• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Dude, I shouldn't be letting the rest of my library gather dust. I haven't raced a car in God knows how long. In fact I haven't done anything but shoot people online for the past 8 weeks.

The other day I was thinking... if I manage 70 levels every month or so, it will take me close to a year to get into my 10th prestige. Why does that seem so important to me??!! :lol

aku:jiki

RubxQub said:
Cold-Blooded Pro also makes you entirely invisible when you're hiding in tall grass or bushes, as your name won't pop up.

You can disappear just by going prone in most areas.
Also kills thermal, which is wonderful on Wasteland. :D

I'm really thinking of going ColdBlooded/Ninja forever. Love me some SitRep and am slightly handicapped without it, but I hate being found by campers or lame players more.

Leunam said:
I just watched the second mythbusters episode (didn't know it was out). The banana leaf thing is bullshit.
It is, but nobody knows about it and uses it to their advantage anyway, so I don't think it's much of an issue. That rooftop is too dangerous to stick around on.

Reading this thread is dangerous by the way. I hadn't noticed the crap with the spawn system until I started reading the discussions and now it's starting to drive me insane. So boring to have to crouch down and hide immediately after you kill someone, just in case he spawns right in your back. :(

kaizoku said:
MTD may have just become my fave mode. Not too many players so flanking is actually a reality (in ground war its not really flanking because the other team is never one body, its just running somewhere else) and no parties.
It takes me a while to adjust to anything besides this game, 'cause Merc TDM is so awesome. People tend not to camp systematically, I tend to score well, and most of the time high on the list, plus I don't feel guilty about just turning chat off and playing the game.
Matter of fact, with as many shit-talkers out there as there are, I'm gonna just go back to friends only.

aku:jiki

BruceLeeRoy said:
Whats the banana leaf thing?
You can't shoot through certain foliage, but the only place there's really a concentration of those plants is that rooftop in Favela. But it doesn't really matter if a leaf is covering your right arm on that rooftop, as every other part of your body will be exposed anyway. Non-issue even though it's sloppy...

kaizoku said:
wow sweet, didnt realise cold blooded pro made your name go invisible when hidden. awesome.
Not just when hidden; you never have a name. Since you hop back and forth between playing US marines and various militia, this is pretty confusing to some players and sometimes with CB Pro on, you can totally hang out with the enemy team for a good 20 seconds before they realize to shoot you. :lol

winnarps

The 'Chopper Gunner Ammo' glitch is an infection/spread type of glitch.

If you join a lobby who's host has it enabled, you yourself will inherit the glitch.

Then in turn, if you host a new game, you'll spread it to others.

aku:jiki said:
I'm really thinking of going ColdBlooded/Ninja forever.
I've always loved Cold Blooded, especially the Pro, and this time around I found out just how cool it is to have Ninja Pro, especially when it comes to clearing out the sniper spots in Overpass and other running work that requires you to make a lot of noise on catwalks or snow.

Btw, I find myself just going off when I'm running that class.
Me: "Damn, I love being a ninja. It's like they just drop me in behind enemy lines and then I fuck shit up. I'm like Snake Eyes, dude." <--- actual DM quote.

Anyway, apparently they did an excellent job of making you decide between Marathon and Bling, 'cause when I have one I ALWAYS miss the other. :D

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
winnarps said:

If you join a lobby who's host has it enabled, you yourself will inherit the glitch.

It's the same problem as the 'infinite ammo' bug.

Hay, weren't they supposed to fix this in the last patch? Hey, that's awesome.

winnarps said:

So is the glitch that it makes regular guns fire Apache bullets?

Does that mean that Apache bullets do area-of-effect damage? I thought it just had some auto-aim...this could change the way I use it in certain maps...

winnarps

divisionbyzorro said:
So is the glitch that it makes regular guns fire Apache bullets?

Does that mean that Apache bullets do area-of-effect damage? I thought it just had some auto-aim...this could change the way I use it in certain maps...

Yes, Apache bullets cause small radius AOE damage.

You can usually hit people inside buildings if they stand too close to doorways or windows if you aim properly.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
It is, but nobody knows about it and uses it to their advantage anyway, so I don't think it's much of an issue. That rooftop is too dangerous to stick around on.

Reading this thread is dangerous by the way. I hadn't noticed the crap with the spawn system until I started reading the discussions and now it's starting to drive me insane. So boring to have to crouch down and hide immediately after you kill someone, just in case he spawns right in your back. :(

mythbusters did some MW2 stuff or something?

I think the spawn system is awesome.

Someone kills me? I often spawn near enough to hunt him down. If I kill someone, I know he's gonna be out for revenge so I try to lay an ambush or outmanouvre him in some way. Keeps me on my toes, and opens up potential mind games. I've definitely used it to my advantage a few times.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
DeuceMojo said:
It takes me a while to adjust to anything besides this game, 'cause Merc TDM is so awesome. People tend not to camp systematically, I tend to score well, and most of the time high on the list, plus I don't feel guilty about just turning chat off and playing the game.
Matter of fact, with as many shit-talkers out there as there are, I'm gonna just go back to friends only.

I hate to say it but I saw actual team work in MTD - and in a way thats why my knife/flank tactic was so succesful. They'd usually be together, facing the same way dealing with the rest of my team.

so I could just slip in behind and take a bunch of em, swinging the game my team mates way.

Sh0k

Just got my third nuke today in Wasteland using my Sniper class,

Barret .50 CAL with Heartbeat Sensor and Thermal Sight
Secondary PP2000 with FMJ and Silencer
Bling Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

Was 12-0 after my harriers and when I finished with my chopper gunner, I was 24-0. Just as I knifed my 25 kill, somebody killed me. Finish the game 33-2 after my nuke.

Definatelly the first nuke is the hardest one, I got three nukes in 4 days after trying to get the first one forever.

this is pretty confusing to some players and sometimes with CB Pro on, you can totally hang out with the enemy team for a good 20 seconds before they realize to shoot you. :lol
When I ran CB Pro exclusively in my first tour, I got the accolade "most time spent near enemies" almost every time. Enemies will approach you from behind and run past you all the time. Occasionally, they'll turn around, say "what the f?" before I shoot them or they stab me. It's very useful.

Scarecrow

Ha ah, yesterday I was able to get the 1 bullet two kills award. That was pretty neat. Seems like that one would be kind of tough to get.

I've tried making a runny knife class, but it seems to me I'm running too slow. I've got marathon, light weight (i think), and commando. What am I doing wrong?

Sh0k said:
Barret .50 CAL with Heartbeat Sensor and Thermal Sight
This reminds me: there's some weapons I'm going to wait to use until my last prestige so I don't ever lose their camo. I saw that Barrett in fall camo and realized, I will never work on headshots with that thing until the very end. Obviously same goes for the AK and some others...

Scarecrow said:
Ha ah, yesterday I was able to get the 1 bullet two kills award. That was pretty neat. Seems like that one would be kind of tough to get.

I've tried making a runny knife class, but it seems to me I'm running too slow. I've got marathon, light weight (i think), and commando. What am I doing wrong?
Running with something other than a pistol or submachinegun?

Yeah, if you're using anything like a rifle or LMG, you're gonna be the world's slowest ninja.

But yeah, Marathon and Lightweight with Commando is where it's at.

Hyunkel6

DeuceMojo said:

Yeah, if you're using anything like a rifle or LMG, you're gonna be the world's slowest ninja.

Wasn't there something about running faster with a care package? Or has this been patched?

X26

Banned
DeuceMojo said:
This reminds me: there's some weapons I'm going to wait to use until my last prestige so I don't ever lose their camo. I saw that Barrett in fall camo and realized, I will never work on headshots with that thing until the very end. Obviously same goes for the AK and some others...

yea pretty much. also, it's too bad weapons prestige challenges don't unlock unique camo as well

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
As I'm starting to care less about my score, I'm trying out some new weapons.

After watching a few montages online I've tried my hand at some quick sniping, and it's crazy frustrating, I don't know how those guys do it so consistently. Granted, montages are no proof of that, but I subscribe to a channel on youtube where the guy does. Every once in a while I'll get in a groove with it, but usually I just post even at best.

Also, I tried switching my SMG to the Mini-Uzi from the popular UMP. I wouldn't say that I like it any more than the UMP, but there isn't any downside to it, you just need to watch your ammo consumption. I like it a bit more because it's less popular, so I'll stick with it.

I'm max level again after prestiging once, still haven't got my nuke. Things always seem to go horribly wrong when I get close, I've had people spawn right on top of me or right behind me being 20-24 more than once now.

Personally, I find the most satisfying thing is beating organized teams. The other night I joined a ground war mid-game and was the only pub on TF141's side. I messed around, didn't do too well, they made fun of me post-game. Got put on their team for the second match, turned it up but didn't play aggressively, went 14-2 or something in a TDM. They talked more shit post-game. Finally got on the other team for Domination in sub-base, took out my scavenger-stopping power-M16 class with predator-harrier-chopper gunner. Went 73-4, best score I've posted, we won, boy was that post-game hilarious.

You can't shoot through certain foliage, but the only place there's really a concentration of those plants is that rooftop in Favela. But it doesn't really matter if a leaf is covering your right arm on that rooftop, as every other part of your body will be exposed anyway. Non-issue even though it's sloppy...

Hmm that's good to know.

Procarbine said:

After watching a few montages online I've tried my hand at some quick sniping, and it's crazy frustrating, I don't know how those guys do it so consistently.

Link? Also are they playing on PC or console?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
DeuceMojo said:
I've always loved Cold Blooded, especially the Pro, and this time around I found out just how cool it is to have Ninja Pro, especially when it comes to clearing out the sniper spots in Overpass and other running work that requires you to make a lot of noise on catwalks or snow.

Btw, I find myself just going off when I'm running that class.
Me: "Damn, I love being a ninja. It's like they just drop me in behind enemy lines and then I fuck shit up. I'm like Snake Eyes, dude." <--- actual DM quote.

Anyway, apparently they did an excellent job of making you decide between Marathon and Bling, 'cause when I have one I ALWAYS miss the other. :D

If you use CBP, remember to equip the silencer on your weapons. That way you will be truly invisible.

DeuceMojo said:
When I ran CB Pro exclusively in my first tour, I got the accolade "most time spent near enemies" almost every time. Enemies will approach you from behind and run past you all the time. Occasionally, they'll turn around, say "what the f?" before I shoot them or they stab me. It's very useful.

If you go prone and do the weapon switch repeatedly very quickly with CBP enabled, enemies will run right by you so you can get up and shoot them in the back. I've tried it and it's hilarious. I can only imagine what the killcam looks like.

Scarecrow

DeuceMojo said:

I've got (I think) the AUG and twin magnums.

Been having mental amounts of fun with
Ump45 I think its called + any scope/rapid fire etc
Marathon pro
Lightweight pro
Commando Pro

HardcoreTDm I was getting upwards of 30kills a match with people trailing with 15 or so as the next highest, on Free for all coming 1st-2nd with a similar amount of kills. Just stupidly fun sprinting round stabbing/shoot up groups of folks :lol

Im so impressed by all the people that I see getting massive kills with no type of add-on sight put on the gun. I am absolutely worthless without the red-dot especially when I am lining up a far off shot.

Procarbine said:
Console. Essentially getting fast sniper kills without holding your breath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnkPwqMDeto

The 7 streak he does to start the nuke run is sick.

Ha this guy sounds awesome he sounds like that Taj guy.

Scarecrow

divisionbyzorro said:
Oh gosh. No wonder you move slowly. Speed is based entirely on your primary weapon.

Switch to an SMG, or to a sniper if you want to run around in a ghillie suit.
well blow me down. I thought that one was in the SMG class of weapons. I'll change it up when I play later today.

Holy shit that guy is good. Reminds me of using the AWP on CS. I have never seen someone be that fast on a console game.

What's his setup on that guy?
Which sniper is he using?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Yeah, I watch SneakyMode and some OpTic guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDG_dR8PXrw

Theres some better examples of sick quick snipes, I don't know how they do it.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Holy shit that guy is good. Reminds me of using the AWP on CS. I have never seen someone be that fast on a console game.

What's his setup on that guy?
Which sniper is he using?

Intervention FMJ, Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro, and something else. He says his sensitivity was "high" which could either mean 4 or something higher.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just literally was in a game where someone held a nuke despite us being in the goddamn lead until the other team caught-up. Jesus Christ, if you have a nuke... FUCKING USE IT, you goddamn trolls. :|

snap0212

Procarbine said:

After watching a few montages online I've tried my hand at some quick sniping, and it's crazy frustrating, I don't know how those guys do it so consistently. Granted, montages are no proof of that, but I subscribe to a channel on youtube where the guy does. Every once in a while I'll get in a groove with it, but usually I just post even at best.
I, also, play only as a sniper. Play in private games and get used to a higher sensitivity (for the 360s/720s). Do most (if not all) of your aiming with your crosshair. That's all. :D

Do you play on PS3 or Xbox? :)

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
snap0212 said:
I, also, play only as a sniper. Play in private games and get used to a higher sensitivity (for the 360s/720s). Do most (if not all) of your aiming with your crosshair. That's all. :D

Do you play on PS3 or Xbox? :)

I'm on Xbox, I'll have to try harder at crosshair aiming, using anything else I'm pretty much exclusively ADS.

Ovid

Graf Nudu said:
Btw. can you shoot down a stealth bomber? Be it with a Predator or Javelin?
Tried it awhile back. Doesn't work.

TheSeks said:
I just literally was in a game where someone held a nuke despite us being in the goddamn lead until the other team caught-up. Jesus Christ, if you have a nuke... FUCKING USE IT, you goddamn trolls. :|
Whenever I get the nuke I always hold it. Why end the game early? I actually want to let others have fun too.

Any old Ghost Recon players here? Like old-school GR and GR2? Even though I think games like MW2 have eliminated the need for "tactical shooters," I really do miss wide-open fields, woods, mountain ranges, small towns, big cities, etc. etc.

Procarbine said:
Good luck, it's hard.
AWP on CS is my favorite thing in the world cause it takes so long to get truly good at it but when you do your pretty much unstoppable. I had no idea there was something like that in CS I shall devote a tremendous amount of energy to realize this kind of bloodlust power.

To this day, still have never seen a nuke btw. Hardcore TDM mostly is what I play. Guess you have to be on hell of a player to pull it off in that mode.

TheSeks said:

There's a challenge for using a nuke when your team is losing, and the reward is a sweet animated emblem. I bet he was hunting that challenge.

huacst21 said:
Uh... Am I the only one that noticed that when he called in his nuke, the score is 7300 but he kills two more and the score doesn't change or ends TDM?

wtf?

Once you call in the nuke the score freezes, regardless of the game mode.

Top Bottom