• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

codecow

Lionheart1827 said:
Its funny you mention the higher K/D rates. For the record, I could give two shits about it and I dont see why people care so much about it. But there is a guy I know that would get lit up if he was on the the opposite team as me.:D

My K/D right now on 360 is 1.6 I think. My buddy is at like 2.5. But there is a glaring difference with him and I. He camps, every single round, I dont. His leaderboard score rank is in the 150k and I'm around 30k and hes played about the same amount of time as he. I always call his ass out whenever he brags about his K/D and tell him, "yeah good job sitting in a corner noob."

K/D and to some extent accuracy are the only measures of what may be individual skill that there are. That is why people care about it. In fact, I haven't played a game where I didn't care about it.

Certainly MW2 tries to de-emphasize it, you can't even find the stat without poking around in the leaderboards or doing the division yourself.

codecow said:
K/D and to some extent accuracy are the only measures of what may be individual skill that there are. That is why people care about it. In fact, I haven't played a game where I didn't care about it.

Certainly MW2 tries to de-emphasize it, you can't even find the stat without poking around in the leaderboards or doing the division yourself.
My K:D is 1.08, but my winning ratio is 3.5, accuracy is like 16%. It's not all about any one statistic, and to find someone who is stunning - you need to look at all of their categories.

aku:jiki said:
One Man Army. Meaning you hang back and fire lucky noobtubes at corners enemies are trying to sneak around, then duck down and refill your tubes and do it again.

It has plenty of good uses outside of the Toob build as well:

• Quickly switch to Anti-Air in case of emergency (sadly you can't switch back since you'll have a Stinger in your secondary slot).
  • Switch to a stealth build when a UAV is up; switch back when it's gone.
  • Switch to a build with Hardline when you're at 5 kills to get Harriers at 6 (or, you know, whatever other KS you're looking for).
  • Drop a tactical insertion and then switch to a kit without TI to use a TI and a claymore.

If you put OMA in all of your main builds, you'll find that you have a lot of newfound flexibility.

winnarps

Lionheart1827 said:
Its funny you mention the higher K/D rates. For the record, I could give two shits about it and I dont see why people care so much about it. But there is a guy I know that would get lit up if he was on the the opposite team as me.:D

My K/D right now on 360 is 1.6 I think. My buddy is at like 2.5. But there is a glaring difference with him and I. He camps, every single round, I dont. His leaderboard score rank is in the 150k and I'm around 30k and hes played about the same amount of time as he. I always call his ass out whenever he brags about his K/D and tell him, "yeah good job sitting in a corner noob."

I've got a few friends that are the same way. I'm 1.7 myself and I don't camp that much. One friend is 1.95 and another is 2.2. When we play objective gametypes, guess who's the one running for the flag/capture point.

Thing is, I know I can beat them 1v1. Their skill levels aren't anything to write home about; they just know how to camp properly and never put themselves at risk.

divisionbyzorro said:
If you put OMA in all of your main builds, you'll find that you have a lot of newfound flexibility.

Definitely. I skipped out on using it my first couple of prestiges, but after using it now for the past week, it's insanely powerful. Especially because it reloads all ammo/equipment.

TacIns + 2 claymores in the house on Estate = hilarious.

Mileena

Banned
Accuracy is probably the least important stat. I have a low accuracy but really good aim because I spam walls every game having played CS for 7 years. k/d certainly shows some kind of skill because you're not going to see a terrible player with a 2.0 k/d no matter how much he camps.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
divisionbyzorro said:

• Quickly switch to Anti-Air in case of emergency (sadly you can't switch back since you'll have a Stinger in your secondary slot).
  • Switch to a build with Hardline when you're at 5 kills to get Harriers at 6 (or, you know, whatever other KS you're looking for).
  • Drop a tactical insertion and then switch to a kit without TI to use a TI and a claymore.

This is exactly why I can't wait to unlock it. Don't give a shit about toobing. OMA grants you so much flexibility.

Holy shit at that video! I haven't seen anyone using that build yet but I expect that to change.

I joined the GAF 360 group before the game was released and have not ever played a game with that group. Is there another GAF group I could join? I'm getting tired of playing with randoms.

ultim8p00

Banned
codecow said:

Wait doesn't it tell you in the corner next to deaths? Because that's what I've been reading this whole time and it seems pretty accurate.

Anyways, my K/D ratio is like .91. I could get it much higher than that, but I usually die a lot because of my play style. I usually like equipping marathon and lightweight pro, then running around with the UMP and the auto shotty. It's a lot of fun.

divisionbyzorro said:

Wow, that alone is making me thinking about Prestiging in order to have more class slots. Previously, I had no interest in Prestiging, but now I'm not so sure.

I wish that you had the option to replace your Primary weapon with OMA instead though. I find that I tend to prefer secondary weapons over primary weapons, if only due to Tactical Knife and 1887's.

mr_boo

Ben2749 said:
Wow, that alone is making me thinking about Prestiging in order to have more class slots. Previously, I had no interest in Prestiging, but now I'm not so sure.
Yeah, another kit slot for OMA is why I Pristige'd. I'm planning a rotation of OMA N. Toob, OMA Hardline and OMA CB Kits.

Also, anyone can add me to their friends list so long as their casual (don't get pissed at me if I suck) and don't take the game too too seriously (most of my friends have under 1.00 KD). I'm on PS3 and my handle is mr_boo2501. I sport a ~1.4 KD and ~25.5 Accuracy ratings.

scoobs

2.09 KD ratio :) PC of course. I've avoided OMA for so long because I didn't think it would be that useful... now I'm curious.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
1.41 K/D, 19.60% accuracy on 360.

Both stats crawling upwards.

scoobs said:
2.09 KD ratio :) PC of course. I've avoided OMA for so long because I didn't think it would be that useful... now I'm curious.

OMA is obnoxious until you get it Pro. The delay on regular OMA is long enough to almost not be worth it. Once it's Pro, it's great :lol

mr_boo

divisionbyzorro said:
OMA is obnoxious until you get it Pro. The delay on regular OMA is long enough to almost not be worth it. Once it's Pro, it's great :lol
C'mon, don't rush me...it takes a while to change to a new outfit and get the look just right :lol

somnific

since the holidays there hasn't been much contract work for me and am taking a self-imposed vacation period and as such i've been playing an unhealthy amount. i've at a 2.65 k/d, 25.47% accuracy. and no, i'm not primarily a sniper-- my main kit is actually a scar w/ silencer, striker w/ silencer, scavenger pro, cold blooded pro and ninja pro. i use that 90% of the time.

the OMA reload ammo stuff is pretty ridiculous. my main thing broken in that one video is the spawn system rather than the kit itself, although that kit doesn't help much.

It amuses me that you can use OMA to switch to a lightweight class in order to run faster. Maybe the first kit you had equipped ceases to weigh anything or take up any physical space once unequipped and stored in a magic bottomless backpack/shoved up your ass? :lol

NYR said:
1.18 K/D Ratio
0.85 Win %
18.9 Accuracy %

Finally - somebody with stats like mine!

Admittedly, my W/L ratio was at 1.05 until I started nuke hunting. If you were ever looking for proof that nuke hunting is useless, there it is. Now it's at .78

RubxQub

Bedow!

callsign-generatorphp.png

...if only there was some automated way to do this... *murderous glare at IW*

lvle 65(no prestige yet)

2.43 k/d ratio-was 2.5 last week until I tried to do the F2000(this gun should be one of the ones unlocked initially-fucking awful) challenges
1.4X W/L ratio-lost a lot of ground war in early levels trying to level up to get cold blooded.
14% accuracy-I play hardcore so I dont really shoot many bullets but Idk why its that low.

RubxQub

ExtraKr1spy said:
lvle 65(no prestige yet)

2.43 k/d ratio-was 2.5 last week until I tried to do the F2000(this gun should be one of the ones unlocked initially-fucking awful) challenges
1.4X W/L ratio-lost a lot of ground war in early levels trying to level up to get cold blooded.
14% accuracy-I play hardcore so I dont really shoot many bullets but Idk why its that low.
You definitely post lower numbers in Hardcore, because it's not always obvious when you've killed the other person, and they die so fast...so likely your stream of bullets is much more than you needed to actually net the kill.

The "+50" or "+100" indicators in other modes lets you know to let off the trigger, but you don't get that in Hardcore.

My accuracy definitely goes down when I play hardcore versus other modes.

Ovid

Did I just get unlucky today or did they do something to Chopper Gunner? I've called in a few today, and every single one has had the downs syndrome pilot. Not only that, but it does this enormously long fly-in now, where I get an almost completely horizontal angle and can't start shooting people for a good 10 seconds. But they can shoot me down during that time. :(

Anyone else having troublesome CG's today?
Scrapyard is the one map that I know has a long fly in.

aku:jiki

tarius1210 said:
Scrapyard is the one map that I know has a long fly in.
It happened to me once on Scrapyard, but also twice on Afghan. I noticed the other guy who called in a CG also had an enormous fly-in on Afghan. Now that you mention it, though, that was probably my first CG on Scrapyard (I cannot stay alive on that map...). It might have been a while since I called in one on Afghan too - is there a fly-in on that?

I just made it to 12, called it in and could only score 3 kills before getting shot down because they had such a long time to prepare their Stingers. :(

It happened to me once on Scrapyard, but also twice on Afghan. I noticed the other guy who called in a CG also had an enormous fly-in on Afghan. Now that you mention it, though, that was probably my first CG on Scrapyard (I cannot stay alive on that map...).

The fly-in just cost me the nuke on Afghan just now, it just took way too long for me to start shooting someone and by that time they were on their second Stinger and I was down. :(

I think it's their way of trying to balance out the power of the CG in the more open maps.

Pete Rock

Anyone seen weird behavior with Predator missiles during host migration? I've had this happen at least half a dozen times after dumping 4 hours of play time into this game - hit my 5 kills, instantly pull out my laptop and as the screen is almost completely opened - host change occurs. As soon as the migration is finished, I am instantly greeted with a view of a camera that is oriented 90 degrees out the side of the missile as it streaks uncontrollably toward the ground. The skybox looks hilariously shitty from this perspective, but other than that it's kind of a waste and rather annoying :lol

BC2 cannot come soon enough

RubxQub

Pete Rock said:
Anyone seen weird behavior with Predator missiles during host migration? I've had this happen at least half a dozen times after dumping 4 hours of play time into this game - hit my 5 kills, instantly pull out my laptop and as the screen is almost completely opened - host change occurs. As soon as the migration is finished, I am instantly greeted with a view of a camera that is oriented 90 degrees out the side of the missile as it streaks uncontrollably toward the ground. The skybox looks hilariously shitty from this perspective, but other than that it's kind of a waste and rather annoying :lol

BC2 cannot come soon enough
That happens to everything that is already in progress.

If you're in the middle of tossing a grenade and it hasn't exploded yet or you call in a Predator Missile and the host migration happens, the grenade will explode or the missile will impact when the game is still counting down, and no kills will result.

More IW netcode gripes to add onto the list.

shuri

Banned
I'm pretty much an '80 action movie Ninja in that game, my main build is a knifer with silenced uzi, marathon pro, hardline pro and comando pro (i believe) I just run around shooting people or knifing them, laughing like a mad man and calling up care packages.

I die a lot, (since i just play FFA) but its a blast to play.

My ratio is like 0.85 or something, its bad, since i started horribly at this game; but now i'm insane and i get scores like 20-10 and etc

RubxQub

Cerrius said:
sweet. I'm currently rocking...

2rw6d1i.png
Awesome clantag/username combo :lol

aku:jiki

divisionbyzorro said:
I think it's their way of trying to balance out the power of the CG in the more open maps.
CG is overpowered, no doubt, but them getting to shoot down my reward before I even get line of sight isn't really fair either...

I just had it happen on Sub Base too. It made a huge fly-in and then it made very large circles around the map, making it very hard to target anyone. I still made it to 25, but someone found me while using CG. :(

UFRA

One Man Army. Meaning you hang back and fire lucky noobtubes at corners enemies are trying to sneak around, then duck down and refill your tubes and do it again.

Don't forget, you also play HC SD and then right at the beginning of the map, you and your 5 buddies who are all trash talking douche bags, launch toobs across the map and kill everyone at the spawn.

Huh.

In Domination, the score is 197-195. We have Alpha. They have Bravo/Charlie.

197 - 195
198 - 197
199 - 199

And then we win 200 - 199.

So in a 199-199 tie, the tiebreaker is not the team with the most flags currently captured. It's the team who had the lead before the score tied. Weird.

divisionbyzorro said:
Huh.

In Domination, the score is 197-195. We have Alpha. They have Bravo/Charlie.

197 - 195
198 - 197
199 - 199

And then we win 200 - 199.

So in a 199-199 tie, the tiebreaker is not the team with the most flags currently captured. It's the team who had the lead before the score tied. Weird.
I think it's more of while you're holding the flag, you're earning fractions of a point. For example, say for every flag, you get 1/3 of a point every few seconds. If you're already at 199 and 2/3, while the other team just hit 199, you'd get 200 before they do. Pure speculation, but it makes the most sense. It seems to go this way through the whole game, as I've observed it.

Speaking of Scrapyard... has the ladder always gone all the day down to the floor? Pretty sure I used to have to jump to get on it... (the ladder in the building burning-truck-side)

RJNavarrete said:
Speaking of Scrapyard... has the ladder always gone all the day down to the floor? Pretty sure I used to have to jump to get on it... (the ladder in the building burning-truck-side)

You sure you're not thinking about Quarry?

Aurora

Just had 3 brilliant games coming first in all three. I would rush my way to the enemy spawn, claymore one exit and shotgun enemies coming from the others. Scavenger + claymore makes a vicious spawn lock. 6 predator missiles, 4 Harriers and 3 Choppers in my last game alone. It was messy.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fleet of Foot said:
Last night I had the most ridiculous spawn ever.

I was in the bunker in Wastelands. Dude outside the bunker shoots and kills me. Fair enough.

I respawn and instantly die again before I can even move. I'm thinking, "Hmm it looked like I was standing in the same spot when I died the second time."

So I watch the killcam. I cannot believe my eyes. I see the dude killing the person with the big "YOU" over his head. I see that person (me) die and then instantly a person respawns in the exact same spot with the "YOU" over his head. The dude killing me never even had time to move his crosshairs before having to start shooting me again! He killed me twice in literally 2 seconds.

Yeah I asked a couple of pages back if the new update made the spawns worse (deliberately). I had a guy spawn on top of me when I had my back in a corner, it pushed me forward a bit while he slid behind me and shot me. So dumb

Biff

Wicked Mint said:
Win % is misleading for those who play a lot of Free For All.
It's so ridiculous that anything other than 1st counts as a loss. In every other playlist you have a 50% chance of winning, obviously not counting skill. FFA you have a 12.5% chance.

1st, 2nd and 3rd should count as wins. They count towards the FFA Victor challenge, so using logic, they should count as wins as well.

ChefRamsay said:
It's so ridiculous that anything other than 1st counts as a loss. In every other playlist you have a 50% chance of winning, obviously not counting skill. FFA you have a 12.5% chance.

1st, 2nd and 3rd should count as wins. They count towards the FFA Victor challenge, so using logic, they should count as wins as well.

I didn't realize this until now. I feel a little better about my W/L ratio - I spent all day one day playing FFA just for the fun of it. I didn't realize that anything other than 1st counted as a loss. Oh well :)

Don't get me wrong; I still shot it all to hell through failing at nuke hunting, but at least it's not all due to that :)

Top Bottom