• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
grap3fruitman said:
This is the first I'm hearing of this. Any more info?

Uh, it's been known for a week or so now. You could pretty much follow the twitter "@fourzerotwo" serach trend and have known it when it breaked.

Frankly, Bloq and Chinatown need to come back. And if I'm playing on the CoD4 maps, they need to turn off the bullshit airsupport.

Hit level 70 today. I'm fucking finished grinding in this game and I'm done touching it until they balance shit and give us the CoD4 maps on the PS3 version (ha. ha. ha. maybe in two years?).

Hello, Bad Company!

F#A#Oo

Banned
kaizoku said:
What emblem and title combos are you guys rocking right now and which ones are you most proud of earning? I've started paying quite a bit of attention to what players use, quite interesting. show em off!

vngs3o.jpg

Mine!

TheSeks said:
Frankly, Bloq and Chinatown need to come back. And if I'm playing on the CoD4 maps, they need to turn off the bullshit airsupport.
Bloc and Chinatown both can suck it. Bloc because it's quite possibly the worst map in any COD game and because Skid Row tars and feathers it. Chinatown because it's a throwback to COD2, has no real flow to it; just jumping out of windows, running across rooftops, storming basements. Swear, respawn, repeat.

Meier

Had a great game last night.. went 29-4-1 on Skidrow/Domination. Skidrow is definitely my best map if I have some decent teammates who know how to provide any sort of protection. I think I'll go for Price on this level.

I recently switched to the Booyah! (easy to get, something with like 5 frag double kills maybe?) title because I think it's kind of awesome. Managed to get a double headshot (All Pro.. what the hell does a skateboard have to do with this?) so I now have the headshot logo for my emblem.

Booyah.jpg
(yep, 5 multi-kills with frags is right)
Emblem-headshot.jpg

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I generally roll with some combination of these:

Dictator.jpg
(yes I boosted in a FFA game to get it...but it didn't harm anyone cause I didn't kill or die! I'M SORRY!!!)
TheGrimReaper.jpg

Gold_TheSilent.jpg

8-bit_price-1.jpg
Emblem-expert-scar.jpg

Tural

Neo Member
F#A#Oo said:
Riiight...so why did IW go through all the hassle of asking Youtube to take down the video...?

If the video and contents is a fake...IW need not worry...it would be just another fake video on youtube.
Probably because it's a burden to them and it demonstrates running a modded version of their game, which they don't support. With such a video, people bombard their forums with discussion about fake information, people who don't seem to care if it's denounced directly from the developer because a random guy on YouTube is more credible to them. It creates a vast amount of discussion and speculation for IW based on false information, and that is problematic in them having to deal with all of it.

The most effective way to silence discussion of false information would be to remove the source of that information, since trying to simply inform people of the truth doesn't seem to work all that well. I don't see why IW's word is being completely discredited while such a source as "A guy on YouTube" is taken as truthful, even while knowing the epidemic of modding going on at this moment. In this environment, people should be taking everything they see on YouTube with a grain of salt.

It doesn't strike anyone as odd that a lot of people are running modded consoles, this guy puts out a video of DLC that nobody else with a modded console found, and he uses the video to beg for subscribers and tries to bribe people with access to this mystical DLC? Instead, IW is being ignored in favor of these circumstances. Methinks it's a bit nonsensical.

Sill4

Pankaks said:
I still love fucking around with the riot shield.

Me too. If a harrier or pavelow fly in, I jut sit under them with my shield so my team doesn't get murdered.

I know it pisses everyone off when some jackass just runs around with a shield and bashes people, but it's soooo fun. Being a team player, if I see my homeskillets outgunned or stuck at a bottleneck, I take the lead with my shield like Captain America and lead them through.

Until somebody noob tubes me.

Meier

Sill4 said:
Me too. If a harrier or pavelow fly in, I jut sit under them with my shield so my team doesn't get murdered.

I know it pisses everyone off when some jackass just runs around with a shield and bashes people, but it's soooo fun. Being a team player, if I see my homeskillets outgunned or stuck at a bottleneck, I take the lead with my shield like Captain America and lead them through.

Until somebody noob tubes me.
I have been using the riot shield a good bit lately (at the expense of my K/D ratio) because it really is fun as hell. I don't like to waste the slot on it so I use the default Riot Control class which saddles me with horrible Akimbo somethings.. oh they're fucking awful. I really should make a Shield class so that I can have my secondary be a gun I can actually kill with.

UFRA said:
Pretty big exaggeration right there.

The UMP is certainly a good gun, but for longer range maps like Wasteland, Afghan, etc. I'd rather have my ACR with ACOG for super accuracy at long range.

I use a UMP with red dot and silencer on most smaller maps. Terminal, Karachi, etc. are really fun with the UMP.

And all of this with Stopping Power, right? I love cold-blooded, but it makes silenced guns and even the Chopper Gunner so incredibly weak in regular TDM (I know, wrong mode for that setup). I haven't had the chance to see the difference between CB, SP and Danger Close with the Chopper Gunner, but it felt like had to shoot forever at someone with cold-blooded equiped, whereas a few shots with SP will kill anyone.

Silenced guns with stopping power can be awesome though, as people won't see you on their precious radar. Stick ninja pro with it and you're pretty much a ghost as long as the other team isn't spamming UAV (which seems to be getting more common).

Sill4

Meier said:
I have been using the riot shield a good bit lately (at the expense of my K/D ratio) because it really is fun as hell. I don't like to waste the slot on it so I use the default Riot Control class which saddles me with horrible Akimbo somethings.. oh they're fucking awful. I really should make a Shield class so that I can have my secondary be a gun I can actually kill with.

To double my jackassedness, I use the dual 1887's with my shield. If people see me with the shield and have me pinned down, I will duck into a building or behind cover and break out the boomsticks.

It's amazing that most people just assume that I'm going to be sitting there with my shield like a scared turtle.

I don't play like this all the time though. Sometimes, for whatever reason, I just can't kill shit with my rifle. Like if I'm fighting a well organized clan or if I'm waaay to tired to play but can't sleep.

Meier

Sill4 said:
To double my jackassedness, I use the dual 1887's with my shield. If people see me with the shield and have me pinned down, I will duck into a building or behind cover and break out the boomsticks.

It's amazing that most people just assume that I'm going to be sitting there with my shield like a scared turtle.

I don't play like this all the time though. Sometimes, for whatever reason, I just can't kill shit with my rifle. Like if I'm fighting a well organized clan or if I'm waaay to tired to play but can't sleep.
At least those are accurate. I think the it uses Dual PPs.. on its own, I am deadly with the PP (although I prefer the Raffica), but I flat out suck with Akimbo.. especially if I am trying to do any sort of distance.

I am the same as you -- I usually use my FAMAS or Sniper Rifle, but if I am feeling like playing Domination and having some extra fun, I'll bust out the Shield. Even with like 30,000 damage reduced or reflected, I still haven't even hit the first challenge for bullets deflected... wtf. :lol

F#A#Oo

Banned
Tural said:
Probably because it's a burden to them and it demonstrates running a modded version of their game, which they don't support. With such a video, people bombard their forums with discussion about fake information, people who don't seem to care if it's denounced directly from the developer because a random guy on YouTube is more credible to them. It creates a vast amount of discussion and speculation for IW based on false information, and that is problematic in them having to deal with all of it.

The most effective way to silence discussion of false information would be to remove the source of that information, since trying to simply inform people of the truth doesn't seem to work all that well. I don't see why IW's word is being completely discredited while such a source as "A guy on YouTube" is taken as truthful, even while knowing the epidemic of modding going on at this moment. In this environment, people should be taking everything they see on YouTube with a grain of salt.

It doesn't strike anyone as odd that a lot of people are running modded consoles, this guy puts out a video of DLC that nobody else with a modded console found, and he uses the video to beg for subscribers and tries to bribe people with access to this mystical DLC? Instead, IW is being ignored in favor of these circumstances. Methinks it's a bit nonsensical.

If we followed your logic then IW should chase down who ever wrote the "momentum system" (a gaffer?)...that had far more widespread circulation...and is probably more damaging as those who bought into it probably started feeling good about the game being improved/fixed...:D once IW denounced it the deflation must have been quite tremendous...

I know when I showed a friend and sold it to him as IW fixing MW2 his eyes lit up...and when I told him it wasn't official...he wanted to spark me out. :lol

Sill4 said:

Nothing a good old 'nade won't take care of. And you're hardly the only one to use this tactic. In fact, I see the riot shield on a regular basis now in regular TDM.

It's hilarious to kill one user, take his shield and then march at him and duke it out using shield melee only. (and not get flanked by some uncool teammates. Bro-fight needs to be bro, dawg)

Hyunkel6

alterno69 said:
ei6z6d.png

Love my price, not so sure about the snake but it's part of my tag so it stays :D
Whoa, I always thought that it was an 8-bit Mario :lol . So that's the 8-bit price everyone is talking about.

F#A#Oo said:
If we followed your logic then IW should chase down who ever wrote the "momentum system" (a gaffer?)...that had far more widespread circulation...and is probably more damaging as those who bought into it probably started feeling good about the game being improved/fixed...:D once IW denounced it the deflation must have been quite tremendous...

I know when I showed a friend and sold it to him as IW fixing MW2 his eyes lit up...and when I told him it wasn't official...he wanted to spark me out. :lol

I remember seeing a Gaffer post it and then take pleasure out of seeing other sites post it up - I assume he wrote it.

It was a awesome idea but unfortunatly would never work on pub's with randoms :lol

RoH

F#A#Oo said:

Just read about the momentum system. I think it would have been better then what is done in the game now. I personally think the game would have been perfect with out Perks (free kills). But thats just me...

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I roll with this:
ICE_Man.jpg

Why?

1) I've NEVER seen anyone use it besides me.

2) The way I got it was epic. I was running up to Flag A on Favela. 4 guys were capping the flag, prone on the ground. I fire at the ground, blow up the C4, blow up the car, and everyone dies. It was amazing.

3) I have a Top Gun Ice Man t-shirt.

A big fuck you to Wardriving. Could the last house be any more anal? AAARGH

I also started new SP campaign on Veteran and got the remaining SPC trophies: Ghost, Colonel Sanderson, Pit Boss.

edit: How do you get I.C.E. Man?

Sill4

Zeitgeister said:
Nothing a good old 'nade won't take care of. And you're hardly the only one to use this tactic. In fact, I see the riot shield on a regular basis now in regular TDM.

It's hilarious to kill one user, take his shield and then march at him and duke it out using shield melee only. (and not get flanked by some uncool teammates. Bro-fight needs to be bro, dawg)

Yeah I get blown up frequently, but the blast shield helps a great deal. I actually encourage enemies to throw nades (not semtex damnit) at me to get the unbreakable(?) challenge.

But like you said, tons of people do this so I only use it every once in a while. More fun to RPG shield guys anyways.

NYR

Graf Nudu said:
Wait, if you crouch and knife at a claymore you destroy it, but don't get damage?

Mind blown..
Yeah, the OnlyUseMeBlade guy on YouTube does it all the time...

RSTEIN

PetriP-TNT said:
edit: How do you get I.C.E. Man?

Blow up 3 enemies with a C4. I didn't plant the C4. It was the enemy's. So maybe you have to blow up 3 enemies with their C4. I dunno.

Minamu

Graf Nudu said:
Wait, if you crouch and knife at a claymore you destroy it, but don't get damage?

Mind blown..
Wait, even from in front of it? I've seen it done from behind (har har) but not the other way around.

Could someone ask IW/402 (no twitter for me) if we will ever see a fix for care package knifing? I'm not talking about the speed, I'm talking about the fact that such knife kills won't register for the knife veteran challenge etc. Every other kind of knife kills counts. It made grenade running for knifers even more meaningless.

Fantasmo

Sorry if this is long winded but I want to get better and I was hoping I could get some tips.

I want to try and get my killstreaks going more consistently, which my friends are capable of, but I'm having a hard time with!

1) Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of

UMP
ACR
AUG

-So far what I know is that the ACR kills long range and has almost no recoil, but really needs Stopping Power to compete with the stronger weapon
-UMP I heard was short/mid range but pretty darn powerful, especially with SP.
-I don't know much about AUG but I heard it's great.

2) I keep finding myself in these situations:

- I run into someone head on, I kill him, but his nearby buddy will stroll in and kill me

- I run into a few enemies at the same time and I'm downed quickly.

- Nobody is around or is far away, can't find a battle. THEN the second I start running the map, somebody smokes me before I can aim, or they just see me running across their view and pop me.

- I'm terrible at aiming 3 bullet burst weapons, and I struggle with recoil weapons.

- I'm completely around a corner, but still die. Or even WORSE, I fire my Striker twice FIRST, THEN he fires Spas once but I still die! (this happened last night, and the cam showed that I only fired ONCE). Is there a way to optimize my cable internet connection for better speed?

- I keep getting killed by campers, I can't see them but they can see me. Examples: Estate, whether I'm inside or outside the other guy sees me first, and kills me. Or Invasion. They'll be up in a building, and I can't see them at all and I'm dead before I can even react. Or Rundown. I'll try to be in a house or on a roof and someone pops me before I can get a streak.

- Even when I know where the campers are, I seem to aim slower than everyone else.

- I'm constantly struggling with whether or not the enemy can see me, even though I can't see them. IE - It may look like I'm under cover, but I'm completely exposed.

- When I try to camp myself, someone always finds me or sees me before I can get them first.

How are you top players doing it? How do you get so many kills without getting killed yourself?

Thanks guys!

How are you top players doing it? How do you get so many kills without getting killed yourself?

They get picked as host? :p

The death that I find the most annoying is the death where I walk into a room or space and the killcam will show a guy sitting right where I thought I'd looked a second before and kills me. The color scheme in this game seems to vary to an insane degree to me. Sometimes you won't even be able to see a guy and yet at other times you'll think that you would be hard to spot and you'll see yourself being easily spotted on the killcam.

The rest is just lag though. Slow down, camp more. It's cheap, but it does prevent you from dieing a lot, in particular on a laggy connection.

Zeitgeister said:
They get picked as host? :p

The death that I find the most annoying is the death where I walk into a room or space and the killcam will show a guy sitting right where I thought I'd looked a second before and kills me. The color scheme in this game seems to vary to an insane degree to me. Sometimes you won't even be able to see a guy and yet at other times you'll think that you would be hard to spot and you'll see yourself being easily spotted on the killcam.

The rest is just lag though. Slow down, camp more. It's cheap, but it does prevent you from dieing a lot, in particular on a laggy connection.

The colour scheme does influence things a lot, also has anyone else noticed how one Sub Base that one team has nice white costumes which blend in with the snow and the other team has black costumes lol

I have been addicted to using the Riot Shield lately.

Night before last I got a 5 kill streak on a Derail MTDM using only the riot shield. Pissed quite a few people off. If there were any team mates with an attention span longer than a gold fish, they could have been cleaning up by sticking behind me. There were plenty of moments where I had three enemies in front of me and no way to kill them other than the shield. Its also amazing how many deflection kills you can rack up.

Riot shield
Thumper
Marathon
Lightweight
Commando Pro

My connection is so spotty that I have to not care about my k/d ratio. I've found the game is much better once you let go of your attachment to maintaining a respectable K/D ratio.

O, and Hi GAF.

RSTEIN

bobs99 ... said:
The colour scheme does influence things a lot, also has anyone else noticed how one Sub Base that one team has nice white costumes which blend in with the snow and the other team has black costumes lol

yes, but the black team starts near the central tunnel and have quick access to the upper areas that flank the central tunnel. It's hard to see the black outfits in there sometimes. I think it's balanced well.

junkster said:
Lots of stuff

Um...play the game more? Once you learn the maps, you should be familiar with where the campers typically set up.

For example, on Derail there is almost always a sniper on top of the houses, one on top of the snipe ledge at the warehouse, one on the metal catwalk in the trainyard, or in the middle building. Avoid going through the middle of the map and stick to the outside, either follow the forest/frozen creek into the back of the warehouse or go across the frozen pond to the generators/house (depending on where your team is spawning. Also, that was for TDM. Objective games tend to be concentrated around the objectives, so you should be able to figure out where people are). Thats just derail, but theres specific spots to expect people on every map, especially if they're camping. Highrise rooftops/cranes, Rundown buildings overlooking each bridge, wasteland snipers set up in the scrapyard and by the church wall, etc. Once you figure out the dynamics of the map you should be able to know which places to avoid and where sightlines lie.

Related, watch the killcam. Dont just mash X or square or R (pc? assuming its same as reloading like on consoles, could be wrong). Watch the cam, figure out where he killed you from. If you cant tell where he is (because hes a smart sniper who stays zoomed in) then its a little tougher, but theres also this nifty trick:
When you are killed, your screen will immediately spin and face towards the position of the enemy. Your window of opportunity is only about a second before the killcam starts up, but knowing the direction should help you out, especially, again, once you know the maps quite well. Also, while viewing the killcam, if you press start it will put up the map of the whole area, but it will be showing the enemy teams positions. Every time you get killed you get a free UAV scan if you need it. Eventually the screen zooming into their position will tell you enough, but that'll help in the meantime.

If you get picked off whenever crossing open areas, consider using smoke grenades instead of flash bangs/stun nades. Every single one of my classes uses smoke and I throw them all the time. Coupled with scavenger you can always move somewhat more easily. Either use them to mask your advance or use it as a distraction and go the other way (eg Rundown, toss it to the other side of the bridge and then go down into the creek, come up the other side. People will be watching where the smoke was, and you should be able to move safely to the other side of the map and come up behind them.)

If you try to camp, consider using Heartbeat senser, Ninja, and Coldblooded (bling with a silencer for extra campiness) You can stay invisible to anyone passing by with HBS, air support ignores you, you dont show up on radar, and anyone nearby you get an early warning. With silencer they also can't hear your shots. You should be able to tie all of that together to make yourself into as close to a ghost as you're going to get. M16 is a great weapon for silencer/HBS, lots of punch, very accurate and relatively quick firing. You said you dislike burst weapons so just use your favorite auto AR, like the ACR, TAR, SCAR, M4.

Behind a wall but dead: sorry, its lag. You just have to put up with that kind of thing unless you have host/ a really good connection. Generally 3 bar or higher games are good, but theres times when even a full 4 bar room will be 80-150 ms lag. Just find a good server and stay in it until you get kicked to lobby (or until you cant put up with losing to the stupid clan the game decided to toss you against). Make sure your NAT settings on your router are open, but other than that its just a matter of whats in the tubes

WEAPONS:
AUG has great power, great range, and is stupidly accurate. But do not fire it in more than 2 or 3 shot bursts. Throw a grip on it with stopping power and people can drop in 2-3 shots easy, at ranges far beyond what an AR can typically handle. I find the iron sights good enough to not use a sight, but thats subjective. Don't put a silencer on the thing, the shots spray all over the place. Also, RPD is basically identical but has a larger clip and longer reload time. Your call.

ACR is laser like in accuracy and has a great fire rate and decent size mags. But the power leaves a little to be desired, as in 5-6 shots to drop people at range even with stopping power. I love it, but think the M16/FAMAS are far better rifles at range and the SCAR packs a hell of a lot of punch too. It comes down to preference, if you already have a good AR that you're comfortable with stick to that.

UMP gets a lot of love here, and more power to the people that can use it. But I personally find that SMGs are really not that great in this game. I only use the P90, and its reserved for my knife runner class(for mobility) so it rarely even gets pulled out unless theres 2 guys looking at me from range, in which case its kind of an "oh shit, hope I get one" kind of thing. The SMGs just feel like underclassed auto ARs this time around, though in an up close panic situation nothing (other than shotties/commando lunges) beats a P90/Uzi spraying from the hip with steady aim and stopping power.

Pete Rock

junkster said:
-I don't know much about AUG but I heard it's great.
Much like the shotguns, most of them are pretty crappy without the grip unlocked. I wouldn't really recommend the AUG, but the LMG is just as much a "class" in this game as the SMG runners. You end up using sniper tactics to lay down suppressing fire on high traffic angles, but due to the slower movement speed you learn to creep and do most of your firing from prone/crouched positions. RPD + Thermal/Grip bumped my KD up by +.5, and this during the run on my 2nd prestige. I used a silenced ninja FAL build from 0-70, then fell in love with LMG whoring. IIRC, for that +0.5% K/D my Accuracy took a hit of -%5, which is pretty much irrelevant because a lot of that is feeling out walls for soft FMJ kills hiding behind :lol

bobs99 ... said:
I remember seeing a Gaffer post it and then take pleasure out of seeing other sites post it up - I assume he wrote it.

It was a awesome idea but unfortunatly would never work on pub's with randoms :lol

That would be me. Speaking of whcih, today was supposed to be the release date for that patch. Come on, IW - where is it? :lol

RubxQub

junkster said:
Sorry if this is long winded but I want to get better and I was hoping I could get some tips.

I want to try and get my killstreaks going more consistently, which my friends are capable of, but I'm having a hard time with!

1) Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of

UMP
ACR
AUG
UMP gives you high mobility, fire rate and damage, but at the sacrifice of range. People claim that you can "snipe" with the UMP, but they are exaggerating. Long range with the UMP is not recommended or effective.

ACR has a fairly quick fire rate and pin-point accuracy, but pillow-like bullets. It's going to take you an extra bullet or two to drop a guy, and is much more effective at a range than in close proximity.

AUG has stats that are fairly good across the board. For an LMG, it has low ammo capacity and it also has low mobility due to being an LMG. In order to weild that power you need to sacrifice a larger clip (other LMGs) and mobility (an AR instead of an LMG). It has a fair amount of recoil as well, which is worth mentioning as it reduces it's effectiveness long range.

junkster said:
2) I keep finding myself in these situations:

- I run into someone head on, I kill him, but his nearby buddy will stroll in and kill me

- Nobody is around or is far away, can't find a battle. THEN the second I start running the map, somebody smokes me before I can aim, or they just see me running across their view and pop me.

- I'm terrible at aiming 3 bullet burst weapons, and I struggle with recoil weapons.

- I'm completely around a corner, but still die. Or even WORSE, I fire my Striker twice FIRST, THEN he fires Spas once but I still die! (this happened last night, and the cam showed that I only fired ONCE). Is there a way to optimize my cable internet connection for better speed?

- I keep getting killed by campers, I can't see them but they can see me. Examples: Estate, whether I'm inside or outside the other guy sees me first, and kills me. Or Invasion. They'll be up in a building, and I can't see them at all and I'm dead before I can even react. Or Rundown. I'll try to be in a house or on a roof and someone pops me before I can get a streak.

- Even when I know where the campers are, I seem to aim slower than everyone else.

- I'm constantly struggling with whether or not the enemy can see me, even though I can't see them. IE - It may look like I'm under cover, but I'm completely exposed.

- When I try to camp myself, someone always finds me or sees me before I can get them first.
A lot of these sound like map knowledge issues. As you play, you're learn what areas on a map are safe. What are generally less used hiding spots. What spots give you great vantage points while being fairly protected. Where the choke-points are. How quickly someone can get from point A to point B. What areas of the map can you jump on to get to places more quickly? When you have a strong sense of the map, you'll be able to much more effectively figure out what areas are higher percentage in your favor.

Sadly, this isn't something you can get from just running around in a Private Match and exploring the maps. You need to see others interacting in the same environment. You need to have games where you get completely owned and figure out what they did to beat you, and how you could potentially mimic and counter that in the future. I personally was only a 1.00 K/D player for the first few days played in this game. It's going to be rough to start, but the more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it. I can only say "stick with it".

Only run if your as sure as you can be that no one should be around you (look at where you team is on the map, if you're within your own teammates you can more often than not assume you're safe. Wherever they are looking towards is likely where the enemy is spawning/located).

Never move forward and reload. Reload prone somewhere or behind cover.

Find a gun that fits your play style. You'll "feel" guns working for you instead of against you.

Don't underestimate the power of silencers. While they may take some edge off your damage, they keep you hidden on the map. You can kill a guy and his friend might not have any idea you're even there. Without a silencer he'll be more likely to hear you, and you'll definitely show up on the map for him to look at. I've had a friend or two report significantly improved stats when switching to a silencer.

Take your time. Don't rush things. Keep your killstreaks low so you can get the more often and make use of them.

...but really just keep playing. You'll pick up things and learn how to improve your game if you're actively looking for ways to improve.

aku:jiki

junkster said:

The solution to both of these is a shotgun. You need to learn the maps and when and where to have which weapon out, and constantly switch.

junkster said:
This happens to all of us impatient players. The best way to avoid it is to not run in the middle of the road, of course. Hug walls, run behind obstacles (meaning you have obstacles blocking BEHIND you) and take odd routes.

junkster said:
Put a silencer on any weapon you like and you don't have recoil issues anymore.

junkster said:
Not really, but keep in mind that the shotguns are slightly broken too. They can sort of hit the empty space around your character and cause damage, so you can get shot around a corner if your heel is sticking out. Seen that many times in SPAS killcams especially.

junkster said:
The camper doesn't aim faster - he has his sights set on the door you're coming from. Like someone already posted, you just need to learn the maps and the popular camping spots. Smart campers that find new spots will always kill you.

junkster said:
This is just a problem with the game, happens to everyone. You think you're completely covered, then you see the killcam and you were completely exposed with not a body part behind cover. Even though it looked like you were covered from your view. It's something that needs to be fixed but never will be.

junkster said:
They're not seeing you first - you're probably still sitting in the same spot. Despite what people believe, camping doesn't really work in this game. You get your 2 kills, but then you get noobtubed by one of the guys you just killed. Instead, you need to patrol an area like an entire rooftop or building and not just one corner.

I'm not a fan of camping, but here's a sure-fire way to get a great K/D: you can really lock down the rooftop in Domination in Karachi with the One Man Army kit. Make sure you respawn there with a hidden tactical insertion, two claymores in the stairs to stop the runners and constant noobtubes toward C or if they try to take B and you'll have a Harrier in like a minute. If they try to take A, you can get free kills from that from up there too. This can easily get you a nuke so long as some guy doesn't get a vendetta against you.

RubxQub said:
UMP gives you high mobility, fire rate and damage, but at the sacrifice of range. People claim that you can "snipe" with the UMP, but they are exaggerating. Long range with the UMP is not recommended or effective.
I think sniping is fine. Just squeeze off one shot at a time in quick succession like with an AR and you can take anyone anywhere with the UMP too. My problem is with the mid-range, it's just not as strong or steady as the AR's.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
You sound a bit like me junkster. I play like a friggin idiot with SMGs, and I struggle with guns like the SCAR as well. I end up pulling the trigger, not really seeing what I'm aiming and trying to adjust while firing. This kind of works for LMGs like the RPD cos they have huge magazines and seem to recoil less but useless for most guns. Nothing more annoying than trying to shoot someone with an SMG and feeling like you're trying to scratch them in the face with a sparkler from 10 feet away, most of the time I know they're not even taking damage. Thats why whenever I use my knifing class and I see an enemy, I will try to rush in for the knife rather than shoot with a useless SMG! No idea why people love them.

I think I work better with burst weapons cos they force me to aim, fire, adjust, fire and so on.

They also force me to move around intelligently cos a) my gun has a disadvantage in confrontations and b) I'm not as accurate or quick on the draw as others. So with the m16 I equip a silencer, cold blooded pro, ninja and basically flank enemies, creep up from behind or anticipte where an enemy is going. i.e. lie prone ad aim down a corridor if I think an enemy is coming. problem with this stealth class is the silencer, while essential for staying hidden means I have to hit an enemy with two bursts from my weapon, whereas non silenced+ stopping power = one hit death.

I have a non stealthed class as well, but thats nowhere near as versatile or effective on most maps I find.

give the burst weapons another chance, I hated them at first, but trying a second time transformed my game. for example I'd gotten say 800 kills in a few months of playing since launch but when I switched to the M16 recently I topped that number in a couple weeks or so. in the short time I started using the m16 it now has way more kills than all my other guns put together and its actually improved my game to the point where I've gotten slightly better at using the other guns too.

F#A#Oo

Banned
bobs99 ... said:

I think it would have worked tbh...I think anything that makes people have even a little care for the objective at hand is a good thing. MAG has the right idea...it rewards players who kill and get assists within the vicinity of the objective area.

I guess we'll never find out... :/

The game is obviously not completely balanced for all of the classes. Using a grenadier class with tac insertion on demolition pretty much makes it impossible to lose on defense. I can't imagine how awful it would be with one man army.

I'm starting to prefer domination almost exclusively. I've tended to just play TDM but Domination offers a better experience. There is something for everyone there. Campers are justified in defending an area, and those who want to be more aggressive have a better idea of where people are going to be and are awarded for capturing objectives.

F#A#Oo said:
There is an abundance of good ones for the 360.

For the PS3 that includes a mic...? It's pretty scarce platform for gaming headsets...

Someone on GAF recommended me the Turtle Beach P21's which I purchased yesterday from Amazon and they arrived today (Amazon Prime ftw) and I tried them out for a few hours and it's pretty amazing...

My only gripe is the length of the cable it is ridiculous...like 12 feet ridiculous...

Hmmm, these look good. And they are USB and I HATE bluetooth headsets (they hurt my ear) so these look decent. And good reviews and best off, they can be used with the PC as well. At one point I wanted a good pair of headphones to use with both my 360 and PS3 but I think I'm just going to have to buy to separate ones.

RubxQub

OldJadedGamer said:
Hmmm, these look good. And they are USB and I HATE bluetooth headsets (they hurt my ear) so these look decent. And good reviews and best off, they can be used with the PC as well. At one point I wanted a good pair of headphones to use with both my 360 and PS3 but I think I'm just going to have to buy to separate ones.
Turtle Beach X3 and X31s as well as X41s work on both 360 and PS3 for chat and audio.
Tritton AXPro or 720 work on both.
Astro A40 work on both.

These aren't necessarily cheap, but if you were looking at buying two headsets, you probably could shell out a bit more coin for something a bit better and versatile.

F#A#Oo said:
I think it would have worked tbh...I think anything that makes people have even a little care for the objective at hand is a good thing. MAG has the right idea...it rewards players who kill and get assists within the vicinity of the objective area.

I guess we'll never find out... :/

As I've said before: there's always the chance that some enterprising modder might want to try to get into it. I don't know what the MW2 mod tools are going to look like, or if they'll ever even be released, but I would love to see someone with those kinds of skills take this and run with it.

Ovid

F#A#Oo said:
Looks like the recently leaked future map pack/s content is real...

For those that don't know the following files were found...

cod 4 maps!
•mp_crash (Yay)
•mp_overgrown (Yay)
•mp_shipment (WTF)
•mp_Vacant (OMG FUCKING GOD *CUMS*)
Man, I love Shipment and Vacant. I will admit that Shipment is a big cluster fuck, but it so much damn fun. If it is included at least it won't be grenade spam fest.

Vacant is also one of my favs. Can't wait.

wud

Neo Member
still can't believe the amount of abuse i get for being 10th prestige everytime i join a game :lol

telling 14 year olds they're adopted never gets stale

RubxQub

wud said:
still can't believe the amount of abuse i get for being 10th prestige everytime i join a game :lol

telling 14 year olds they're adopted never gets stale
Did you boost to get your rank or what?

Top Bottom