• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

spootime

Quick question - If I get a stealth bomber with cold blooded on, die, and switch to a class with danger close pro, will it take advantage of danger close pro?

Biff

spootime said:
Quick question - If I get a stealth bomber with cold blooded on, die, and switch to a class with danger close pro, will it take advantage of danger close pro?
You got it :)

Protip: Use OMA and you can do it without dying!

EazyB

Banned
Eric WK said:
Just had my best match ever. Been playing like shit lately so this was completely out of the blue.

205z1hd.jpg
I'm more impressed that someone went 6-36 and didn't quit. :lol

91 kills is cool too though.

EazyB said:
I'm more impressed that someone went 6-36 and didn't quit. :lol

91 kills is cool too though.
That's only like a .17 K/D. Not too shabby if you asked me.

The most kills I've ever gotten in a match of MW2 was something like 74 or thereabouts. 91 is ridiculous.

Ramirez

How many of those came from Killstreak rewards?

I think the highest I ever got was around 69...Scrapyard is a good map to get a lot of kills if the team is bad. :p

I've now managed to call in 11 nukes all earned playing TDM. The fact I've only ever been nuked once by someone else makes me think that's pretty good going. :D

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
My personal best, Demolition on Scrapyard. You can tell I was still capturing points too. Ended up with a 46 killstreak, which will probably always be my highest. I've never done this good in CoD at all. Was a nice game :lol

21uf53.jpg

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Just played for 30 mins... had to quit. Every game had massive lag. Five or six games straight. It wasn't just me. Everyone was quitting. And I'm never host. Anyone else having problems?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
K2Valor said:
My personal best, Demolition on Scrapyard. You can tell I was still capturing points too. Ended up with a 46 killstreak, which will probably always be my highest. I've never done this good in CoD at all. Was a nice game :lol

21uf53.jpg
How the heck could someone sit through 13-55.

Maximus.

Holy shit. The most amount of kills ive ever seen in one match in MW2 is probably 30ish. I dont even know how you can get upto 90, must be playing against a whole team of weak players or something :lol

NYR

mr_boo said:
FYI, I just discovered a couple of mins ago that Noob Tube = Grenade Launcher Attachment. All this time I thought Noob Tube was HBS (i.e., a small monitor to detect noobs) - lol.
lol. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How many turrets can you have up at a time?

Do they ever die if they aren't taken out with gunfire/knives/airsupport? Like, do they run out ammo?

Because I'm curious what the max turrets out per person limit is so I can do some hilarious turret shit.

Kurachi (or whatever the bus + city + evening setting ) HQ Pro softcore + Two Sentries (Care Package one + Turret package) + Ladders climbing up to that one area near the bus + placing them facing ladders and alleys = :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol RAEP TIEM :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Idiots going to the HQ point down that alley? MOWN!

Idiots climbing up to try to flank my sentry? MOWN!

Me? Sitting there laughing my ass off helping my sentries stay up. Until a bastard outside the sentries range/behind some cover sniped the one facing the point. :( Bastard.

It's too bad killstreaks after death don't count to killstreaks. I had a good 3-4-5-10 combo going. :( I could've gotten my UAV/Care Package/Harrier all in one go. :(

I'll never get past 4-5 kills without dying in a round unless I'm lucky so other KS are useless

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Finally got this game today. Single player's a little weak - it's annoying how stuff isn't explained at all. I kept falling off that ice mountain like 15 times because I couldn't figure out what it wanted me to do other than leftbumper-right bumper, repeat. Then there are times when I'm corneed in an alley or something and the only way to really find out where any of the enemies are is to basically get shot by them, then go hide and recover health before shooting them, one by one. Bloody annoying and really kills the pace.

Multiplayer is pretty addicting though, as promised. It's not as hard to jump in as I imagined it would be, I'm holding my own fairly well among higher tier guys. There's a lot of built-in stuff like "Copycat" that can help you get on their level, even for just a little while, so that's cool. I just don't have the guns yet to really keep up. The duel weilding shotties are doooope.

So, anyone wanna play on XBL tomorrow? Hit me up.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Just got five kills with one javelin rocket! On Quarry, if I start near A, I always wait a few seconds and then launch one at that fenced-in area on the upper level, to the right of the ramp. Usually nets me two or even three kills, but never five — I was shocked when PREDATOR MISSILE immediately popped up. :lol

And that's why I love the javelin. Such destruction if you can predict where the other team will be.

TheSeks said:
Me? Sitting there laughing my ass off helping my sentries stay up.
That's the key right there imo. I don't see enough players defending their sentries so they usually don't add all that much to a battle. At least that's a lesson I've had to learn the hard way.

Insaniac

TheSeks said:
How many turrets can you have up at a time?

Do they ever die if they aren't taken out with gunfire/knives/airsupport? Like, do they run out ammo?

Because I'm curious what the max turrets out per person limit is so I can do some hilarious turret shit.

Kurachi (or whatever the bus + city + evening setting ) HQ Pro softcore + Two Sentries (Care Package one + Turret package) + Ladders climbing up to that one area near the bus + placing them facing ladders and alleys = :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol RAEP TIEM :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Idiots going to the HQ point down that alley? MOWN!

Idiots climbing up to try to flank my sentry? MOWN!

Me? Sitting there laughing my ass off helping my sentries stay up. Until a bastard outside the sentries range/behind some cover sniped the one facing the point. :( Bastard.

It's too bad killstreaks after death don't count to killstreaks. I had a good 3-4-5-10 combo going. :( I could've gotten my UAV/Care Package/Harrier all in one go. :(

I'll never get past 4-5 kills without dying in a round unless I'm lucky so other KS are useless

one time my friend called in 3 sentries and set them up in the little bunker on Wasteland, it was hilarious.

My best match was 68-3 on Terminal thanks to two Chopper Gunners and an enemy team stuck spawning at A.

Not really proud of myself so much as I am disappointed in MW2.

I can't believe some of those scores... it's just simply impossible for things to go that well on PC.

Playing the PC version you guys have no idea what you're up against - videos of awesome games on YouTube just WOULD NOT happen on the PC version.

The highest score I've ever seen (on 3rd prestige now) was 44 kills 2 deaths. Best I've done was 39 - 6 - 8 but none of the killstreaks were over 10...

The dude who got a nuke standing in the bedroom on estate popping people over and over as they ran towards the house.... would NEVER happen... just never would happen, you'd get 3 kills before someone knew what you were up to and stopped you.

To this day, I have not seen a nuke once, and I play various modes... perhaps it's because I notice people on streaks and hunt them down - no one has popped a nuke on me - and i'm going for nukes and just cannot reach that high. Best killstreak is a 24... GAH!

I didn't know the pavelow didn't add to your current streak - what a mofo, no wonder I can never get a nuke I've been using harrier + pavelow for such a long time now.

Starting to set up my custom classes for map types, making the game more enjoyable - and started playing with a headset last night, it makes a WORLD of difference - hardly any in the back kills any more unless someone sneaks up using ninja, but for some reason few people use that.

SitRep Pro is the next on my list of upgrades to want to get, I haven't unlocked that yet - that or OMA Pro.

Scarecrow

I'm slowly getting better at achieving my goal of getting my mario emblem. I've tried the more patient approach, where I don't spastically go for kills, but camp for them. I hardly ever die in a match, but my score is also super low. The best I had was my last match of tonight 7-0.

Also, if I gain 3 killstreaks and then die, then use all of those 3 killstreaks on my next life - do they count towards my killstreak on that life?

razu

DeuceMojo said:
Half the time, if they're pursuing me, that last shot will probably penetrate the corner I'm disappearing behind and put me down.

It might be down to lag. In the time the game takes to decide you were killed you've already made it round the corner on your machine. I guess you could check by watching the killcam - perhaps that gives the definitive "game's idea" of what happened.

CorporalDork said:
Also, if I gain 3 killstreaks and then die, then use all of those 3 killstreaks on my next life - do they count towards my killstreak on that life?

No. It's not like MW1 where you can earn a chopper, die, call said chopper, and earn another chopper.

minx

I am on my 3rd prestige with about 5 days played and have never bothered going for a nuke. Thought I would try it out. I fucked up and choose my sniper class on accident with cold blooded but I stuck with it since I had already gotten 4 kills without dying. So I had to scavenge for enemy weapons so I could have a decent weapon. Note I never use cold blooded and am not used to it AT ALL, and not once did the enemy team throw up a UAV. And this was on Skidrow, not the best map for killstreaks. I had 7 kills to go on after my Chopper Gunner. Every kill after that got more and more intense, my heart was racing. I finally got it. Saw an enemy foot peeking out in the green room and shot him twice with my 50 cal. Felt good man!!! I then started messing around with my killstreaks in between matches and couldn't remember if I still had the nuke equipped for my next match on Underpass. I first got my harrier. I maybe got up to 18 kills with my chopper gunner, and then after awhile what do you know my nuke symbol pops up, biggest surprise ever! :lol Two nuke attempts, two in a row. I think I might retire my nuke streak like that. :D

Scarecrow said:
I'm slowly getting better at achieving my goal of getting my mario emblem. I've tried the more patient approach, where I don't spastically go for kills, but camp for them. I hardly ever die in a match, but my score is also super low. The best I had was my last match of tonight 7-0.

Getting that emblem is INTENSE, when you get to 8 and 9 kills you really start to shake... well worth it IMO :)

minx88 said:
I am on my 3rd prestige with about 5 days played and have never bothered going for a nuke. Thought I would try it out. I fucked up and choose my sniper class on accident with cold blooded but I stuck with it since I had already gotten 4 kills without dying. So I had to scavenge for enemy weapons so I could have a decent weapon. Note I never use cold blooded and am not used to it AT ALL, and not once did the enemy team throw up a UAV. And this was on Skidrow, not the best map for killstreaks. I had 7 kills to go on after my Chopper Gunner. Every kill after that got more and more intense, my heart was racing. I finally got it. Saw an enemy foot peeking out in the green room and shot him twice with my 50 cal. Felt good man!!! I then started messing around with my killstreaks in between matches and couldn't remember if I still had the nuke equipped for my next match on Underpass. I first got my harrier. I maybe got up to 18 kills with my chopper gunner, and then after awhile what do you know my nuke symbol pops up, biggest surprise ever! :lol Two nuke attempts, two in a row. I think I might retire my nuke streak like that. :D

Awesome!

I want to nuke so bad... i can't do it. PC version nuking seems almost impossible for me, I'm gonna have to play so good. Domination or cap the flag is gonna have to be the game mode, and I know I'm not playing for the type of game i'm supposed to but fuck... a nuke in team deathmatch on PC?? Pure impossibility.

aku:jiki

CorporalDork said:
I can't believe some of those scores... it's just simply impossible for things to go that well on PC.

The dude who got a nuke standing in the bedroom on estate popping people over and over as they ran towards the house.... would NEVER happen... just never would happen, you'd get 3 kills before someone knew what you were up to and stopped you.
I love how you bust in here and call all console players too stupid to sniff out campers. Go glorious master race, dude! :lol

razu said:
It might be down to lag. In the time the game takes to decide you were killed you've already made it round the corner on your machine. I guess you could check by watching the killcam - perhaps that gives the definitive "game's idea" of what happened.
As a european, I feel like I've never once made it around the corner. Every single time I see a guy before he sees me and duck into cover, I die and I am not in cover in his killcam. The knife almost never works either. It's getting pretty damn old, IW! Local search please! :(

aku:jiki said:
I love how you bust in here and call all console players too stupid to sniff out campers. Go glorious master race, dude! :lol

As a european, I feel like I've never once made it around the corner. Every single time I see a guy before he sees me and duck into cover, I die and I am not in cover in his killcam. The knife almost never works either. It's getting pretty damn old, IW! Local search please! :(

I'm not at all saying there aren't 'good' players on consoles, but all of the videos that i watch where people pull out nukes are against people who don't know how to play the game.

However, on PC there are no nukes... they never happen, it just doesn't seem possible, i've never seen it nor have any of the 8 people that I play with... so explain that one for me.

CorporalDork said:
I'm not at all saying there aren't 'good' players on consoles, but all of the videos that i watch where people pull out nukes are against people who don't know how to play the game.

However, on PC there are no nukes... they never happen, it just doesn't seem possible, i've never seen it nor have any of the 8 people that I play with... so explain that one for me.
I played on 360 in the beginning, and now I'm playing on PC. Both at about level 50-60, and I have seen plenty of nukes on both.

GodofWine

I have now fallen in love with Wasteland...its such as easy ass map to dominate if you know where to place your cross-hairs.

But man, these last 10 lvls are a grind...and there is hardly anything left to unlock between 60 and 70...just nerfed 1887s, and then some good toys at 70.

GodofWine said:
I have now fallen in love with Wasteland...its such as easy ass map to dominate if you know where to place your cross-hairs.

But man, these last 10 lvls are a grind...and there is hardly anything left to unlock between 60 and 70...just nerfed 1887s, and then some good toys at 70.

You mainly just get a lot of killstreak unlocks as I recall.

Xux said:
F2000 FTW.

Wat.

CorporalDork said:

Let me read between the lines here.

"I'll continue to disparage console users by enclosing my adjectives in quotes ('good' players) while using weak rhetoric to explain that nukes just don't take place in PC land, according to this definitive nine-person microcosm."

Amirite? :lol Seriously though, I wish nukes really didn't take place. I am completely open to every single other killstreak but I think those are straight-up LAME.

aku:jiki

Woohoo, just scored my first nuke! That took unreasonably long compared to everyone else, but oh well, finally pulled it off! My problem forever hasn't been getting from like 15 to 25 with the CG, but to get to 7 to start it all! :lol

Finally I realized that it's kinda easy in Domination. If you're being dominated, just hold the one position you do have and the knife runners will come one by one and try to take it. Probably shouldn't have taken me 7 days of playing to realize that but hell, I normally just play FFA and it's way too hard for me there unless I camp. :lol

This should relieve a lot of pressure when I play. Every time I've equipped the nuke, the pressure's gotten to me! I keep getting to 6, try to take it easy and miss a guy right in front of me. Like every time. Oh well, finally got one! :D

DeuceMojo said:
You forgot the part where all PC players are inherently skilled players who never camp and the opposite is true for all console players.

Who is this guy? :lol

Top Bottom