• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

VALKYRAY

Banned
Scarecrow said:
whats a good secondary weapon if I'm using a sniper rifle? I've been using a striker so far
if you use steady aim perk, get akimbo M9s. if your main is intervention, it is quicker to switch out pistols than shotguns and most of the automatic pistols. also it takes only two shots in the chest to drop a foe when you have stopping power equiped. two guns firing at same time drops anyone down in no time son

divisionbyzorro said:
That's actually what inspired me to write this a few pages back. Under this system a nuke would be a team achievement that everyone could revel in.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19084171&postcount=20146
OK, that right there is one of the finest posts I've read. Its a damn great idea to separate how killstreak rewards work in objective games versus deathmatch.

Man, now that I've seen the light the current game setup has lost a little bit of its luster. OK glitchers, do something useful for a fucking change and hack this into the game.

PusherT

Does anyone else here use 1 man army pro? I ithink I have that perk on 5 different classes use my grenade luancher and swicthup and do it again. Also is Chopper Gunner the best way to get the Nuke killstreak? And does the EMP destroy enemy helicopters,Jets etc?

Scarecrow

Thanks for the advice, all. The striker has been doing pretty good, except when people are at medium distance. I'm not good enough to virtually no scope these guys like some of these youtube savants.

Sutanreyu

Leunam said:
I just watched the second mythbusters episode (didn't know it was out). The banana leaf thing is bullshit.

I've always HATED this.

It happens in Crysis with certain tall grass or some random foliage.

NeoUltima said:
Haven't played for almost 3 weeks now...still more glitching going on?

Its been pretty solid since around xmas time. The only glitch i know about is that chopper gunner vid posted above and I have never seen it yet.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Lionheart1827 said:
Its been pretty solid since around xmas time. The only glitch i know about is that chopper gunner vid posted above and I have never seen it yet.

It just popped up last night. Give it a day or two, then every other game you join will have it since it's similar to the previous issue where it spreads like a virus amongst active players.

Sielys

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Did you play World at War? The War game mode had a momentum system that allowed you to cap points faster as your team accumulated kills and killstreaks, but the meter dropped back down to zero as soon as one of your points got capped.

That's what I loved about dom on WaW. Unless you camp the flag with a bullshit tank that I can't get near enough to blow up. Tanks would've been fine if constrained to TDM.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
PusherT said:
Does anyone else here use 1 man army pro? I ithink I have that perk on 5 different classes use my grenade luancher and swicthup and do it again. Also is Chopper Gunner the best way to get the Nuke killstreak? And does the EMP destroy enemy helicopters,Jets etc?

yeah, I love OMA pro. Infinite nube tube. Infinite grenades. Infinite ammo. All faster than it takes to capture a domination flag :lol

IMO chopper gunner is the deadliest killstreak reward. It's a must if you're trying to go for the nuke. Now, some may use the AC130, but IMO, nothing beats the chopper gunner. You're in total control, it lasts a long time, and you have the opportunity to kill the same guy 2-3 times when you get him after each respawn.

Rayme

LeMaximilian said:
It just popped up last night. Give it a day or two, then every other game you join will have it since it's similar to the previous issue where it spreads like a virus amongst active players.
Should be gone already.

snap0212

BruceLeeRoy said:
Some of these jumping 360 sniper kills are kind of bullshit because of the aim-assist but that video is still fricken nuts.
Nah, you have zero aim assist when you no scope someone who's far away. :p

On Derail tonight two guys somehow got out of the map and were up sniping from the very top of the mountains. One of them ended up as 35-0 as a result - he was impossible to hit. Even my predator missile couldn't get him.

Hope that's fixed soon as you're a sitting duck in HQ when they can snipe like that. Thankfully, the rest of my team were really cool guys and we all reported them for cheating. :D Probably won't do much good, but it just shows that for every asshole on Live there's quite a few decent players.

goldenpp72

So I picked this game up, big halo/gears/pdz guy and I always shyed away from the COD series.. as a total scrub is there any solid advice to start? what are perks, how do I use weapon attachments, anything to know that isn't really obvious?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Rayme said:
Should be gone already.
thumbs_up.jpg

Still wish there was more risk involved in the deathstreaks. I'll admit that I feel that the dice roll care package killstreak stuff is rotten to the core, but some of this could be mitigated by adding risks and penalties to using said rewards. Point penalty if your reward is blasted out of the sky, or at least void any rewards if the player is killed before or while using a reward.

kuYuri

D4Danger said:
on the 360 as well? Don't we normally have to wait for Microsoft to kick the tyres first

It might have been a server side fix.

goldenpp72 said:
So I picked this game up, big halo/gears/pdz guy and I always shyed away from the COD series.. as a total scrub is there any solid advice to start? what are perks, how do I use weapon attachments, anything to know that isn't really obvious?

Perks are basically special skills that you can equip that benefits you in some way. For example, Stopping Power increases bullet damage and Sleight of Hand allows you to reload faster.

When you first start playing multiplayer, you can't create classes, you start out with default classes built into the game. Once you unlock create a class and challenges around rank 4, you can start using any weapons and perks you want. To use a weapon attachment, first you have to kill enough times with the weapon to unlock an attachment for it (for example, getting 10 kills with the FAMAS unlocks the grenade launcher attachment for it) then when you create a class, pick the FAMAS then pick the grenade launcher.

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Did you play World at War? The War game mode had a momentum system that allowed you to cap points faster as your team accumulated kills and killstreaks, but the meter dropped back down to zero as soon as one of your points got capped.

I did play W@W. I prestiged in W@W. I pretty much played nothing but War and Headquarters. And yes, I stole the "Momentum" title from that mode. Momentum is actually the only thing that made that mode work - without it, games would have stalemated much more often.

NullPointer said:
divisionbyzorro said:
That's actually what inspired me to write this a few pages back. Under this system a nuke would be a team achievement that everyone could revel in.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19084171&postcount=20146

OK, that right there is one of the finest posts I've read. Its a damn great idea to separate how killstreak rewards work in objective games versus deathmatch.

Man, now that I've seen the light the current game setup has lost a little bit of its luster. OK glitchers, do something useful for a fucking change and hack this into the game.

Hey, they have been talking about mod tools for the PC version. Maybe those guys can work out something similar. I know if I had the PC version, I would gladly pitch in.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OMFG! YES! YES! YES!

SPAS a la "Sandy Ravage" + Hole in second floor of Skidrow + idiots coming through one door = 10 killstreak no killstreak equipped + 0 deaths.

FUCK YEAH! My Mario Emblem gotten pretty awesomely and now my deaf ass can go back to UAVs. :lol

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
whoa didn't realise these mods were for the 360! thought they were PC where things like that are to be expected right? but wait, how are these guys recording these games? they just randomly record xbox games in case some turn into youtube material?

had my best MW2 day today, I do think this thread has helped, to keep me enthusiastic about learning the game as well as all the tips. cheers fellas! Its like I suddenly evolved into the next pokemon, regularly finish in the positives K/D wise and went from rank 46 to 48. The type of accolades I got were different, a lot more "killed entire enemy team", a lot less "most time watching killcams"! Got the ACR, didn't like it! Realised I'm the type who can't aim for shit while spraying. M16 has taught me to play in bursts and its so much better for my accuracy. Got my longest ever killstreak at 16 kills, finally used the AC10! I sucked with it :D

Also unlocked cold blooded pro!!!! my god that shit is immense :lol first thing I did to test it out - in a game of domination 2 enemies were around one of our flags so I creep up to the flag and crouch just as they do. We're huddled up together, 3rd guy joins us, 4th guy is looking on from a distance, not paying full attention. I looked at them, they looked at me, then they looked at each other and its like you could see them feel that something wasn't right :lol then I had to stab/shoot them before they captured the flag. Would've loved to see that killcam :lol

4th guy got me with a random panicked spray. Had to give myself away in case they actually captured it.

From there it almost felt like a cheat. So many guys would just leave me be. I reckon I'm gonna have a lot of fun fucking about with this whenever I get bored! A few weren't buying it, but I felt like I could waltz in to a flag area, pretend I was here to defend it and have at least a second (usually more) advantage while they realise I look different :lol when I walked up to a lone sniper and just crouched like him, he assumed I was a team mate.

That was on a stage where the uniforms differed drastically too (locals vs militia). On missions where they look similar, perhaps that perk is over-powered!

Scarecrow

TheSeks said:
OMFG! YES! YES! YES!

SPAS a la "Sandy Ravage" + Hole in second floor of Skidrow + idiots coming through one door = 10 killstreak no killstreak equipped + 0 deaths.

FUCK YEAH! My Mario Emblem gotten pretty awesomely and now my deaf ass can go back to UAVs. :lol
I hate you so much

DMeisterJ

Banned
TheSeks said:
OMFG! YES! YES! YES!

Congrats ^_^

I let out the biggest sigh of relief and I was trembling after I got mine. Twice I got to 12 w/out using Kstreaks, but I had them equipped, and twice I got to 9. Bah!

TheSeks

Scarecrow said:
I hate you so much

:lol Why?

DMiesterJ said:
Congrats ^_^

I let out the biggest sigh of relief and I was trembling after I got mine. Twice I got to 12 w/out using Kstreaks, but I had them equipped, and twice I got to 9. Bah!

Yeah, I had them pop-up and I'm like "*sigh* Finally."

I've come to love that damn gun, and I wasn't a shotgun whore in CoD4. At all.

It's fucking hilarious how that gun becomes a near mid-range point-and-shoot insta-death mobile.

Scarecrow

TheSeks said:
:lol Why?

Yeah, I had them pop-up and I'm like "*sigh* Finally."

It's fucking hilarious how that gun becomes a near mid-range point-and-shoot insta-death mobile.
I've been playing for that for ever. I keep getting nine :(

DMeisterJ

Banned
TheSeks said:

SPAS-12 is godly. I throw Steady Aim on with it (Cause I use the Pro part to let me hold my breath while sniping longer) and it has some amazing accuracy. The only bad thing is the pump-action means that you can't really take out more than 2 people because of the time between pumps.

TheSeks

Scarecrow said:
I've been playing for that for ever. I keep getting nine :(

Watch that "Sandy Ravage" youtube that was posted in this thread. Copy his stuff. Get on Skidrow. Crouch facing the door near the ammo "drop" in HQ. Fire-Fire-Fire-Fire-Fire-Fire... if they're idiots and don't try to flank you (you might need someone to cover you/turret drop pick-up stolen from someone) you should get 10 kills pretty easy as the door gives no cover + steady aim = insta-death at that range with no aiming down sights.

DMeisterJ said:
SPAS-12 is godly. I throw Steady Aim on with it (Cause I use the Pro part to let me hold my breath while sniping longer) and it has some amazing accuracy. The only bad thing is the pump-action means that you can't really take out more than 2 people because of the time between pumps.

Yeah, but it is hilarious to "snipe" people from outside the normal shotgun range. Take two people on, point-click-point-click and move past.

It's basically the grenade launchers in a shotgun form. :lol

Scarecrow

TheSeks said:
Watch that "Sandy Ravage" youtube that was posted in this thread. Copy his stuff. Get on Skidrow. Crouch facing the door near the ammo "drop" in HQ. Fire-Fire-Fire-Fire-Fire-Fire... if they're idiots and don't try to flank you (you might need someone to cover you/turret drop pick-up stolen from someone) you should get 10 kills pretty easy as the door gives no cover + steady aim = insta-death at that range with no aiming down sights.

Yeah, but it is hilarious to "snipe" people from outside the normal shotgun range. Take two people on, point-click-point-click and move past.

It's basically the grenade launchers in a shotgun form. :lol
aw jeez, which Sandy Ravage video?

TheSeks

Scarecrow said:
aw jeez, which Sandy Ravage video?

This one. I'm not that good (and it's a montage) but it should give you the idea of what you're trying to do. Hell, because of that video I tried the SPAS with that stuff and fell in love with it. It's just insanely awesome to pop people with it.

Trust me, if my deaf ass can get the Mario Emblem (when I rarely get past 4-5 kills in a killstreak) you can get it as well. It'll take a bit (and I got EXTREMELY lucky with idiots) but you should be able to take that class and do it much better than I can if you're decent with FPS skills.

Also the SCAR (or was it the Intervention? I forget) + Thermal on Underpass is insanely awesome. I sniped across the bridge from the building and had to get counter-sniped from it. :lol A bunch of "ONE SHOT! ONE KILL!" bonuses when I generally suck with sniping. :lol

Scarecrow

TheSeks said:
This one. I'm not that good (and it's a montage) but it should give you the idea of what you're trying to do. Hell, because of that video I tried the SPAS with that stuff and fell in love with it. It's just insanely awesome to pop people with it.

Trust me, if my deaf ass can get the Mario Emblem (when I rarely get past 4-5 kills in a killstreak) you can get it as well. It'll take a bit (and I got EXTREMELY lucky with idiots) but you should be able to take that class and do it much better than I can if you're decent with FPS skills.

Also the SCAR (or was it the Intervention? I forget) + Thermal on Underpass is insanely awesome. I sniped across the bridge from the building and had to get counter-sniped from it. :lol A bunch of "ONE SHOT! ONE KILL!" bonuses when I generally suck with sniping. :lol
so awesome. I'll give that a try. SPAS looks like a beast.

TheSeks

Scarecrow said:

It is! Seriously. :lol :lol

Foxtastical said:
Wait, so was the infinite ammo deal fixed in 1.07 or was it fixed randomly? I don't remember official confirmation on it.

If it's anything like the Prestige Hack on PS3, it's just a hotfix. If wasn't a total patch.

It's kinda funny in a sad way how many hacks/glitches there are.

Nelo Ice

Banned
i just completed dominated in tdm almost every game i got at least 20+ kills and under 15 deaths

also at one point i was 27-0 on rust thanks to my predator/harrier/ac130
i could only imagine the destruction if i had chopper gunner equipped :lol

Nelo Ice said:
also at one point i was 27-0 on rust thanks to my predator/harrier/ac130
i could only imagine the destruction if i had chopper gunner equipped :lol
I got 27-1 while playing CTF on Sub Base. Felt like a god. :lol

Only wish I had the nuke equipped. :(

minx

Me and five of my other friends had a game of just dominating noobs. At one point we had 4 harriers in the air. We were playing HQ on Wasteland and didn't capture the last point the whole time. I had a good match of like 42-9 match but my friend got 2 NUKES IN ONE GAME. I REPEAT, 2 NUKES IN ONE GAME!!! :lol :lol :lol He finished something like 83-13 and tried to somehow call in one right after the other but it wouldn't let him

Scarecrow said:

It is, although it fares a lot better with stopping power. With cold blooded, to me at least it usually seems to take two shots, whereas any decent shot with stopping power does the trick. I remember once in the upper shed in Quarry, I had people constantly running in trying to kill me and I managed to rack up 8 kills within about twenty seconds with the things, just by sidestepping and accurate shooting.

That's the thing about the SPAS. It's a beast but you need to aim properly with it. It's not like the rangers or 1887s where close range is practically a WIN button. With the SPAS you need to place those shots well, otherwise you're fucked.

Arjen

minx88 said:
Me and five of my other friends had a game of just dominating noobs. At one point we had 4 harriers in the air. We were playing HQ on Wasteland and didn't capture the last point the whole time. I had a good match of like 42-9 match but my friend got 2 NUKES IN ONE GAME. I REPEAT, 2 NUKES IN ONE GAME!!! :lol :lol :lol He finished something like 83-13 and tried to somehow call in one right after the other but it wouldn't let him

That's just a dick move.

tiddles

The SPAS rocks - I find I don't even need to use Stopping Power to get one hit kills, and the range is incredible... best secondary for me, you can kill more quickly and from greater range than any other of the shotguns, as long as you can aim, of course ;)

aku:jiki

tiddles said:
The SPAS rocks - I find I don't even need to use Stopping Power to get one hit kills, and the range is incredible... best secondary for me, you can kill more quickly and from greater range than any other of the shotguns, as long as you can aim, of course ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3XqbxvHASk

So looking at that video, I see you're not supposed to actually aim with the SPAS? Does the guy even raise the sights once in the entire streak? :lol

_Alkaline_ said:
It is, although it fares a lot better with stopping power. With cold blooded, to me at least it usually seems to take two shots, whereas any decent shot with stopping power does the trick. I remember once in the upper shed in Quarry, I had people constantly running in trying to kill me and I managed to rack up 8 kills within about twenty seconds with the things, just by sidestepping and accurate shooting.

That's the thing about the SPAS. It's a beast but you need to aim properly with it. It's not like the rangers or 1887s where close range is practically a WIN button. With the SPAS you need to place those shots well, otherwise you're fucked.

I find many shotguns are far more useful with stopping power - the Striker especially. Last night I took stopping power off of my CQC class (UMP + Striker) to see how it would go, and it didn't go well at all. I really like the Striker with SP, but I have found that it's not nearly as good as the SPAS in 1-on-1 (but you can quickly clear out a room with it).

But this is making me want to go back to the SPAS again as a primary shotgun...

GodofWine

In private matches, can you open the mics to chat with the other team too? I got a noob at work who just got the game, and I wanna show him around the maps.

I've done this with Warhawk..which is funny to watch noobs try to fly those things :D

divisionbyzorro said:
I find many shotguns are far more useful with stopping power -

I have been running Stopping power and FMJ on everything the last couple days...its glorious.

Top Bottom