• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Aladuf

Banned
ultim8p00 said:
UMP+silencer = RAPE
So true, the UMP with silencer is probably the best gun in the game, it can be used so effectively close and long range. Close range it's devastating and you can pick off people at ridiculously long ranges if you fire it in 1-2 bullet bursts. It feels just like the MP40 in COD5.

RavenFox said:
Is this team deathmatch? I guess when its played that way and everyone involved is ok with it then I guess camping the house hard its not.
That's some serious fucking camping you just explained bro

We play Hardcore TDM almost exclusively and pretty much always in a group of 6. We've been playing together since COD4 so we all work as a team most of the time (unless one friend is being stupid). It's not camping more so as it is holding a position. I mean... it's the other team that keeps trying to take the house from us. We aren't telling them what to do. If they didn't try to take the house than we would just get bored and go after them but the vast majority of players on here are inpatient and that makes their judgment flawed cause they will just keep storming and keep getting killed. There are easy ways around this but only if the other team is working as a team which in this game... hardly ever happens. Most jackasses feel it's every man for themselves even in team based games.

G0DLIKE

The 360 version still connects me to 400+ ping matches more often than not. Any news on a fix? I want to play with my friends on 360 but I can't stand the shitty connections.

The PC and PS3 matchmaking always finds a good connection.. and I'm not paying to play those versions online.

F#A#Oo said:
Looks like the recently leaked future map pack/s content is real...

For those that don't know the following files were found...

•mp_abandon
•mp_compact
•mp_complex
•mp_dcwh
•mp_revolt
•mp_storm

cod 4 maps!
•mp_crash (Yay)
•mp_overgrown (Yay)
•mp_shipment (WTF)
•mp_Vacant (OMG FUCKING GOD *CUMS*)

Below is a video of the dude who had his video taken off from Youtube and had his XBL account banned...WTF right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmOw7fzi1so&feature=sub
This is the first I'm hearing of this. Any more info?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
The thought of playing Vacant again makes me happy.

Funny too...me and friends played COD4 again over the weekend and murdered the hell out of some poor people. Crazy how refreshing that game is...not dealing with all of mw2's bullshit at times.

Minamu

grap3fruitman said:
This is the first I'm hearing of this. Any more info?
It was revealed last week or so. Not officially of course. Looks like two map packs are coming. New stuff & remakes. I miss Creek :'( IIRC, the remake maps had their own picture included in the hacked stuff (you know, where you see a picture of the upcoming map in the lobbies). Looks pretty legit, especially after Bowling pretty much confirming their existence with the banning.

kuYuri

Crash, Overgrown, and Vacant we're also the only three maps you could play in the original CoD4 beta. Interesting coincidence.

F#A#Oo said:

•mp_abandon
•mp_compact
•mp_complex
•mp_dcwh
•mp_revolt
•mp_storm

cod 4 maps!
•mp_crash (Yay)
•mp_overgrown (Yay)
•mp_shipment (WTF)

Below is a video of the dude who had his video taken off from Youtube and had his XBL account banned...WTF right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmOw7fzi1so&feature=sub

Found where exactly and how? If this is true... at least they picked the 4 best maps from COD4.

Jrmint

F#A#Oo said:
•mp_crash (Yay)
•mp_overgrown (Yay)
•mp_shipment (WTF)
Crash - Hell yes, probably the best map out of both games
Overgrown - Meh.. was never really a big sniper
Shipment - Should be fun, hopefully they add it in Domination playlists again. But could you imagine chopper gunner and/or AC130 on this map? Hello 150+ kills.
Vacant - Hello Knife class :D Actually both this and Shipment will be great for the knife class.

Bring this soon 402! I am getting so sick of Underpass, Highrise and Wasteland!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Crash and Overgrown I couldn't care less about, but Shipment and Vacant would be cool. And yes, the OMA exploit needs to be nerfed if Shipment makes it in. It'll be even worse than it was with 3x frags.

Tural

Neo Member
The above map list was confirmed as fake by fourzerotwo. The ban issued was because the source of that list was operating a modded version of the game to give the appearance that his "finding" was legitimate.

Forum post denouncing them is here, though the IW boards are down at the moment.

Edit: Slight clarification: "The ban, if there was one, would have been issued because [...]"
Bowling mentions that in his post, that's just my assumption as to why such a ban would be issued.
These are fake. Given the source, it's likely a picture taken from a modded kit that changed file names to make it appear as such.

DLC is still currently being worked on and we haven't decided what will be included in the first pack yet. As soon as we know, I'll let you know.

vatstep said:
Crash and Overgrown I couldn't care less about, but Shipment and Vacant would be cool. And yes, the OMA exploit needs to be nerfed if Shipment makes it in. It'll be even worse than it was with 3x frags.
Oh please, 3 frag and martyrdom could put 4 grenades out within 2 seconds, and in objectives it was rare to survive for more than 5-10 seconds to begin with. OMA has nothing on that nonsense.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Tural said:
The above map list was confirmed as fake by fourzerotwo. The ban issued was because the source of that list was operating a modded version of the game to give the appearance that his "finding" was legitimate.

Forum post denouncing them is here, though the IW boards are down at the moment.

Nice catch, before things get out of hand.

Rayme

About that negative XP...

On consoles; there was a window of time where unauthorized players could set some malignant game variables. That's how some of the viral crap like exploding bullets got started. Luckily, the negative XP couldn't go viral. That should all be over, but everyone is keeping an eye out and working to make sure it doesn't become a problem again.

Also; the PC game got a patch yesterday that makes them immune to negative XP.

F#A#Oo said:
I'm gonna guess that noone has actually pointed to where on the disc these "files" are, have they? :lol

Willeth

Do we know the turnaround time on a "superhacked" 360 being on Live and it being banned? I'm asking mainly because this looks to be the block between modded content finding its way into legit games, but if someone comes up with a new mod and spews it all over matchmaking, will it be able to go viral and subsequently get stopped by MS, or will it just get instantly blocked? Is it still on a case-by-case basis for each hack/machine or has the plughole been sealed?

Ecto311

Why is it when I am running around the outside of a level, everyone spawns around me? It makes it hard to sneak up on a house or a structure when people are spawning around me making a mini posse of people that are good at fucking dying.

Also, why does every tard in this fuckin game think all windows need to be broken? I am watching someone come into view and this guy smashes the window right in front of me distorting my view and giving away that there are 2 people standing in the window. I need to play more hardcore I think so I can kill my own team for shit like this.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Tural said:

Edit: Slight clarification: "The ban, if there was one, would have been issued because [...]"
Bowling mentions that in his post, that's just my assumption as to why such a ban would be issued.

Riiight...so why did IW go through all the hassle of asking Youtube to take down the video...?

If the video and contents is a fake...IW need not worry...it would be just another fake video on youtube.

Rayme said:
I'm gonna guess that noone has actually pointed to where on the disc these "files" are, have they? :lol

This is my question. Where are the files at. They should be easy to point out if they are there.

F#A#Oo said:
Riiight...so why did IW go through all the hassle of asking Youtube to take down the video...?

If the video and contents is a fake...IW need not worry...it would be just another fake video on youtube.

I do have to agree, when you start deleting stuff you give legitimacy to it. If it was a fake, then who cares? We'll see who is the liar soon enough when the content is announced.

careful

Tonight was really terrible for matchmaking (PS3).
We tried running a party of six all night but almost every game it would drop one of us out. :(
Is it realistic to expect another patch for large party break ups or are we stuck with this for the long run?

Rayme

Willeth said:
if someone comes up with a new mod and spews it all over matchmaking, will it be able to go viral [...] or will it just get instantly blocked? Is it still on a case-by-case basis for each hack/machine or has the plughole been sealed?
The MW2 viral problem should (should) be gone no matter what.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
they need to bring back Countdown.

that map was great for FFA. Although i think people here hate it?

oh who am i kidding? I'm not going to buy any map packs so I shouldn't bother caring.

careful said:
Tonight was really terrible for matchmaking (PS3).
We tried running a party of six all night but almost every game it would drop one of us out. :(
Is it realistic to expect another patch for large party break ups or are we stuck with this for the long run?

Try changing the person inviting everyone too. It works from time to time.

Razor210

Is anyone else here with me feeling that this game takes absolutely no skill anymore, and completely depends on how good your spawns are and how much you'll let yourself camp in a corner or in a bush or near a doorway waiting for someone to run by?

Voltron64

Razor210 said:
Is anyone else here with me feeling that this game takes absolutely no skill anymore, and completely depends on how good your spawns are and how much you'll let yourself camp in a corner or in a bush or near a doorway waiting for someone to run by?
No.

NeoUltima

Razor210 said:
Being good at most shooters involves skill.
Being good a MW2 involves not being dumb.

Ok, maybe a slight exaggeration...
Luck plays a small role as well

smik

F#A#Oo said:

great point there is obviously something true to it, why else would they go through the hassle

ultim8p00

Banned
Razor210 said:

Hell no. What?

smik

do you think IW would release their first map pack around the same month as they did with COD4 Variety Map Pack

COD:4 4/4/08
MW:2 4/4/10

personally i would like it much sooner around late February

jedimike

OldJadedGamer said:
It's not camping more so as it is holding a position. I mean... it's the other team that keeps trying to take the house from us. We aren't telling them what to do. If they didn't try to take the house than we would just get bored and go after them but the vast majority of players on here are inpatient and that makes their judgment flawed cause they will just keep storming and keep getting killed. There are easy ways around this but only if the other team is working as a team which in this game... hardly ever happens. Most jackasses feel it's every man for themselves even in team based games.

Yep... that's just good team tactics. The way I see it, if the team you are on is ahead in points, then you can sit back and play defense (what most consider as camping). On the flip side, if your team is losing, then you better be on offense trying to score points. In that case, I would consider holding down the house as camping... unless the other team is being dumbasses and running in and getting killed.

When I play with friends, we always know when we're ahead and when we're behind. You shouldn't always being playing the same way in offensive or defensive situations.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Wow...so I finally gave the TAR-21 a fair shake and I've got a lot of crow to eat. That gun is a monster.

It definitely has a lot more recoil going on than the SCAR, as it should, but it seems insanely easy to get around that by just burst firing a bit. Sure, I won't nail the guy moving all the way across the map as often or at all...but in CQC that thing shreds mother fuckers :lol

I'm still deciding if I'd use it instead of my SCAR. I think I may use the TAR for closer range maps and my SCAR for longer range maps...but who knows?

I finally understand what all the fuss is about, though.

Hyunkel6

RubxQub said:
Wow...so I finally gave the TAR-21 a fair shake and I've got a lot of crow to eat. That gun is a monster.

It definitely has a lot more recoil going on than the SCAR, as it should, but it seems insanely easy to get around that by just burst firing a bit. Sure, I won't nail the guy moving all the way across the map as often or at all...but in CQC that thing shreds mother fuckers :lol

I'm still deciding if I'd use it instead of my SCAR. I think I may use the TAR for closer range maps and my SCAR for longer range maps...but who knows?

I finally understand what all the fuss is about, though.
Just tried it too. I'm horrible with the regular TAR, but once I put a silencer on it, it feels like a SCAR with more ammo. I was looking for another all-around AR after completing all the SCAR and ACR challenges. I think I found it. :D

Scarecrow

Holy crap, I got a nuke today!! On the cube block mine map, no less. I thought I was supposed to get some kind of emblem or something, though.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Scarecrow said:
Holy crap, I got a nuke today!! On the cube block mine map, no less. I thought I was supposed to get some kind of emblem or something, though.
Title after 2, emblem after 10.

Grats, though!

Mileena

Banned
Aladuf said:
So true, the UMP with silencer is probably the best gun in the game, it can be used so effectively close and long range. Close range it's devastating and you can pick off people at ridiculously long ranges if you fire it in 1-2 bullet bursts. It feels just like the MP40 in COD5.
I agree with this post. It certainly destroys the ACR, which GAF has a hardon for.

Scarecrow

RubxQub said:
Title after 2, emblem after 10.

Grats, though!
neat. I can't imagine I'll luck into getting it again.

On an unrelated note, I think I'm too dependant on the Gredade Launcher/OMA combo. That's usually how I can be in a positive kill/death ratio in matches. Noob tube indeed :(

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
I would just like to thank Rubx for his suggestion on using the scar with a silencer. I went 20-1 on Wasteland. The iron sights on that gun is fucking amazing!

Even though I'm still not winning a lot of matches, I'm having fun which is the most important thing to me.

Thanks!

UFRA

corkscrewblow said:
I agree with this post. It certainly destroys the ACR, which GAF has a hardon for.

Pretty big exaggeration right there.

The UMP is certainly a good gun, but for longer range maps like Wasteland, Afghan, etc. I'd rather have my ACR with ACOG for super accuracy at long range.

I use a UMP with red dot and silencer on most smaller maps. Terminal, Karachi, etc. are really fun with the UMP.

evolution

I just started playing online and damn im doing horrible. There dudes sprinting hella fast knifing me from from 5 feet away haha. And jeez the starter AR is an awful gun, hopefully the next one is better.

Mileena

Banned
Insaniac said:
>.>

<.<

the ACR will destroy the UMP at long range
Not if the person using the UMP can actually aim and control recoil. ACR requires no skill you just hold down the trigger. Also, no need for a red dot on the UMP, it's just fine with the silencer and iron sights. Bling means no Marathon which is downright terrible, especially with an SMG.

and I'd love to add some PS3 GAF that usually plays search or demolition. I keep getting stuck with kids going 2-30 and such.

F#A#Oo said:

•mp_abandon
•mp_compact
•mp_complex
•mp_dcwh
•mp_revolt
•mp_storm

cod 4 maps!
•mp_crash (Yay)
•mp_overgrown (Yay)
•mp_shipment (WTF)
Crash and Vacant are awesome choices. I really like Shipment, too - but unless they've changed it a bit, surely it's a bit too small for all of the new additions in this game?

Was never a fan of Overgrown. Creek was much better.

Top Bottom