• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

jiien

aku:jiki said:
I don't know what you mean by the second part, but I strongly disagree with the first.

Your streak should definitely die if someone outsmarts you and finds you before you're done, that's part of the risk/reward. I even think that if you can find the guy piloting air support and you kill him before he's done, that should cut him off. His character isn't controlling the laptop anymore and that would be a fair way for players who value their secondary too much to carry a Stinger to stop a Chopper Gunner.

I agree with that. And I think IW knew this going in, which is why, through your own cam, your position is marked with that green cross (so that on the killcam, a good/smart player can figure out where you are). And as you said, I wish they had taken it farther, and had the killstreak interrupted upon death of the player mid-streak.

I think, as far as the second part, that he's implying that if you are killed while on the laptop, then no matter how many kills you get with your chopper gunner, they won't count anymore toward a streak, and you can't get a nuke. Since I don't nuke chase, I wouldn't know if that's the case (usually, the chopper gunner is the last streak I use), but I think it's balanced as it is. There would be no risk in sitting down on a laptop if your kills could still count toward that nuke. You'd be able to just sit anywhere you please, and call the nuke upon respawn if you died. If anything, I think nukes should be harder to get, not easier.

rezuth

Do we know for certain if there are any cheaters playing on Live? Just this day I saw people going through walls on Estate. Could be a level glitch I guess but someone also has super bullets with some bullets.

DarkJC

rezuth said:
Do we know for certain if there are any cheaters playing on Live? Just this day I saw people going through walls on Estate. Could be a level glitch I guess but someone also has super bullets with some bullets.

Cheaters might be possible if they're using modded systems but I really don't know the extent to which that is possible. Also, super bullets? How are they super?

DarkJC said:
Cheaters might be possible if they're using modded systems but I really don't know the extent to which that is possible. Also, super bullets? How are they super?

He may mean the chopper gunner glitch where all bullets are as powerful as the gunners bullets. It was posted like 15 pages back or somethin.

2vt1mhy.jpg

rezuth

Lionheart1827 said:
He may mean the chopper gunner glitch where all bullets are as powerful as the gunners bullets. It was posted like 15 pages back or somethin.
Yes, I think that is it. Someone fires 5m from you and yet you die :/

Ecto311

aku:jiki said:
Oh, come on dude. Let the man surf the forums in peace. He isn't personally responsible for all the problems.

I know the person is not responsible for things but at least pass along the message. I didn't call out the person and I don't even have a confirmation that they work there. But I have played this game since launch and it seems to be going down hill. I also understand that this many people playing will break anything so I am not asking for all the nutty shit to be fixed but when I can't even play the game with friends who are all paying customers I think it needs attention before other things. We are TRYING to get into matches (that are probably broken with private match bullshit, speed skating, danger close / one man army shit, and it's almost impossible.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Anyone else having constant connection issues with MW2 (PS3) today?

All day it's been randomly disconnecting, or kicking everyone back to the lobby.

wtf

Man I thought sabotage would be a fun mode to get into but every game I go into the team just camps with the fucking bomb and nobody ever scores. Boring as fuck.

Meier

gbovo said:
I'm thinking over 6 million cause someone on my friends list is currently ranked at 6.01 million on the leaderboards. I was just curious what the total number is?
Multiple accounts per PS3. Much harder to guess. 360 version has around 9 mill on the leader board I believe.

Ugh. Ever have one of those days? That day was today. After averaging one nuke per play session over the past few days, today was absolutely torture. Lag was horrible, I was constantly getting destroyed by cheap kills, and I couldn't build streaks worth anything. I did manage to get four Apaches, but they all got shot down incredibly quickly.

People complain about nuke boosting: I'll tell you the simplest way to fix nuke boosting. Make the requirement for the End Game challenge to be a single nuke. No, it doesn't stop nuke boosting entirely, but the completionists who are trying to grab all of the emblems just for the sake of it only do it once instead of ten times.

I also agree that OMA needs to be fixed. Quickly. The Infini-Tube kit is quickly becoming the most popular kit in public lobbies, and it's completely throwing off the intended dynamic of the game. The maps aren't designed for this sort of thing - Terminal especially. That map used to be one of the best; now it's just a bunch of idiots tossing grenades blindly down hallways.

OMA should remember your ammo count when you switch classes. It's simple, it solves the problem, and the game will get infinitely better if it gets fixed.

Lince

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
That map used to be one of the best; now it's just a bunch of idiots tossing grenades blindly down hallways.

true, game is slowly getting ruined for us veterans of these other more serious shooters... but in all honesty everything listed as cheap in this thread (commando invincibility and warping, OMA, marathon-knife build, danger close RPGs to name a few) it's really the way MW2 is meant to be played... one nuke per play session, every kid wants/plays for that and will stick to whatever weapons/attachments/perks that help speeding the process of building killstreaks. MW2 multiplayer is designed around both (kids and killstreaks) so I bet IW ain't "fixing" anything.

boosters are just the less confident or maybe impatient players trying to achieve what the game is asking out loud for, get 10 nukes! get one thousand harrier kills! get 500 multikills! when your friends got their 10 nukes why wouldn't you?

Lionheart1827 said:
Not really. Search and Destroy and CTF I always have legit games. Sabotage is just lame.
Well yeah, sans those two, every other objective mode is basically a TDM. The only reason S&D isn't is because you only have one life. The bomb barely ever gets planted compared to MW1. It's different. And in CTF, it's cause everyone just runs for the other team's flag blindly.

Lince said:
true, game is slowly getting ruined for us veterans of these other more serious shooters... but in all honesty everything listed as cheap in this thread (commando invincibility and warping, OMA, marathon-knife build, danger close RPGs to name a few) it's really the way MW2 is meant to be played... one nuke per play session, every kid wants/plays for that and will stick to whatever weapons/attachments/perks that help speeding the process of building killstreaks. MW2 multiplayer is designed around both (kids and killstreaks) so I bet IW ain't "fixing" anything.

boosters are just the less confident or maybe impatient players trying to achieve what the game is asking out loud for, get 10 nukes! get one thousand harrier kills! get 500 multikills! when your friends got their 10 nukes why wouldn't you?

OMA tubing is the only thing that really bothers me in this game. The other things you mention really don't bother me; I feel like they all have their place and they all have their own counters. But the only way to counter a camping tuber is to tube him back, and so the matches end up devolving into constant back-and-forth tubes, with everybody using the same OMA build. I would wager that this would be something IW didn't intend on happening.

The way I see it, there are two possible and logical solutions:

1) The grenade launcher attachment takes up your first perk slot (a la CoD 4)
2) OMA doesn't refill the ammunition of each kit; it simply lets you swap classes (and remembers how much ammo each kit currently has)

Lince

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
1) The grenade launcher attachment takes up your first perk slot (a la CoD 4)

too much crying over how they can't use scavenger with a grenade launcher attachment anymore.

2) OMA doesn't refill the ammunition of each kit; it simply lets you swap classes (and remembers how much ammo each kit currently has)

logical and really fair, so fair that I don't expect IW to contemplate this fix.

cameltoe

FromTheFuture said:
Well you have to pay for Live, so it's less likely for people to make a bunch of accounts.

im on the 360 leaderboards with 2 accounts (one is paid the other I use free trials)....im sure there are plenty of people that have more. PS3 I also have 2 accounts.

kuYuri

FromTheFuture said:
Well you have to pay for Live, so it's less likely for people to make a bunch of accounts.

You'd be surprised at the amount of people who create accounts just to put themselves on top of the Accuracy leaderboards. It's as simple as making an account and then using a 48 hour Live Gold code.

Mileena

Banned
Blu_LED said:
Any talk on what's going on with the shotguns? These are by far the most overpowered shotguns I have ever seen in a online shooter.
They're really shitty now compared to the gods they used to be. I don't see the point in using them anymore, I mean the SPAS even has better range now.

Lince said:
logical and really fair, so fair that I don't expect IW to contemplate this fix.

It'll just take enough bitching. The outcry over the 1887s was enough to get them nerfed (blinged versions notwithstanding). If OMA toobing continues to grow in popularity, it'll completely destroy the game - and at the rate it's going, that'll happen within a couple weeks. I fully expect something to change w/regards to OMA in the next update.

Lunchbox

Banned
M_A_C said:
On PS3 I've never been in a game that was < 80 ping and most of the time it's >100.

360 there are always like 20 games < 50 it tries to put me in.

wouldnt that be due to more people playing on 360.

so the game finds more people/matches and more people Near you (the ping)

Wow, this game is so broken

Scrap Yard + Ground War + Care Package glitch that everyone is using + rockets and noob tubes + tons of air-support = one laggy broken game.

Fortunately, it was a lot of fun. :lol

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
:/ Anyone else use smgs in hc? The lack of decent long range attacks kind of puts me off, but im tryin to get 500 kills with the p90.
Also, anyone who is not using the magnum as a secondary is putting themselves at a serious disadvantage in hardcore :D

Mileena

Banned
OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
:/ Anyone else use smgs in hc? The lack of decent long range attacks kind of puts me off, but im tryin to get 500 kills with the p90.
Also, anyone who is not using the magnum as a secondary is putting themselves at a serious disadvantage in hardcore :D
UMP is the only one that's even decent at a range. It's especially good with a silencer because it tones down the recoil. P90 would be great if most of the maps weren't all huge and open.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
corkscrewblow said:
They're really shitty now compared to the gods they used to be. I don't see the point in using them anymore, I mean the SPAS even has better range now.
The SPAS is definitely the best shotgun in the game. I find the Striker fun to use too, but the sheer power of the SPAS is just awesome. I don't really like going akimbo with shotguns — it just feels ridiculous.

mattso

I really hate all the people running around with the care package marker knifing; running around like they're sonic the hedgehog. Almost inevitably after each match they are also the douche talking about how they raped.

I started using claymores the other night for the first time and I've been having fun luring people into traps. Probably another reason I don't like the care package knifers, they are usually too fast for the claymores.

Blu_LED said:
Any talk on what's going on with the shotguns? These are by far the most overpowered shotguns I have ever seen in a online shooter.

what's going on is that they're secondary weapons despite having primary power. I try to "just embrace it" but it's really dumb and makes certain primary weapons useless. I'm not entirely sure why IW thought I needed two short-distance weapons. Secondary weapons should be secondary. Cod4 had the gun balance right sans m16. They went from needing to fix one gun's power/range to needing to rethink this whole thing all over again. I give them credit for trying something new, but some things aren't worth trying.

My KDR is stuck at 1.92 on the 360 and I would care but I just don't. That's good enough. If I wanted to get higher I could but I would have to camp every single match and use OMA in every single match and I feel dirty "semi-camping" as it is. My win ratio is at 2.00 and I would like to make that higher but considering every time the other team quits on us because they're getting destroyed and the game drops to the lobby, I get a loss. So, I got at least 150 losses that I don't deserve that should have been wins if host migration actually worked. Win ratio in this game is such a tainted stat that I don't even bother looking at it anymore. And god forbid I try some free-for-all games :lol

It also seems like a lot of people on my friends list has stopped playing this game. This is the exact opposite of cod4. I kinda don't blame them, but i still get that itch every night to play some cod...but that itch isn't lasting hours like it use to.
So, if anyone is looking for a decent player to add to their roster on 360, just send me a pm and i'll give you my gamertag.

Meier

I find it stunning you can OMA to the same class you already were. That's the main reason it's such a problem -- they should just remove the option to OMA to the same class.. it won't fix the issue but unless you use multiple custom slots on OMA/tube builds, it would at least make it more difficult.

Deadly

I heard from a friend that the PC version is full of hackers now. Is there still as many people playing or have some people actually migrated back to COD4?

Top Bottom