• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

moojito

I decided to give the FAL a try last night and really like it. Do any of you folks know if its performance is reduced too much by the addition of a silencer? I normally put a silencer on all of my guns, but I think the red dot (and later I imagine holo) sights will be better for this, and using slight of hand would rule out using bling.

xDangerboy said:
well then that makes your comment completely unnecessary. just sayin.

In other news, I have become a firm believer that the M4A1 is the best AR. Thing is badass.
he never said he wasn't trying to get it

Nelo Ice said:
damn i only got 10 since i stopped going for them after i got the emblem :lol

I got 8 and was impatient to get the last two because I was ready to prestige, so I got the other 10 when I was on my 2nd prestige. After getting the Emblem I don't really care about Nukes anymore. I also haven't seen one since the last one I used, nobody ever gets a chance to use one in any games I play in. :lol

Strider2K99 said:
Why? G36 was inferior to M4 in CoD4.

Nope.

CoD4-Weaponschart.jpg

Sealda

Banned
Graf Nudu said:

Wow, that is the most definitive chart i have seen. Never knew they had figured out drop rate, kick and all other stats. I would like one for MW2 that includes kick and everything else ( all i have seen have DMG, length, fire rate, you know the usuals).

But can anyone explain those bullets columns, with "Add" and the cross.

Xux

Sealda said:
But can anyone explain those bullets columns, with "Add" and the cross.

The bullet ones are reload time, empty magazine reload time, and I think reload cancelled reload time.

gbovo

Graf Nudu said:
Yet, you've chosen to equip the nuke? Sounds like BS to me.
xDangerboy said:
not really. I only equip a nuke if im going to try and get one. He was certainly trying for it.
I equipped it just to try my luck, but never really believed I could do it.

kuYuri

Graf Nudu said:
That the M4 wasn't superior to the G36. What the fuck do you think I'm referring to?

M4 has more range, better accuracy and unlocks earlier than G36. The only advantage G36 has over M4 is better hipfire accuracy.

Mush

You know what I'm having the most fun doing atm? Collecting all of the titles and emblems. It's like Pokemon to me :lol I know I won't get EVERY single one, but I'll do my best to get as many as possible. Gotta' catch em all!

Pulka

I switched the killstreaks from UAV -> Predator -> Harrier to Predator -> Harrier -> Pave Low.
I get almost twice the kills now.

aku:jiki

I lost two nukes to terrible play again! God damn it! I was incredibly close running and gunning on Terminal and instead of seeking cover around me, I decided to go for cover closer to C where they were coming from...right as everyone was coming. Got one guy but the other 2 got me good. That was like 22.

Then I said fuck this shit, I need a nuke and decided to noobtube camp Terminal for one and did well with camping for once! Only I camped too hard and only got to 24 before we won the match. Had I left my camping spot just 5 seconds sooner, I could've gotten that tube off at that guy below the escalators. Was aiming and pressing RT _right_ as the match ended. :(

Tried to repeat the cheap nuke on Karachi and had the same thing! Only reached 20 because I was playing it too safe. Camping really is not my thing...

Nelo Ice said:
man screw the counter mvp challenge!

i swear i was incredibly close to getting it today on tdm on estate ladjljdfa
This challenge is almost as impossible as the one for tossing grenades back! The MVP always has like 7-11 deaths, you can never get that elite sniper-camper 10 times! Maybe if I focus on finding him and doing only this for a couple of matches...but then he won't be the MVP!

Pulka said:
I switched the killstreaks from UAV -> Predator -> Harrier to Predator -> Harrier -> Pave Low.
I get almost twice the kills now.
This is the saddest part of nuke-hunting. You reach your streak much less often so you have many more 1.0 games than 3.0 games, which is very discouraging for getting that nuke. :(

Sounds like I need to go back to my funstreak of Predator/Harrier/EA for a while. :lol

Minamu

twdnewh_k said:
I wonder if they'll bring in some of the COD4 favorites in any of the map packs.

Any news on that yet ?
There are rumors floating around but they have been debunked by Bowling, giving them some validity :) Some hacker on youtube apparently managed to get his hands on two map packs but IW obviously claim it's fake stuff.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
well I been doing some claymore research and there's a few handy tips on youtube. I didn't realise claymores only blast forward so you gotta aim them in the direction you want them to explode. and the detection zone is bigger than I thought too. so instead of placing them by doors and ladders like I have been, its better to place them further back. Interesting.

I thought I wasn't gonna play the game much today but when I see shit like this I just gotta go try it out! :lol

edit: I know you can have 2 claymores live at once using scavenger/OMA - but do you get notified when a claymore is destroyed/activated so you can go replant it or whatever? I've seen claymores blow up for no reason and I think that was because someone planted a third claymore so his first one blows up. I'd rather avoid that. It would also help me figure out why my claymores might be working/not working i.e. people didn't go there or my placement was wrong so people just walked past it. I move around a lot so sticking around isn't really my thing.

I completed a challenge I never thought I'd get yesterday! Some guy was in last stand and I usually finish those guys off instinctively with my primary but this one time I suddenly remembered you can kill them by throwing a grenade and hitting them with it. Chucked my stun grenade at his face :D so satisfying.

Vitruviux

Banned
Does anybody else have a hard time switching from CoD4 to MW2?

I could mow people down in CoD4
RxL6p.png

Yet in MW2 I constantly get my ass kicked.

I don't understand exactly what's changed, it seems the game might be more camper oriented and weapon damage in normal mode is like hardcore mode in CoD4.

Also the lag.

_Xenon_

Banned
Vitruviux said:
Does anybody else have a hard time switching from CoD4 to MW2?

I could mow people down in CoD4

Yet in MW2 I constantly get my ass kicked.

I don't understand exactly what's changed, it seems the game might be more camper oriented and weapon damage in normal mode is like hardcore mode in CoD4.

Also the lag.
I think people that are still playing MW2 right now are mostly core gamers who know how to exploit the game (camper/knifer/tuber/etc). The newbie friendly time has already passed.

Vitruviux

Banned
_Xenon_ said:
I think people that are still playing MW2 right now are mostly core gamers who know how to exploit the game (camper/knifer/tuber/etc). The newbie friendly time has already passed.

I'm not exactly a newbie, I've been playing Call of Duty from the very first game and kicking ass in everyone of them, except MW2.

Sometimes I really don't get the matchmaking in online games of MW2..

I was playing TDM and there where three guys having prestiged two and three times, some other guy and me having prestiged once and a bunch of noobs.

These three other guys were pretty good, played 2-3 rounds with mostly the best scores overall. As it went further they were always put together in a team. I played like 10-12 rounds and I was in their team once. I don't get it. If it even wasn't fair by the score and kills, why does this game keep them in one team?

I don't want to rant or blame other people, but I mostly was the only one who had a postive score and tried to shoot down their harriers and choppers they constantly had, while those Level 20-40ish guys (all on my team obviously) just ran around waiting for the next death.

And don't come up with your "But after a few matches it becomes fair", because it wasn't..

theplayer

Banned
Something werid that keeps happening

This is mainly in search and destroy because of all the round/match winning kills.

Sometimes it zoomz in REALLY close when the winning kill is shown, has this happen to anyone else?

I'm playing on the PS3 BTW.

Az

Graf Nudu said:

I was playing TDM and there where three guys having prestiged two and three times, some other guy and me having prestiged once and a bunch of noobs.

These three other guys were pretty good, played 2-3 rounds with mostly the best scores overall. As it went further they were always put together in a team. I played like 10-12 rounds and I was in their team once. I don't get it. If it even wasn't fair by the score and kills, why does this game keep them in one team?

I don't want to rant or blame other people, but I mostly was the only one who had a postive score and tried to shoot down their harriers and choppers they constantly had, while those Level 20-40ish guys (all on my team obviously) just ran around waiting for the next death.

And don't come up with your "But after a few matches it becomes fair", because it wasn't..

Could have been that they were in a party together.

kaizoku

_Xenon_ said:

I wish I could use a shock eyes bulging smilie sometimes.

This is waaaay over the top. I have been a proper geek and played this game faaaar too much in the past week or so and have not ran into any of the problems mentioned. certainly not on a level where I feel like the game is running amok with horrible cheats and glitches.

19 out of 20 games are fine for me. I never played COD4 much, got too angry with it, it just felt like a big gigantic grenade spamming spawn camping mess. Maybe I don't have all these complaints cos I dont have to go through this adaption period. I don't really play other shooters either. I'm a shooter n00b so I'm pleasantly surprised and relieved that I do ok with this game.

_Xenon_ said:

If anything it would be the other way round, the people that dont go on forums and just play casually wouldnt really know about the bugs and wouldnt realise theyre being cheated would carry on playing while the people that are in the know get frustrated.

kaizoku

wud said:
WHY ARE YOU FETCHING PLAYLISTS FOR HALF AN HOUR YOU Iuhajcuarey487rp9ewh

fuck this game

is this a PS3 problem or something? I never have troubles. maybe its just when americans play with americans things just go batshit insane :D

Seanspeed

Banned
kaizoku said:
This is waaaay over the top. I have been a proper geek and played this game faaaar too much in the past week or so and have not ran into any of the problems mentioned. certainly not on a level where I feel like the game is running amok with horrible cheats and glitches.

I definitely think the problems of this game are horribly over-exaggerated. I think when somebody does badly and suspects that it was because somebody else was cheating or doing whatever, then they go on the forums and rant and rave about how *broken* the game is, making it sound as bad as possible. Then they probably go and keep playing the next day after 'vowing' to never play again, cuz they know deep-down that their crappy performance was mainly their fault.

This game is like a drug I keep on coming back to. And yes, host advantage is ridiculous. I was host yesterday and owning everyone. I'm usually doing well, but it was pretty obvious.

FAMAS + ACR forever.

aku:jiki

Oh man, to counter my whiny last post, I just scored two nukes! Not in a row but close enough. :D

First one was my most badass yet - it was on Estate and the other team was terrible while our team had an insane dude who just wrecked shit (but doesn't roll with nuke), so I just mopped up after him. He was clearing out people who were trying to take B and C so I could take A which scored me Chopper Gunner in like a minute or less. Took A and ran CG, had 7 kills to go afterwards. Decided to just Rambo it and actually succeeded! The last kill was a lucky one though; I had just picked up an LMG (which I don't like but it was the only thing around) and gotten a bunch of kills from people running up the "valley," making a whole bunch of noise. I turned around and some dude was just wandering around looking for me, without using the UAV to find me. Felt pretty damn lucky to get that stab in. :lol

Second one was luck on Afghan. I flanked the team a few times and on the third go I got about 10 kills. They were right there fighting though so I barely made it out of there with screen full of jelly. Hid in the fuselage, ran CG and got a lucky one that gave me angle on the guy with the stinger every time. Got the nuke while I was still gunnering people, gotta love that. The lobby was all kids going "WOOOAAHHH NUKE!" too, that was extra gratifying. :lol

You've got to love the logic of inbred pathetic douche bag nuke boosters. The guy I mentioned yesterday that I stopped from boosting by killing his boost partner after I found them out, sent me a message back that I probably do it too since I knew what he was doing. :lol You're right kid, it's pretty hard to figure out what's going when one guy is 20-0, the guy on the other team is 0-20 and he keeps tactically inserting right in front of you in the corner of the map. :lol :lol

Infinity Ward, STOP these people and the tactical insert exploit and reset everything they have!!!

BolognaSoup said:
You've got to love the logic of inbred pathetic douche bag nuke boosters. The guy I mentioned yesterday that I stopped from boosting by killing his boost partner after I found them out, sent me a message back that I probably do it too since I knew what he was doing. :lol You're right kid, it's pretty hard to figure out what's going when one guy is 20-0, the guy on the other team is 0-20 and he keeps tactically inserting right in front of you in the corner of the map. :lol :lol

Infinity Ward, STOP these people and the tactical insert exploit and reset everything they have!!!

I'd just report these guys.

kaizoku

Graf Nudu said:

Just looked it up, you get nothing for MW2, if you wanna sell it.

Damnit..
Dude I mainly play mercenary team death match which means no parties, everyones flying solo. Sheesh!

F#A#Oo

Banned
Graf Nudu said:

Prestige doesn't means much other then time played...

I use to care about how ranks were distributed for match-making but CoD4 made me realise it really doesn't matter and it's the same with MW2.

Also If your a level 60 non-prestige...and there is a level 10-20 3rd prestige the level 60 should have the advantage of all perks being available (Cold-Blooded, Ninja etc)

Seen quite a few end prestige 70s around im assuming its a hack/glitch (360 version)

We've all moved over to HC headquarters, you can get some crazy amount of kills, stopping power isnt needed and you get upwards of 4K for winning :D

Well, just played a Ground War match where three players on the enemy team were using the care package glitch with emergency airdrops. The map was literally scattered with red boxes and they literally called in some type of air support once every 5 seconds or so. At least it was on Sub Base so I could just chill inside and pick off enemies strolling through. Ugh, good thing that Microsoft allows the patching process to be so quick and easy.

Top Bottom