

Banned
Bumblebeetuna said:
Is there a way to cycle through killstreak rewards when you have more than one available?

nope, and I want some slots for custom killstreak setups for different maps, next patch maybe.

X26 said:
:lol That's just bizarre

Reminds me though, I have this thing where sometimes if someone on the other team was a dick camper the entire match (and not sniping) and I get put on their team next match, I constantly throw smoke nades at them when I get the chance if they do the same thing. Kind of a dick thing to do, but whateva I do's wut i wants

I do this too but with stun grenades. It's passive aggressive sure... but feels pretty good and I'm not going to be penalized for a team kill by shooting him.

OldJadedGamer said:
I do this too but with stun grenades. It's passive aggressive sure... but feels pretty good and I'm not going to be penalized for a team kill by shooting him.

I thought teammates Stun and Flash gernades didn't effect you. Only the thrower and opposition get effected? Am I wrong?

ALeperMessiah said:
I thought teammates Stun and Flash gernades didn't effect you. Only the thrower and opposition get effected? Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong :) My best friend will stun me here and there and then laugh about it just to be a jerk.

I was hoping that I could get into an M4 silenced class with Scavenger Pro and Cold Blooded but the gun is pretty horrible. It's a shame because it's by far the best looking rifle in the game imo.

RubxQub

Dark FaZe said:
I was hoping that I could get into an M4 silenced class with Scavenger Pro and Cold Blooded but the gun is pretty horrible. It's a shame because it's by far the best looking rifle in the game imo.
M4 is fantastic.

What it lacks in power it makes up in fire-rate.

Ovid

TheSeks said:
Yep, don't cry when someone on your team takes your crates, dudes. Better that Sentry/Helicopter goes to a shitty teammate than to a good enemy.

It's mindblowing how some people feel entitled to their Care Package/Drop meanwhile. I mean yeah, you worked for it. But if you didn't go out of your way to make sure you could safely get it why would you whine and cry because a teammate got it instead of an enemy?
So it's my fault if I die b/c IW broke the game with shitty spawn points or an enemy is running around using the Cold-Blooded perk?

Dark FaZe said:

Thats a good setup for hardcore team deathmatch.

Any AR(except F2000)
Stinger
Any Tier 1 Perk
Cold Blooded/Pro
Ninja/Pro

todahawk

Pyke Presco said:
To be fair, one person said a couple pages back he used it for camping with claymores, I can imagine it would be excellent for my "defensive positioning" in the nose of the plane on terminal with a claymore at elbow and another at rear of plane. It would bait even more people into my claymores.

But yeah, for general use? Not so much.

I also hate the terrible draw distance on the console versions of the game. Maps like rundown you can hide in the bushes and try to snipe out of them. When you get killed and watch the killcam, turn out on their screen your standing in the open because foliage has maybe a 50 foot draw distance (especially noticeable when looking at the bushes in front of the broken grey building right above the marshy area). That one always throws me for a loop.

I've been dropping claymores in the middle of S bends or other high traffic areas (with Danger Close) and doing surprisingly well. I have a lot of fun setting booby traps on DOM, hiding them in bushes, etc. right by the CP. I'll be capping a flag on the other side of the map and get a kill + defend the obj bonus.

Yeah, that too. I forgot about the draw distance issues.

Ovid

Meier said:
Does anyone know if/when IW will allow us to see our stats online? And if they intend to ever clean up the XBL leaderboards? Surely there is an option to institute minimum shots, matches etc. being required for inclusion.
I think your asking IW for too much. :lol :lol :lol

RubxQub

Whoever thought an Accuracy Leaderboard was a good thing is a total idiot. The entire list is people who took less than 10 shots (pretty much all are 1) and never played again.

What's the point?

Also, you can navigate the leaderboards quickly at all. If you want to see anything beyond the very top of the list or your friends, you're fucked. The paging is sooooooo slow.

NullPointer said:
Its domination, not deathmatch. K/D ratio doesn't determine who is a better player in that game mode. And maybe some of your teammates would have assaulted the enemy positions with more aggression if they weren't worried about their stats taking a dive.
Well they obviously weren't worried about their K/Ds taking a dive because they all went UNDER .5. That means that they are all terrible.

And the reason I ended with only 20 kills was because I was playing cautiously, trying to advance on the enemy only to have my dumbshit teammates run out into the middle of the battlefield and get cut down. It's rough playing alone.

RavenFox

Banned
Wildstar75 said:
Since we are on topic with annoying teammates. I had some bastardly kid on my team chasing me around waiting for me to die so he could get his hands on my higher level weapons. He kept telling me to die die die. He kept attracting attention to me and distracting me, so I kept dying. I was so angry. I left and switched to free for all after that. Never wanted to reach through xbox live and deliver a beating so bad in my life.
:lol Holy Shit.

RubxQub

ALeperMessiah said:
Ah ok. Kinda figured, but I don't venture into hardcore much.
You're not missing anything. Tons of people in Hardcore just camp endlessly because they are too afraid to die.

I swear, TDM is the only mode where people don't play like total fuck-ups.

RavenFox

Banned
ALeperMessiah said:
Ah ok. Kinda figured, but I don't venture into hardcore much.
You should. No damn radar unless you earn it and no damn killcam plus friendly fire. You become a much better player through hardcore.

Meier

DeuceMojo said:
I think no. Tubing is the art of estimating just how much arc you should put on that thing. BTW, props for running it. People bitch about tubing so much and they just don't realize how hard it is using the true one-shot-one-kill philosophy. :lol Seriously though, lobbing a grenade through one of those bunker windows from the cliff in Afghan is really really f'ing hard.
I hate tubing on every map but Terminal and... Rundown? Forget the name. The one with the fixed gatling gun up in the window overlooking the hallway below and the B hallway of death. Those two maps, I totally understand it and if I die from them, I'm okay. I used to tube a lot when I first started since I was a noob but you do eventually grow out of it. :lol

Good to know it doesn't do anything, guess I'll make the change. I used Ninja for awhile on all my classes as is but I eventually decided to give up on it.

Ovid

RSTEIN said:
Finally got Cold Blooded Pro. I'm conflicted... Cold Blooded Pro or Stopping Power Pro? (for my main mid-range class) Hmm...
Cold Blooded Pro on Overpass, Wasteland, Derail and maybe Afghan. Stopping Power Pro on everything else.

Hey GAF, can we set up some Private Matches on the PS3 against each other sometime?

Meier

divisionbyzorro said:
That's it.

For Kill Streaks, I have gone UAV/Care Package/Predator lately just because I typically use hardline and I enjoy getting them. I never used Care Packages until recently..before I'd do UAV, Predator, Harriers which helped me get my longest KS ever of 15. I wouldn't mind having the AC130 but I honestly don't know how often I'd get to 11 kills and I feel like the UAV is helpful enough for the team that I like having it equipped.

Meier said:
That's it.

For Kill Streaks, I have gone UAV/Care Package/Predator lately just because I typically use hardline and I enjoy getting them. I never used Care Packages until recently..before I'd do UAV, Predator, Harriers which helped me get my longest KS ever of 15. I wouldn't mind having the AC130 but I honestly don't know how often I'd get to 11 kills and I feel like the UAV is helpful enough for the team that I like having it equipped.

I very much appreciate people like you.

X26

Banned
yea uav's are great, but no one equips itbecause they want to go the standard pred-harrier-pave/c.gun/etc.

me included, but once I get through the chopper gunner challenges I'm going to switch up to lower ones for fun and to get the emblems

RavenFox said:
You should. No damn radar unless you earn it and no damn killcam plus friendly fire. You become a much better player through hardcore.

What! I didn't know that. Now all I need is a mode where there is no re-spawns and I can slowly start weaning myself off of CS.

Eh who am I kidding I could never give up the CS.

Meier said:
That's it.

care package is the tits i switch my killstreaks often except i always keep care package in it.

.nimrod

BruceLeeRoy said:
What! I didn't know that. Now all I need is a mode where there is no re-spawns and I can slowly start weaning myself off of CS.

Eh who am I kidding I could never give up the CS.

isn't hardcore search&destroy pretty much like CS?

vatstep said:
That's how it works. It fires straight up, and descends on the target a few seconds later. Some air support (AC-130, chopper gunner, pave low) need multiple rocket hits to be destroyed, so that's probably what happened in your case.

I prefer the javelin to the stinger, though. It's slightly wonkier for taking down air support, but the multi-kills it can get you make up for it.

That's not true. Every killstreak reward dies after one hit.

Multiple lock-ons are required however, given flares subvert potential hits.

Meier said:
I used to tube a lot when I first started since I was a noob but you do eventually grow out of it. :lol
I've spent the last few levels reclaiming the tube (to blaze through the One Man Army and Danger Close challenges) and brother, it is boring relying on that thing. Although I can see the benefit now of keeping a RDS/noobtube rifle in the closet for those Wasteland matches.
BruceLeeRoy said:
Are there no re-spawns in Search and Destroy!?
I would call S&D the Siege of Call of Duty. For those patient enough to sit around and watch some other guys run around until the end of the match, this game's for you.

divisionbyzorro said:
Killstreaks aside, it is CS.
Which is why I love it. 6 years of CS has taught me well. :D

Plus, there's nothing better than putting a claymore by a bombsite and having some idiot not check. It shouldn't still work - but it does nearly every time.

Meier

Digital Limit said:
That's not true. Every killstreak reward dies after one hit.

Multiple lock-ons are required however, given flares subvert potential hits.
Explain.. like I said, I am new to using a javelin. If it locks on, do I just keep waiting and it will lock on further? Or do you mean multiple lock-ons as in lock-ons from separate people?

Top Bottom