• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Ovid

clashfan said:
Is it considered poor taste to stay at level 70 and not prestige?
No. Some people like to complete the challeges. However, I think you should prestige at least once so that you're able to unlock the ability to obtain most of the titles and emblems.

wud

Neo Member
RubxQub said:
Did you boost to get your rank or what?

save game trick to go straight to 10th prestige

10 create a classes, being able to level guns up and not worry about loosing camo's etc. made the game much more enjoyable tbh

Can you stick C4 to team mates?

Because if so, I want to equip a shield and have a buddy stick some C4 to my noggin while I rush a room of campers. Suicide bomber!

clashfan said:

Nope!

Of course, once you prestige you're going to want to keep doing it. The hardest (er, longest) challenges in the game save across prestiges, so you don't lose progress by continuing. I fully intend to start my second prestige once I get all of my nukes (I think I'm somewhere around level 55 at this point on my first prestige).

wud said:

10 create a classes, being able to level guns up and not worry about loosing camo's etc. made the game much more enjoyable tbh

Congratulations. You are now only the second person on this board that I have called asshole.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Defenstrate said:
Can you stick C4 to team mates?

Because if so, I want to equip a shield and have a buddy stick some C4 to my noggin while I rush a room of campers. Suicide bomber!
I don't think so, but you can do this with Semtex currently, you just have to be quick about it.

wud said:
still can't believe the amount of abuse i get for being 10th prestige everytime i join a game :lol

telling 14 year olds they're adopted never gets stale
You deserve it. I'm not 14 either. Prestige hackers are the worst. They just go to the top with zero effort and expect to be praised for it. With it comes the fact that high prestiges now mean absolutely nothing. They are often the worst players in the game, to boot.

Get the fuck out

X26

Banned
wud said:

smh

I cant imagine boosting to 10th prestige, it would kill the vast majority of what makes the game fun to me. Once I hit 55 gold cross in CoD4 I stopped playing so much because there was nothing left to do except headshot challenges on my guns, which only unlocked camo. I just love the grind and getting new guns, attachments, perks and challenges. The grind IS the multiplayer to me, the meta game of leveling efficiently and unlocking attachments is just as important as shooting people.

wud

Neo Member
divisionbyzorro said:
Congratulations. You are now only the second person on this board that I have called asshole.

oh no how will i sleep at night

thats right, with 10 classes :lol

Arjen

wud said:
still can't believe the amount of abuse i get for being 10th prestige everytime i join a game :lol

telling 14 year olds they're adopted never gets stale

Oh, i can believe it.
Because you're a cheater.

X26

Banned
Pyke Presco said:
I cant imagine boosting to 10th prestige, it would kill the vast majority of what makes the game fun to me. Once I hit 55 gold cross in CoD4 I stopped playing so much because there was nothing left to do except headshot challenges on my guns, which only unlocked camo. I just love the grind and getting new guns, attachments, perks and challenges. The grind IS the multiplayer to me, the meta game of leveling efficiently and unlocking attachments is just as important as shooting people.

Yep, which is why I do it, keeps it fresh. Too bad the period from 55-70 is such a slog though

RubxQub

Can't wait to prestige again and get rid of this monstrous grey cookie/gear rank (3rd prestige).

Despite my preference of perks, those initial 29 levels always remind me that I can be successful using different loadouts than my preferred ones.

Look at what you made me go and do:

Capture.jpg

Oh! Oh! And I've always wanted to say this!

Stupid Junior!

ah ha ha ha ha ha...

Okay I'm done.

Ovid

wud said:
I hate to break it to you but you do deserve all the shit you get. Sorry, it had to be said.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
clashfan said:

I have been level 70 for the longest time. The thought of losing Cold Blood Pro, Ninja Pro, OMA, noob tube, ACR, AUG, etc., terrifies me. I'll probably do it one day but I want to enjoy the stuff I've worked hard to get a bit more. I haven't even scratched the surface of all the weapons and perks combinations.

wud

Neo Member
tarius1210 said:
I hate to break it to you but you do deserve all the shit you get. Sorry, it had to be said.

why? Because i'm a casual gamer that performed an easy way to get 10th prestige? :lol oh no the elitists are upset with me

It hardly makes me a bad player either, 1.09 KDR and an 18% accuracy is hardly laughable

RSTEIN said:
I have been level 70 for the longest time. The thought of losing Cold Blood Pro, Ninja Pro, OMA, noob tube, ACR, AUG, etc., terrifies me. I'll probably do it one day but I want to enjoy the stuff I've worked hard to get a bit more. I haven't even scratched the surface of all the weapons and perks combinations.

What drove me to prestige was that I had just fallen in love with the FAMAS and my buddy had just prestiged. I thought, "Hey, the FAMAS is a starting weapon...I'll basically be doing exactly what I'm doing now...why not?"

RubxQub said:
Can't wait to prestige again and get rid of this monstrous grey cookie/gear rank (3rd prestige).

Despite my preference of perks, those initial 29 levels always remind me that I can be successful using different loadouts than my preferred ones.

Thats another of the great things, it forces you to play with guns you dont use, perks you ignore, and killstreaks you have left for dead. It always keeps things interesting, and honestly, the initial run from 1 to ~29(depending on what you were waiting for. Some people hit 13 and their good to go [SCAR]) flies by in the same amount of time it will take you to go from 67-70+. The ones I wait for are scavenger (21?) and claymores(31). The guns are good from the get go, with the RPD, M4, FAMAS, USP45, SPAS, and Barrett.

And yeah, the cog sucks. So do the next 2. Once I start playing again I will burn through 5th prestige so I can get to a usable symbol. (think I'm on 5th. Maybe 4th. I dont even know, its been so long. I'm going crazy without my 360!!!!)

somnific

wud said:
why? Because i'm a casual gamer that performed an easy way to get 10th prestige? :lol oh no the elitists are upset with me

It hardly makes me a bad player either, 1.09 KDR and an 18% accuracy is hardly laughable

i personally don't care because you're free to play the game any way you enjoy it, but what were you expecting, dude? of course people are going to bag on you because you essentially cheated.

todahawk

divisionbyzorro said:
What drove me to prestige was that I had just fallen in love with the FAMAS and my buddy had just prestiged. I thought, "Hey, the FAMAS is a starting weapon...I'll basically be doing exactly what I'm doing now...why not?"

same here, the grenadier default class is a big reason I decided to prestige.

RubxQub

Pyke Presco said:
And yeah, the cog sucks. So do the next 2. Once I start playing again I will burn through 5th prestige so I can get to a usable symbol. (think I'm on 5th. Maybe 4th. I dont even know, its been so long. I'm going crazy without my 360!!!!)
They all look good except the 3rd one, so I always said if I was prestiging to the 3rd one, I was definitely going to prestige again to the 4th one.

I wonder if I'll play this game long enough to get a legit rank 10? That'd be some sad shit...

Arjen

wud said:

Oh come on, if you're a casual gamer you wouldn't give a fuck about 10 custom slots and callsigns.
You probably just get a hard on from verbaly abusing 14 year olds, and your prestige symbol is your bait to reel them in.

todahawk

Pyke Presco said:
Thats another of the great things, it forces you to play with guns you dont use, perks you ignore, and killstreaks you have left for dead. It always keeps things interesting, and honestly, the initial run from 1 to ~29(depending on what you were waiting for. Some people hit 13 and their good to go [SCAR]) flies by in the same amount of time it will take you to go from 67-70+. The ones I wait for are scavenger (21?) and claymores(31). The guns are good from the get go, with the RPD, M4, FAMAS, USP45, SPAS, and Barrett.

Yup, very true. I never touched a knifer class before but as I was waiting to get to certain goodies I made a class with the UMP & spas with marathon, lightweight and commando. Holy crap that was fun. First match I had 10 knife kills.

F#A#Oo said:
Keep him as junior member forever.
Oh god, this. How perfectly appropriate!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
divisionbyzorro said:

Pretty much. Except I use the M4 and SCAR which you get at levels 4 and 5. By that time I also have sleight of hand, stopping power, and commando. Really the only things I have to wait on opening up are the TAR at 20 and bling at 27(?) and I made it there in a day and half.

It amazing how much faster you level up the second time around.

snap0212

wud said:

Lack of self-awareness? You claim to be something that you aren't, because... hell, I don't even know why you do this. It's not a big deal to act like something you aren't. Especially on the internet. A good player will kick your ass, even with standard classes... I hope every single glitch will be used in games you play. They just use an easy way to win, you know? This shouldn't upset you, right?

Mr M33

Neo Member
Brian Fellows said:
It amazing how much faster you level up the second time around.
Those Prestige challenges really help; especially the ones that preserve your progress after you prestige again.

RubxQub

DarknessTear said:
I'm 3rd prestige. Maaaan it'll be a while until I hit 9th. ;_;

10th is ugly, so I'll be staying on 9th.
Any idea what your time played is?

I think I'm hovering around 9 days played and I'm about level 55 on my 3rd prestige.

Meier

wud said:
Pretty lame to be honest. I would fail to even see the point at playing any more if I couldn't get experience. To each his own, but I fail to see the attraction.

I've filed complaints on two people who used the leaf exploit on Favela.. I probably would have done the same if I played with someone on 10th prestige some weeks back although I imagine there are a handful of people who are legitimately close so I wouldn't do it at this point in all likelihood.

I'm not sure if I'll eventually prestige. I just made it to level 60 and and there are still weapons I have yet to unlock and ones I've unlocked and never used yet lol. I really want to be able to use the AK for awhile since I rarely see anyone using it.

todahawk

Meier said:
I've filed complaints on two people who used the leaf exploit on Favela.. I probably would have done the same if I played with someone on 10th prestige some weeks back although I imagine there are a handful of people who are legitimately close so I wouldn't do it at this point in all likelihood.

The indestructible leafs on the roof? Or is there something else?

TheAzRim said:
Was playing TDM last night and some "clan" decided to make fun of my user name calling me assrim (at which I did laugh tbh) so I decided to nuke them. Nuke #24

Sounds like you should roll with us more often......

OBSJiesen

add me :)

EazyB

Banned
Meier said:
Pretty lame to be honest. I would fail to even see the point at playing any more if I couldn't get experience. To each his own, but I fail to see the attraction.
It still amazes me that many CoD players know full and well that they'd stop playing the game if they couldn't get more experience. Speaks volumes.

I hit 70 a long time ago and have no desire to prestige. I'll hop on MW2 when I want to have fun, not for some false sense of progression. I realize some of you just see the experience system as the cherry on the top and that's fine but still many of you say you'd stop playing. And who the fuck cares if someone glitches to 10th prestige? A legit 10th prestige would only mean you've played a shitton of games and has no merit in itself anyways.

Hyunkel6

Do you need more experience to level up once you prestige? Let's say you need 1000 exp points to normally level up from level 1 to 2, do you need more than 1000 exp points after prestiging?

wud

Neo Member
Arjen said:
Oh come on, if you're a casual gamer you wouldn't give a fuck about 10 custom slots and callsigns.

not even gonna argue that because its bullshit or you honestly believe a casual gamer is someone who plays nintendogs

snap0212 said:
Lack of self-awareness? You claim to be something that you aren't, because... hell, I don't even know why you do this. It's not a big deal to act like something you aren't. Especially on the internet. A good player will kick your ass, even with standard classes... I hope every single glitch will be used in games you play. They just use an easy way to win, you know? This shouldn't upset you, right?

Judging by your avatar you should be slitting your wrists to linkin park right now

I have been level 70 for 24 hours of game time or so now and I don't think I am going to prestige anytime soon. At least not until I get some of the harder titles and emblems (like 10000 care package drops etc).

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Mr M33 said:
Those Prestige challenges really help; especially the ones that preserve your progress after you prestige again.

Yep.

The fact that I now average about 20 kills per game instead of struggling to get to 10 doesn't hurt either.

Meier said:

Even when I rank up for the last time im sure ill carry on playing for the gameplay itself if anything, that being said as soon as ive hit the highest level on the other CoD games I just stop - the gameplay in this can be so frustrating that I may call it quits.

As for the leaf thing, how do you know theyre not just on the rooftop and not using the leafs on purpose?

RubxQub said:
Any idea what your time played is?

I think I'm hovering around 9 days played and I'm about level 55 on my 3rd prestige.

Heres mine from December 22nd:
Pyke Presco said:
8.5 days here, 4th prestige, level 48. Im going to say its mostly just the ungodly amount of time I've sunk into it, but mind you I've been practicing with CoD4 for the last 2 years, so I'm pretty good too.
I think I played a little more over the holidays, got to 56 or 57 at ~9 days I guess, but like I said above I haven't been near a 360 in weeks.
EazyB said:
It still amazes me that many CoD players know full and well that they'd stop playing the game if they couldn't get more experience. Speaks volumes.

I hit 70 a long time ago and have no desire to prestige. I'll hop on MW2 when I want to have fun, not for some false sense of progression. I realize some of you just see the experience system as the cherry on the top and that's fine but still many of you say you'd stop playing. And who the fuck cares if someone glitches to 10th prestige? A legit 10th prestige would only mean you've played a shitton of games and has no merit in itself anyways.
Speaking only for myself, I find the gameplay of the game to be good. Call of Duty has always flowed really well. But without that carrot to keep bringing me back I see no reason to pick it over any other game. Halo 3 was huge with me until I got CoD4, and then it was over. Every shooter after that had nothing to draw me back but the base gameplay, and CoD does base gameplay as well as anything else. TF2 on the PC finally hooked me with loot drops and class upgrades, and that dragged me away from CoD4 for quite a while.

In other words, I am a loot whore, and I love FPS. And these games appeal both sides of that equation. As soon as theres no more carrots dangling at the end of the rope theres only the stick and the times in between getting hit with it. Sure, that stroll through the park is fun, but then whack! There goes all the enjoyment.

Wow, that analogy got REALLY shitty at the end. If there isnt a continuous draw to drag me in, I will find something else to do so, or simply find somethign fresh. The gameplay is good, but not so good that I'd rather play it over something new if I wasnt getting anything out of it

Brian Fellows said:
Thats my favorite one but I'll never get it because I don't use throwing knives ever.

Thats ok. Once you prestige and get 250 melee kills the emblem is yours. It has nothing to do with throwing knives. (also comes with the gold skulled "Blade Master" title)

Top Bottom