• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

MechDX

aku:jiki said:
Man, I've been messing with the OMA/noob tube kit since I mentioned it before and it's just a joke! I score like 3 emergency airdrops per match with this beast, and I'm still capping flags! The ridiculous Predator I now have with that class is also fun. :lol :lol

I have fun with my "BOOM" set up as well. I love people bitching after games about being a "newb toober".:lol The bonus on airstrikes with Danger Close Pro can sometimes just be insane, makes the Airstrike Perk worth a damn.

Is there anything more satisfying in this game then placing a claymore, forgetting about it for a couple minutes then just see a score pop up on your screen while you're running down a hall?:D

Man, I've been messing with the OMA/noob tube kit since I mentioned it before and it's just a joke! I score like 3 emergency airdrops per match with this beast, and I'm still capping flags! The ridiculous Predator I now have with that class is also fun. :lol :lol

I just unlocked One Man Army last night right as I was finishing for the night (literally on my last match). Priority 1 is getting that thing back to OMA Pro.

I still don't know what green perk I want for that build. I have it on SitRep just for the hell of it right now, but I don't know if that's really what I want. Ninja seems obvious, but boring.

rocksteady1983 said:
After prestige(ing) for the 10th time and completing all ak-47 weapons challenges, IW sends you this in the mail.

http://www.chocolateweapons.com/other-awesome-stuff/ak-47-ice-cube-tray.html

167lgko.jpg

Can't tell if that's a choco-Glock 17 or a choco-HK USP. OK, now that I can see the bottom of the magazine, it's def the Glock. What an awesomely nerdy/psycho gift.

Can't wait to finish all the Barrett .50 challenges.

DeuceMojo said:
Can't tell if that's a choco-Glock 17 or a choco-HK USP. OK, now that I can see the bottom of the magazine, it's def the Glock. What an awesomely nerdy/psycho gift.

Try checking that onto an airplane.

"Honestly, officer, it's just my in-flight snack!"

divisionbyzorro said:
Sounds like a nasty internet rumor :lol
The real nasty one that me going for a couple days was that at Prestige 5, you got 4 Perk slots and at Prestige 10 you got 5 Perk slots.

I was SO excited about the possibility of something like Bling/Scavenger/Stopping Power/Cold-Blooded/Ninja. Sigh.

BigBlue1974 said:
The real nasty one that me going for a couple days was that at Prestige 5, you got 4 Perk slots and at Prestige 10 you got 5 Perk slots.

I was SO excited about the possibility of something like Bling/Scavenger/Stopping Power/Cold-Blooded/Ninja. Sigh.
That is awesome. Same rumor that COD4 had, "once you reach prestige 10, you'll have TWO attachments for your gun!!!!!!"

Lies, damn lies, and leaderboards.

Macattk15 said:
Oh I agree. Mine wasn't as cool cause the target wasn't obscured and it wasn't a random toss ... but still to see me just strafe by the tiny window and huck the knife out of it and hit the guy laying on the ground ... damn. Wish it was a last kill thing .. but it was Domination regardless.

I think his buddy came up the stairs and shotgunned me afterwards though :(

Throwing knifes are AMAZING :lol I killed a mate by throwing one in skidrow from the window that looks down the tunnel on the far right, it flew halfway,bounced and killed him at the other end, I cracked up laughing for a good 2 mins :D

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
DeuceMojo said:
That is awesome. Same rumor that COD4 had, "once you reach prestige 10, you'll have TWO attachments for your gun!!!!!!"

Lies, damn lies, and leaderboards.
Well...we did get Bling Pro in MW2...so maybe in MW3 we'll get the extra perk slots and the rumor will be that when you prestige in MW3 you'll get to akimbo any gun-type that normally is not akimbo'able.

Johnlenham said:
Throwing knifes are AMAZING :lol I killed a mate by throwing one in skidrow from the window that looks down the tunnel on the far right, it flew halfway,bounced and killed him at the other end, I cracked up laughing for a good 2 mins :D
I've seen a few instances of the knife-wielder being chased, getting shot by a few rounds, then turning on a dime, chucking the knife, scoring an insta-kill, then continuing to run... to wherever it is that deadly knife-throwing runners like to go. :lol

RubxQub

I still have no idea why anyone would use throwing knives over grenades other than for showing off or riot shielding.

RubxQub said:
Well...we did get Bling Pro in MW2...so maybe in MW3 we'll get the extra perk slots and the rumor will be that when you prestige in MW3 you'll get to akimbo any gun-type that normally is not akimbo'able.
Akimbo Interventions won't look ridiculous or anything, and are completely real-life plausible. :D

RubxQub

DeuceMojo said:
Akimbo Interventions won't look ridiculous or anything, and are completely real-life plausible. :D
663_5.jpg

RubxQub said:
I still have no idea why anyone would use throwing knives over grenades other than for showing off or riot shielding.
no radar blip if someone is at a distance and you want to murder them throwing knife. what if you notice a good number of people with the blast shield on? Answer: throwing knife. Are the nades reusable? Answer: No, but the throwing knife is.

RubxQub

divisionbyzorro said:
Is that from Eraser? That movie is amazing! :lol
Hell yes it's Eraser :lol
practice02 said:
no radar blip if someone is at a distance and you want to murder them throwing knife. what if you notice a good number of people with the blast shield on? Answer: throwing knife. Are the nades reusable? Answer: No, but the throwing knife is.
Eh, I don't have a single build without Scavenger, so to me, I "reuse" grenades all the time...I pick them up off the corpses of the fools I just blew up, same as you folks do with your knives, not to mention THAT THEY EXPLODE!!!

...and really...who uses a blast shield? I've seen that indicator pop up on my screen maybe 5 times total.

RubxQub said:

Eh, I don't have a single build without Scavenger, so to me, I "reuse" grenades all the time...I pick them up off the corpses of the fools I just blew up, same as you folks do with your knives, not to mention THAT THEY EXPLODE!!!

...and really...who uses a blast shield? I've seen that indicator pop up on my screen maybe 5 times total.
Blast shield is garbage. I would equip throwing knife with a ninja class if I wanted to be a silent badass mofo.

dwin45

Aside from how shitty the auto-aim is in general, has anybody else noticed how it bugs out sometimes? Especially looking up or down stairs. I will be running up the stairs with my gun pointed upwards and a guy will start running down and the auto-aim will suddenly go beserk and make me aim straight down at the floor or something.

Auto-aim and spawn point problems are at the top of my list of things I hope they patch.

RubxQub said:

I use it all the time and has given me the jump on dudes far more often then I though it would. if you start using it u porbably will not take it off. I keep it on my main class.

Loxley

rocksteady1983 said:
do they work pretty well?

Well, the pictures on the site definitely stretch the truth about the quality of the "ice bullets" when they're completely frozen. They're rarely ever perfectly cylindrical in shape, but they're still pretty sweet ;) Here's a pic of the first...eh, "batch" I made after I first got the tray :D

Loxley said:
Well, the pictures on the site definitely stretch the truth about the quality of the "ice bullets" when they're completely frozen. They're rarely ever perfectly cylindrical in shape, but they're still pretty sweet ;) Here's a pic I took after the first time I made'em.

Hah. Interesting. "Do you take one or two ice bullets with your scotch?"

RubxQub

practice02 said:
I use it all the time and has given me the jump on dudes far more often then I though it would. if you start using it u porbably will not take it off. I keep it on my main class.
Do they prevent claymores from blowing you up? Also, do you pretty much kick on the shield and not take it off or what? Do you have enough time between the claymore *click* and getting on the blast shield? If so, I'd probably give them a serious go.

...not sure how much I like the thought of losing my mini-map, though...Not having it in Hardcore is fine because no one has it...but intentionally losing it seems a bit off-putting. I guess it really depends on how quickly I can turn it on/off.

RubxQub said:
Do they prevent claymores from blowing you up? If so, I'd probably give them a serious go.

...not sure how much I like the thought of losing my mini-map, though...
all explosions. and it only takes away the mini map when you have it on right bumper when no one is around and mini map is back.

RubxQub said:
Do they prevent claymores from blowing you up? Also, do you pretty much kick on the shield and not take it off or what? Do you have enough time between the claymore *click* and getting on the blast shield? If so, I'd probably give them a serious go.

...not sure how much I like the thought of losing my mini-map, though...Not having it in Hardcore is fine because no one has it...but intentionally losing it seems a bit off-putting. I guess it really depends on how quickly I can turn it on/off.
Try it, it's instantaneous from what I recall. Dude's got me interested now, I guess.

Still though, someone please explain to me what is the role of shield dude in this game?

jiien

RubxQub said:

I'm pretty sure it clicks on near instantaneously, so if you're prepared, you could probably do it.

Claymores don't really kill that well to begin with though. If you keep moving, you can literally run right past a claymore before it blows up. Though I place them all the time, and get a decent amount of kills with them, I think I've only ever been killed by one maybe once or twice, which is weird. Just my experience, anyway. I use claymores as indicators, not killers. Lets me know if someone is there or not.

RubxQub

Fuck I have to test this now :lol
jiien said:
I'm pretty sure it clicks on near instantaneously, so if you're prepared, you could probably do it.

Claymores don't really kill that well to begin with though. If you keep moving, you can literally run right past a claymore before it blows up. Though I place them all the time, and get a decent amount of kills with them, I think I've only ever been killed by one maybe once or twice, which is weird. Just my experience, anyway. I use claymores as indicators, not killers. Lets me know if someone is there or not.
Oh my God, I get killed by claymores all the fucking time :lol

I'm very much an infiltration type of player, so I'm constantly on the move trying to catch people off guard. I've run past a bunch, but people are getting much much better at placing them.

I'd hate to lose my trusty Semtex (I'm a God with them! A GOD)...but I hate claymores enough that I just may try these out for an extended time and see how much of an affect they have.

DeuceMojo said:
Try it, it's instantaneous from what I recall. Dude's got me interested now, I guess.

Still though, someone please explain to me what is the role of shield dude in this game?
you can put it on pretty fast if I had to guess around a second. also it comes in handy on wasteland

mr_boo

You run with Danger Close + Claymores too right? Having just prestige'ed, I miss that kit.

RubxQub

practice02 said:
you can put it on pretty fast if I had to guess around a second. also it comes in handy on wasteland
A second doesn't sound fast enough to prevent a claymore...but I could always toss it on when entering obvious claymore type locations.

It's worth at least trying.

...but I really don't want to give up my Semtex :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kill enough fools, get three supply drops. Drop-Drop while air is insane.

"AIR SUPPORT IS OVERCROWDED!"

Well, shit...

UAV/Sentry drop. Throw another supply (sentry) out.

Pick up UAV, not knowing a dude was around me. Get killed. FUCK! HE TOOK MY SENTRY GUN!

Respawn. "Challenge complete: HEADS UP!"

:lol :lol Dude must have not seen I threw another drop out and as he was picking my sentry gun up, he got killed by my other Sentry drop. So hilarious as I was running back to pick up the one sentry. (Sadly, I didn't get two sentries to hilarious mow-time people)

RubxQub

corkscrewblow said:
Why the hell do the guns sound so bad in the PS3 version? The 360 ACR sounds nothing like the PS3 one, same with the SCAR.
Wha? Really?

How did you even find this out? :lol

So I'm almost ready to prestige for the first time and I want to make sure there's nothing I'm missing with the M4A1 before I do and it all resets. I have all the attachments for it and have the title but under my challenges for M4A1: Expert VI I'm 174/250 headshots. Is there anything rewarded to you after you do that or am I good to go on that gun?

Mileena

Banned
RubxQub said:
Wha? Really?

How did you even find this out? :lol
Because I've had the 360 version since day one and just got the PS3 version today. I have 10 days on 360 so I know what all the guns sound like. The ACR is the worst offender though, it sounds awful on PS3.

Nizz

I'm getting the urge to play this game on veteran difficulty. I've done hardened and it was cool. Full disclosure, only levels I've beaten on veteran in COD4 was the training, Mile High Club, and everything up to the tv station.

I hated the tv station...

Frillen

Need help:

For some reason I think IW thinks I'm an American, because I ALWAYS get into matches with Americans only (I'm from Europe BTW), which means I have to deal with two yellow bars and a 1 second bullet lag 99% of the time (no wonder why I camp all the time). The only way I can play with Europeans is if I join one of my friend's games. How do I fix this? No offence to you Americans but playing with two yellow bars all the time is ****ing annoying, because I lose 90% of the one on one battles, which means I usually just end up camping, because that's the only way I can get kills. Whenever I play with Europeans though, I have either three or four green bars with almost no bullet lag.

Meier

So..should I buy the Turtle Beach A41s or buy the Astro A40? I have $75 of Amazon credit so I'll probably go with the TBs but just curious on others' thoughts.

Griffith

Banned
Frillen said:
Need help:

For some reason I think IW thinks I'm an American, because I ALWAYS get into matches with Americans only (I'm from Europe BTW), which means I have to deal with two yellow bars and a 1 second bullet lag 99% of the time (no wonder why I camp all the time). The only way I can play with Europeans is if I join one of my friend's games. How do I fix this? No offence to you Americans but playing with two yellow bars all the time is ****ing annoying, because I lose 90% of the one on one battles, which means I usually just end up camping, because that's the only way I can get kills. Whenever I play with Europeans though, I have either three or four green bars with almost no bullet lag.
Unfortunately there's no way to fix it because for some stupid reason IW decided not to add a local search option like World at War had, so for non Americans the game is damn near unplayable at times.

dchavez

Frillen said:
Need help:

Wait for IW to patch the Xbox 360 matchmaking like every player in Australia :-(

fps fanatic said:
I'm getting the urge to play this game on veteran difficulty. I've done hardened and it was cool. Full disclosure, only levels I've beaten on veteran in COD4 was the training, Mile High Club, and everything up to the tv station.

I hated the tv station...

Vet is a joke in MW2. There are no parts as hard as the tv station on vet in this one. :D

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Griffith said:
Unfortunately there's no way to fix it because for some stupid reason IW decided not to add a local search option like World at War had, so for non Americans the game is damn near unplayable at times.
The best part of it is to be offended for not having green bars.

M_A_C

corkscrewblow said:
Why the hell do the guns sound so bad in the PS3 version? The 360 ACR sounds nothing like the PS3 one, same with the SCAR.

The voice chat is hideous compared to the 360 version also.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
So it's been about 2 months since release, got 8+ days of playing time now and my top 3 favorite maps are:

1. Favela
2. Sub Base
3. High Rise

On these maps I'm always just a couple of seconds away from the action. I guess that's why I like them so much.

On the other hand, I despise Estate, Wasteland and Derail. These maps were tailor made for camping, ugh. Hate hate hate hate them

VGChampion said:
So I'm almost ready to prestige for the first time and I want to make sure there's nothing I'm missing with the M4A1 before I do and it all resets. I have all the attachments for it and have the title but under my challenges for M4A1: Expert VI I'm 174/250 headshots. Is there anything rewarded to you after you do that or am I good to go on that gun?

If you've never prestiged before, no - there are additional challenges that only unlock after you've prestiged.

Which I found out after I'd already gotten 250 headshots with the M4.

Dammit. So no, just prestige, and if you want additional titles you'll have to start over from zero (though once the prestige challenges unlock, they don't reset - that's why they cap out at the ridiculous 1000 headshots).

RubxQub

I am so fucking fed up with this fucking game.

I swear to fucking christ, Infinity Ward has figured out every single fucking way to make this game completely fucking stupid and awful. I haven't thrown a god damn controller in over 10 years, and I just fucking threw my god damn controller into the kitchen as hard as I fucking could over all the god damn fucked up bullshit that IW has allowed to happen in this game.

Spawn, insta die.
Spawn, run over there, noob tube.
Spawn, run and hide, speed knifer.
Spawn, predator missile on my head.
Hit a guy into Last Stand, kills me.
Dude with commando invincibility knifes me through my bullets.

Every single fucking awful way that you coudl possibly die in this game, I experienced in less than 3 minutes, and it's so god damned bullshit.

IW needs to fix this fucking game right fucking now.

My apologies for the rant...but holy fuck...I threw a god damned controller over how god damned stupid this game is.

Top Bottom