• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
ultim8p00 said:
:lol :lol :lol Damn, I've seen ARs, but not shotguns lol.
Yesterday I attempted to stick a Semtex to a Harrier because it looked like it might have been in range.

I swear, I only missed it by less than a few feet. :lol

DaFish

RavenFox said:
Why didn't you the destroy the Harrier @ 5:58 with your predator missile? Your team mate would have probably made it further with the enemy flag and you could have spared your team from death.
Beacuse he was playing CTF like a TDM game.

RubxQub said:
Yesterday I attempted to stick a Semtex to a Harrier because it looked like it might have been in range.

:lol :lol That was hilarious.

Don't lie, you missed by a mile.

butts

Anyone else see the weird glitch on carepackage knifers that makes them look like they are bent over when knifing and for a second or two after the swing? It seems that when it happens to one guy it will do it every single time he knifes. Looks completely retarded and makes them even harder to hit.

THANK GOD that shit is on the way out, I can't believe people were defending that bullshit.

RubxQub

backflip10019 said:
:lol :lol That was hilarious.

Don't lie, you missed by a mile.
It only felt like a few feet, at least! :lol

The thing seemed oddly low to the ground so I thought I'd at least try! The highlight of my MW2 Weekend Extravaganza was probably my Semtex stick final killcam in Afgan.

I was standing outside of the A bunker on the ground and looking at the B bunker, and I knew there was a sniper in there. I rush at it and toss my Semtex, threading it through that small opening from pretty far away and stick the dude for the win.

I boosted in FFA to get the Dictator title (it doesn't harm anyone, so I don't feel bad about doing it...not to mention that I'd never get it legit anyways), but I want to wear that "Stickman" title as a badge of honor to show how much I love Semtex :lol

I haven't been in this thread for a while, it's like coming back to visit old friends.

Estate, for me (primarily TDM) is never a problem. If people want to hole up in the house, you can chill in front of boathouse taking potshots in the front door/upstairs, snipe from the white staircase, snipe from the garage, the workshop down at the bottom, the greenhouse, etc.

Or go the rushing route: you can toss smoke and rush the front door, the basement, follow a flashbang in through the living room window, go over the log ramp at the back, go over the small hedges out front on to the woodpile, then jump to the balcony on the front of the house and storm straight into the bedroom(which very few people seem to know about. But it is a difficult jump to time).

There's just so many entrances into the place and to shoot into it from that I can't understand the complaints.

And objective games chilling inthe house is a great way to lose since you intentionally cordon yourself off from the fight.

Moral of the story? Don't go in the house, it's a deathtrap against any organized resistance (if you're pubbing with guys that just rush the front door over and over...well, then you're on your own. Sorry.

EDIT:
As for always spawning away from the fight in objective games on big maps, you can blame the campers on your team. A game if domination is pretty much over on Derail if you have one guy who refuses to stop sniping on the houses, because when you die you will always spawn back in the town and have to slog all the way back to the fight across open ground. That's one of the reasons I avoid pubbing objectives, if people won't listen to you when you say we have to move up, you're pretty much screwed unless you manage a fantastic flank that switches the spawns. More often a flank results in getting an objective to 3/4s, dying, and spawning back by your sniper. So frustrating and just not worth it, I'd rather just go play TDM instead.

X26

Banned
Yea I don't play much outside deathmatch modes myself since killstreaks actually "work" with deathmatch. On the other hand, killstreaks destroy the game with objective modes (S&D excluded), just no balance, not to mention it's more beneficially XP wise to play them like deathmatch

they need old school playlists with locked killstreaks already

Pyke Presco said:
Moral of the story? Don't go in the house, it's a deathtrap against any organized resistance (if you're pubbing with guys that just rush the front door over and over...well, then you're on your own. Sorry.

Grab a shotgun and a tactical insert. Put the TI up in the utility closet in the basement. Go nuts :lol

X26

Banned
Yea it's terrible playing estate with guys who rush into the house knowing there's atleast 3 guys watching the door form the inside

What I do when starting at the outside the house/bottom of the hill is rush up the incline and get under the double windows. From there you can peer inside and see a bit of the second floor landing guys liek to snipe from, pop a guy if he gets to close to a first floor window, and watch the front door/boathouse area. Ideally I cap a few guys and make my way inside through the basement, and hopefully my teammates start spawning with me so we take over the house.

divisionbyzorro said:
Grab a shotgun and a tactical insert. Put the TI up in the utility closet in the basement. Go nuts :lol
This is indeed good fun. It's always awesome watching the other team flip out b/c they can hear the flare sputtering but they can't find it, while you just chill and pick them off while they run around like chickens with their heads cut off. And if you die, vengeance is never long coming.

My primary estate strat (from the bottom of the hill) is toss smoke towards the dip and then rush the other way to the stairs/boathouse. They usually all focus on the smoke which gives me enough time to set up. I drop a claymore between the white truck and the white fence(so if it triggers it blows the truck too so they can't avoid the explosion) and then move for the little trailer by stone wall where I can pick off anyone upstairs, by front doors, on balcony or anywhere along the drive. Crouch every once in a while and you can easily rack up mad kills on house campers. And anyone that drops down the back and works around usually comes up white stairs and rushes into the claymore between truck and hedge. If they went all the way around there will usually be a couple teammates dead to give you a heads up.

RubxQub

My way into the house on Estate is never through the front door.

- Jump in through the front/side window.
- Sneak into the basement door.
- Climb up the wood railing and enter through the side door.
- Get around back and climb up the logs into the top of the house.

When our team is controlling the house, I like to hang out just the side of the house (looking towards the front) and pick off the "would-be" snipers looking at the front of the house (great place to lay your Harrier as well). From there you can hit the B sniper point as well as watch people coming at the front of the house at A, as well as respond to any distress inside the house by having a quick entrance through the basement which protects you from walking into someone's crosshairs 9 times out of 10.

Domination is super frustrating on Estate, because people treat the house like it's the only thing you need to win, meanwhile the enemy more or less has you pinned in the house so you can't get out, and if you do and die, you spawn right back at the house.

On maps in general, I'm super sensitive to "bad spawns" vs. "good spawns". Like in Skidrow, if your team is spawning on the side that has the forklift room and the house that overlooks the long tunnel and the path that leads to jumping into the side window...you're in trouble. The enemy can pin you guys in there so badly and you're entire team's score will suffer as a result. It only takes 1-2 guys to cover the tunnel. 1-2 guys covering the bookstore and 1-2 guys cover the house from the top roof behind some sandbags and you've got yourself a very very complicated situation.

I'm always screaming for people to push through on one side so we can get our team spawning out of situations like that. People have no idea how insanely bad it can be if the other team has, intentionally or not, locked you into a area that is extremely hard to get out of.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
X26 said:
Yea it's terrible playing estate with guys who rush into the house knowing there's atleast 3 guys watching the door form the inside

What I do when starting at the outside the house/bottom of the hill is rush up the incline and get under the double windows. From there you can peer inside and see a bit of the second floor landing guys liek to snipe from, pop a guy if he gets to close to a first floor window, and watch the front door/boathouse area. Ideally I cap a few guys and make my way inside through the basement, and hopefully my teammates start spawning with me so we take over the house.

Yup, definitely the best strategy if starting at the bottom of the hill. Just run straight up the middle but to the left a bit. There's lots of cover there. Go prone under the main front windows. Dudes will be rushing down the middle hill and you can pick them off easily as they rush by you. Then make your way inside the house, plant a claymore, and go stealth. Then go to the greenhouse and hide at the back and pick people off as they exit the rear of the house.

X26

Banned
Karachi has the most one-sided intial spawns to me. Spawning on the side closest to that little market you can head up top to that area that overlooks pretty much the entire map and hold it for the entire match even with just 2 people there

X26 said:
Karachi has the most one-sided intial spawns to me. Spawning on the side closest to that little market you can head up top to that area that overlooks pretty much the entire map and hold it for the entire match even with just 2 people there

Perhaps, but it's not that hard to counter-snipe it, or you could just send a runner up there to clear them out since he'll be able to run past their claymores. That's inevitably what happens to me when I try to do that :)

wud

Neo Member
Search & destroy is the only fun game-mode left thanks to KDR/killstreak campers. Obviously a lucky carepackage can mess the game right up, but it only lasts a round and you're back to a level playing field next one.

also 10 create a classes is the best thing ever
not hacked i swear

RubxQub

X26 said:
If I spawn on the other side, I rush up the ladder, jump to the ledge and head into that room and jump the gap over B onto the side you're talking about.

Assuming someone on the other side was rushing to get there, I'll usually see them jump up onto the top level as I'm entering the room before the gap jump and can take them out, as they more often than not are looking down versus across, this gets me on their roof and likely killing 1-2 other guys that didn't expect one of us up there just yet.

...but that room is pretty damn hard to penetrate, as there are only 3 ways up.

- Ladder in B
- Gap jump over B from the 2nd floor room
- Up the spiral stairs

Spiral stairs always are claymore'd.
Ladder is easily viewable/hearable.
Gap jump usually has you running directly at people up top, so you'll easily get spotted assuming they've fortified themselves.

I throw random Semtex up there and probably get a kill 25% of the time.

...but my entire game on that map is generally going rooftop to rooftop either clearing out guys below me or clearing guys out of my area. If I'm on the ground I'm more than likely running somewhere to get on a rooftop.

cameltoe

RavenFox said:
Why didn't you the destroy the Harrier @ 5:58 with your predator missile? You could have spared your team from extra death. Then you massively overshoot your last Harrier strike. Good play tactics though.

i put the harrier right in frt of our base because i figured they were gonna rush straight up the gut...some of their dudes had lightwweight, figured they were gonna blast out and head straight down the middle...so I placed it close to our base.

I didnt even notice their harrier TBH.....I knew there was a dude inside and was focused on him. Fucking lag got me on that one...

X26 said:
The other side has a nice spot as well. Climb the first ladder and go right, but not to the little roost there. Jump onto the ledge and go around the large square block on the corner. You can see over the top of it and pick off anyone coming from market/ the second story above market, and any guys rushing along the white ledge, but the guys by the 3 story satellite can't see you. Toss a claymore on top if the ladder by the hotel on the building to your left and your only problem will be guys rushing down the alley.

ultim8p00

Banned
I just had a fucking EPIC game winning kill. I'm on highrise, and I see some guy coming at me. He shoots me and hits me a little bit, so I go prone and shift to the side. I come out and take some shots at him, then go back, hoping that he'll try to go around me. So I stick a claymore right behind me, and move forward to see if he's still there. Sure enough, he has gone around and all I hear is BOOM behind me. Beautiful.

RavenFox

Banned
cameltoe said:
i put the harrier right in frt of our base because i figured they were gonna rush straight up the gut...some of their dudes had lightwweight, figured they were gonna blast out and head straight down the middle...so I placed it close to our base.

I didnt even notice their harrier TBH.....I knew there was a dude inside and was focused on him. Fucking lag got me on that one...
Ahhh okay cool :)

This has been bothering me for awhile.

I noticed in Spec ops, all of the levels are based off of a campaign level(not necessarily the setup of the mission, but the location). However, there are 2 levels on Spec ops with (what I think is) the golden gate bridge crumbling. Does anybody know if this was a scrapped campaign level or if it may be a future DLC? or do you think it was just a one off?

Lionheart1827 said:

I noticed in Spec ops, all of the levels are based off of a campaign level(not necessarily the setup of the mission, but the location). However, there are 2 levels on Spec ops with (what I think is) the golden gate bridge crumbling. Does anybody know if this was a scrapped campaign level or if it may be a future DLC? or do you think it was just a one off?

Scrapped campaign level.

wud

Neo Member
Lionheart1827 said:

you can't really make a mission out of a bridge

RubxQub said:
My way into the house on Estate is never through the front door.

- Jump in through the front/side window.
- Sneak into the basement door.
- Climb up the wood railing and enter through the side door.
- Get around back and climb up the logs into the top of the house.

The only thing I use the front door for is shooting noobs trying to come in from that way. And when I'm defending the house, I ALWAYS put a claymore at the top of the logs in the back and get at least 4-5 kills from it every single match. That way, no one can come from behind of me.

wud

Neo Member
Pyke Presco said:
Clearly somebody never played Medal of Honor:Frontlines.
The bridge was probably my favorite level in the game.

This reminds me i should really do some spec-ops/singleplayer in this game :lol

aku:jiki

OldJadedGamer said:
That way, no one can come from behind of me.
Uh, what about the like five other entrances? You'll get me once with the logs claymore, then I'll opt for the basement instead and come stab you in the back.

Finally opened Echo Ops on Spec Ops. We almost finished Wetworks too on the first try but I shot the last hostage :(

Some SOps missions are way more fun than most of the single player ones. Too bad there isn't a MP level based on the Oil Rig

wud said:
you can't really make a mission out of a bridge

Sure you can. How about the mission is to get through the bridge and rapel down onto a russian battleship/carrier? Part of the mission could be to take control of one of the main cannons and blow away another battleship. Then scuttle the ship and get picked up by a blackhawk and help blow the fuck out of smaller ships with a gatling gun. Sounds a bit unlikely but hey that would be pretty cool. :D

Fitz

PetriP-TNT said:
Finally opened Echo Ops on Spec Ops. We almost finished Wetworks too on the first try but I shot the last hostage :(

Some SOps missions are way more fun than most of the single player ones. Too bad there isn't a MP level based on the Oil Rig

The Spec Ops really are great, me an a friend had a great time on the airport one where you've got to escape whilst the riot police are attacking. I stole one of the riot shields and just plowed forward whilst he covered me.

Although the vehicle missions are by far my favourite, covering your ally from an AC130 or a Blackhawk is to much fun. Damn, can't wait for Bad Company 2 on PC.

aku:jiki said:
Uh, what about the like five other entrances? You'll get me once with the logs claymore, then I'll opt for the basement instead and come stab you in the back.

How are you going to get to the second floor from the basement tough guy?

jiien

Lionheart1827 said:

You know what bothers me? That intro/idle video that plays when you just sit at the main menu. It's typical game trailer fare, except for the one scene of the plane graveyard where you see 'checkpoint reached' at the top. WHY. WHY DID YOU NOT TAKE THAT OUT, OR RESHOOT IT.

I don't understand, and it bothers me to no end. It would otherwise be a perfectly cohesive typical game trailer, except that one scene. For shame.

Kujo

If only I could find green-bar games..

1t23qx.jpg

OldJadedGamer said:
I ALWAYS put a claymore at the top of the logs in the back and get at least 4-5 kills from it every single match. That way, no one can come from behind of me.
This is why I love Sitrep :p

Kujo

OldJadedGamer said:
Even then, if you shoot it I'll hear it explode and if you stun it I'll hear that too. I turn my speakers up really loud when I play because I love my claymores so much.
Then I'll throw a stun nade up, or I'll quickly run around up the stairs while you're inspecting, or I'll just keep walking cause I only just wanted to destroy that claymore so I can complete the damn challenge.

tiddles

Mojo said:
This is why I love Sitrep :p

The great thing about Sitrep is that you can see the explosives from such a long way away, almost across the map it would seem.... It's like having a big sign saying "Camper/sniper over here!"

aku:jiki

OldJadedGamer said:
How are you going to get to the second floor from the basement tough guy?
By using the stairs? I'll just run past whatever claymore you have up there, better have your shotgun ready!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
RubxQub said:

I once took out a harrier with the commando perk.

True story.
barney-stinson1.jpg

Jrmint

Have to say I'm surprised more people don't use the Tar-21.

That gun is a freaking beast, especially when you put a silencer on it, the accuracy is great.

I have been using it with Bling with Grenade Launcher and Silencer and just been wrecking people with it. I honestly think it is a better gun than the SCAR, at least if you're experienced.

careful said:
Is this old or fake?

http://gaming.icrontic.com/news/mod...x-360-gamers-wondering-“dude-wheres-my-rank”/

Otherwise, I gotta ask. WTF. I'd be pissed like no tomorrow if this happened to me.

To the best of my knowledge, it's true.

As far as I know it's not viral, like the other exploits have been, so it seems pretty isolated.

I'm also about to say something I can't confirm, so take this with a grain of salt. If you kill someone and see something other than +50, +100, +500 - basically, other than the usual, I think that a hard reset of the XBox (yank the power cord out) will cancel it out. I know for sure that when I've turned it off in the middle of the match, my completed challenges haven't saved. It's possible that a hard reset will prevent the negative XP from sticking.

But I don't know this for sure. I'd want someone to confirm first.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
divisionbyzorro said:
To the best of my knowledge, it's true.

As far as I know it's not viral, like the other exploits have been, so it seems pretty isolated.

I'm also about to say something I can't confirm, so take this with a grain of salt. If you kill someone and see something other than +50, +100, +500 - basically, other than the usual, I think that a hard reset of the XBox (yank the power cord out) will cancel it out. I know for sure that when I've turned it off in the middle of the match, my completed challenges haven't saved. It's possible that a hard reset will prevent the negative XP from sticking.

But I don't know this for sure. I'd want someone to confirm first.

That sounds very dangerous and surely can't be good for the console?

decimalator

Neo Member
My current hobby is seeing how quickly I can shoot down killstreak rewards. My current best is a harrier that didn't quite make it to its first hover point. I'm sure someone else's hobby is hunting me down and knifing me in the back repetitively.

Pankaks said:
That sounds very dangerous and surely can't be good for the console?

To be sure.

Hard drives tend to not like it when you power them off while they're doing their business. It's possible that you could corrupt whatever sectors were currently being accessed, which could theoretically include your MW2 save (however, I don't think your save is being accessed during MP matches). But if you know you're losing all your progress anyway...

Don't sue me if you break your console! :lol You assume all risk if you try this.

If you quit to dashboard it doesn't track kills or deaths or challenges, so I would assume it's also the case for experience. One guy that was on my friends list just quits to dashboard if he ever goes less than 3:1 k/d so it wouldn't show up on his stats. Cleared him off my friends list after a week so he wouldn't always pester me for invites after droping out.

Pyke Presco said:
If you quit to dashboard it doesn't track kills or deaths or challenges, so I would assume it's also the case for experience. One guy that was on my friends list just quits to dashboard if he ever goes less than 3:1 k/d so it wouldn't show up on his stats. Cleared him off my friends list after a week so he wouldn't always pester me for invites after droping out.

So take this as a safer suggestion than what I suggested :lol

mr_boo

I've been using the SPAS and I can't say that I'm super happy with it...it could be cause I'm only using one kit with SP. I guess I'm struggling to find a solid secondary weapon. Anyone have any advice at all? I really don't care so much about range with my secondaries (whether shotgun or handgun) - I simply want to be able to put people down without SP if possible. Please no launcher suggestions.

Victrix

*beard*
SPAS or M1014 (with extended mags) or Ranger (at ultra close range only) or single 1887 all work fine without SP.

I'd give preference to the SPAS or 1014 though, both work great at their respective ranges. SPAS is better at medium range, 1014 for closer range, multi target room clearing.

You just need to work on your aim, and either add or remove Steady Aim - I find I'm more comfortable without it at the ranges I typically use a shotgun, but you might prefer it with. Try both, see which feels easier to hit with.

Top Bottom