• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Kujo

Yeah this is pissing me off, just had 3 Sabotage matches where people were using the Emergency/Care Package glitch. Airdrops coming in every 20 seconds, ugh.

Raiden

Banned
I have been playing this game for a while now but i never ever saw the care package glitch, does it happen on 360 as well? Also i only play Team Deatmatch normal and HC so...?

I did have the ice skating stuff once, weird stuff.

NeoCross

:lol It's like every game I join someone's always doing the care package glitch

Not as annoying as care package runners tho, hate that shit :lol

Seanspeed

Banned
I've never seen this glitch(and quite a few of the others that are apparently 'common place'.

You sure that your team simply isn't sucking balls and getting killed at an alarming rate?

And why is it that its only ever 'the other team' thats doing this?

Garjon

I thought they fixed the care package glitch(es)? Oh well, IW's laundry list of bugs to fix in the next patch must be enormous:lol

Hold on, isn't there some sort of failsafe to stop this many care packages being on the map at once (well, of course when the airdops actually LAND on the map that it ;) )

Seanspeed said:
I've never seen this glitch(and quite a few of the others that are apparently 'common place'.

You sure that your team simply isn't sucking balls and getting killed at an alarming rate?

It's never always the "the other team" that does it. People on my team do it all the time. Hell, I've tried it out. Now that everyone's doing it, it's officially a viable strategy.

I don't really know how you haven't seen this glitch yet. It seems like someone is doing it in literally every game that I play (HC HQ, Ground War, other objective gametypes). It's more rare to see in TDM games since they're so short in comparison to Domination, HQ, etc.

RavenFox

Banned
Raiden said:
I have been playing this game for a while now but i never ever saw the care package glitch, does it happen on 360 as well? Also i only play Team Deatmatch normal and HC so...?

I did have the ice skating stuff once, weird stuff.
Its not an issue of seeing it but knowing. If you constantly hear enemy care package incoming then you know someone is violating the tos.
Bumblebeetuna said:
Oh damn, it also works with the Emergency Airdrop? Holy shit I have to check this out :lol
Smart move to keep your online ID hidden...

careful

backflip10019 said:
I don't really know how you haven't seen this glitch yet. It seems like someone is doing it in literally every game that I play (HC HQ, Ground War, other objective gametypes). It's more rare to see in TDM games since they're so short in comparison to Domination, HQ, etc.
This is true. I play exclusively TDM and I haven't come across infinite care packages yet *crosses fingers*.

And :lol at Nudu not knowing about Mercenary TDM.

Raxus

:lol All these stories of glitches makes me glad I quit playing with anyone but friends. IW were stupid not to do a beta test on this game, making shotguns secondary, and hell the care packages in general are just a bad idea. Hopefully they will bury the care package glitches by the time the new maps are released.

eh when i see any of those care-package glitchers i make it my business to murder them until they leave i dont care how many times i die or lose i will rape them

backflip10019 said:
Ugh, good thing that Microsoft allows the patching process to be so quick and easy.

i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

Btw. I don't get people using OMA, when there's Scavenger.

Scavenger Pro + Danger Close Pro + Noobtube + Claymore = 100% Win.

Seriously, if I ever start to suck with another setup, I switch to that and it's smooth sailing.

The care packahe glitch must be easy to do on highrise... Was playing domination and this is what happened:

-11 harriers
-3 chopper gunners
-4 ac130s
-6 pave lows

It also works with sentry guns and the other team had 5 of those at once. Lets say I had no problem quitting that match.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Seanspeed said:

People really tend to exaggerate when talking about this stuff. Seeing a glitch two times out of ten games seems to equate to "every game" to some people. I don't think I've seen anyone using the infinite care package glitch yet, and I've played a LOT this week.

The only glitch I've seen enough times to be noteworthy is the care package runner glitch. I played against a few people using it last night, and fuck is it ever annoying. I can't believe anyone thought that was legit tactic. The characters look fucking ridiculous and super-human.

vatstep said:
People really tend to exaggerate when talking about this stuff. Seeing a glitch two times out of ten games seems to equate to "every game" to some people. I don't think I've seen anyone using the infinite care package glitch yet, and I've played a LOT this week.

The only glitch I've seen enough times to be noteworthy is the care package runner glitch. I played against a few people using it last night, and fuck is it ever annoying. I can't believe anyone thought that was legit tactic. The characters look fucking ridiculous and super-human.

People are not exaggerating. It's almost every other objective based game when I play (PS3).

When you see 4 emergency airdrops back to back, you know their glitching.

Fitz

Graf Nudu said:

Whats not to get? Being able to completly reload all your supplies without having to run over an enemy corpse means a noobtuber can stay out of the line of fire easier, whilst being able to waste ammo without a worry, also means you can get 2 claymores down right from spawn.

Only advantage with Scavenger is being to go anti-air.

AnnHog

Meh I played for 5 hours last night and still have not seen the care package glitch that everyone is talking about. Must be lucky.

moai

also never been in a game with the care package glitch, but with the millions playing the game maybe i'm just lucky (360 btw). or maybe i didn't noticed people doing it?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
huacst21 said:
People are not exaggerating. It's almost every other objective based game when I play (PS3).

When you see 4 emergency airdrops back to back, you know their glitching.
Maybe it's worse on PS3, because I play objective-based games almost exclusively and I haven't noticed anyone using it on 360. As far as people exaggerating goes, I'm not just referring to this glitch — I'm talking about all of the ones that have come and gone. People acted like the javelin glitch was the end of the world, and yet I personally only saw five or six people using it (and I was playing frequently at that time).

Ecto311

Graf Nudu said:

Seriously, if I ever start to suck with another setup, I switch to that and it's smooth sailing.

I just started using this yesterday and damn, it works too well. Most of the game I don't even need to fire the weapon just lay claymores and run over dead people. We came back from a 43 to 60 game by me switching and using this. We won 75 to 70.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
yeh honestly I play this game on the 360 for hours and hours a day lately, I've put in like 9 hours over the weekend, maybe some more later tonight - and haven't seen a single glitcher or cheater. I play domination, ground war, mercenary tdm, sabotage, search and destroy....no problems anywhere. except lag here and there and lame douchebag campers/snipers who only care about killstreaks. One asshole sniper on wastelands didnt cap a single objective and finished with like 40-7, I'm glad 5 of those deaths were mine. fucking losers who make playing the game a pain in the ass sometimes. yes I know it was effective and whatnot but nothings more infuriating than a sniper doing nothing but picking you off on wastelands from a distance. NOTHING.

After learning how to use claymores, I love it :lol got 8 kills in my first game after learning the basics. So cool. they just get a little hard to use when things get hot and heavy for extended firefights. And sometimes I'll plant one on a corner, die, go back to corner and its gone with no sign of anyone having set it off....maybe a stray explosion from air support or something destroyed it. but I think thats my new obsession for now.

anyway the game is still doing that thing where it randomly sets my sensitivity to low. what the fuck?

wud

Neo Member
kaizoku said:
After learning how to use claymores, I love it :lol got 8 kills in my first game after learning the basics. So cool. they just get a little hard to use when things get hot and heavy for extended firefights. And sometimes I'll plant one on a corner, die, go back to corner and its gone with no sign of anyone having set it off....maybe a stray explosion from air support or something destroyed it. but I think thats my new obsession for now.

anyway the game is still doing that thing where it randomly sets my sensitivity to low. what the fuck?

When you die your claymores disappear APART from Headquarters after you die and are waiting to respawn or Search and destroy (usually rack my kills up with them in s&d once you know the right spots :lol) You can only plant 2 at a time as well, plant an extra one and the 1st one you planted blows up

kaizoku said:
yeh honestly I play this game on the 360 for hours and hours a day lately, I've put in like 9 hours over the weekend, maybe some more later tonight - and haven't seen a single glitcher or cheater. I play domination, ground war, mercenary tdm, sabotage, search and destroy....no problems anywhere. except lag here and there and lame douchebag campers/snipers who only care about killstreaks. One asshole sniper on wastelands didnt cap a single objective and finished with like 40-7, I'm glad 5 of those deaths were mine. fucking losers who make playing the game a pain in the ass sometimes. yes I know it was effective and whatnot but nothings more infuriating than a sniper doing nothing but picking you off on wastelands from a distance. NOTHING.

Claymores dissapear when you respawn - thats why theyre gone.

I find it funny that you complained about snipers and then went on to talking about claymores, I find those SO infuriating, getting killed like that sucks :lol

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
wud said:
When you die your claymores disappear APART from Headquarters after you die and are waiting to respawn or Search and destroy (usually rack my kills up with them in s&d once you know the right spots :lol) You can only plant 2 at a time as well, plant an extra one and the 1st one you planted blows up

oh that clears up ALOT! :lol

care to share your spots? :D I was trying to figure out nice places to guard flags but its not so easy in the heat of the moment.

Seanspeed

Banned
kaizoku said:
And sometimes I'll plant one on a corner, die, go back to corner and its gone with no sign of anyone having set it off....maybe a stray explosion from air support or something destroyed it. but I think thats my new obsession for now.
Claymore disappears after you respawn.

My problem with them is that they *do* seem to be hit or miss. I used them a lot in CoD4 and never had the same problems I do now. Placement isn't a problem, as I learned how to 'properly' place a claymore back in CoD4. Its just that some people seem to be able to just run through them with nary a scratch. They definitely dont give you the same sort of security they used to, when you could block an entrance off with one and guard the other entrance. Maybe thats what they were going for, though....?

aku:jiki

It really is annoying how held back you can be by a bad Chopper Gunner. I've been on fire since my two nukes earlier today and will kill anything that moves - plus my connection is feeling powerful today and steals host as often as it can...but Chopper Gunner will not work with me whenever I get it. I had a golden opportunity on Terminal - managed to spawn trap them by A and I was using a Danger Close CG so I should've been able to destroy them.

Nope, chopper pilot decides the best spot on the map is to hover an inch from the cockpit windows and just chill there for the entire duration. Think I got like 1 kill. Motherfucker. :(

AnnHog said:
Meh I played for 5 hours last night and still have not seen the care package glitch that everyone is talking about. Must be lucky.
You most likely have. Most people don't do it until they have 8 sentries, 3 chopper gunners and 5 AC's - they'll just toss the package over and over until they get the one they want and then stop. That will sound like normal gameplay to most of us.

The key to knowing is the increased amount of Precision Airstrikes. If I even see 1 PA in a match now, I assume we have a package glitcher. It's the only time people ever use PA. :lol

Judgment

Neo Member
bobs99 ... said:
I find it funny that you complained about snipers and then went on to talking about claymores, I find those SO infuriating, getting killed like that sucks :lol

I hate getting killed by them too haha, and I feel like every time I set a claymore up behind me, the person just casually sprints by it and kills me from behind.

wud

Neo Member
kaizoku said:

care to share your spots? :D I was trying to figure out nice places to guard flags but its not so easy in the heat of the moment.

Its hard to list them for all maps, but the general rule is that they will sit inside plant pots and cardboard boxes - by putting them JUST behind this geometry, the red lasers are hidden so you can never actually see the claymore. The entrance to the house on Estate has a plantpot on the right as you enter, put one behind there as its a guaranteed kill. The luggage on terminal is also good for this.

Other than that, behind doors near flags - always angle claymores because someone with lightweight can outsprint a claymore that is at a straight angle to a door

Seanspeed

Banned
aku:jiki said:
If I even see 1 PA in a match now, I assume we have a package glitcher. It's the only time people ever use PA. :lol
I think that sort of 'assumption' is part of what contributes to the exaggeration of these claims.

"Oh, there's 2 care packages in a row, must be a glitcher."

"Oh, I started firing first and still died, they must have a lag switch."

Etc etc

I'm not saying there's nothing to these claims, just that I'd guess that there's a fairly decent percentage of claims that are false and/or exaggerated.

aku:jiki

kaizoku said:

You can't really use claymores to guard flags if you mean Domination. They're too obvious. Use C4's instead, they always work for flag-guarding. :D

Seanspeed said:
I think that sort of 'assumption' is part of what contributes to the exaggeration of these claims.
That's awesome that you know what an assumption is, but do you play the game? Nobody ever uses Precision Airstrike, because it sucks. It's an incredibly reasonable assumption.

Played for about 5 hours last night (PS3) did not see the care package glitch. But my friend got 2 care packages legitimitley, threw them both back to back and got 2 chopper gunners, my mind was blown.

Seanspeed

Banned
That's awesome that you know what an assumption is, but do you play the game? Nobody ever uses Precision Airstrike, because it sucks. It's an incredibly reasonable assumption.
I see them more often that I see all these 'glitches' that you guys are talking about.....

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Fuck this game so fucking much.

Infinite care packages are now fucking up every single god damned game.

I hope everyone at Infinity Ward is working overtime everyday until this shit gets fixed, and they are escalating patching through certification. Fuck these lazy ass releases.

Victrix

*beard*
Seanspeed said:
I see them more often that I see all these 'glitches' that you guys are talking about.....

Fuck off with that smarmy attitude. A good third of the matches I've played over the last several nights were loaded with some jackass off in a corner of the map calling in care packages for the entire game with an awesome score of 6-17 or so.

And yes, I'm instantly skeptical if I see a precision airstrike or attack helicopter. For that matter, I'm skeptical if I hear 'care package incoming' at this point.

They patched the PC version though, so console patches should be forthcoming.

mattso

You can't really use claymores to guard flags if you mean Domination. They're too obvious. Use C4's instead, they always work for flag-guarding. :D

I've been using it. Don't really know why I started... but now I'm so close to 50 kills I don't want to switch until I get them.

I need 5 more kills. Then I will probably never use them again.

Seanspeed

Banned
Victrix said:
Fuck off with that smarmy attitude. A good third of the matches I've played over the last several nights were loaded with some jackass off in a corner of the map calling in care packages for the entire game with an awesome score of 6-17 or so.

And yes, I'm instantly skeptical if I see a precision airstrike or attack helicopter. For that matter, I'm skeptical if I hear 'care package incoming' at this point.

They patched the PC version though, so console patches should be forthcoming.
Forgive my 'perceived' attitude, I'm just a bit skeptical. I know how people get when playing competitive multiplayer FPS games and combined with my experience of playing this very same game tells me that its likely there's a massive over-exaggeration going on here.

Granted, I already admitted I mainly play TDM, so I may have missed out on this one particularly glitch for the most part, but I've also missed out on 'most' of these so-called 'common' glitches. Perhaps its a coincidence. I'm willing to accept that. But do forgive me if my rational mind tells me I should be skeptical, ya know?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Infinity Ward are the worst game programmers I've ever heard seen (super exaggeration, but I'm so fed up with these game breaking bugs showing up). These bugs are fucking unforgivable, and I haven't played a game so heavily that has been so broken in so many places.

I can't wait until whatever the next big game is comes out so I can forget that this entire nightmare happened.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I spend more time cursing at this game than I do having fun...but I'm addicted to it.

Seanspeed

Banned
No, you don't. You are wrong here.
Please dont pretend to know anything about what I do.

Unless of course, you've been bugging my Xbox360 and have been recording my gaming experiences, in which case, I'll freely apologize for doubting you.

Sealda

Banned
Something i miss from COD4: Team Tactical and no i wont play that third-person camera shit.

Thing i loved with COD4s Team tactical:

+ Perfect for the maps
+ Easy to get a full party
+ Easy to get a full party of good people (not just a couple of good guys and the rest fill outs)
+ Slower games
+ More tactics involved!
+ Easier to actually recognize the other players in your own and the opposite team!
+ 1 guy can actually make a difference!
+ Very little camping in the sense that everyone hates! ( what i mean is that sure, in TT people will sit in a building and camp but unlike 6 vs 6 you will be able to run all the way to that building and have a fire fight with the camper. Also, since you are so few players, everyone will quickly learn where the camper is located. In 6 vs 6 its too much people that you will likely not get killed by the camper because you will spawn somewhere else and quick get into firefights with other people.

In 6 vs 6 its too chaotic. In Team Tactical you can actually sprint a large distance being very confident you will not get shot in the back. Since there is 3 vs 3, you will know where the enemies sorta are. it is actually worth trying to get a base by yourself since there are so few players. Ah, good times. Slower tempo made that you did not get burned out as fast as in mayhem 6 vs 6 or even worse ground war.

th3dude

Graf Nudu said:

You know, I've always wondered if it would be better to use Scavenger. As much as I hate people who use the 'noob tube' class, I can't deny how fun it is :D

Maybe OMA is used where you're tubing/camping from longer distances, and Scavenger for those maps where you run around more.

And I'm the same way, if my assault class is getting rocked, I switch to my OMA setup and start doing well. It's a great stress reliever.

Seanspeed

Banned
Sealda said:
Something i miss from COD4: Team Tactical and no i wont play that third-person camera shit.
That was definitely a huge loss.

I've no idea what made them cut this gametype, as it was arguably the most fun you could have in CoD4. It was the only way I'd play objective gametypes. Playing big-game objective games usually meant having a number of people on your team who didn't know the tactical differences between playing TDM and Search and Destroy or whatever.

Top Bottom