• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Scarecrow

grap3fruitman said:
Anything as long as it, uh, kills and didn't come from a care package.
weird. I had set up a sentry gun and was counting as it was wrecking fools and could swear I had got it up to what I needed for my last killstreak reward.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Oh lord, I finally got FMJ for the 1887 today.

Stopping Power + Steady Aim + 1887s w/ Akimbo and FMJ = Fucking heaven, it's like the patch never existed.

minx

I took 3 weeks off because I was at home for the holidays and have been playing all this week to make up for it. Got my K/D ratio from 1.50 to 1.57, not bad considering I have over 16,000 kills. Also got my W/L ratio up to 2.05

Oh yeah, and the ACR is the deadliest thing ever, just wanted to remind everyone

Insaniac

sigh I just can't get a nuke. first time i tried i got a 23 kill streak, couldn't finish it with the chopper gunner, and the second time I get my chopper gunner and it gets shot down too quickly. :(

I'm not even good enough to consistently get the harrier.

kitch9

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Oh lord, I finally got FMJ for the 1887 today.

Stopping Power + Steady Aim + 1887s w/ Akimbo and FMJ = Fucking heaven, it's like the patch never existed.

You can't fucking marathon run everywhere now though. It was that that was the main problem.

minx88 said:
I took 3 weeks off because I was at home for the holidays and have been playing all this week to make up for it. Got my K/D ratio from 1.50 to 1.57, not bad considering I have over 16,000 kills. Also got my W/L ratio up to 2.05

Oh yeah, and the ACR is the deadliest thing ever, just wanted to remind everyone

How do you set your ACR up? Silencer? Stopping power or wat?

FerranMG

kitch9 said:

I'm using a silencer and sometimes the ACOG sights and doing quite well.
Sure I miss some power from time to time, but lately I've been preferring Ninja over Stopping power.
I've noticed I can take more people down being silent with a not so powerful weapon than exposing myself with a more powerful one.

kitch9 said:
You can't fucking marathon run everywhere now though. It was that that was the main problem.

There's no reason why you can't use Marathon. For the build above, I'd personally give up Bling for Marathon, as FMJ doesn't increase normal bullet damage, just penetration damage (damage done to somebody behind a wall). Being able to run at full pelt all the time is much more useful.

The only real difference the 1887 patch has made is that you have to use Stopping Power now to make it as powerful as it was before (or maybe *slightly* less powerful). So you have to give up whatever you had as your second perk.

Anyway, my main build is a tactical knifer class. I'm open to suggestions for improvement, as I revised it heavily last night:

Weapons:
UMP w/ Laser Sight (will change when I unlock other attachments)
M9 w/ Tactical Knife
Flash Bangs x2
Semtex

Perks:
Marathon
Hardline
Commando

Death Streak
Painkiller

Killstreaks:
Harrier Strike
Chopper Gunner
Tactical Nuke

Until last night, I had always used the M21 Sniper Rifle as my primary, and my killstreaks were UAV/Care Package/Sentry Gun. I decided that it wasn't worth keeping the M21, as I barely used it, and I decided to finally try for better killstreaks. In my very first game, I got a 14 killstreak (would have got more, but I could only get 4 kills with Chopper Gunner on account of the fact that it was Karachi, where people are indoors nearly all the time).

I want to get a Nuke at least once, if only to get an emblem/title for it. Then I'll probably go to Predator/Harrier Strike/Chopper Gunner, as that's more practical.

A couple of questions:

1) Any suggestions for a weapon other than the UMP? It has to have maximum mobility, as I need the speed. Also, what attachment should I use?

2) Which is better? Harrier Strike or Attack Helicopter? Harrier Strike has the added advantage of an airstrike beforehand, but the Attack Helicopter seems to be better at shooting people, and it moves around a lot more, meaning it can reach more people, and isn't quite as easy to shoot down.

Harrier Strike is shit. In fast matches you won't hit your enemies with the bombing and the harrier is the easiest thing to shoot down, except for the UAV.

Because I'm trying to get Cold Blooded Pro, I never go out without a Stinger and the harrier is down right after he pops up, when I'm there. :D

FerranMG

Graf Nudu said:
Because I'm trying to get Cold Blooded Pro, I never go out without a Stinger and the harrier is down right after he pops up, when I'm there. :D

I got Cold Blooded Pro yesterday, and out of the 40 killstreaks you have to kill, probably 15 were harriers and 15 uav's. :D

Ben2749 said:
A couple of questions:

1) Any suggestions for a weapon other than the UMP? It has to have maximum mobility, as I need the speed. Also, what attachment should I use?

2) Which is better? Harrier Strike or Attack Helicopter? Harrier Strike has the added advantage of an airstrike beforehand, but the Attack Helicopter seems to be better at shooting people, and it moves around a lot more, meaning it can reach more people, and isn't quite as easy to shoot down.
1. As for a weapon, use any SMG you like the most. I personally would probably take the P90 or anything else cause I hate the UMP.

2. Harrier Strike by far. Attack Helicopter is one of the most useless killstreaks in the game. If someone has a launcher, it will go down before it even reaches the map. Atleast with Harrier, you get an airstrike even if someone takes out the last one immediately.

aku:jiki

Ben2749 said:
The only real difference the 1887 patch has made is that you have to use Stopping Power now to make it as powerful as it was before (or maybe *slightly* less powerful). So you have to give up whatever you had as your second perk.
Sorry, but that's just wrong. They get the pre-patch range back if you Akimbo/FMJ. Nobody's FMJ'ing them to get penetration or more damage, it's about the range.

Graf Nudu said:
Harrier Strike is shit. In fast matches you won't hit your enemies with the bombing and the harrier is the easiest thing to shoot down, except for the UAV.

Because I'm trying to get Cold Blooded Pro, I never go out without a Stinger and the harrier is down right after he pops up, when I'm there.
The fact that you figured out how to counter it means that it's shit? :lol

All killstreaks go down in one shot except CG and AC. Harrier is better if you want to CG/Nuke, because it's faster. An Attack Helicopter is better for winning as it moves around and is harder to follow and shoot down.

aku:jiki said:
Sorry, but that's just wrong. They get the pre-patch range back if you Akimbo/FMJ. Nobody's FMJ'ing them to get penetration or more damage, it's about the range.

The fact that you figured out how to counter it means that it's shit? :lol

All killstreaks go down in one shot except CG and AC. Harrier is better if you want to CG/Nuke, because it's faster. An Attack Helicopter is better for winning as it moves around and is harder to follow and shoot down.

Pavelow?

DRE Fei

In tons of games that I play I am the only one who shoots down air support, so to me the harrier is still good. Even attack helicopter is good.

Does FMJ increase range? That's the first I've heard of it. If that's true, then I guess it's a pretty tough decision between Bling and Marathon. Guess I would go for Bling after all.

DRE Fei said:
In tons of games that I play I am the only one who shoots down air support, so to me the harrier is still good. Even attack helicopter is good.

Yeah, in my experience, it seems air support being left to wreak havoc is more common than them being shot down. It's all down to luck, but it seems to me that most people leave them be.

Aspiring

I never had any idea this game had local multiplayer! I thought it was only co-op! Amazing. 4 of us spent the last 5 hours playing non stop deathmatch! For all this online love nothing beats good local MP. So much fun!

Just a question. How do you connect a PS3 up via system link? We want to try and setup 2 PS3's and 2 TV's. Is it a special cable or does an ethernet cable work? Also can you play 2 players per TV? You know like 2 on one TV and 2 on the other so we can still play 4 players, but Team Deathmatch?

Does the game even support LAN play?

Thanks!

Ben2749 said:
Does FMJ increase range? That's the first I've heard of it. If that's true, then I guess it's a pretty tough decision between Bling and Marathon. Guess I would go for Bling after all.

It's not supposed to, but for the 1887s it puts them back where they used to be.

Meier

minx88 said:

That's wild. What is your play time? I am at around 4,000 kills and have just under 3 days I think.. level 66 or something. I'm sure you must be on at least your 3rd or 4th prestige?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Ran into SometimesI'mEpic while playing yesterday. Rocking the [nGAF] tag like a champ, not unlike myself, so I was able to easily notice him.

Sadly couldn't get more than a game in with him cause my friends were sending me an invite, but we both had respectable games against each other...both going something close to 1.5 K/D for the match.

...just in case you were wondering...I noticed you!

So I've been playing Sabotage today and it really is a joke now... Get yelled at if you even look at the bomb instead of playing for kills and everybody's camping for that streak, but the funny thing is that nobody's succeeding at anything! The worst you see up is a PaveLow and the most kills anybody gets is like 20. If all of these idiots realized that Domination is where it's at for streaking. :lol

It's funny how easy it is to win Sabotage now though. Equip your speed class, run right for the bomb and then straight for their HQ. Defend and win in like a minute. Works almost every god damn time, I can't believe it! :lol

Neverender said:
Don't know what you mean, but I was answering someone asking specifically Harrier or Heli. Still wouldn't use the Pavelow because of the streak glitch myself...

Meier

I actually have never seen a GAF related clan title. My old GT used to be MeierGAF and people were always like "Huh huh, MeierGAY" or "MeierFA*." Are there lots of folks using nGAF?

winnarps said:
Lay down and spam your weapon cycle button. It throws your body at an angle and makes you more corpse-like. Test it out in a 3rd person match to see how it works.

And of course, equip Cold-blooded Pro.
Excellent. Tried this last night. Except I realized this morning that I had only tried this strategy while I was asleep and dreaming. I will try it out of real soon. :lol

Also while dreaming: flipped through the XBL Marketplace and saw "Wings of War: Famous Aces" ready for download, even though its developer went broke and it will never be made. Ahhh, video games for me apparently are the stuff of dreams.

RubxQub

Meier said:
I actually have never seen a GAF related clan title. My old GT used to be MeierGAF and people were always like "Huh huh, MeierGAY" or "MeierFA*." Are there lots of folks using nGAF?
I can say with 100% confidence that at least 2 of us are... :lol

It was cool, though. I would have never known he was there unless he had that tag on. We should organize a day where we all play together and rock the nGAF tag to scare the shit out of our foes or something.

Zeitgeister said:
Been trying to get Sitrep pro for a while now, but that is next to impossible to get outside of hardcore mode.

OMA pro is just regular sniper or assualt class. You'll have it no time.
My least favorite perk, and one of my favorites. I played with Sitrep for like 10 games and got about 2 claymores.

OMA Pro however, is awesome. The ability to flash to rockets or just map over your current class to refill your noob tube gren... errr, I mean to refill your bullets -- it's soooo worth not carrying an often worthless secondary weapon.

RubxQub

DeuceMojo said:
My least favorite perk, and one of my favorites. I played with Sitrep for like 10 games and got about 2 claymores.

OMA Pro however, is awesome. The ability to flash to rockets or just map over your current class to refill your noob tube gren... errr, I mean to refill your bullets -- it's soooo worth not carrying an often worthless secondary weapon.
This is why I love the first 2 perk slots.

My secondary is usually either an AA-12 shotgun with grip or akimbo G18s...and they've done a considerably great job in CQC situations for me...but OMA-style swapping is something that would be great to have.

Force me to make a hard decision that's fair either way. Good balance.

If only they put as much thought into other parts of the game.

So I've been playing Sabotage today and it really is a joke now... Get yelled at if you even look at the bomb instead of playing for kills and everybody's camping for that streak, but the funny thing is that nobody's succeeding at anything! The worst you see up is a PaveLow and the most kills anybody gets is like 20. If all of these idiots realized that Domination is where it's at for streaking. :lol

It's funny how easy it is to win Sabotage now though. Equip your speed class, run right for the bomb and then straight for their HQ. Defend and win in like a minute. Works almost every god damn time, I can't believe it! :lol

Don't know what you mean, but I was answering someone asking specifically Harrier or Heli. Still wouldn't use the Pavelow because of the streak glitch myself...

The pavelow takes more than one missile to take down due to flares.

RubxQub said:
Ran into SometimesI'mEpic while playing yesterday. Rocking the [nGAF] tag like a champ, not unlike myself, so I was able to easily notice him.

Sadly couldn't get more than a game in with him cause my friends were sending me an invite, but we both had respectable games against each other...both going something close to 1.5 K/D for the match.

...just in case you were wondering...I noticed you!
Nice, I play with him all the time. He's banned right now, but I'm sure he would write some cool message here saying how you were a pleasure to play with
or that he owned you, nub

Foliorum Viridum said:
Countless times my girlfriend has screamed "OVER THERE"
Different context, but I am absolutely over people using "here" and "there" when explaining where something is located.

I've got an emergency airdrop I'm putting down...
Where are you dropping it?
Over here.
Oh. THERE. Got it.:lol

Going to conduct the experiment of only using one gun for an entire prestige and see what it does to my overall stats in both wins and k/d.

I’m a sucker for silly/fun ways to kill people.. and then after my stats start to dip I go back to a class Im solid with climb to something good. Rinse, Repeat.

Gonna roll the M4A1 for an entire prestige and see the effect of getting to know a gun.

Biff

NarcissisticJay said:
Going to conduct the experiment of only using one gun for an entire prestige and see what it does to my overall stats in both wins and k/d.

I’m a sucker for silly/fun ways to kill people.. and then after my stats start to dip I go back to a class Im solid with climb to something good. Rinse, Repeat.

Gonna roll the M4A1 for an entire prestige and see the effect of getting to know a gun.
If you can do it, go for it.

I however would crack my disc in half if I was stuck with the M4 for 70 levels, especially when you unlock the ACR :p

todahawk

RubxQub said:
I can say with 100% confidence that at least 2 of us are... :lol

It was cool, though. I would have never known he was there unless he had that tag on. We should organize a day where we all play together and rock the nGAF tag to scare the shit out of our foes or something.

I'm still using nGAF (on PS3) but have not seen a single other person using it. But I've realized that I've been muting everyone so even if someone recognized it I wouldn't hear them anyway...

NarcissisticJay said:

I'm constantly tooling around just to see what's fun and what's not :lol P1L36, 1.15 K/D may not be that impressive, but I love goofing off!

kitch9 said:
It's really easy. Click on primary weapon -> assault rifle -> choose SCAR-H with any attachment. :D

FromTheFuture said:
1. As for a weapon, use any SMG you like the most. I personally would probably take the P90 or anything else cause I hate the UMP.
I don't share the hate for the UMP, I finished mastery and a couple prestige challenges with it (it's super powerful in akimbo mode), but I would highly reccomend P90 or mini Uzi. It's too bad the didn't include the AK74 again, 'cause I loved that thing.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
NarcissisticJay said:

Can we play a vs. match when you decide to do this :)

johnFkennedy said:
The pavelow takes more than one missile to take down due to flares.
Yes, if you use the wrong way to take one down. :)

Shooting it from directly below it (where it can't shoot you as an added bonus) immediately destroys it.

DeuceMojo said:
I've got an emergency airdrop I'm putting down...
Where are you dropping it?
Over here.
Oh. THERE. Got it.:lol
Hey, you're being the stupid one there. "Over here" in this game means "on the flashing green arrow on your map, since it flashes when I speak to you." It's even more efficient if it's a party member, then his arrow is blue! :lol

DeuceMojo said:
I don't share the hate for the UMP, I finished mastery and a couple prestige challenges with it (it's super powerful in akimbo mode), but I would highly reccomend P90 or mini Uzi. It's too bad the didn't include the AK74 again, 'cause I loved that thing.

Am I the only guy who loves the UMP? I have it silenced on my running class and it's so great.

RubxQub

backflip10019 said:
Nice, I play with him all the time. He's banned right now, but I'm sure he would write some cool message here saying how you were a pleasure to play with
or that he owned you, nub
I think I went 26 and 15 to his 19 and 16 in that game if I remember correctly :D

He definintely got me a few times in ways that bothered me, but I gave as much as I took. I could tell he was very competent.

I'll shoot you an invite if I see you on when I'm playing, though. I'm usually with at least 2-3 of my friends. They aren't the best at the game (some are) but they are total morons either, so we'll generally win often.

...I just wish I rolled with them from the start. My W/L is just over 1.00 because I played solo for for 2/3rds of my career in this game.

todahawk

divisionbyzorro said:
Am I the only guy who loves the UMP? I have it silenced on my running class and it's so great.

I keep trying it but I just don't feel comfortable with it. I mastered the P90 and just love it but all the stats look better on the UMP. I just don't do as well with it though.

F#A#Oo

Banned
NarcissisticJay said:

You'll get bored out of your mind.

F#A#Oo said:
You'll get bored out of your mind.
Agreed. It's like my idea of being a sniper throughout the entire prestige... like saying "I wonder what it would be like to play Team Fortress every single day for a month using nothing but the Scout" or something. Bad analogy, there are probably people who do that.

However, I could probably see using the G18 throughout an entire prestige. I swear I can picture the surprise on people's faces every time I round a corner, put about 40 rounds in them, reload, and keep running.

Top Bottom