• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
vatstep said:
Attention, people who still use Scrambler: thank you.
Seriously. :lol It has practically the opposite of its intended effect. Once my map gets slowly scrambled for no reason, I KNOW YOU'RE COMING

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Seriously. :lol It has practically the opposite of its intended effect. Once my map gets slowly scrambled for no reason, I KNOW YOU'RE COMING

It has its uses, but it requires you to totally change your playstyle for it to work.

divisionbyzorro said:
It has its uses, but it requires you to totally change your playstyle for it to work.

Can you provide an example of a useful situation? I'm not doubting it has it's clever uses, such as throwing it on a speed class and just confusing people as you run around them, maybe luring them into trap w/C4/claymores, etc.

Aurora

Mr. B Natural said:
and my secondary weapon will shoot you and kill you with 1 shot from the hip with an very very forgiving spray while you're busy hitting me 3 times with your inaccurate unreliable smg. Not only that but I still have a mid-long rage primary weapon too so I can pick you off there too. Either way it's lose lose for you. The knife class also makes smgs obsolete.
The only thing smgs give you is faster speed, which would have been great in cod4, but this game is a slower game thanks to the lethal power of weapons this time around and the only thing speed is going to get you against a halfway skilled team is in trouble sooner.
The UMP is in the top 5 guns in the game, hell probably top 3. I used to use ARs exclusively then got a tip to use the UMP and my K/D has shot up 0.4 in just two weeks. It's a monster of a gun up close and its range is crazy for an SMG.

KittyKittyBangBang said:
these idiots, they may as well have a big megaphone and shout "Immmm a cummmmin" :lol
Scrambler is an incredible perk for rushing classes. Marathon / Lightweight / Scrambler + Shotgun is game over on clustered maps. Not only do you dodge all the claymores but the enemy never has a clue where you are apart from in their base killing their dudes.

Aurora said:
Scrambler is an incredible perk for rushing classes. Marathon / Lightweight / Scrambler + Shotgun is game over on clustered maps. Not only do you dodge all the claymores but the enemy never has a clue where you are apart from in their base killing their dudes.

Agreed.

It's also useful if you play as a team and everybody chooses it. On the smaller maps it's almost as good as having a Counter UAV up all the time.

Aurora said:

suddenly scrambler pro makes sense to me

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I agree that Scrambler can be a decent perk when used correctly, but 9/10 times, it makes for an easy kill. The people that use it are probably either noobs who don't yet realize its negative side-effect, or completionists who feel compelled to use it but don't change their style of play to suit it. I also don't think I've ever seen anyone using the Pro version — no one holds on to it for that long.

Oh, and today was the first time since Veteran's Day (the day after release) that I've seen over a million players online (360 version). Lots of easy kills.

DRE Fei

Proc said:
Just got the m16 and am in love.

Which is your preferred attachment?

I'm thinking red dot or acog
M16 is pretty sweet because it's just like the FAMAS except with more power and slightly less accuracy. I usually use it or the FAL with my cold blooded class because of that. I prefer the holographic with it because I don't really like the iron sights. Also, I heard that the holographic gives more aim assist on that gun for some reason, so it sort of cancels out whatever accuracy you lose compared to the FAMAS. I can't wait to unlock it again.

Proc

thanks guys, I just threw on holographic and am enjoying it quite a bit

I just got my longest kill streak with it (20) in ffa.

I found that a lot of snipers were using the radar scramble perk, like wtf is the point, I just walked around bushes until I found one and shot him :lol

YMMV

azureowl

Care Package running is gone now? Huzzah! Though I will miss it for getting from point A to point B.

1887's are now... normal... Lv 67... I no longer look forward to you. =/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just love how someone is losing and host, they get butthurt and quit. Thereby causing a host migration to a shitty fucking host and thereby the rest of the goddamn game lags like shit to where you warp back five steps for every two you move + can't hit shit. Just love it.

I can't believe I paid $60 for what is mostly a broken beta. :|

TacticalFox88 said:
God dammit the MP in this game is some of the most broken shit, full of campers, noob tubers, lags, and absolute bullshit kills, yet I can't stop myself from playing it. WHY is this shitty game so addictive?!

I got my Gold Cross 55 in COD4 and have had MW2 since the midnight launch and I'm only level 59 (no prestige) For some reason this game just isn't grabbing me like COD4 did, doesn't seem as tight or as refined.

Maybe playing COD4 burned me out or playing for 2 years straight there were only really good quality players that signed in where as now it's every noob for themselves. I can't put my finger on it but MW2 to me just isn't standing up to the greatness that is COD4.

Strider2K99 said:
For people complaining about this game, are you playing in a party or by yourself?

Playing in a party is a pain in the ass cause you are constantly losing your teammates and you have to back out and resend invites. Plus, IW broke party chat making it harder to play with a group of friends. There are some times where I don't want to join a bigger group cause I'm sick of spending more time in the lobby than I am playing the game.

i_am_ben said:
It's not a glitch. OMA allows you to change from one class to another mid game. People are changing from class to class to gain unlimited ammo (mostly for noob tubes)

It's very handy.

This has been in sine launch and people are just now complaining about it?

tarius1210 said:
So what's the best mode to get SitRep Pro? It's the only perk that I need to get ''Pro'' with.

In Hardcore I get about 4 claymore shots per round. I'm at 80/120 for SitRep and I just started using it last week or so.

vatstep said:
Attention, people who still use Scrambler: thank you.

It's decent for Hardcore since it delays Claymores but you should just put on SitRep so you can see them and stun the claymore to run by it.

Aurora said:

But rushing classes are pretty much useless in Hardcore.

TheSeks said:
I just love how someone is losing and host, they get butthurt and quit. Thereby causing a host migration to a shitty fucking host and thereby the rest of the goddamn game lags like shit to where you warp back five steps for every two you move + can't hit shit. Just love it.

I can't believe I paid $60 for what is mostly a broken beta. :|

If you're host and you're losing enough to rage quit... then you must really suck.

Proc

Is there still a pretty active community for the original?

Lots were still playing World at War last time I checked.

I just rented it to see how it played on the consoles and I loved it. I cannot get enough of this formula heh

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Is it just me, or is the MG4 not nearly as good as it should be?

Statistically, it should be the same as a more accurate M4, but it doesn't seem to kill nearly as effectively.

Is it all in my mind or have others felt the same?

Ecto311

Anyone else play against people with the [Ales] tag? We have a game going right now with a team of these guys against us and they have the weirdest tactics I have seen yet. They played an entire round all with shields and lost 7000 to 2300. They all stick together and run away from the fight. The next round we played was the fucking house level and they were all snipers. They ran into the boat house and just sat in there. They all sound like little kids. They also didn't win one round in over an hour but were all some crazy 2 or 3rd time prestige.

Hope this isn't a new trend because it makes the game always end by timer and boring as fuck.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Care package knifing is gone in the PC version now with the latest patch.

Wonder when the 360 and PS3 will get the next round of updates...

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Cerrius said:

Wonder when the 360 and PS3 will get the next round of updates...
Any patch notes for the PC version? Would love to see what other fixes finally got in there.

RubxQub said:
Any patch notes for the PC version? Would love to see what other fixes finally got in there.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

■Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized

■Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry

■Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s

■Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and 'elevators'

■Mouse latency tweaks for more mouse movement consistency

■Fixes to prevent various texture and XP hacks

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3338/

KanZolo

Having some trouble, hoping some one could help...

I already beat the game on Hardened and now playing it on Veteran. I'm at the level where you
protect the thing from downloading the files in that house. After that you have to make your way to the helicopter. I'm at the very last checkpoint before the level is over but I cannot get passed it. I take care of the enemies and start running to the helicopter and then I just die. I must get hit by a mortar or something but I cannot figure out what to do to get passed it

but I've tried at least 50 times every which way and can't get passed it. And i refuse to stop playing until I do get passed it.

KanZolo said:

I already beat the game on Hardened and now playing it on Veteran. I'm at the level where you
protect the thing from downloading the files in that house. After that you have to make your way to the helicopter. I'm at the very last checkpoint before the level is over but I cannot get passed it. I take care of the enemies and start running to the helicopter and then I just die. I must get hit by a mortar or something but I cannot figure out what to do to get passed it

but I've tried at least 50 times every which way and can't get passed it. And i refuse to stop playing until I do get passed it.

Two words for you:

Stun Grenades.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Does anyone have experience with the Turtle Beach Ear Force P21's?

Also as a PS3 user what alternatives do I have? I'm having to game during nights nowadays and don't wanna wake/disturb the missus...

I have the Official PS3 headset but what I'm after is actual headphones so sounds comes through the headphones along with in-game chat...

NYR

Maaaaaan, had a 4 bar connection tonight and I was raping. I had no more then 9 kills and no less then 23 kills over 7 matches. Maxed out with a 40-9 game!!

I was rolling with ninja pro for the first time and boy was it fun. I think I found a new 3rd perk. I thought I would miss commando pro but I am learning to live with it.

kzn

Neo Member
KanZolo said:

When, exactly, are you getting killed? Before the forest/in the forest/after the forest while being dragged?

That level seemed to me like it was designed for people who actually enjoyed that retarded level in CoD4 where you had to get to a helicopter through infinite enemy respawns, but since there are no infinite respawns in MW2 I just camped the living fuck out of the house, left out the bottom/back entrance, and hugged the beach/that side of everything all the way to the helicopter.

F#A#Oo

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:

Ohhhh...that's what Scrambler is for...

I always thought it was a counter for UAV when called in...:lol

I thought it was the shitty relation of cold-blooded essentially...

Cruzader

Banned
Magik said:
Made the transition to the PS3 version and holy shit is the PS3 controller a piece of shit to play MW2 with. :lol

No, it just means you are more used to on the 360 controller. DS3 is perfect for FPS, for me , and I hate using the 360 controller and could say the same. At the end it all comes down to preference.

PS3(playstation in general) shooters use L1/R1 to shoot since PS2/PS1 days. Obviously if you are a 360 player moving to PS3, you will encounter some difficulties.

yoopoo

Banned
So the game puts me in a loosing game...I backed out. Then it kept putting me in the same game 5 times as I kept backing out :lol

Shitty ass matchmaking.

KanZolo

kzn said:
When, exactly, are you getting killed? Before the forest/in the forest/after the forest while being dragged?

That level seemed to me like it was designed for people who actually enjoyed that retarded level in CoD4 where you had to get to a helicopter through infinite enemy respawns, but since there are no infinite respawns in MW2 I just camped the living fuck out of the house, left out the bottom/back entrance, and hugged the beach/that side of everything all the way to the helicopter.

It was in the forest....yeah that part in CoD4 pissed me off so bad

OldJadedGamer said:
That's how I got past it on Veteran. Stun and run baby!! Don't take time to shoot, don't piss, don't even fart. Just stun and run and you'll make it.

Yeah I got passed it using stun grenades as my primary weapon. I threw some frags before i headed down there and then I stunned, ran, stunned and stunned some more to get passed it. Thanks.

careful

Just came back from a 20 day break from MW2 (was playing Mass Effect).
I thought I'd be rusty as hell and get owned all night, but I more than held my own. Break did pretty much no difference to my aim or reflexes. COD controls = so good it's like riding a bike. :D

Magik said:
Made the transition to the PS3 version and holy shit is the PS3 controller a piece of shit to play MW2 with. :lol
Just gotta get used to it, I played cod4 on 360 and WaW and MW2 on PS3 and I'm ten times better now than I ever was.

KanZolo said:
Yeah I got passed it using stun grenades as my primary weapon. I threw some frags before i headed down there and then I stunned, ran, stunned and stunned some more to get passed it. Thanks.

Glad I could help. That part drove me f'ing crazy. I think I died there more than any other part of the game combined.

KanZolo said:

That was by far the hardest part of the game on Veteran for me, because the checkpoint was saved with me already almost dead and in the process of getting shot in the ass. What I did was kill the dude hiding behind the tree on the right, went prone and healed, then ran downhill just trying to shoot anything I could see. Once I realized that there was a dude sneaking behind that tree, it was a lot easier.

I didn't even think of using stun nades, probably would have saved lots of frustration :\

Yeef

MrCompletely said:
Ninja Pro does make you dead silent.
No, it doesn't. It makes you virtually silent given all the ambient noises in a match, but you still do make noise. You can confirm it yourself by going into a private match with a friend or even alone and running around with Ninja Pro on. It's especially apparent when you're running on wood and metal.

Moving while aiming down your sights or crouching does make you completely silent though, so SitRep Pro shouldn't have any affect on that.

UFRA

Yeef said:
No, it doesn't. It makes you virtually silent given all the ambient noises in a match, but you still do make noise. You can confirm it yourself by going into a private match with a friend or even alone and running around with Ninja Pro on. It's especially apparent when you're running on wood and metal.

Moving while aiming down your sights or crouching does make you completely silent though, so SitRep Pro shouldn't have any affect on that.

I haven't tested it, but if there is any noise, it's negligible...

Yeef

UFRA said:
I haven't tested it, but if there is any noise, it's negligible...
Normally it is, yes, but the issue we were discussing was SitRep Pro and whether or not it cancels out Ninja Pro.

Xux

RubxQub said:
Is it just me, or is the MG4 not nearly as good as it should be?

Statistically, it should be the same as a more accurate M4, but it doesn't seem to kill nearly as effectively.

Is it all in my mind or have others felt the same?

I usually do pretty good with it. I have it on my anti-air class and it serves me well even without stopping power like when I use it as my main LMG.

F#A#Oo said:
Does anyone have experience with the Turtle Beach Ear Force P21's?

Also as a PS3 user what alternatives do I have? I'm having to game during nights nowadays and don't wanna wake/disturb the missus...

I have the Official PS3 headset but what I'm after is actual headphones so sounds comes through the headphones along with in-game chat...

I bought a pair a couple weeks ago and love'em. Great sound quality (the feedback that people mention in the online reviews is there but unnoticeable when the game sounds come in), good bass, and my friends say that I'm the clearest sounding when we play. Kinda pricey, I guess, but, for the quality, convenience, and niche it fulfills, I think its almost worth it.

Here's the only alternative I could find.

mbmonk

Cerrius said:

I remember people arguing over multiple pages in this thread that the care package speed boost was legit and not a bug..... Yea.. guess that argument is settled.

Last night I played against a clan on Ground War/Domination on rundown.

They all had a Marathon/Lightweight/Scrambler build with shotgun. For every 10 feet you advanced, your radar will get scrambled.

Suffice it to say we got raped 200-75 and I didn't really mind it because it was an awesome strategy on their part. :lol

corkscrewblow said:
I just realized how awesome the Striker is. Just went 81-7 on Terminal using silenced UMP/Striker combo. 3.07 K/D and rising!

Did you have stopping power?

Because sometimes when I use the striker without SP, it feels like I'm not taking people down fast enough for it to be to be an effective secondary weapon.

Top Bottom