• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

RavenFox

Banned
rodvik said:
ok I just hit 70 its time for the question.....

For those who have prestiged... do you regret it?

p.s. I am digging my AK and I love all my guns/perks ......BUT ......I really really love collecting titles.
It's actually worth it.

mYm|17| said:
I just got put in one, kinda lame
I played in one too, and then the second match on that server was the same. Both had a guy in it whose name showed up in pink but I'm guessing that's something you get when you prestige x amount of times.

Also, I use [GAF] as my tag but it's pretty useless because my username on XBL is Sir Hound.

DRE Fei

rodvik said:

p.s. I am digging my AK and I love all my guns/perks ......BUT ......I really really love collecting titles.
I'm on my third prestige and pretty close to my fourth and the only weapon I regret having to give up each time is the ACR. The other late weapons aren't all that great to be honest. AK47 is pretty bad for a lvl 70 gun IMO and the 1887s after the patch don't even bother me too much because I mostly prefer the SPAS. I think most of the good weapons (FAMAS, SCAR, UMP, Barrett, Intervention, PP2000, SPAS) are available at the start or close to the start, so it helps balance things out. Basically if you can reach level 30 (which doesn't take that long), everything else is smooth sailing as far as I see it. By 30 you have cold blooded, ninja, and the stinger. That's all you need to deal with most people's bullshit. Furthermore, the prestige challenges help you boost your level faster so it doesn't feel like as much of a grind as the first run through.

mlaz14

I just got put in one of those super fast matches on skidrow. Went like 10-3 before I decided to bail since the rest of my team was getting wrecked. If it was on derail it would of been alright since I could of just sprinted back and forth across the map leveling up marathon and lightweight easily.

mYm|17|

So im in one of those boost games on Afghan and I run so fast that I hit a rock and fly off the map :lol

At least I got that challenge where you gotta fall 30 feet. I was wondering where you had to do that at

mYm|17|

BigJonsson said:
What are the prestige challenges? I'm really thinking I'll just trade in MW2 once I hit 70.......its getting pretty boring

It's just more emblems, titles, and an extra class slot. At least I think that's it

DRE Fei

BigJonsson said:
What are the prestige challenges? I'm really thinking I'll just trade in MW2 once I hit 70.......its getting pretty boring
They're just like the regular gun and boot camp challenges except they're only available when you prestige. If you don't care about titles though, you can just stay at 70. It's not for everyone.

mlaz14 said:
I just got put in one of those super fast matches on skidrow. Went like 10-3 before I decided to bail since the rest of my team was getting wrecked. If it was on derail it would of been alright since I could of just sprinted back and forth across the map leveling up marathon and lightweight easily.

:eek:

I need to get into one of those matches.......still ned Pro for both

corkscrewblow said:
If you play hardcore, it's easily the best gun in the game. I don't use it myself though because I find it way too easy to use so I just stick with the TAR or Mini-Uzi.

I really like the FAL, but why do you consider it the best for hardcore? You have to really aim with the FAL so if someone gets the jump on you or is up close, I would think the FAL is bad for HC. It's not good for panic sprays obviously.

Played about twenty of those boost matches, with the rangers and precise timing you can be virtually unstoppable. The amount of chopper gunners I pulled out tonight...

NeoUltima

rodvik said:
Thanks for the responses gents. gonna take the plunge in a day or two.
Wise choice, game gets very boring w/o prestige...Actually I think it goes to show why people are so addicted to MW and hold its mp in such high regard. It's not so much the gameplay(which lets be real has a lot of issues), but it's the amazing progression system.

aku:jiki

GeneralIroh said:
Ugh im getting sick of the unbalanced game design. Wish there was a mode where the successful players can't summon kill streaks like helicopters or harriers. Whoever thought making the game unfair for people who are having a hard time are morons.
They didn't. The air support is entirely fair; you can hide from it (watch how it travels on the UAV and just go the opposite direction), you can shoot it down or you can just equip ColdBlooded and completely ignore that aspect of the game (except for avoiding team mates when there's an AC130 up).

The only unfair part is that ColdBlooded comes at level 25 and the Stinger is even later, isn't it? That was kinda stupid.

DRE Fei said:
I'm on my third prestige and pretty close to my fourth and the only weapon I regret having to give up each time is the ACR. The other late weapons aren't all that great to be honest. AK47 is pretty bad for a lvl 70 gun IMO and the 1887s after the patch don't even bother me too much because I mostly prefer the SPAS. I think most of the good weapons (FAMAS, SCAR, UMP, Barrett, Intervention, PP2000, SPAS) are available at the start or close to the start, so it helps balance things out. Basically if you can reach level 30 (which doesn't take that long), everything else is smooth sailing as far as I see it. By 30 you have cold blooded, ninja, and the stinger. That's all you need to deal with most people's bullshit. Furthermore, the prestige challenges help you boost your level faster so it doesn't feel like as much of a grind as the first run through.
This. I don't even miss the ACR that much now that I've noticed that an M4 with the silencer equipped kind of feels like an ACR to me. The two big ones I miss when I prestige, and that do turn the first levels into kind of a drag, are ColdBlooded and the Striker. I've just forgotten how to successfully hide from air support since I started using CB and the AA-12 is just not an acceptable replacement for the Striker. Weaker, shorter range, way less ammo, clip empties almost immediately...

Should be getting my Striker back in the first match I play today, woo! Used to prefer the SPAS too, but I feel it gets too held back by the pump. If there's two or more enemies surprising you around a corner, you're almost guaranteed dead if you're holding a SPAS, but you have a solid chance with the Striker. :D

Edit: Don't know if it's just me, but the silenced M4 was a fucking beast! I was 1-3 kills away from nuke in like 5 games after I put that bad boy in there. It just works perfectly for my flanking style and now I feel kinda stupid for not realizing that sooner. :D One match, my Chopper Gunner only made it to 16 kills but I went to 23 manually, then I went out in the open by a flag like a bloody retard instead of tossing my semtex at it. :(

Ecto311

Case said:
Has anyone else been in a glitched match where everyone is running around 100 miles per hour? Shit was crazy.

Ecto311 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpF6BNHAeUs

Here is a video of what I was playing earlier. It shows me trying to kill someone, then it shows their kill cam and the same speed being played back for them. At first I thought it was just me or lag.

I wonder why all of the sudden it's spreading to public matches. I should say "more" public matches. I see this shit all the time online but never get to see it my self.

gibonez said:
Modded Controller :) makes the fal great at all ranges.

SMH. There are no words for people like you.

rodvik said:

I thought I would regret it, but I'm still having fun with it! How else can you get "My Li'l Pwny?"

Oddly enough, the only thing I really miss having is C4, but I'm really close to getting it back!

Xux

We've been through a lot in the past seven levels. Got my 8bit Price emblem with it as my spawn gun, got the first veteran title.

Could probably go for the first veteran emblem given how many games it'll take to get to prestige; I doubt I'll be able to resist the fine piece of machinery that is the AK, though.

DRE Fei

divisionbyzorro said:
Again:
Wat
I've been playing this game pretty much every day since release and I don't think I have ever used the F2000. I don't even think I've seen one on the ground in a match. So strange.

Mik2121

Xux said:
We've been through a lot in the past seven levels. Got my 8bit Price emblem with it as my spawn gun, got the first veteran title.

Could probably go for the first veteran emblem given how many games it'll take to get to prestige; I doubt I'll be able to resist the fine piece of machinery that is the AK, though.

I didn't enjoy the AK47 when I got it. But then again I love my ACR which has no recoil at all, and the AK47 has some massive recoil..

aku:jiki said:
Not very strange at all. Xux up there is the only guy in the world who doesn't think it sucks.

As I said earlier, the F2000 is an AR that wants to be an SMG (kinda like how the FAL is an AR that wants to be a sniper rifle).

I can see how you'd like it, but I'd rather take any of the SMGs with their added mobility over the F2000.

Dina

SMG is not, the recoil on the F2000 is fucking horrible. As far as I can see, it doesn't offer anything over a SCAR, ACR or AK.

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:
I can see how you'd like it, but I'd rather take any of the SMGs with their added mobility over the F2000.

It seems like such a small difference in movement speed to me. I don't really even change play style when I play my FAMAS or my UMP since it seems like its more Marathon than anything that makes me rush and be aggressive.

Ovid

DRE Fei said:
AK47 is pretty bad for a lvl 70 gun IMO and the 1887s after the patch don't even bother me too much because I mostly prefer the SPAS.
Are you crazy? Put a silencer (to help recoil) and Stopping Power on the AK and it owns.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Someone please tell me Rust isn't in the Hardcore HQ Pro map rotation and I was just in a hacked host on the PS3 version. Please. Because that shit is laaaaaaaaame.

Shipment was fun because it was chaos. Now you have shitty spawns in the open with barely any chance to respawn. Thankfully my Sandy Ravage SPAS-12 set-up made the game end after about 15 minutes of attempting to get the HQ's to max. Entire playerbase in that game left shortly after. :D

And Zorro's "troll" still goes on:

http://twitter.com/shadowfang/statuses/7563122246 said:
shadowfang @fourzerotwo rumors are that youre adding a whole new "killstreak" system in, is it true or just BS?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

@fourzerotwo How bout a game mode where there is limited perks, no killstreaks, and all the game modes at random?? MLG VARIENT maybe!!

*epicfacepalm.gif*

Please keep that MLG bullshit in Halo. We don't need it infecting CoD. Thank you.

Mik2121 said:
I didn't enjoy the AK47 when I got it. But then again I love my ACR which has no recoil at all, and the AK47 has some massive recoil..

Yeah, I don't get on with the AK either. No idea why it's unlocked @ lvl70. Maybe they think it's a 'cool' AR or something.

Ramirez

So I got into one of those super fast matches last night on Derail, thought it was lag at first. :lol I was just SMH, this game stuns me every day.

So I have been playing the Hardcore modes but I haven't found any that have no re-spawns. Instead there just delayed re-spawns which seems kind of pointless. Which mode is no-respawn?

X26

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
So I have been playing the Hardcore modes but I haven't found any that have no re-spawns. Instead there just delayed re-spawns which seems kind of pointless. Which mode is no-respawn?

search and destroy

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
BruceLeeRoy said:

Search and Destroy and Hardcore Ricochet: SD

X26

Banned
MarkMclovin said:
Yeah, I don't get on with the AK either. No idea why it's unlocked @ lvl70. Maybe they think it's a 'cool' AR or something.

great iron sights, accuracy, and damage. I find it's the best full auto AR in the game.

BigJonsson said:

Every gun now has its own Veteran and Expert challenges which open up new emblems and titles. These do not reset when you prestige. It also opens up a new Prestige challenge section in the list which are mostly killstreak challenges. Those dont reset either. There are a few more in the prestige section like Stun Vet, Flash Vet, Knife Vet, Stealth(kill enemies with a silenced weapon). These ones reset, but arent that bad to get.

When you prestige, you get so much more XP on your playthroughs because of the extra gun challenges. So youll be getting marksman I-VIII challenges while at the same time you'll be getting the new prestige vet challenges.

Sielys

Alright, burned myself out on DAO, back to COD. That's what I like about multiplayer games, I can't really get tired of them as easily as single player. I love competition.

Anyhoo, has anyone tried to prestige, and then just use one gun to 70? I'm trying that with the intervention, and I've found forcing yourself to use one play style really helps your k/d ratio. I'm getting pretty good at sniping now, almost have fall camo, completed mastery for intervention, and finally got quick-scoping down.

I do have a question about quick-scoping. My friend snipes too, and we both use a different method:

1. This is my quickscoping. See the enemy, start ads (WITHOUT CENTERING IN CROSSHAIRS) , and while the scope is pulling up, twitch the crosshairs towards the enemy. I never really pull the scope up all the way, the screen just starts to turn black (as the moment when the camera transitions from your POV to the scope POV) and then shoot.

2. My friend's method. Center the enemy in the crosshairs, then ADS to pull up the scope, and then fire.

The only real difference is the order you we do it in, it takes about the same time and has about the same accuracy. It feels/looks very different though. I'm just wondering which method is more common, and which method is perceived as "correct", if one is indeed better than the other.

So yea, quickscopers, which method do you use?

(I wrote this post very badly didn't I? Somehow I just couldn't find the right words, sorry)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
BruceLeeRoy said:

SnD. HC SnD.

That's all.

HC SnD is actually pretty fun if you don't have SUPER SERIOUS douchebags in it.

Scarecrow

my roommate and I can't seem to find a way to play split screen online, despite us both having Live. Did they not include that option?

Ramirez

Scarecrow said:
my roommate and I can't seem to find a way to play split screen online, despite us both having Live. Did they not include that option?

Nope, wish Halo was this way, guests just make games super unbalanced and people usually quit out.

scoobs

Man the hackers are running WILD on the PC version... ugh. I don't understand the appeal of having a bot kill everyone for you and not doing anything for yourself. How can that be rewarding?? I got my first nuke and couldn't use it because a hacker set his nuke off first... sweet.

minx

Great example of the shitty spawns. I was playing Domination on Favela and we had A and B. I got a Chopper Gunner and killed two or three people before they all just constantly started spawned in the back corner near all the foliage with that hut that you can't get in. Needless to say my Chopper hovered right above that area and it was one kill every second. It was insane. Ended up getting about 25 kills with the chopper gunner. I would say about 20 of them were from holding down the trigger in the corner. Got my best killstreak of 38. They all quit after that :lol

jedimike

rodvik said:

I would say prestiging even improves your gameplay. When you sit at Lv 70, you start to get lazy and sloppy. When I prestiged, I was forced to play differently since my selection was much more limited. My K/D went from 1.17 to 1.31 after I prestiged and it continues to climb. I imagine I'll just keep leveling up until I get tired of the game.

.nimrod

is there any advantage of using the intervention over the barrett?

on those charts floating around the net they both do the same amount of damage, yet the barrett has more ammo and the intervention takes only a bit less space onscreen.

.nimrod said:
is there any advantage of using the intervention over the barrett?

on those charts floating around the net they both do the same amount of damage, yet the barrett has more ammo and the intervention takes only a bit less space onscreen.

Accuracy is a little better.

Top Bottom