• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

RavenHawk

Good news on the prestige challenges. I was having a hard time deciding whether or not to prestige again before I finished the 2500 for the FAMAS and M4A1. You made my decision a whole lot easier. Thanks!

n0n44m

RubxQub said:
My problem isn't Last Stand in general, it's that the person get's invincibility frames transitioning between standing and sitting.

QFT

it especially sucks in hardcore ... I can see why they have the invincibility frames in regular gamemodes where you'll need quite a number of pistol hits to drop someone, but in hardcore mode ....

worst about it is when you walk into someone with Last Stand on HC, you mow him down with your submachine from point blank range, which results in him taking at least 5 bullets to the stomach (which is like 200+ damage whereas your total health is 30 in HC)

but what happens now is only the first bullet makes him go into Last Stand, the others didn't do anything.
So now he is lying on the floor, you probably walked past him as well, which takes you almost a second to turn and aim down (console version), while he is shooting at your balls/ass from point blank range :mad: RAAAGE

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
n0n44m said:
QFT

it especially sucks in hardcore ... I can see why they have the invincibility frames in regular gamemodes where you'll need quite a number of pistol hits to drop someone, but in hardcore mode ....

worst about it is when you walk into someone with Last Stand on HC, you mow him down with your submachine from point blank range, which results in him taking at least 5 bullets to the stomach (which is like 200+ damage whereas your total health is 30 in HC)

but what happens now is only the first bullet makes him go into Last Stand, the others didn't do anything.
So now he is lying on the floor, you probably walked past him as well, which takes you almost a second to turn and aim down (console version), while he is shooting at your balls/ass from point blank range :mad: RAAAGE
This is exactly the scenario I'm talking about. It's so much more pronounced in HC, too, where normally 2 bullets is all you need, now you're shooting 10.

divisionbyzorro said:
It is my understanding (and I'm only on my first prestige) that all green challenges do not reset when you prestige. That's why some of them are so ridiculous.
So, yes.
Glorious.

Hells yes. Maybe there should be a big F'ING GREEN ASTERISK somewhere in the challenges screen taht says this, but I'm not bitter 'cause I haven't wasted any time. That is freaking awesome news. I'm gonna prestige again as soon as I hit the end of 70.

BTW: I took my Christmas tree down over the weekend. It's probably time for Terminator Lincoln's hat to come off too, eh? Snap. I just saw that Crockett's hat and cane are gone. Time to freshen this up a bit.

n0n44m said:
QFT

If you take out the invincibility frames, the perk is essentially useless. Either call for the perk to go away completely, or just deal with it.

Saddest moment of the weekend:

I'm in Favela, a teammate shoots a guy in an adjacent building, putting him into last stand (I don't see this since I'm in one building, he's in another), and I throw a grenade from my window, through his window and it kills him with a direct impact, sight unseen. Kinda funny, especially on the killcam end, I'm sure.

But I get no Think Fast challenge for it, 'cause I wasn't the guy who put him into Last Stand. Argh. Weep, wail, gnash teeth. I will never get that challenge. :lol

n0n44m

divisionbyzorro said:
If you take out the invincibility frames, the perk is essentially useless. Either call for the perk to go away completely, or just deal with it.

its just that because a single shot can do so much damage in HC, you don't stand a chance in these close-quarter situations

ideal solution for me would be to just not apply Last Stand if you're shot from within ~4 meters , like it will also not be activated by a headshot

I can safely take out a LS player most of the time on regular distances, but they kill me ~90% of the time in these close range scenarios (whereas I'm hitting them with way more bullets/hitpoints in the latter case)

Raide said:
That would be a great addition. No Perks or Killstreaks, even cut out the weapon mods. Maybe just have Silencers.

I think that a special COD4 hardcore mode would be great where the only kill streaks (open to everyone) is UAV at 3, Airstrike at 5, and Helicopter at 7 with no anti air missles. You want to take down a chopper? Do it the old fashioned way with your light machine gun.

OldJadedGamer said:
I think that a special COD4 hardcore mode would be great where the only kill streaks (open to everyone) is UAV at 3, Airstrike at 5, and Helicopter at 7 with no anti air missles. You want to take down a chopper? Do it the old fashioned way with your light machine gun.

I find the new KS balance fascinating in this game. Air support is infinitely more powerful, but also incredibly weak. You can work your ass off for a 7-kill streak and it will do nothing because of one dude with a stinger. Or those Harriers can clean up get 10 kills against idiots. It's definitely a case of feast or famine.

divisionbyzorro said:
I find the new KS balance fascinating in this game. Air support is infinitely more powerful, but also incredibly weak. You can work your ass off for a 7-kill streak and it will do nothing because of one dude with a stinger. Or those Harriers can clean up get 10 kills against idiots. It's definitely a case of feast or famine.
I find the Pavelow to be surprisingly powerful, along with the AC and the Apache, but I like the fact that they all die if enough rockets get fired.

thechemist

Guys iam really struggling to get the nuke, I have two classes i mainly use, these are ACR with silencer, and UMP with silencer both with scavenger, cold blooded and ninja all pro (silenced AA12/ Stinger), i cannot seem to go above 20 kills, my KS are harrier, CG and Nuke. I find it hard to camp lol I have to aways have to move! Any tips?

Biff

thechemist said:
Guys iam really struggling to get the nuke, I have two classes i mainly use, these are ACR with silencer, and UMP with silencer both with scavenger, cold blooded and ninja all pro (silenced AA12/ Stinger), i cannot seem to go above 20 kills, my KS are harrier, CG and Nuke. I find it hard to camp lol I have to aways have to move! Any tips?
So that means you're getting enough kills to hit the Chopper Gunner?

If so, then just keep doing what you're doing. You just need to get a Chopper Gunner against an idiot team who won't shoot it down, or on a ridiculous spawn-into-your-crosshairs map like Afghan, Favela or even Rundown if you trap them in the right area.

thechemist

ChefRamsay said:

If so, then just keep doing what you're doing. You just need to get a Chopper Gunner against an idiot team who won't shoot it down, or on a ridiculous spawn-into-your-crosshairs map like Afghan, Favela or even Rundown if you trap them in the right area.

Yep I do manage to get the chopper gunner, seem to get 5 - 10 kills depending on map, my heartrate hits 200 when i get near 20 lol, then I do something stupid or an ememy spawns behind me. Another question you rekon the my class / perk set ups are good?

cameltoe

thechemist said:

how about you not worry about it and just play the game....

todahawk

ChefRamsay said:

not the OP but thanks.
I've had a 24 KS 4x and a 27 (turned off the nuke right before that match), I just gotta be patient.

aku:jiki

If anything will get me to stop playing and start hating this game, it's the god damn spawning. If it isn't the game insisting that you battle with the same bastard 50 times in a row, causing you unnecessary stress and forcing you to keep checking behind you many more times than you should need to, it's the game deciding that your team just does not get to win this match. Your team has to keep spawning as far away from every single thing as possible while the opponents keep spawning right on top of flags.

I just lost a game at Quarry that we had no chance to win because the game insisted on spawning us at A, even though we had and were holding B and pushing them back. The game just would not let up and give us a chance to fight back and just kept pushing us back by spawning us at A constantly until they managed to inch past us in points and win because the game just wouldn't let us stand a chance at defending B. This is some bullshit and I'm starting to get pretty angry with it. :mad:

ChefRamsay said:

This. If you can't go manually from like 17 kills from a crappy chopper gunner (and most of us can't), don't sweat it and don't even bother trying for 25. For an average player, the nuke really relies on how the CG acts.

If you have trouble getting to 7 kills... Well, it's cheap and everybody will hate you but IW did intend for you to do it. OMA + Noob Tube + not really camping but staying behind your teammates and taking the long shots instead of going CQC = 7 kills very, very easily.

(I swear none of my nukes were obtained this way! I did just have an epic run where I just ran and gunned with the infinite noobtube and I scored like 3 emergency aidrops in one game. Shit is ridiculous. :lol)

Can anyone top my 6 kills from one last stand?:lol
Was downed by the B flag in Skidrow. Dummies kept running into the room never seeing me. I got up and got one last kill before dying. I was better off laying on my back.

cameltoe

CitizenCope said:
Was downed by the B flag in Skidrow. Dummies kept running into the room never seeing me. I got up and got one last kill before dying. I was better off laying on my back.

You dont get back up with last stand....final stand yes, not last stand

thechemist said:
Another question you rekon the my class / perk set ups are good?
It all sounds mostly good and like setups I could use myself, but your secondary choices are pretty strange!

The Stinger is just useless to you if you have CB and are hunting for nukes. It will never help you get a nuke in any way whatsoever, while any other secondary will. If you are playing the role of nuke hunter, you need to let a teammate play the role of anti-air. You cannot be both.

It sounds like you like shotguns, but don't use the AA-12 unless that's all you have unlocked. It sounds and looks awesome, but is the worst shotgun! It has the shortest range, the smallest clip and does the least damage (in my experience). The Striker allows you to "spray" a room in the same way, but does twice the damage, has twice the range, etc. If you have the skill to pull it off, the SPAS-12 is the deadliest choice with the best range and damage.

Fantasmo

RubxQub said:
I watch the kill cam and the guy entered the room and somehow didn't see the guy looking right at him, turned up the stairs to me and shot me down...meanwhile my teammate didn't react, shoot, call him out...nothing.

So frustrating.

I had the PS3 version and no friends. I hated this!!! Then I got the 360 version and I've got a 9 man team. We act like a team now. So much better!

RubxQub said:
AND WHY ISN'T THERE A MASSIVE PETITION TO FIRE BOMB IW OVER THEIR COVER VISIBILITY PROBLEM?!

Tip of someone's head should not = them being able to clearly see and shoot over the cover.

Fix the god damned perspective. Just sync the camera to just below their shoulders instead of the tippy top of their head and everything is fine. Give me a clear target to shoot at so it both makes sense and is a fair fight, while still be advantageous to the person behind cover.

The Last Stand invincibility thing you mentioned bothers me, but this infuriates me!
Why do I get popped when I'm behind cover on my screen? Because the Killcam shows me sticking out like a sore thumb that's why. Ugh.

practice02 said:
Do you know is it the second or third prestige that your weapons don't reset?
divisionbyzorro said:
Sounds like a nasty internet rumor :lol
Has to be. Wait, I know... Your weapons will never reset after you enter 10th prestige. :lol

cameltoe said:
You dont get back up with last stand....final stand yes, not last stand
Oh SNAP. I just had an epiphany. I kept wondering why I would knock some people down into Final Stand, get killed but then eventually get +100. Never realized until just now that these people are actually using Last Stand. Brilliant! :lol

thechemist

aku:jiki said:
It all sounds mostly good and like setups I could use myself, but your secondary choices are pretty strange!

The Stinger is just useless to you if you have CB and are hunting for nukes. It will never help you get a nuke in any way whatsoever, while any other secondary will. If you are playing the role of nuke hunter, you need to let a teammate play the role of anti-air. You cannot be both.

It sounds like you like shotguns, but don't use the AA-12 unless that's all you have unlocked. It sounds and looks awesome, but is the worst shotgun! It has the shortest range, the smallest clip and does the least damage (in my experience). The Striker allows you to "spray" a room in the same way, but does twice the damage, has twice the range, etc. If you have the skill to pull it off, the SPAS-12 is the deadliest choice with the best range and damage.

Hey thanks for the advice! Yep I use the stinger to bring down the enemies air support, your probably should switch it! The reason why i got the AA-12 is because its the only shotgun i got the silencer for lol! Spas-12 is very good only started using it recently.

Thanks ChefRamsay as well!

Victrix

*beard*
Do NOT use a silencer on shotguns. It cuts their already short range to nothing. The SPAS normally has very long range, but with a Silencer, you have to be within spitting distance. The already short range shotguns might as well be gun-knives.

Victrix said:
Do NOT use a silencer on shotguns. It cuts their already short range to nothing. The SPAS normally has very long range, but with a Silencer, you have to be within spitting distance. The already short range shotguns might as well be gun-knives.

This. If you want a silenced secondary, I personally like the PP2000.

Ovid

_Xenon_ said:
He probably was the only one with green bar and everybody else with red/yellow bars. I had that kind of game once and after the match I got 3 XBOX PMs telling me I'm a lag switch faggot. Shitty match making system indeed.
I had someone tell me the same thing on PSN. I never heard of a lag switch before. I googled it and took it as a complement. :D

Insaniac

IW really needs to get their crap together and fix the multiplayer. Not just the glitches and balance, but the significant discrepency between you and opponents. A slight delay can make a huge difference.

Also why do 50% of the games I play start off with choosing the WORST HOST and 30 seconds into the game have to choose a new host (which often ends in the game just ending)

And I think we all know how shitty trying to get a party into the same game is.

Yeef

DeuceMojo said:
Has to be. Wait, I know... Your weapons will never reset after you enter 10th prestige. :lol

Oh SNAP. I just had an epiphany. I kept wondering why I would knock some people down into Final Stand, get killed but then eventually get +100. Never realized until just now that these people are actually using Last Stand. Brilliant! :lol
I found out a couple of weeks ago that any kills in the same life after getting up from Final Stand still count as final stand kills. I was playing a match on Rundown killed two guys in that small sniper room right over the river, but they'd taken off a good chunk of my health. I saw that two more guys were coming for me so I jumped out the window and went into final stand when I landed. Eventually I got back up, went up the stairs and across the bridge, took out one of the two guys who'd been after me as the game winning kill and it gave me credit for the "Last Resort" challenge.

tiddles

CitizenCope said:

How about going into Last Stand / Final Stand just next to an enemy who has just done the same, then having a furious knife fight on the ground (which sadly I lost, but...)?

Yeef said:
I found out a couple of weeks ago that any kills in the same life after getting up from Final Stand still count as final stand kills. I was playing a match on Rundown killed two guys in that small sniper room right over the river, but they'd taken off a good chunk of my health. I saw that two more guys were coming for me so I jumped out the window and went into final stand when I landed. Eventually I got back up, went up the stairs and across the bridge, took out one of the two guys who'd been after me as the game winning kill and it gave me credit for the "Last Resort" challenge.

Those finishing move challenges are the worst. Ugh.

And nothing beats defusing a bomb in Final Stand.

Macattk15

DeuceMojo said:
Saddest moment of the weekend:

I'm in Favela, a teammate shoots a guy in an adjacent building, putting him into last stand (I don't see this since I'm in one building, he's in another), and I throw a grenade from my window, through his window and it kills him with a direct impact, sight unseen. Kinda funny, especially on the killcam end, I'm sure.

But I get no Think Fast challenge for it, 'cause I wasn't the guy who put him into Last Stand. Argh. Weep, wail, gnash teeth. I will never get that challenge. :lol

I did something like that with a Throwing Knife during Domination on Invasion. It was a pretty damn good distance for a chuck too.

I was in the little fort thing at point C and I dropped a guy & put him in Last Stand in the little alleyway where the tank is further down on the road. I poke my head out again and see one of his teammates also there with the other guy in Last Stand kinda not crawling anywhere but both aiming waiting for me to poke my head out.

So I strafe sideways with the Throwing Knife queue'ed and flash across the window and let go of the knife as it crosses the guy in Last Stand. Low and behold about 4 seconds or so later I get the throwing knife kill but was sad that I couldn't watch and see it happen because his teammate was blazing full clip into the window where I was.

Bet that looked cool as shit on the killcam.

17934_418169865453_632885453_106087.jpg

33-4
17934_424138345453_632885453_106656.jpg

24-2

Macattk15 said:
I did something like that with a Throwing Knife during Domination on Invasion. It was a pretty damn good distance for a chuck too.

Bet that looked cool as shit on the killcam.

I'm sure. I have yet to use the throwing knife, and I'm 134 levels into the game. Can't wait though. Nothing beats that Youtube clip where the dude throws his knife over a house and it sticks in someone's back for the game-winning kill. That was like the funniest video game clip I've ever seen.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I wish we could watch all our killcams again after each match! so many times I get a kill and wish I could watch it again.

Macattk15

DeuceMojo said:
I'm sure. I have yet to use the throwing knife, and I'm 134 levels into the game. Can't wait though. Nothing beats that Youtube clip where the dude throws his knife over a house and it sticks in someone's back for the game-winning kill. That was like the funniest video game clip I've ever seen.

Oh I agree. Mine wasn't as cool cause the target wasn't obscured and it wasn't a random toss ... but still to see me just strafe by the tiny window and huck the knife out of it and hit the guy laying on the ground ... damn. Wish it was a last kill thing .. but it was Domination regardless.

I think his buddy came up the stairs and shotgunned me afterwards though :(

tarius1210 said:
I had someone tell me the same thing on PSN. I never heard of a lag switch before. I googled it and took it as a complement. :D
I realize that some people have garbage connections. I realize too that this may affect people with better connections by letting the other player shoot you before he's fully visible, or whatever.

But man, I've got a guy on my team that is ALWAYS talking about yellow bars and red bars and 40 bullets in some guy's chest and lagging and skipping and what the fuck ever, and it's enough to say "STFU, it's an online videogame, not Olympic qualifying, and if your .8 K/D ratio is really suffering that much from this, feel free to go play some Battlefield or something. You know, a game where your average lifespan is about 6 seconds."

There's only like three things in this game I can't stand:

1. Blatant exploits, which will be gone someday.
  2. Unearned, inappropriate shit-talking -- like 14-year-olds talking about rape and your mom's a slut and you're a piece of trash.
  3. Bitching about network connections. Wow. 10 years ago, playing console videogames over the internet was so revolutionary it was like the Second Coming. In 2010, people will bitch to no end about being killed by some guy in Australia. Really? It isn't your job. No one's forcing you through this torture for hours on end. If it's not fun, you really should quit. :lol

Macattk15 said:
Oh I agree. Mine wasn't as cool cause the target wasn't obscured and it wasn't a random toss ... but still to see me just strafe by the tiny window and huck the knife out of it and hit the guy laying on the ground ... damn. Wish it was a last kill thing .. but it was Domination regardless.

I think his buddy came up the stairs and shotgunned me afterwards though :(
Hehehe, but well worth it. Any tips on that knife? Or is it about as non-scientific as aiming a noob tube?

Man, I've been messing with the OMA/noob tube kit since I mentioned it before and it's just a joke! I score like 3 emergency airdrops per match with this beast, and I'm still capping flags! The ridiculous Predator I now have with that class is also fun. :lol :lol

Mileena

Banned
PS3 matchmaking is terrible compared to 360 :/
I just played my first few games on here and 2/3 of them the other team had 3 players for majority of the game. What the hell

Top Bottom