• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

smik

MarkMclovin said:
So I was trying really hard to get my first nuke last night. Playing on sub base, HC TDM and yeah, I camped a bit. Got to 7 kills for the harrier strike but only got 1 kill out of it, got to 9, unleashed the pave low and got the chopper gunner. Waited for the pave low to finish and got out the gunner. Managed to get to 19 kills but my camp spot was noticed and had to fight against a few people out to get me.

Got to 24 kills, bum twitching like fuck and pretty much waited for someone to walk by for a cheeky as fuck kill, to finally get the nuke. I was on the other side of the map that I've never even seen before as the spawns are terrible. Heard a shot behind me, I ran, turned around. It was a team mate. He was still shooting at me. Then he killed me. The rage inside was so fucking hard, I nearly shit.

Basically I was killed by a team mate because he must have noticed that I had a nuke on the way. Fucking unbelievable. And as I changed my communication settings to friends only, I couldn't send my first abusive message. The fucker left the game straight after too.

I honestly can't believe that it has come to this. Team killing because someone had the chance to get a nuke. I finished the game on around 32-4

wait Harrier Striker,Pave Low & Chopper Gunner.... um thats three kill streaks you cant have 4 killstreak to get your nuke lmao

you have not equipped your nuke killstreak to even get it

smik said:
wait Harrier Striker,Pave Low & Chopper Gunner.... um thats three kill streaks you cant have 4 killstreak to get your nuke lmao

I don't know whether to :lol or *headdesk*

smik said:

Good point, but I stole someones the harrier strike. I was out of the way and they went there to put down the package.

MarkMclovin said:
Good point, but I stole someones the harrier strike. I was out of the way and they went there to put down the package.

Kills from care packages don't count towards your killstreak anyway. Sorry man,that story is full of fail.

MarkMclovin said:
Care packages don't count towards your killstreaks and Pave Low doesn't always count for it so you where probably further from nuke than you think...

Jesus, I know the harrier doesn't count towards the kills, I'm telling you how the game panned out, for the love of God!

I think I might just change my story to "got fucked by team mate whilst 1 kill away from nuke", but somehow that seems rather boring.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
ThirstyFly said:
Kills from care packages don't count towards your killstreak anyway. Sorry man,that story is full of fail.
OFF WITH HIS FUCKING HEAD! :lol

I actually took a break from this game yesterday and trucked through Uncharted 2...got pretty much to the end of that game. Can't tell you how boring I found that game's combat to be. You can pretty much run up and melee anyone and everyone instead of shooting them (assuming there is no more than 2) and the jumping stuff has some awkward behavior when paired with the camera transitions.

...and thanks for making me play the opening sequence twice, ND. Cause it was so fun the first time.

Writer's Note: I hated Uncharted 1, and only kinda like Uncharted 2...so I really was mad at MW2 to even give Uncharted 2 another go.

Think I'll finish Uncharted tonight and then hop back into the fight tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have a much cooler head than the last time :lol

EYEL1NER

MarkMclovin said:
Jesus, I know the harrier doesn't count towards the kills, I'm telling you how the game panned out, for the love of God!

I think I might just change my story to "got fucked by team mate whilst 1 kill away from nuke", but somehow that seems rather boring.
You could change it to that, but it would still be a lie.
Got to 7 kills for the harrier strike
Good point, but I stole someones the harrier strike.
So the real question is: Why did you TK your teammate and fuck him out of his nuke? That's a pretty dick move...

shuri

Banned
MarkMclovin said:

Change it to 'I make shit up on GAF to look cool and impress people'

edit: btw how is the ps3 port of this game?

Lince

Banned
akimbo Rafficas are growing on me, specially with Scavenger Pro or extended mags, you can take close/medium crowds out so quick and easily with Steady Aim pro. It's now my fav secondary weapon when I'm sniping (I used to carry a Striker around but a sniper with a shotgun just looks silly to me).

shuri said:
how is the ps3 port of this game?

average, here's an article on it (360 vs PS3)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-modern-warfare-2-face-off

EYEL1NER said:
You could change it to that, but it would still be a lie.

So the real question is: Why did you TK your teammate and fuck him out of his nuke? That's a pretty dick move...

The hell? How is this all a lie? Wow.

*gives up*

ThirstyFly said:
Good lord. Is that only for S&D or does that work with spawns in all modes? Glad I don't play S&D.

Hardcore S&D. Means his aim doesn't have to be as good and everybody's bunched up at the beginning.

I know he has to get lucky to get those shots, but there's no excuse for this. He's not putting himself at risk at all to get those kills, and starting a round of S&D down 3-4 players from something like that is completely atrocious. I really did think W@W had a clever solution to this, and I think this game should follow.

Of course, I never play S&D, so whatever :lol

GodofWine

Lince said:

Eurogamer is well known to have no clue how to adjust their TV setting and possibly their PS3 output settings...the games are identical.

Hell, sometimes I think Eurogamer plays their xbox on plasma and ps3 on LCD....you know what, I wouldn't even call it a 'port' considering the two versions equality...'port' is such a negative term.

..anywho....finally got my 1887 unlocked and boy does it suck to only have one nerfed one vs. the akimbo monsters of last month...I'll definitley try the Akimbo FMJ thing though :D

todahawk

ThirstyFly said:
Good lord. Is that only for S&D or does that work with spawns in all modes? Glad I don't play S&D.

I posted about this (not the vid, the concept) a few pages back. It's the same thing as COD4 except it was regular grenade spam as the maps were smaller. It's happened to me on Wasteland a few times playing DOM.

GodofWine

greenjerk said:
I posted about this (not the vid, the concept) a few pages back. It's the same thing as COD4 except it was regular grenade spam as the maps were smaller. It's happened to me on Wasteland a few times playing DOM.

I always chuck a grenade over the 'hedges' on Wasteland...works once in awhile.

Do private match points count for anything?? Rank?

GodofWine said:
Eurogamer is well known to have no clue how to adjust their TV setting and possibly their PS3 output settings...the games are identical.

The Xbox360 version always seems to look a bit shinier and smoother to me on youtube videos than the PS3 version I actually play. And I have the impression that the PS3 version is not (or does not average) 60fps, allthough this might be because I have it set to 1080p.

edit: ONLINE that is. The singleplayer appears to be completely equal.

edit2: killstreaks not resetting for round on demolition or S&D is absolutely awful.

RubxQub

divisionbyzorro said:
You want to talk about stupid: this is stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzoqFWb4xLk

Didn't W@W fix this? All rifle grenades fired within the first 15 seconds of S&D were automatically duds?
This is fucking crazy :lol

I assumed it was possible, but never took the time to figure out where exactly to stand. With all these videos floating around, IW would be total fuck-ups not to do something about all this noise.

For what it's worth, when I start out on each map, I generally do throw out my Semtex to where the enemy is likely to be. I'd say it's 50/50 if i get a first blood kill with my grenade on certain maps.

Last night I had the most ridiculous spawn ever.

I was in the bunker in Wastelands. Dude outside the bunker shoots and kills me. Fair enough.

I respawn and instantly die again before I can even move. I'm thinking, "Hmm it looked like I was standing in the same spot when I died the second time."

So I watch the killcam. I cannot believe my eyes. I see the dude killing the person with the big "YOU" over his head. I see that person (me) die and then instantly a person respawns in the exact same spot with the "YOU" over his head. The dude killing me never even had time to move his crosshairs before having to start shooting me again! He killed me twice in literally 2 seconds.

Pankaks said:
Sigh.

Should I even be surprised anymore?

Whoa. An intelligent comment on a YouTube video! "Easy fix: Noob tube takes first perk slot." Done. Over. Fixed. IW, are you listening?

EDIT: On another note, I am now inspired to continue grinding out Danger Close Pro and One Man Army Pro tonight :)

RubxQub

divisionbyzorro said:
Whoa. An intelligent comment on a YouTube video! "Easy fix: Noob tube takes first perk slot." Done. Over. Fixed. IW, are you listening?
I don't get how this would work, or really how it makes sense as a perk.

The noob tube itself is annoying, but shouldn't require a perk to use (as it's a weapon attachment). I think the main issue is how easily you can restock it with OMA. Just make it so OMA doesn't give you any additional ammo for anything. It would take how much ammo you have left for your main and secondary weapons and apply that percentage to the new loadout.

Pick initial loadout. AR w/Noob Tube and Pistol
*combat happens*​

Ending Stats before OMA Switch
50/100 shots left in AR (50%)
0/2 noob tubes left (0%)
30/60 shots left in pistol (50%)

*OMA switch kit to sniper rifle*​

Starting Stats with OMA Switch
8/16 shots left in sniper rifle (50%)
0/2 noob tubes left (doesn't apply, but stat remains) (0%)
50/100 shots left in machine pistol (50%)

*combat happens*​

4/16 shots left in sniper rifle (25%)
25/100 shots left in machine pistol (25%)
*OMA switch kit back to original noob tube AR build*​

25/100 shots left in AR (25%)
0/2 noob tubes left (remaining stat is now applied to applicable weapon) (0%)
15/60 shots left in pistol (25%)​

This separates OMA and Scavenger much more clearly. If you want to restock ammo, you take Scavenger and must restock based on dead body packs. If you want to change your load-out to handle some situational scenario, go with OMA.

As it stands right now, if you can do without your secondary, OMA > Scavenger at replenishing your ammo...and that doesn't make sense.

I got back addicited to this game again.

God I can't wait for MAG and BC2.

more than likely won't touch my 360 or MW2 for a long time after those drop.

cameltoe

RubxQub said:
I don't get how this would work, or really how it makes sense as a perk.
The noob tube itself is annoying, but shouldn't require a perk to use (as it's a weapon attachment). I think the main issue is how easily you can restock it with OMA. Just make it so OMA doesn't give you any additional ammo for anything. It would take how much ammo you have left for your main and secondary weapons and apply that percentage to the new loadout.

Pick initial loadout. AR w/Noob Tube and Pistol
*combat happens*​

50/100 shots left in AR (50%)
0/2 noob tubes left (0%)
30/60 shots left in pistol (50%)

*OMA switch kit to sniper rifle*​

8/16 shots left in sniper rifle (50%)
50/100 shots left in machine pistol (50%)

*combat happens*​

4/16 shots left in sniper rifle (25%)
25/100 shots left in machine pistol (25%)
*OMA switch kit back to original noob tube AR build*​

25/100 shots left in AR (25%)
0/2 noob tubes left (remaining stat is now applied to applicable weapon) (0%)
15/60 shots left in pistol (25%)​

This separates OMA and Scavenger much more clearly. If you want to restock ammo, you take Scavenger and must restock based on dead body packs. If you want to change your load-out to handle some situational scenario, go with OMA.

As it stands right now, if you can do without your secondary, OMA > Scavenger at replenishing your ammo...and that doesn't make sense.

thats how it worked in COD4. You equipped a toob and you lose your first perk

RubxQub

MidnightRider said:
It makes sense as a perk because you won't get to use one man army and have unlimited noob tubes..............
Aw come on man...tell me I didn't type up that huge rebalancing proposal only to have it outright ignored :lol

Edit: For what it's worth, I never played CoD4 or WaW so I didn't realize there's a precedent for this "replace 1st perk" suggestion. I still think mine is better.

RubxQub said:
Aw come on man...tell me I didn't type up that huge rebalancing proposal only to have it outright ignored :lol

Edit: For what it's worth, I never played CoD4 or WaW so I didn't realize there's a precedent for this "replace 1st perk" suggestion. I still think mine is better.

To be fair, the first perk slot was vastly different in CoD4 and W@W than it is here. It was more of an equipment slot than a real perk. Things like C4, claymores, plus extra ammo or the Sit Rep equivalent. Losing the first slot wasn't nearly as big of a deal as it would be here.

RubxQub

divisionbyzorro said:
To be fair, the first perk slot was vastly different in CoD4 and W@W than it is here. It was more of an equipment slot than a real perk. Things like C4, claymores, plus extra ammo or the Sit Rep equivalent. Losing the first slot wasn't nearly as big of a deal as it would be here.
I just feel like my proposal maintains the weapon/attachment/perk balance that already exists (which I think is actually really good) while still addressing the problem in a fair way.

Az

Is it just me or does it feel like only 3-4 people post in this thread?

Anyway, changed my killstreaks to care package-predator-harrier. Relaxing set up just to have some fun.

Absoludacrous said:
Yea, I've noticed this as well. My K/D ratio is around 2.7 on PS3 , and around 1.5 on 360. Though I've only been playing on PS3 lately, so I wonder if I would do better on 360 now with more experience.
Well, I'm not sure what "better" means if you're around 1.5. Anyone who posts around 1.5 on the 360 is generally considered an expert.

These ratios of 2.7 etc. on the PS3 are telling. I'd venture to say the average number of years experience playing console online FPS is probably considerably higher on the 360. Unless the gameplay or control is fundamentally different, but I've just never heard anything like that.

On the PS3 do you find yourself repeatedly shooting people who seem to have no clue how to play the game? :lol

DeuceMojo said:
Well, I'm not sure what "better" means if you're around 1.5. Anyone who posts around 1.5 on the 360 is generally considered an expert.

These ratios of 2.7 etc. on the PS3 are telling. I'd venture to say the average number of years experience playing console online FPS is probably considerably higher on the 360. Unless the gameplay or control is fundamentally different, but I've just never heard anything like that.

On the PS3 do you find yourself repeatedly shooting people who seem to have no clue how to play the game? :lol

Maybe the matchmaking is just that much worse on PS3 :lol

DeuceMojo said:

Its funny you mention the higher K/D rates. For the record, I could give two shits about it and I dont see why people care so much about it. But there is a guy I know that would get lit up if he was on the the opposite team as me.:D

My K/D right now on 360 is 1.6 I think. My buddy is at like 2.5. But there is a glaring difference with him and I. He camps, every single round, I dont. His leaderboard score rank is in the 150k and I'm around 30k and hes played about the same amount of time as he. I always call his ass out whenever he brags about his K/D and tell him, "yeah good job sitting in a corner noob."

Ogs said:
:lol The bloke at the end "I train, i play xbox and i have sex, im built like a brick shithouse m8 !"
No offense to anyone here, but regarding that quote:

If you're training to be an ass then good news, your training is paying off! :lol

I have to admit that I'm currently using a Noob Tube/OMA combo. I really want to get a Nuke (just one), and then I'll stop using it, as I agree that it's pretty much broken. Combine it with Claymores, and you can find a safe spot, and cover your back quite easily.

aku:jiki

Did I just get unlucky today or did they do something to Chopper Gunner? I've called in a few today, and every single one has had the downs syndrome pilot. Not only that, but it does this enormously long fly-in now, where I get an almost completely horizontal angle and can't start shooting people for a good 10 seconds. But they can shoot me down during that time. :(

Anyone else having troublesome CG's today?

Ben2749 said:
I have to admit that I'm currently using a Noob Tube/OMA combo. I really want to get a Nuke (just one), and then I'll stop using it, as I agree that it's pretty much broken. Combine it with Claymores, and you can find a safe spot, and cover your back quite easily.
What is an OMA? Sorry I'm not catching the abbreviation.

Also, just started using the AK-47 last night. I hated it at first, but at friends' nudging I continued to use it. Boy is that thing almost overpowered - 2 shot kills with stopping power and a larger clip size than the Scar. Only problem is the recoil, but once you get mentally used to it, you can plow through guys.

I got 4 kills in 3/4 of a clip just dumping the clip out. That's near impossible with any other rifle (minus the FAL). Just finishing the getting the AK-title before I prestige.

aku:jiki

Major Williams said:
What is an OMA? Sorry I'm not catching the abbreviation.
One Man Army. Meaning you hang back and fire lucky noobtubes at corners enemies are trying to sneak around, then duck down and refill your tubes and do it again.

Top Bottom