• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

CorporalDork said:
I'm not at all saying there aren't 'good' players on consoles, but all of the videos that i watch where people pull out nukes are against people who don't know how to play the game.

However, on PC there are no nukes... they never happen, it just doesn't seem possible, i've never seen it nor have any of the 8 people that I play with... so explain that one for me.

Knife spree nuke on PC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ABolGcsX5g

Perhaps the problem is that you're not one of those 'good' players?

Was that too harsh?

You know, for all the talk that blade runners get around here, I'm starting to feel that gun running is more effective. I tried this build out last night:

UMP + Silencer
PP2000 + Silencer
Marathon
Lightweight
Commando
Martyrdom

You can still do crazy knife kills without the tactical knife, and the silencers help keep you quiet on everybody's radar. Use the UMP until it's dry, then use the PP2000 until its dry, and if you're still alive, just knife everybody from there on out. It's a hell of a lot of fun.

Holy shit! The Momentum System is actually being tossed around on Twitter! By people I don't know!

http://twitter.com/IPatientZero/status/7453796255
IPatientZero said:
@fourzerotwo Whats this momentum system that I've been hearing about? Something about getting rid of killstreaks and replacing it with that?

Bowling was quick to respond:

http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/7453981985
fourzerotwo said:
@IPatientZero Sounds like a tall tale of the internet to me.

But of course, GameFAQs picked up on it:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=951944&topic=52957179

The topic reached 17 pages! Never change, GameFAQs.

For those who haven't seen it, here was my original post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19084171&postcount=20146

288np1l.jpg

Our UAV is online!

You could've had the Care Package.

Ok, I know it's been done... :lol

todahawk

Son. Of. A. Bitch.

I pull the nuke out of my killstreak list last night and the next freaking match I tear off a 27 killstreak, a good chunk of those unassisted by rewards.

divisionbyzorro said:
You know, for all the talk that blade runners get around here, I'm starting to feel that gun running is more effective. I tried this build out last night:

UMP + Silencer
PP2000 + Silencer
Marathon
Lightweight
Commando
Martyrdom

You can still do crazy knife kills without the tactical knife, and the silencers help keep you quiet on everybody's radar. Use the UMP until it's dry, then use the PP2000 until its dry, and if you're still alive, just knife everybody from there on out. It's a hell of a lot of fun.

That is the almost the same setup I have that I named "Usain Bolt" :lol I have Akimbo Rangers instead of the PP2000. I had the P90 as my primary for a while, but I found myself knifing more than shooting anyway, so I switched to the UMP

Works like a dream on Afghan in a Ground War Domination match, I knife 75% of the time in this build. Im considering going for tactical knife, but I dont currently have any handgund with Tact. knife unlocked

Question: Does tactical knife and Commando piggyback each other? So I can quickly knife from further away?

greenjerk said:
Son. Of. A. Bitch.

I pull the nuke out of my killstreak list last night and the next freaking match I tear off a 27 killstreak, a good chunk of those unassisted by rewards.
That's why I refuse to change my killstreak setup, even when I have a bunch of matches where I don't get a killstreak over 5. :lol

If I got to 25 and didn't have the nuke, well, my TV would be in pieces.

aku:jiki

KittyKittyBangBang said:
Question: Does tactical knife and Commando piggyback each other? So I can quickly knife from further away?
No, it does the opposite. Tactical Knife has no warp-stabbing at all.

todahawk

Foliorum Viridum said:
That's why I refuse to change my killstreak setup, even when I have a bunch of matches where I don't get a killstreak over 5. :lol

If I got to 25 and didn't have the nuke, well, my TV would be in pieces.

Yeah, I didn't even realize it until after the match. I was about to quit and go to bed when I went to the barracks and saw that my highest kill streak had jumped from 24 to 27.

I'm switching it back and not touching it!

KittyKittyBangBang said:
That is the almost the same setup I have that I named "Usain Bolt" :lol I have Akimbo Rangers instead of the PP2000. I had the P90 as my primary for a while, but I found myself knifing more than shooting anyway, so I switched to the UMP
I'm an akimbo G18 man. In fact, I love those pistols so much I'm thinking of holding out for a headshot emblem before I prestige.

Sielys

aku:jiki said:
No, it does the opposite. Tactical Knife has no warp-stabbing at all.

I sir, refute this. I have gotten plenty of knife warps with my m9/tac knife, which is consequently the best sniper secondary ever.

Also, this really bugs me for some reason, but when you reload with the m9/tac knife, you shove nothing back into the gun. For some reason, the cartridge graphic does not load, so you load your gun with air. As I said, stuff like this doesn't usually bug me, but this is really, really bothering me for some reason.

Sielys said:
I sir, refute this. I have gotten plenty of knife warps with my m9/tac knife, which is consequently the best sniper secondary ever.
There's a tiny, minor warp, yes, but it's smaller than the normal one, rarely works and cannot be added to with Commando.

Then again, maybe I can't really comment on the knife as a european constantly playing on american servers. For me, the knife basically doesn't work at all. :(

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
You guys should read the forum's TOS...

NoeGAF.com Terms of Service

Section III - Rules RE: Posts Within Threads, Replies, Quoting Other Users

b) Thread Posts

iii) Sequential Posts
- a user is prohibited from posting more than two (2) sequential posts (i.e. a running sequence of posts uninterupted by another user's post) for the sole purpose of obtaining a killstreak reward (e.g. UAV, Care Package, Sentry Gun, AC130).
Penalty: first violation will result in a warning. Thereafter a 1 month ban. Such flagrant disregard for the forum and community as a result of the misguided pursuit of individual achievement and accolades warrants this harsh penalty.

divisionbyzorro said:
Nope! I just hang around this thread a lot and you have a distinctive avatar :lol
Hah, I was trying to put Foliorum's av in there and then failed and then tried to stealth edit.

And then failed. :lol

Sielys

DeuceMojo said:
First things first, is this Paul Weller or someone I should know?

Wikipedia said:
Paul Weller (born John William Weller on 25 May 1958) is an English singer-songwriter.

Starting with the Mod/punk-rock band The Jam (1976-1982), Weller then went on to branch out musically to a more soulful style with The Style Council (1983-1989). In 1991 he re-established himself as a successful solo artist, and continues to remain a respected singer, lyricist and guitarist, a fact reaffirmed by his recent awarding of the 2009 BRIT award for 'Best Male Solo Artist'. He has remained a national rather than an international star, which may be unsurprising considering much of his songwriting is rooted in British culture. He is also the principal figure of the 1970s Mod revival and is often referred to as the Modfather.

iii) Sequential Posts
- a user is prohibited from posting more than two (2) sequential posts (i.e. a running sequence of posts uninterupted by another user's post) for the sole purpose of obtaining a killstreak reward (e.g. UAV, Care Package, Sentry Gun, AC130).
Penalty: first violation will result in a warning. Thereafter a 1 month ban. Such flagrant disregard for the forum and community as a result of the misguided pursuit of individual achievement and accolades warrants this harsh penalty.
a. With the notable exception of when pursuing a nuke -- all such nonsensical post and other such forum spam are then politely overlooked.
forgot this part

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Insaniac said:
one time my friend called in 3 sentries and set them up in the little bunker on Wasteland, it was hilarious.

Yeah, some spots if you have multiple sentries in your possession and there is an objective around will lead to some hilarious kills.

snap0212

CorporalDork said:
I can't believe some of those scores... it's just simply impossible for things to go that well on PC.

Playing the PC version you guys have no idea what you're up against - videos of awesome games on YouTube just WOULD NOT happen on the PC version.

The highest score I've ever seen (on 3rd prestige now) was 44 kills 2 deaths. Best I've done was 39 - 6 - 8 but none of the killstreaks were over 10...

The dude who got a nuke standing in the bedroom on estate popping people over and over as they ran towards the house.... would NEVER happen... just never would happen, you'd get 3 kills before someone knew what you were up to and stopped you.

To this day, I have not seen a nuke once, and I play various modes... perhaps it's because I notice people on streaks and hunt them down - no one has popped a nuke on me - and i'm going for nukes and just cannot reach that high. Best killstreak is a 24... GAH!

I didn't know the pavelow didn't add to your current streak - what a mofo, no wonder I can never get a nuke I've been using harrier + pavelow for such a long time now.

Starting to set up my custom classes for map types, making the game more enjoyable - and started playing with a headset last night, it makes a WORLD of difference - hardly any in the back kills any more unless someone sneaks up using ninja, but for some reason few people use that.

SitRep Pro is the next on my list of upgrades to want to get, I haven't unlocked that yet - that or OMA Pro.

Some facts for you:
  • Being good is also possible on the PC. So is being really good.
  • Videos of awesome games happen (on PC). They always did and always will.
  • There are people who are better than you.
  • There are people who are worse than you.
  • There are campers on the PC version of MW2.
  • You can kill people who try to "stop you".

Sielys said:
It's an 8 bit price, and you get it by getting a 10-killstreak without any killstreaks equipped.
I've had only a handful of 10+ killstreaks, and I've cursed myself whenever they've been unaided, but with killstreaks equipped. Why, Jesus, why did I never think of unequipping those???

F#A#Oo

Banned
Someone posted a video of themselves in here with MGS style take downs...anyone got a link? I wanna show a buddy of mine. It's probably one of the best if not the best MW2 video I have seen other then the Imogen Heap one.

EDIT: Nevermind found it...:lol

F#A#Oo said:
Someone posted a video of themselves in here with MGS style take downs...anyone got a link? I wanna show a buddy of mine. It's probably one of the best if not the best MW2 video I have seen other then the Imogen Heap one.

EDIT: Nevermind found it...:lol

Do share !

F#A#Oo said:
I've 100% incorporated this into my playstyle since I saw the video. I always use CB Pro because I'm sick of air support, so if there's a massacre by a control point I can usually cap it by slowly advancing as a "corpse" every time an enemy passes by. :lol

Edit: Reminds me of the best one corpse game I've played... The guy actually shot at me and still gave up and left, despite getting sound effects and shit! :lol

I've 100% incorporated this into my playstyle since I saw the video. I always use CB Pro because I'm sick of air support, so if there's a massacre by a control point I can usually cap it by slowly advancing as a "corpse" every time an enemy passes by. :lol

Edit: Reminds me of the best one corpse game I've played... The guy actually shot at me and still gave up and left, despite getting sound effects and shit! :lol
Never thought of that. What's the best way to look like a corpse? Besides laying down.

winnarps

DeuceMojo said:
Never thought of that. What's the best way to look like a corpse? Besides laying down.

Lay down and spam your weapon cycle button. It throws your body at an angle and makes you more corpse-like. Test it out in a 3rd person match to see how it works.

And of course, equip Cold-blooded Pro.

divisionbyzorro said:

UMP + Silencer
PP2000 + Silencer
Marathon
Lightweight
Commando
Martyrdom

Hah, that's almost exactly the class I have except I use Steady Aim and Pain Killer.

Mostly because I hate knife runners, and Commando will encourage me to be one.

Wee, followed up my first ever nuke with another one a few matches later! This time it was on Karachi, and this one wasn't as easy... I made it to 7 by just running around between B and C and making sure the enemy didn't get B and that our team advanced on C. Hid out and they shot down my harrier after only 2 kills! Shit! Moved out from my waiting spot and lucked out that two guys were running past me up to some balconies.

Went into hiding again to run the CG, but since it was on Karachi it was going slooowly. They didn't shoot it down but at the end I only had 21 kills! It's been years since I've been more nervous, I think. :lol

Took courage and stepped out on a balcony and, very luckily, three guys were down there fighting my team at the end of the street. 24 kills down. I honestly don't even remember #25 as I was just a nervous wreck at that point, but I did continue on and ended the streak at 28. Didn't feel like killing the game only halfway through so played until we had 195-120 and set it off. :D

winnarps said:
Lay down and spam your weapon cycle button. It throws your body at an angle and makes you more corpse-like. Test it out in a 3rd person match to see how it works.

And of course, equip Cold-blooded Pro.

Ninja doesnt hurt either, as if they have a HBS they might catch on

Took courage and stepped out on a balcony and, very luckily, three guys were down there fighting my team at the end of the street. 24 kills down. I honestly don't even remember #25 as I was just a nervous wreck at that point, but I did continue on and ended the streak at 28. Didn't feel like killing the game only halfway through so played until we had 195-120 and set it off. :D

The best time to set off a nuke? After the enemy calls in Harriers, and while they're manning a Chopper Gunner. So demoralizing :)

Wee, followed up my first ever nuke with another one a few matches later! This time it was on Karachi, and this one wasn't as easy... I made it to 7 by just running around between B and C and making sure the enemy didn't get B and that our team advanced on C. Hid out and they shot down my harrier after only 2 kills! Shit! Moved out from my waiting spot and lucked out that two guys were running past me up to some balconies.

Went into hiding again to run the CG, but since it was on Karachi it was going slooowly. They didn't shoot it down but at the end I only had 21 kills! It's been years since I've been more nervous, I think. :lol

I'm so glad your team was winning.

I hate it when some douchenozzle who wasn't helping during Domination turns a 120-195 game into a win.

divisionbyzorro said:
The best time to set off a nuke? After the enemy calls in Harriers, and while they're manning a Chopper Gunner. So demoralizing :)
:lol :lol

So doing that from now on.

Digital Limit said:
I'm so glad your team was winning.

I hate it when some douchenozzle who wasn't helping during Domination turns a 120-195 game into a win.
While I agree, I dunno if you should assume that a nuke from the losers means someone was being lame... My first nuke was while we were losing, but I did obtain it by defending C when we were being destroyed. I was only playing Domination and lucked out that they were all coming from B and just ran into my Striker, wasn't really trying for it more than I normally do.

And if the other team had bothered to check the shack right next to C, they could've stopped the nuke way before it happened as I was chopper gunnering from in there without even hiding that well. :lol

mYm|17|

I played for like 6 hours last night and I finished all of the hardline perk challenge. I finally got that stupid emblem for that perk.

Graf Nudu said:
Played MP on Wasteland today. Got killed, respawned right into the grenade of some guy with a grenade launcher, got killed again.

WTF?
Amazing how the game doesnt check for possible gunfire or something before spawning, halo 3, I spawned between two guys shooting a BR and was headshot instantly :lol

divisionbyzorro said:
What best time to call a nuke is in domination let the other team start to win right when the final points are about to drop... Nuke.

dwin45

Graf Nudu said:
Played MP on Wasteland today. Got killed, respawned right into the grenade of some guy with a grenade launcher, got killed again.

WTF?
Unfortunately, this isn't an uncommon occurrence. Shit like this happens all the time. I hope they eventually re-tweak the spawn points.

practice02 said:
What best time to call a nuke is in domination let the other team start to win right when the final points are about to drop... Nuke.

Um, what happens when it's like 6300-7400 for the other team and you choose the nuke? Does it count when the other team shoots the final guy for the 7500 points? Are you still able to do so, at all?

Graf Nudu said:
Um, what happens when it's like 6300-7400 for the other team and you choose the nuke? Does it count when the other team shoots the final guy for the 7500 points? Are you still able to do so, at all?

Calling in a nuke freezes the score.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I had some of the most annoying games today.

I dunno if it was just shitty lag or what, but my shots were barely registering. I was stood behind some guy lying prone trying to capture a flag and I shot him in the ass, point blank, my legs were literally on top of his. He doesn't die. I shoot again, no death, try to knife and it seems to miss, by then he turns round and kills me.

That kind of shit forced me to switch to my knife class but that was just as bad. I normally knife guys real easy with commando but I would be in some guys face and the knife lunge would miss. I'd have to turn round and try again. Othertimes I'd get the sound effect and animation of the knife stabbing them, then being pulled back out only for the guy to be fine and kill me.

Another blatant example, I sniped something that I thought was a guy in a window. Got nothing so I moved on to find another target. 10 seconds later I get a headshot/longshot alert! Weird bugged out laggy shit. This is why is not healthy to care too much about K:D ratios, sometimes you get slaughtered and there's nothing you can do!

CorporalDork said:
SitRep Pro is the next on my list of upgrades to want to get, I haven't unlocked that yet - that or OMA Pro.

Been trying to get Sitrep pro for a while now, but that is next to impossible to get outside of hardcore mode. In hardcore however, everyone spams explosives, so you can move up that number real quick compared to other modes.

OMA pro is just regular sniper or assualt class. You'll have it no time.

Last stand pro is hard to get too, until you use it with cold-blooded on quarry. It's fun to have three guys walk past you and shoot two of them before the third finally kills you. Last stand pro is awesome though (use equipment). Because most people will walk in to knife you and that's when you reveal your cooked grenade or semtex to take to his friends. Or throwing knife in his face.

Feels good man (note: only for those with k/d ratio under 1)

Top Bottom