• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

jedimike

I made some boosters rage quit last night. It usually takes one match for me to figure out they are boosting because I'm not constantly monitoring the kills on bottom left. Anyway, these punks are breaking out everything and one of them drops a nuke (on a side note I'v been through about a dozen nukes... none of them were legit).

After the match I send a message to him and his buddy that they better f'in leave, cause they won't be getting any killstreaks. I don't care what my K/D is, I'll do nothing but hunt them down.

Rundown pops up and I know exactly where they'll be; containment boxes in the back. I spawn on the opposite side of the map and by the time I make it back there, they already have 6 kills. I sneak up and see the tactical insertion. Take them out for 3 kills... the two of them, plus the re-kill on the insertion. Sent them a "I told you so message" and they dropped out.

Nothing irritates me more in this game than boosters. I just don't understand why you would waste your time partnering with someone to get killstreaks. How can that be fun? Anytime I see someone with a nuke emblem, I always assume they aren't legit.

I know some people have legit nukes. My highest kilstreak is 27, so I could have had one (but never select nuke for killstreak), but I bet 99% of all nukes dropped are from boosters.

If you get a nuke dropped on you, just look at the leaderboard. If you see someone going 2-27, then you know he was boosting with the leader. Especially when you see the 2-27 person has prestiged. Nobody sucks that bad and goes through the effort of prestiging.

.nimrod said:
does it have less sway or is it more accurate for noscoping?

I don't know, that's what the stats say, when you select the guns. In my opinion the noscoping works better with the intervention.

UFRA said:
Everyone and their mother uses the .50 cal it seems.

Because it's the best sniper gun in the game. And that by a good mile.

.nimrod

Graf Nudu said:
I don't know, that's what the stats say,...

Thanks, but i don't believe those stats :lol
For example, the M1014 is supposed to do more damage and should have more range than the SPAS12, which is certainly not the case.

Graf Nudu said:
Because it's the best sniper gun in the game. And that by a good mile.

Yeah that's what i thought, too. I always see lots of people using the intervention, but i can't see any advantage. Not even the scope comes up quicker :|

F#A#Oo

Banned
Has anyone been following the elpresador video's he been posting post-MW2...I want to find him annoying/irritating (and I should) but he comes off as just being funny.

Animator

UFRA said:
And it sets you apart from all of the stereotypical .50 cal snipers out there.

Everyone and their mother uses the .50 cal it seems.

Thats because its the best sniper rifle in the game. I see zero reason to use intervention over barrett. Barrett has much faster recovery and more ammo. The accuracy difference between barrett and intervention is near zero, I seriously doubt anyone would notice a difference.

ZeroRay

Just had my best game.

Went 46-5 on Highrise. Kinda lucky since I was probably the host + the other team never shot down my air support.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Called in Care package. Standing beside stairs on Skidrow. Enemy turns corner, care package drops and kills him :lol I spawn again, and this time it crushes me and the man steals my harrier. Oh man.

Completed story, and it was fun, but much shorter than I thought and the story made little sense at all. Strange pacing of events that escalated. Multiplayer is so good, still. This and H3/Reach will keep me gaming for the foreseeable future.

Sielys

Host advantage is effin insane :lol

Just wired my Ps3 directly to router instead of wireless about 3 weeks ago, been getting host a lot. My k/d ratio has gone up from 1.6 to 1.9. It's been steadily on the rise anyway, but this has caused it to jump up.

Also: Where is everyone getting these awesome scribblenauts-esque avatars!?

Sielys said:
Also: Where is everyone getting these awesome scribblenauts-esque avatars!?

There was a thread for it a while back. You missed it.

And as far as nukes go, I think I'm about ready to just give up on the whole thing. I really want the icon (just because I'll want the entire collection eventually), but I guess I just have to resign myself to not getting it. I'm currently going with the "just roll with the nuke equipped and it'll happen eventually" mentality, but it's hard to not think about it.

Yeah...nukes are lame...

Donos

F#A#Oo said:
Has anyone been following the elpresador video's he been posting post-MW2...I want to find him annoying/irritating (and I should) but he comes off as just being funny.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ELPRESADOR#p/u/5/u91LVZiYsuk

^^^^ I was in tears. The sound of the toygun :lol :lol :lol

I don't give a **** if he is a viral guy or just a lunatic, some of his videos are just funny. i didn't watch them all. He bring's some fanboys in total rage though.

He also has some points about MW2 (camping) that i agree with.

Sielys

divisionbyzorro said:
I'm currently going with the "just roll with the nuke equipped and it'll happen eventually" mentality, but it's hard to not think about it.

Yeah...nukes are lame...

This x1000. Get to my 7 killstreak. Heart starts pounding, slide to edge of seat. Start twitching at every shadow in the game. And then there's the instance where you get out of choppper gunner and only need 1 or 3 more kills. It's nerve wracking.

.nimrod

divisionbyzorro said:
There was a thread for it a while back. You missed it.

And as far as nukes go, I think I'm about ready to just give up on the whole thing. I really want the icon (just because I'll want the entire collection eventually), but I guess I just have to resign myself to not getting it. I'm currently going with the "just roll with the nuke equipped and it'll happen eventually" mentality, but it's hard to not think about it.

Yeah...nukes are lame...

i actually have more fun not chasing nukes, plus you'll get more kills with something like predator-harrier-pave low.
since i equipped other killstreaks i had way more games with a KDR above 10. you'll also more often catch the enemy off guard by doing stupid/funny things :)

KaYotiX

Banned
jedimike said:
I made some boosters rage quit last night. It usually takes one match for me to figure out they are boosting because I'm not constantly monitoring the kills on bottom left. Anyway, these punks are breaking out everything and one of them drops a nuke (on a side note I'v been through about a dozen nukes... none of them were legit).

After the match I send a message to him and his buddy that they better f'in leave, cause they won't be getting any killstreaks. I don't care what my K/D is, I'll do nothing but hunt them down.

Rundown pops up and I know exactly where they'll be; containment boxes in the back. I spawn on the opposite side of the map and by the time I make it back there, they already have 6 kills. I sneak up and see the tactical insertion. Take them out for 3 kills... the two of them, plus the re-kill on the insertion. Sent them a "I told you so message" and they dropped out.

Nothing irritates me more in this game than boosters. I just don't understand why you would waste your time partnering with someone to get killstreaks. How can that be fun? Anytime I see someone with a nuke emblem, I always assume they aren't legit.

I know some people have legit nukes. My highest kilstreak is 27, so I could have had one (but never select nuke for killstreak), but I bet 99% of all nukes dropped are from boosters.

If you get a nuke dropped on you, just look at the leaderboard. If you see someone going 2-27, then you know he was boosting with the leader. Especially when you see the 2-27 person has prestiged. Nobody sucks that bad and goes through the effort of prestiging.

Ive gotten about 20 nukes ALL LEGIT. i think your 99% is a little high buddy.....and also i hate ppl who boost to get them. Its not that hard.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Stopped a couple of nuke boosters, today. One of which was the tactical insert person on my team. Too bad I couldn't Darkbringer in Hardcore HQ. :(

One Man Army + Famas/Nade Launcher + Frag Nade + Danger Close = MASTERTROLLFACE.jpg Hilarious to get Double-Triple kills in Skidrow with this sucker. IW really should patch it to where it changes class instead of selecting the same class (of course, this means someone will just copy the class to a different class and switch between them) to stop the Grenade Launcher spam. Esp. when you hit OMA Pro where it's a matter of seconds before you get a fully reloaded launcher. :lol

Donos said:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ELPRESADOR#p/u/5/u91LVZiYsuk

^^^^ I was in tears. The sound of the toygun :lol :lol :lol

I don't give a **** if he is a viral guy or just a lunatic, some of his videos are just funny. i didn't watch them all. He bring's some fanboys in total rage though.

He also has some points about MW2 (camping) that i agree with.

Holy shit. I just watched the "simulation" in the woods, and "Post Game Thoughts", and I burst out laughing. This guy is insane. I also don't care if he's putting it on for the camera; he's fucking hilarious. :lol

fatty

How does the system link work for this game, are you able to do multiple people per screen like normal multiplayer or does system link require one person per console?

TheSeks

fatty said:
How does the system link work for this game, are you able to do multiple people per screen like normal multiplayer or does system link require one person per console?

If it's anything like Halo...

4 players per console. PS3 + Cross-over cable (for two players) or router/ethernet cables (2 consoles or more) + number of TV's.

TheSeks said:
Stopped a couple of nuke boosters, today. One of which was the tactical insert person on my team. Too bad I couldn't Darkbringer in Hardcore HQ. :(

One Man Army + Famas/Nade Launcher + Frag Nade + Danger Close = MASTERTROLLFACE.jpg Hilarious to get Double-Triple kills in Skidrow with this sucker. IW really should patch it to where it changes class instead of selecting the same class (of course, this means someone will just copy the class to a different class and switch between them) to stop the Grenade Launcher spam. Esp. when you hit OMA Pro where it's a matter of seconds before you get a fully reloaded launcher. :lol

Just use Scavanger instead of OMA. Much easier imho. Plus you get to keep your secondary.

Cobra84

fatty said:
One per console, making it worthless.

fatty

Cobra84 said:
One per console, making it worthless.

That really sucks. We were playing the other day 3 to a TV and having a blast and was planning on inviting more over to do a LAN party. Guess that ends that.

TheSeks

Bumblebeetuna said:
Just use Scavanger instead of OMA. Much easier imho. Plus you get to keep your secondary.

Scavenger requires getting close to dead bodies. While OMA reloads after a 5 second wait. This + Danger Close + Nades = double/triple kills at a time. As opposed to double-triple kills, rushing foward only to be 'naded by someone in retaliation. :lol

On a smaller map like Skidrow/confined spaces OMA + 'nades will feed your killstreak like woah if you have a team keeping you alive so the enemy doesn't flank you as you insta reload your launcher.

Unless you're just camping, Scavenger is easy to use. Simply moving around the map keeps you in constant supply of nades and noob tube ammo. I used OMA on my first run through the MP, I just got tired of being stuck with crappy teammates who never shot down enemy aircraft. Plus people I went up against were rarely bad enough to let me sit in a corner and resupply over and over.

Sometimes though, it seems to not want to fully restock my supply of M203 rounds. Like, if I have discharged my M203 and then switched back to the gun, I have to activate the M203 again before it will pick up another round. Or, if I have 1 M203 round left but it's not loaded into the gun, I have to switch to the M203 and let it reload before it will pick up any more rounds for it. This seems like an issue with the FAMAS, which I am using through this prestige, but I never seemed to have that issue with the M4 or M16.

KaYotiX said:
Ive gotten about 20 nukes ALL LEGIT. i think your 99% is a little high buddy.....and also i hate ppl who boost to get them. Its not that hard.

Out of curiosity, what's your total playtime and build that you use?

I keep getting so close...I played for a couple hours today, managed multiple harriers and a couple chopper gunners, but no nukes. I just find the game to not be all that fun when going for nukes, but I really want the emblem!

divisionbyzorro said:

I keep getting so close...I played for a couple hours today, managed multiple harriers and a couple chopper gunners, but no nukes. I just find the game to not be all that fun when going for nukes, but I really want the emblem!

Yeah, I only started trying to go for Nukes a couple of days ago, and even though I'm only planning on trying for one, and I've come close a couple of times, I'm already considering giving it up, as if I try for too long, I'll likely get stubborn and will refuse to quit until I finally do get one. And if that takes a while, I'll be in for a frustrating and agonising time.

Also, as has already been said, so many people have boosted to get Nukes, that having the emblem isn't all that impressive anymore. Sure, you'd know that you earned a Nuke legit, but is that alone worth the effort?

fatty said:
That really sucks. We were playing the other day 3 to a TV and having a blast and was planning on inviting more over to do a LAN party. Guess that ends that.

We planned to do the same at a buddy's house a couple of weeks after the game came out. Everyone assumed it was just like Halo so we pack up a huge tv and truck it over to my friend's house only to find 1 v 1 system link. Fk'n IW.

divisionbyzorro said:

Felt the same way, got my 10th nuke and prestiged.

aku:jiki

I just had a killcam I should've recorded and sent to IW or something... It was like the perfect example for the FUBAR spawning. I stab a guy on Sub Base, and proceed forward into an open hallway and stab his teammate on the way through the hallway. So far so good.

Then the first guy respawns in the hallway, with me in his crosshair stuck in my stabbing animation. All he had to do was pull RT! Which he did! Fuck! :(

The nuke really isnt that big a deal. In all the time I was playing the game, I have only seen 3 nukes, and they were all mine, all in the course of a single afternoon. Maybe its just the fact that I play so much deathmatch and groundwar instead of domination or whatever, but I have run into boosters maybe three, four times with close to 9 days played. My experience just seems to be completely different from everybody else here. It was the same with the Rust infinite ammo glitch and the "entire teams of 1887s", just didnt happen to me much at all. Guess Im just lucky, or you guys are blowing it way out of proportion.

As for guys asking nuke builds, I used M16/silencer w Claymore, Smoke, OMA, Stopping Power, Ninja. Two on Rundown, majority of the first seven kills came from the bridge by the grassy field/marsh, one on Wasteland from hanging out in the car and tank wreck area. And yeah, I pretty much just camped to get them.

Important: shoot down any UAVs that pop up. M16 with stopping power can drop a UAV with 8 bursts, so shoot it down and then OMA your ammo back. The harder it is for them to find you (hence the silencer/ninja) the easier it is for you to survive the laptop. Once I hit Harrier I usually set up a second OMA class with Cold-Blooded and Ninja for the Chopper Gunner. Oh, and you also need luck and/or a stupid opponent who doesnt shoot your shit down.

EDIT: Damn, if only I had thought to bold it first. Because that really was the most important sentence.

Pyke Presco said:
The nuke really isnt that big a deal. In all the time I was playing the game, I have only seen 3 nukes, and they were all mine, all in the course of a single afternoon. Maybe its just the fact that I play so much deathmatch and groundwar instead of domination or whatever, but I have run into boosters maybe three, four times with close to 9 days played. My experience just seems to be completely different from everybody else here. It was the same with the Rust infinite ammo glitch and the "entire teams of 1887s", just didnt happen to me much at all. Guess Im just lucky, or you guys are blowing it way out of proportion.

As for guys asking nuke builds, I used M16/silencer w Claymore, Smoke, OMA, Stopping Power, Ninja. Two on Rundown, majority of the first seven kills came from the bridge by the grassy field/marsh, one on Wasteland from hanging out in the car and tank wreck area. And yeah, I pretty much just camped to get them.

Important: shoot down any UAVs that pop up. M16 with stopping power can drop a UAV with 8 bursts, so shoot it down and then OMA your ammo back. The harder it is for them to find you (hence the silencer/ninja) the easier it is for you to survive the laptop. Once I hit Harrier I usually set up a second OMA class with Cold-Blooded and Ninja for the Chopper Gunner. Oh, and you also need luck and/or a stupid opponent who doesnt shoot your shit down.

I went ahead and bolded the really important parts of your post.

KaYotiX

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:

Total playtime is 9 days
When i got my Nuke emblem i did this loadout
Famas, claymores,flashbangs.....Scavenger Pro/hardline/Ninja pro. Then it was Harrier,Chopper Gunner, Nuke.

Got my emblem a long time ago and i now use cold blooded instead of hardline and i use all the Killstreaks but not the Nuke anymore.

I use my Gold Famas Emblem and The Grim Reaper title, untill i get 240 more headshots with the Famas then ill use the gold Famas title :D

Biff

aku:jiki said:
I just had a killcam I should've recorded and sent to IW or something... It was like the perfect example for the FUBAR spawning. I stab a guy on Sub Base, and proceed forward into an open hallway and stab his teammate on the way through the hallway. So far so good.

Then the first guy respawns in the hallway, with me in his crosshair stuck in my stabbing animation. All he had to do was pull RT! Which he did! Fuck! :(
IW doesn't give a shit about us.

/thread

Did I just /thread a 20,000+ post thread? You bet your sweet ass I did.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Just had the most ridiculous game of Domination I've ever played. Almost every player on the other team was just playing for kills — they barely even attempted to capture any points other than the one they got first. They were calling in ridiculous air support (because several of them were camping), and only one person on my team had a positive K/D ratio, but we won like 200-75. The game ended super fast because we held all three flags for so long with no problem.

Cruzader

Banned
So I've been playing this and its good. Sucks that the matchmaking sucks. I was level 1-10 and was going against lvl 50-70. WTF? I though I was supposed to be placed with ppls my rank? ANyhow Im level 23 or so kicking ass now. Your always at a disadvantage but who cares really.

And there's zero way to remove auto aim? God this game uses too much auto aim. Like you can tell. Its so obvious. Havent tried Hardcore mode or whatever it is. Maybe that has less auto aim.

TheSeks

Cruzader said:
Havent tried Hardcore mode or whatever it is. Maybe that has less auto aim.

No, it doesn't. It's the same amount.

Also next time you play, we really need to play Hardcore. I find it soooo much more fun (even with my disabled ass) in comparison to the sooooo passe team deathmatch.

Rayme

Those glitched, viral, super-sprint games on X360 should be disappearing, now. You might run into the odd one or two tonight, but they'll get choked off pretty quickly.

Cruzader said:
I was level 1-10 and was going against lvl 50-70. WTF? I though I was supposed to be placed with ppls my rank? ANyhow Im level 23 or so kicking ass now. Your always at a disadvantage but who cares really.
Matchmaking works off of (perceived) skill, not rank. You can be level 70 but still suck pretty hard (for example: me), or the opposite.

Cruzader

Banned
Rayme said:
Those glitched, viral, super-sprint games on X360 should be disappearing, now. You might run into the odd one or two tonight, but they'll get choked off pretty quickly.

Matchmaking works off of (perceived) skill, not rank. You can be level 70 but still suck pretty hard (for example: me), or the opposite.

Even with great gaming skills I was getting murdered left and right since the higher lvl ppls had way better weapons and scopes. Without those, no one is good. Also the double shotgun bitches are the worst. No skill+1 shot kill? yea...

And yes Sekoku, we should play Hardcore mode next time. I told you we could play something else if you wanted.

So I've run into two Harriers tonight that just could not be shot down with Stingers. Our team sent 5 or 6 missiles at the thing in two different matches and they kept missing or it kept dropping flares (they don't even have flares do they??). I know I shot two straight missiles at it that totally missed. This was on Wasteland too. Not exactly much to get in our way. We eventually shot it down with rifle fire. Has anyone seen this? I pray to God it's not some new infinite flares glitch or something.

Cruzader said:
Even with great gaming skills I was getting murdered left and right since the higher lvl ppls had way better weapons and scopes. Without those, no one is good. Also the double shotgun bitches are the worst. No skill+1 shot kill? yea...

You'd be a fool to bring anything but a shotgun or dual g18s in close-quarters. If you get downed by dual rangers or 1887s it's your own fault. If you don't want shotgun fights, stay away from corridors and stay in large spaces, where those guns are practically useless.

BolognaSoup said:
So I've run into two Harriers tonight that just could not be shot down with Stingers. Our team sent 5 or 6 missiles at the thing in two different matches and they kept missing or it kept dropping flares (they don't even have flares do they??). I know I show two straight missiles at it that totally missed. This was on Wasteland too. Not exactly much to get in our way. We eventually shot it down with rifle fire. Has anyone seen this? I pray to God it's not some new infinite flares glitch or something.

Only place I consiistently have trouble with the harrier is when I am by boathouse on Estate, no matter how many rockets I shoot at the thing it goes wide. Probably just bad luck on your part, I've seen the same thing happen every once in a while on other maps.

jedimike

Cruzader said:

That's not really true... the M4A1 is a damn good AR and I believe you start with PP2000's for a secondary. As far as weapon power, you're equally matched. The only real advantage higher level people have is advanced perks and map knowledge.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Quarry, a map that I hated at first, has become one of my top three favorites (along with Terminal and Highrise). I'm not sure what happened, but I love it, especially for Domination games.

Mileena

Banned
Cruzader said:
Sorry but you're completely wrong. UMP and Famas are available from the start and they're two of the best weapons in the game. You also get the SCAR at level 8 and TAR at 20 so there's plenty of great guns to choose from early on.

Cruzader said:

And yes Sekoku, we should play Hardcore mode next time. I told you we could play something else if you wanted.
Maybe your "great gaming skills" aren't as great as you think. What a joke.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
vatstep said:
Quarry, a map that I hated at first, has become one of my top three favorites (along with Terminal and Highrise). I'm not sure what happened, but I love it, especially for Domination games.

These are honestly the only three maps I enjoy.

Derail, Wasteland, Karachi, Rundown, Estate (Especially estate) etc. are worthless.

Top Bottom