• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Nizz

kaizoku said:
I use 7 sensitivity....maybe I should try a lower one sometime, but if anything I was thinking of going higher...
Damn, that's pretty high. Having played at 7, I'd think dropping down to maybe 5 and you'd feel like you can't miss.

That happened to me before. I played at 5 then went back to 3 and it seemed like my accuracy was way better since I had gotten a bit used to 5. I just feel I'm a way steadier shot at 3.

I'm the only person I've EVER seen with my emblem. I got it by getting payback 25 times with C4, and it's fuckawesome.

Seasnipers.jpg

shuri

Banned
hunting down boosters is a new mini game for me in FREE-FOR-ALL. I track then down, then place a sentry gun toward them. :lol .. its hilarious as they re-spawn and get instant-gunned down. use the UAV to point points hostile red points that are too close for each other, and then I investigate.

I just did it 5 games in a row on two clowns :lol. Eventually other players started doing it and people were actively chasing them down. The first game had 4 of them piling up together to do it. I would just bombard them non stop with regrandes, and then i would ruin their spot with sentry guns again.. ahhh the joy

F#A#Oo

Banned
Quick questions...

Intervention or Barrett? I use SOH and it seems like the Barrett is slightly quicker or slower to ADS than the Intervention.

Also I've been hearing people online talking about the hit markers in MW2 being different to CoD4...what is/are these hit markers...and why are people complaing and/or using it as an excuse to hate on MW2 (even more :D )

.GqueB.

Banned
So explain this one to me. This guy was crouching holding a smoke grenade the whole time knifing people running about 30 mph... um wut?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
beast786 said:
I actually like this video a lot. The dude is cool about the whole thing, even if he is using a mouse/kb on the PS3 and abusing the shit out of a build...but he posts it online with commentary basically saying "this is all broken".

...doesn't mean I'd totally rage if I was in the game with the dude, but I can respect what he's doing.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
RubxQub said:
I actually like this video a lot. The dude is cool about the whole thing, even if he is using a mouse/kb on the PS3 and abusing the shit out of a build...but he posts it online with commentary basically saying "this is all broken".

...doesn't mean I'd totally rage if I was in the game with the dude, but I can respect what he's doing.
I love his accent. "This shit is re-tarh-dead":lol :lol

But seriously, that game looks totally unplayable. How could IW leave some shit like that in?

.GqueB.

Banned
Griffith said:
Holding a care package marker makes you run faster. Combine it with marathon and lightweight and you can run ridiculously fast.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Looked like a smoke grenade. How was he crouch running though. I thought you couldnt run while crouching? Or am I wrong?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
SpeedingUptoStop said:
I love his accent. "This shit is re-tarh-dead":lol :lol

But seriously, that game looks totally unplayable. How could IW leave some shit like that in?
I've been asking this for quite some time...but the answers never come.

Thankfully LOST is coming soon and I can get my mind raped by professionals instead of these hacks at IW.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
RubxQub said:
I've been asking this for quite some time...but the answers never come.

Thankfully LOST is coming soon and I can get my mind raped by professionals instead of these hacks at IW.
The best part of the video was him saying "I can't stop playing it. I'll probably be playing for a wehile, maybe even the next fuckin' year." :lol I feel the same. When I'm away, I'm like, I don't know why I love this game so. But then I turn on the 360 and I'm sucked right back in.

So, I usually play this with some friends at his place, and usually I get really good games but yesterday was horrible.. we was 1 vs 1 , and I got owned the first 2 times.. I hate scrambler in a split screen so much.. Any tips?

I do so much better online..

Btw... Sorry for any grammar mistakes, english it´s not my 1rst language..

Griffith

Banned
.GqueB. said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Looked like a smoke grenade. How was he crouch running though. I thought you couldnt run while crouching? Or am I wrong?
When using that setup it just makes it look like the person is bent over while running, he wasn't really crouching.

KaYotiX

Banned
RJNavarrete said:
I'm the only person I've EVER seen with my emblem. I got it by getting payback 25 times with C4, and it's fuckawesome.

Seasnipers.jpg

I have it aswell, but i like using my gold famas emblem for 500 headshots with it.

Meier

Man, I had by far my best night ever... 27-3, 25-4, 23-5 amongst other games. One match I earned 44k exp. :lol Obviously most of those came from challenges but damn it felt good.

Should mention, this is with a UAV/Care Package/Predator killstreak set up. I am absolutely in love with the FAMAS. :D

Hyunkel6

KaYotiX said:
I dont get it.....the other entire team was crap.....if he was playing against good players i bet he wouldnt have done so well.

I can tell the other team was shit just becasue they all DIDNT have cold blooded and nobody attempted to shoot down the harrier or the chopper gunner. Boggles my mind
I agree. My harriers usually get instantly shot down, and I'm lucky if my chopper lasts more than 10 seconds. To be fair, in the video, it looked like nobody had time to shoot the chopper since they were being spawn killed in the shop.

KaYotiX

Banned
Hyunkel6 said:
I agree. My harriers usually get instantly shot down, and I'm lucky if my chopper lasts more than 10 seconds. To be fair, in the video, it looked like nobody had time to shoot the chopper since they were being spawn killed in the shop.

True but make a class for AA like i do that has cold blooded when ppl call in Air Support....im glad i play with groups of friends who know how to play the game LOL

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
AlucarD.eq said:
So, I usually play this with some friends at his place, and usually I get really good games but yesterday was horrible.. we was 1 vs 1 , and I got owned the first 2 times.. I hate scrambler in a split screen so much.. Any tips?

I do so much better online..

Btw... Sorry for any grammar mistakes, english it´s not my 1rst language..
If your playing split screen, couldn't you just look at his screen to get around the scrambler problem?

DarkJC

KaYotiX said:
I dont get it.....the other entire team was crap.....if he was playing against good players i bet he wouldnt have done so well.

I can tell the other team was shit just becasue they all DIDNT have cold blooded and nobody attempted to shoot down the harrier or the chopper gunner. Boggles my mind

Did you not notice the retarded spawn system spawning the enemy team straight into chopper gunner fire again and again? Even with cold blooded I'd like to see you shoot it down in that scenario.

edit: not to mention the fact that even if the other team did shoot down the harrier it was pretty obvious he didn't even need those kills to get to the chopper with the infinite tube ammo and danger close claymores

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
KaYotiX said:

Because point B was covered by a harrier and IW's shitty spawns spawned them in the shop for them to be raped even with cold blooded with chopper gunner?

I mean, yeah, "team sucks" because they didn't have someone with anti-air outside on B to cover the harrier taking the point. But seriously: "They suck" because they couldn't stop a chopper gunner that sat on the spawn and raped them?

Cold Blooded WON'T DO SHIT when you spawn in a team area. Sorry, no. You not blinking white doesn't mean shit. In fact anyone with a clue is going to assume you're cold-blooded and proceed to fire on you.

IW needs to a) remove the ability to have OMA on more than one class loadout + not select the OMA class once you choose to OMA b) fix their shitty teamspawn system and c) give us goddamn decent maps.

Oh, wait, they probably won't and this is why they have squandered most of the good will (after blowing me away with CoD4) they got from 4 with this outing.

Not to mention they say they cater to the disabled and remove the "N0M4D" control scheme after having it be a bulletpoint in MW2's runup.

Come back when you stop being the typical MW2 GAF poster feeling like a big man because you somehow got a 20 kill streak against "retarded players" and can see that IW didn't balance for SHIT and that "skill" is laughable in a game that requires only 1-2 bullets to enter a person to kill them.

Nelo Ice

Banned
that video is RIDICULOUS

glad i havent seen that abused....yet
the spawn system is definitely the one thing that really pisses off more than any of the other problems with this game

Cohsae

That video reminded why I stopped playing this about a month ago. My life has been so much happier. Except for the fact that I wasted money on MW2 but oh well. I should have remembered the cardinal rule of online multiplayer games: NEVER buy at launch.

Cohsae said:
That video reminded why I stopped playing this about a month ago. My life has been so much happier. Except for the fact that I wasted money on MW2 but oh well. I should have remembered the cardinal rule of online multiplayer games: NEVER buy at launch.
I also stopped playing because as soon as a game isn't fun I just put it down. And I did have some good times, good rounds where I enjoyed myself, but more often than not I was frustrated, so I traded it in. You infinity ward crazies can hate me all you want for saying this but I loved world at war and I'll give treyarch one chance to make me like the COD series again and if they can't I'm outie.

The video is funny though, especially now that I stopped playing.

-Pyromaniac- said:
I also stopped playing because as soon as a game isn't fun I just put it down. And I did have some good times, good rounds where I enjoyed myself, but more often than not I was frustrated, so I traded it in. You infinity ward crazies can hate me all you want for saying this but I loved world at war and I'll give treyarch one chance to make me like the COD series again and if they can't I'm outie.

The video is funny though, especially now that I stopped playing.

I'm actually really excited to see what Treyarch does with CoD7 after all the changes Infinity Ward made with MW2.

I hope they don't follow in their footsteps and branch their own path here, I have a hunch they will..hopefully. That's all I'll say on that subject, until E3 :D

kitch9

Banned
Spawns are my biggest gripe. That shit got patched in to I think as they weren't like that at the start.

You should spawn at the other side of the map to where you get killed.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
What was the update for today?

Did it make the spawns worse? I was playing in Subbase. Sitting at the top of the stairs at the end of the walkway across from the computer room and a guy spawn on top of me. Literally on top of me. He spawned on top of me, slid down my back and shot me from behind.

NICE!

Then I was playing Rundown and was in the grass near the cantina and watched a guy spawn 5 feet in front of me. He was facing me and was able to pull the trigger and get the kill because I wasn't expecting that to happen.

How is it that the spawn system is getting worse?

Do you guys remember when in Subbase you would spawn on both sides of the map? I can recall spawning all the way over by the sub. Or near the building with the vehicle lift in it. I never ever spawn over there anymore.

What is wrong with this game?

Had my best game ever tonight, 22-5 :D Included a double kill with a claymore when I was nowhere near the building I set it in :lol And of course once I hit 7 kills and was about to pop my harrier I got shot to hell :( Then spawned, activated the harrier and it netted me 8 kills :(

Today, in the one single game, I got both a Chopper Gunner and an AC130 from care packages. That was pretty crazy.

shuri said:
hunting down boosters is a new mini game for me in FREE-FOR-ALL.

I joined a FFA game today and the rest of the players were ALL boosting for this one guy.
But it wasn't for a nuke, he was trying to get a C4 challenge or title I guess.

After a couple of games, a few of the boosters left and some proper players came in. What frustrated me was that I kept getting killed by them on my way to kill the boosters.

dIEHARD said:
So when the crap are we going to get a regular team tactical?

YES and get rid of 3rd person altogether.

ultim8p00

Banned
Ladies and gentlemen, today I discovered the power of the shotgun. One kill away from the nuke and the timer ended. My couch. It is drenched.

rodvik

got my mario price tonight, booted up the PS3 and I figured 'aw shucks I will try it for a few games' ..... got it first game and 'behind enemy lines'.

felt good :) now onto nuke hunting in HC death match, I think this will be a harder task.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
can someone link me to that insane youtube guy who was moaning about this game and taking out trees and stuff? can't seem to track him down on youtube search or searching this thread!

F#A#Oo

Banned
I managed to get the "All Pro" challenge today...

I was on Sub Base and there was 3 guys standing behind each other (sorts of anyways) and I killed all 3 with one quick scope iirc it was only 1 headshot of the 3...the challenge says 2 HS's with one bullet...

It was all luck ofcourse but yeah...I doubt I'll wear the title and emblems as I don't really like them.

F#A#Oo said:
I managed to get the "All Pro" challenge today...

I was on Sub Base and there was 3 guys standing behind each other (sorts of anyways) and I killed all 3 with one quick scope iirc it was only 1 headshot of the 3...the challenge says 2 HS's with one bullet...

It was all luck ofcourse but yeah...I doubt I'll wear the title and emblems as I don't really like them.

During my initial progression, I got All Pro with Akimbo G18s while running through the airplane in Terminal.

I'm working on my first prestige. I got it again the other day with Akimbo Rangers in the tunnels below Highrise :lol

So I was trying really hard to get my first nuke last night. Playing on sub base, HC TDM and yeah, I camped a bit. Got to 7 kills (and) the harrier strike but only got 1 kill out of it, got to 9, unleashed the pave low and got the chopper gunner. Waited for the pave low to finish and got out the gunner. Managed to get to 19 kills but my camp spot was noticed and had to fight against a few people out to get me.

Got to 24 kills, bum twitching like fuck and pretty much waited for someone to walk by for a cheeky as fuck kill, to finally get the nuke. I was on the other side of the map that I've never even seen before as the spawns are terrible. Heard a shot behind me, I ran, turned around. It was a team mate. He was still shooting at me. Then he killed me. The rage inside was so fucking hard, I nearly shit.

Basically I was killed by a team mate because he must have noticed that I had a nuke on the way. Fucking unbelievable. And as I changed my communication settings to friends only, I couldn't send my first abusive message. The fucker left the game straight after too.

I honestly can't believe that it has come to this. Team killing because someone had the chance to get a nuke. I finished the game on around 32-4

Top Bottom