• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Meier

My K/D is up to like 1.23.. but I swear it moves so damn slowly.

Prestige 1, Level 36.
6626/5392 (1.23) K/D
348/330 (1.05) W/L -- I have only played about 20 matches with anything but randoms, so I'm pretty happy with it.
Accuracy is 20.6%. Just like K/D, it goes up sooo slowly.
Just under 4 days played..

Updated my stats with my official ones.

Here is my callsign:

2mm93b8.png

Hyunkel6

Level 57
K/D: 1.48
W/L: 0.5 --> largely because I get thrown in the losing team during matchmaking.

Both slowly decreasing as I am playing less and less and losing any skills I acquired.

I played last night...took forever to find a game, but i ended up playing probably 10 games or so. Of those ten games we won/were winning every single one of them.

The shame of it all is that 7...that's right 7 games ended with the host leaving and no host migration. 7 out of 10 games ended abruptly and kicked me back to the lobby. It's like a punch in the nuts after the kick in the head that is trying to get a party together to play a game.

So I check my win ratio and it's down. Wait, what? I didn't lose a single game. Then it hits me...server disconnected games count as losses. It's the only explanation I can think of.

Mr. B Natural said:
So I check my win ratio and it's down. Wait, what? I didn't lose a single game. Then it hits me...server disconnected games count as losses. It's the only explanation I can think of.

Unfortunately it has to. Otherwise everybody would just disconnect when they're losing.

MidnightRider said:
How do you get that little 8 bit fucker

Get a 10-killstreak without having any killstreaks equipped (just go clear them out)

divisionbyzorro said:
Unfortunately it has to. Otherwise everybody would just disconnect when they're losing.

The jerk that leaves early should get the loss. I shouldn't get anything because I was kicked to the lobby. The game shouldn't count at all for everyone else.

Then again this whole issue wouldn't be a problem if host migration did its job

Mr. B Natural said:
Then again this whole issue wouldn't be a problem if host migration did its job

The problem is that they totally cheat with host migration. They haven't actually implemented a true migration; rather, when you quit, they just ask you to kindly transfer your hosting duties to someone else. The game is still just as hosed as it ever was if the host disconnects.

Don't get me wrong - this is way better than it was before. But it's not quite the catch-all we thought it was.

divisionbyzorro said:
The problem is that they totally cheat with host migration. They haven't actually implemented a true migration; rather, when you quit, they just ask you to kindly transfer your hosting duties to someone else. The game is still just as hosed as it ever was if the host disconnects.

Don't get me wrong - this is way better than it was before. But it's not quite the catch-all we thought it was.

I agree. It's better than nothing but I just don't approve of getting a loss when some asshat on the other team leaves a game because we're destroying him 7800 to 4000 and I'm really aggravated that host migration only works a small percentage of the time. 7 jerks left my game last night crying and not a single time did the host migrate properly. Not once. 0 for 7, IW. Do better.

And those nube tube game start videos make me ill. Noob tubes should have a max range. That would fix the problem. Nobody would notice but losers like that guy that pull that stuff off. I also approve of the Treyarch solution, though it should be added for all gametypes. He can do this exact thing in just about all gametypes and though it may not be as game breaking...it still is game breaking enough to need fixing.

aku:jiki

Chopper Gunner has to be broken now! Nobody else has called one in today?

I scored another one on Sub Base, and it did the very long fly-in then too and kept doing large circles making it very hard to see anyone. Then I just had another one on Skidrow, and I think it did the fly-in but it also behaved amazingly retarded and started like flying down to ground level making it completely impossible to hit anyone and so on. That's like 5 CG's that were completely broken for me. No one else noticed anything?

divisionbyzorro said:
Huh.

In Domination, the score is 197-195. We have Alpha. They have Bravo/Charlie.

197 - 195
198 - 197
199 - 199

And then we win 200 - 199.

So in a 199-199 tie, the tiebreaker is not the team with the most flags currently captured. It's the team who had the lead before the score tied. Weird.
I've been wondering the same... I had a perfect example in one match where we were about 20-30 behind the whole match, but we successfully came back when they were at 185. From then onward, we held 2/3 flags constantly and took theirs a couple of times (but they took it right back). They still won, and I have no idea why or how...

Kingpen

Could anyone please give some insight on how functionable the Spec-Ops mode is for 1p? Just wondering if the majority of the missions can be completed with 1p.

Kingpen said:
Could anyone please give some insight on how functionable the Spec-Ops mode is for 1p? Just wondering if the majority of the missions can be completed with 1p.

They can. In fact, the last 3 missions are easier with 1 player since you dont gotta worry about reviving them.

There are only 2 missions that need two players.

1sbbpd.png

They didnt have the spinning Chopper Gunner emblem.

Lionheart1827 said:
They can. In fact, the last 3 missions are easier with 1 player since you dont gotta worry about reviving them.

There are only 2 missions that need two players.

nnwhhg.png

They didnt have the spinning Chopper Gunner emblem so I just used my prestige icon.

I would say Snatch and Grab is much either with 2 people, FUCK THAT MISSION

anyways, Spec-ops is just fine single player

KittyKittyBangBang said:
I would say Snatch and Grab is much either with 2 people, FUCK THAT MISSION

anyways, Spec-ops is just fine single player

True Snatch and Grab is easier since sometimes you have juggernauts coming from both sides once you jump out the plane.

RavenHawk

Truelize said:
Yeah I asked a couple of pages back if the new update made the spawns worse (deliberately). I had a guy spawn on top of me when I had my back in a corner, it pushed me forward a bit while he slid behind me and shot me. So dumb

Same thing hapenend to me in Karachi....enemy spawned as a "hat" while I had my back in a corner reloading. I couldn't figure out why my screen had a seizure until I watched the kill-cam and saw him bounce off my head and slide down behind and get the easy knife kill. Such a quality game...

Awww.... So I had my first angry person change his clan name to mine (and told everyone else to do it too) to piss me off today after I destroyed in the previous match. It was cute. Like he had a little crush.

I highly recommend you guys have it happen to you too, it's a great ego stroke :)

Ovid

Behold, the fruits of my labor:
os99qo.jpg

Prestige 2 - Level 70 (been here for almost a month and have no intention of going any further)
Wins: 1.16
K/D: 2.09
Accuracy: 26.54%

Score Overall Rank: 12,632
Wins Overall Rank: 23,256
Kills Overall Rank: 14,768
Accuracy Overall Rank: 70,412

Time Played: 10d 20h (bought the game day one and was on staycation for over a month)

Nizz

Can anyone tell me at which Prestige points you get extra custom class slots? I'm level 41 right now in my first Prestige and have one extra slot now.

Also, new emblems are available at every Prestige or when you Prestige once? I'm debating just staying at this first Prestige level, though I'm not too crazy about the first Prestige symbol...

Every odd prestige for an extra slot. Theres a handful of emblems that unlock each time (eg third time charm with a rainbow/pot of gold for hitting lvl 3 third prestige) but aside from those that are tied directly to that prestige, they are all available from the first prestige (so you miss out on what, 8 titles if you dont go any further).

But for me personally, I just like the sense of progression. I cant stand sitting at level 55 (or 70 in this game) and just working on headshots or whatever. This game has slightly more challenges though so I guess theres a bit more to do than CoD4 had, but still. Nothing beats that guitar riff when you level and getting new perks and weapons at the end of the game.

fps fanatic said:
Can anyone tell me at which Prestige points you get extra custom class slots? I'm level 41 right now in my first Prestige and have one extra slot now.
You can prestige ten times, you can get five more custom classes. You get one every other time you prestige.

Ovid

I guess all the prestige hackers took the fun out of it for me. Every game i a see a Prestige 10 player and can't help but think that this person is a cheater. I'm staying at Prestige 2.

tarius1210 said:
I guess all the prestige hackers took the fun out of it for me. Every game i a see a Prestige 10 player and can't help but think that this person is a cheater. I'm staying at Prestige 2.

Most of the time you can rape these little douches because in reality they suck ass. Dont let em get you down, put them down instead. :D

FromTheFuture said:
Why doesn't the MW24/7 Callsign Generator have any of the killstreak emblems (namely Nuke)? You'd think they'd try to get them all in there...

It's a JPG, and JPG files can't animate. Note that they don't have any of the animated emblems.

On the bright side, I got back-to-back nukes tonight - finally! I used the infini-tube build in Ground War Domination, and surprisingly only one person quit the lobby after the first nuke. So I figured, "Hell, let's see if they'll go for it again." They did. They completely left my Apache alone both times - the way I see it, you deserve to be nuked if you can't even be bothered to fire a single stinger at the Apache.

Do I feel bad for abusing the OMA/Tube build? Yeah, actually I kinda do. But the big player in all of this is actually the Danger Close Pro perk. With that equipped, the Apache bullets are almost embarassingly powerful. They absolutely wreck on open maps like Estate and Afghan (which were the two maps I got to play on). But the best part is the added damage they do to the Harrier airstrike, which really helps against those guys who are a little too eager to shoot down the hovering Harrier. I definitely got a triple kill with the bombing run from the Harriers tonight.

Hopefully this is me breaking the nuke wall! Once I get that nuke emblem, I'm swearing off the Infini-Tube build for good - at least until I start going for EMPs. They can't all come from care packages :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
^congrats the nuke emblem will be quite worth it :D

also i only got one of my nukes using one man army and back then i didnt even realize u could switch to ur original class since i only used it with the aug so i could snag a few kills then when i saw a uav go up id switched to my cold blooded class with a blinged scar(hbs/silencer) :lol

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
maybe it was karma for me defending this game, but I got completely destroyed for hours tonight. just kept going back for more and getting pulverised. Maybe I was having a bad connection day or my fingers just weren't feeling up to the task but that was the worst I've felt at this game in ages.

I also noticed the first aspect of this game which just felt like cheating. after tonight I'd say it was broken.

tactical knife.

stupidest shit I have ever seen. there's no counter for it, I dunno if there was some kind of patch or changes made but I have never seen anything like it in any game ever, including this one, where I've seen tactical knives before but they seemed fine then, maybe people have just figured out how to use them properly.

these guys were whizzing around like the flash and there was no delay between stabs. Guys could regularly run at a group of us all trying to shoot him, and stab stab stab stab, no pause. It was like a streetfighter combo, dead before we could even adjust our camera or pull the trigger. With ninja equipped there was literally no defense against it. they'd be running into rooms from behind and clearing everyone out before you had any idea.

on maps like favela guys would stab someone in front of you, you'd chase him round a corner only for him to appear behind you and stab you before you know it cos he jumped on the roof and ran round and dropped back down.

check out the kills in this video, the double kill at 1.30 is an example of how fast this is, and it feels like its catching on because loads of people were using it tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAzuF0pZWeg

I've seen guys do well with knife classes before, but I always felt like I could counter them, or that they had lots of luck. But today I felt helpless it wasn't just the one guy in one game either. It was lots of guys in lots of different games.

half our matches were ruined by these guys dominating with this, the other half we had to deal with lame ass campers, who admittedly were really good but not very fun to play with.

many more nights like tonight and I think I will quickly move onto my next game. monstrous players that you just dont wanna play with, who have obviously spent days honing their skills and feel the need to boast about it afterwards combined with really boring tactics. I mean its sabotage, the bomb is off to the side somewhere and all these guys care about is sniping the opposite building on highrise or camping outside the windows waiting for us to come out to try and get the bomb. LAME.

People suck.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I want to stop using the UMP45, but I can't find a weapon best suited for me :(

Anyone has any suggestions?

ChefRamsay said:
It's so ridiculous that anything other than 1st counts as a loss. In every other playlist you have a 50% chance of winning, obviously not counting skill. FFA you have a 12.5% chance.

1st, 2nd and 3rd should count as wins. They count towards the FFA Victor challenge, so using logic, they should count as wins as well.

The stats in general for this game are basically meaningless. Killzone 2 got stats right for the most part except K/D should still not count during objective games. I actually wish they didn't even display your kills and deaths on the scoreboard during objective games. Would be the single biggest improvement they could make to the game.

Oh and the knifer lunging through 3 bullets to the heart and stabbing me then running off.

NJ Shlice

divisionbyzorro said:
It's a JPG, and JPG files can't animate. Note that they don't have any of the animated emblems.

On the bright side, I got back-to-back nukes tonight - finally! I used the infini-tube build in Ground War Domination, and surprisingly only one person quit the lobby after the first nuke. So I figured, "Hell, let's see if they'll go for it again." They did. They completely left my Apache alone both times - the way I see it, you deserve to be nuked if you can't even be bothered to fire a single stinger at the Apache.

Doesn't OMA take so long to switch classes? How were you switching so fast?

Nelo Ice

Banned
kaizoku said:
maybe it was karma for me defending this game, but I got completely destroyed for hours tonight. just kept going back for more and getting pulverised. Maybe I was having a bad connection day or my fingers just weren't feeling up to the task but that was the worst I've felt at this game in ages.

I also noticed the first aspect of this game which just felt like cheating. after tonight I'd say it was broken.

tactical knife.

stupidest shit I have ever seen. there's no counter for it, I dunno if there was some kind of patch or changes made but I have never seen anything like it in any game ever, including this one, where I've seen tactical knives before but they seemed fine then, maybe people have just figured out how to use them properly.

these guys were whizzing around like the flash and there was no delay between stabs. Guys could regularly run at a group of us all trying to shoot him, and stab stab stab stab, no pause. It was like a streetfighter combo, dead before we could even adjust our camera or pull the trigger. With ninja equipped there was literally no defense against it. they'd be running into rooms from behind and clearing everyone out before you had any idea.

on maps like favela guys would stab someone in front of you, you'd chase him round a corner only for him to appear behind you and stab you before you know it cos he jumped on the roof and ran round and dropped back down.

check out the kills in this video, the double kill at 1.30 is an example of how fast this is, and it feels like its catching on because loads of people were using it tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAzuF0pZWeg

I've seen guys do well with knife classes before, but I always felt like I could counter them, or that they had lots of luck. But today I felt helpless it wasn't just the one guy in one game either. It was lots of guys in lots of different games.

half our matches were ruined by these guys dominating with this, the other half we had to deal with lame ass campers, who admittedly were really good but not very fun to play with.

many more nights like tonight and I think I will quickly move onto my next game. monstrous players that you just dont wanna play with, who have obviously spent days honing their skills and feel the need to boast about it afterwards combined with really boring tactics. I mean its sabotage, the bomb is off to the side somewhere and all these guys care about is sniping the opposite building on highrise or camping outside the windows waiting for us to come out to try and get the bomb. LAME.

People suck.

i dont mind tact knife runners...i usually counter by knifing myself or blasting them with a shotgun :lol

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Nelo Ice said:
i dont mind tact knife runners...i usually counter by knifing myself or blasting them with a shotgun :lol

I haven't unlocked tactical knife yet and regular commando pro knife always loses. shotgun would be my normal counter but just wasn't working today, but maybe that was down to me just having an off day or something.

I can deal with commando lunge, but this no delay superfast stab bullshit was absurd.

tarius1210 said:
This kind of pissed me off. I'm at the seventh prestige legitimately (my brother on my GT actually, I suck at FPSes) and I constantly get called a hacker. I'm going to get even more shit when I hit 10. =\

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
NJ x Falkor said:
Let's start with what you like so much about the UMP ??
It's kind of hard to describe. I love the way it works close-range, but I loathe its accuracy for long-range shootings. I've tried some of the LMG models available and liked the accuracy, but they take too many shots to kill someone.

Top Bottom