• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
you know guys... I played some private match 2 on 2 and 2 on 3 earlier and its a blast, we're all in party chat together, its really hard for the 2 but me and another guy managed to play search and destroy until time ran out, almost won as well.

if these things are THAT bad, play a private GAF match. you don't need 8 of us, and you might get close considering how many of us are playing and complaining about it. or are we spread too thinly across platforms?

I always listen out for care package announcements and I never see them come one after another. Its impossible for someone to do this glitch without frst getting the care package kill streak in the first place and then calling in package after package right? so it would show up on the map and so on?

kamspy

RavenFox said:
If you constantly hear enemy care package incoming then you know someone is violating the tos.

wtf?

I don't think abusing exploits in against TOS.

I mean, yeah it's lousy for people who want to play straight. It's also distanced me from the game. I'm still holding out hope for custom public games with a 'room leader' who can kick people and set parameters.

I know, it's futile. But the engine and gameplay is so fucking perfect for a console FPS. No one else even comes close. I wish IW would make whatever they do with the analog sticks freeware and give it to every other console FPS dev. I'd love BF:BC2 to have that perfect MW analog stick code.

Seanspeed

Banned
kamspy said:
wtf?

I don't think abusing exploits in against TOS.
Strangely enough, it is.

I dont condone it, neither do I think its socially acceptable, but there should nothing 'bannable' about exploiting something that the developer obviously missed.

teeny

I just prestiged and the game finally feels fresh again, with all the bonus XP popups. Its seriously addictive, even if the only mode I play is Domination because dying matters less and I die - a lot. :lol

Caught a fair few boosters though, which I hate during objective games. It becomes a kind of meta game to catch these people, and the hate messages are a reward, in a weird kind of way. :D

aku:jiki

Seanspeed said:
Please dont pretend to know anything about what I do.

Unless of course, you've been bugging my Xbox360 and have been recording my gaming experiences, in which case, I'll freely apologize for doubting you.
And please don't pretend to be special. You have the same gaming experience as the rest of us. You don't have a magical 360 where the community loves the Precision Airstrike.

sn1pes said:
You know, I've always wondered if it would be better to use Scavenger. As much as I hate people who use the 'noob tube' class, I can't deny how fun it is :D
Scavenger is useless for the OMA-tube tactic, and only people who don't get the tactic keep posting that Scavenger is better. The whole idea of the OMA-tube tactic is to be as cheap as you possibly can, which means staying as far back as possible and just raining bombs on where you think the enemy team MIGHT be. You cannot pick up any blue bags while doing this.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
I think I shot down a helicopter and harrier at the same time today...pretty god damn sweet.
I was in a match today where the same Stinger somehow took down both the guy's Harrier and CG at the same time. No nuke for that kid. :lol

Speaking of kids with nukes, I was in one game where a kid was camping for a nuke and managed to make me his 11th kill. After he launched CG I went right back and nade-killed him while he was piloting, then the game disconnected. He was loudly crying about almost having a nuke in the lobby, so I just plugged in the headset and told him what happened and he almost had a meltdown. :lol

Does any one else get a lot of controller lag when playing MW2 online? Its the only game that i have a delay on my controller. Even the single player, and spec ops doesn't do it. I'm beginning to think its my connection. And if it matters, my NAT is open.

Seanspeed said:
Strangely enough, it is.

I dont condone it, neither do I think its socially acceptable, but there should nothing 'bannable' about exploiting something that the developer obviously missed.

It ruins the experience for those of us who want to play honestly. So yes, you should get your ass banned for glitching.

Lince

Banned
that's exactly (one of the multiple things) ruining the game, boosting for nukes, playing for nukes, camping for nukes... why having such an idiotic reward in the first place? the game would be awesome with UAV (3) + Precision Air Strike (6) + Pavelow (at 10 kills instead of 9). I want a playlist with only these rewards, should be much better.

Brian Fellows said:
Its just a girly version of the M16.

Nevah!!!!!!!!

Love the FAMAS, sometimes I fire one burst and they die instantly another I fire 5 bursts into them then they gun me down, you have to love its randomness.

FerranMG

I tried today the TAS, and man I couldn't get past the 25 first kills, hated it.
Big accuracy is a must given how I play, so this gun is definitely out of my list.

On the other hand, after almost 2 days played, I started using the M4 and dominating. 24-4, 26-4... Loved it!

Next time I'm gonna dust off the FAMAS, and see if the M14 lives up to the COD4 one.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
already got my claymore challenge :lol 22 claymore kills in a few sessions. I love it!

also ran into my first care package cheat. CP after CP raining down and couldnt see anyone on their team with a huge killstreak or anything.

Tried to hunt em down but had no idea who it was or where they were doing it. Is there a way to use the helicopter to track drops? I wanted to murder the cheating bastard but whilst the copter flies across screen its gone before I can tell where it drops the package off.

For what its worth my team still won so I wasn't too angry.

snack

I just got the game for the 360 (had the PS3 version since launch) and all I can say is I need some practice with this 360 controller of mine. My aiming licks on the Box! I'm not talking about missing targets by a few inches. I'm talking missing by a mile. I have ~21% accuracy on my PS3 account. I got a dismal 17% accuracy on my 360 account. My movement is more smooth with the PS3 controller. Have any of you played it on both consoles? What controller do you like more?

Mileena

Banned
360 controller is superior in every way for this game. Offset analogs is just SO much better. My thumbs often run into eachother on the DS3.

Fina1e

snack said:
I just got the game for the 360 (had the PS3 version since launch) and all I can say is I need some practice with this 360 controller of mine. My aiming licks on the Box! I'm not talking about missing targets by a few inches. I'm talking missing by a mile. I have ~21% accuracy on my PS3 account. I got a dismal 17% accuracy on my 360 account. My movement is more smooth with the PS3 controller. Have any of you played it on both consoles? What controller do you like more?

Accuracy really doesn't mean much in this game. I myself have pretty good aim, but I spam walls all the time for kills and I'm right around 17/18%

shermas

for everyone saying a precision airstrike or attack helicopter = care package cheater, couldn't it just be someone using ONE care package and getting one of those perks as the reward? there are plenty of times i get UAV, counter UAV, precision airstrike or helicopter.

my care packages are rarely AC130, AC130, EMP, AC130, etc.

Lothars

corkscrewblow said:
360 controller is superior in every way for this game. Offset analogs is just SO much better. My thumbs often run into eachother on the DS3.

Not at all, I think your just holding the controls wrong but both controllers are good and I have no issue using either for the game.

GeeDuhb

SpeedingUptoStop said:
I think I shot down a helicopter and harrier at the same time today...pretty god damn sweet.

I did that last week! And I didn't even see the chopper...I saw +700 and I was like WTF?!

th3dude

aku:jiki said:
Scavenger is useless for the OMA-tube tactic, and only people who don't get the tactic keep posting that Scavenger is better. The whole idea of the OMA-tube tactic is to be as cheap as you possibly can, which means staying as far back as possible and just raining bombs on where you think the enemy team MIGHT be. You cannot pick up any blue bags while doing this.

Yea, you're definitely right. I admit I use the OMA-tube tactic sometimes, it's definitely fun, and Scavenger would defeat the purpose.

corkscrewblow said:
My hands are just too big I think. When moving right and looking left I always have a thumb collision.

I'm 6'3" and don't have this problem. What are you putting your first thumb knuckle on the stick or something??

BolognaSoup said:
I'm 6'3" and don't have this problem. What are you putting your first thumb knuckle on the stick or something??
lol someone needs to remake that thread teaching people how to hold the controller. That was a classic a while back.

kuYuri

corkscrewblow said:
Just prestiged again... holy shit FAMAS is like playing on easy mode. This gun is a beast. I forgot how good it is.

Yes, I love the FAMAS. It's my current weapon of choice for S&D with the silencer equipped. I don't have a problem with the iron sights like most people seem to have.

This game really has the power to drive you absolutely mad! Rawr!

I just made it to 21 kills with the CG on Favela. I got the lucky high-rise angle where you can get crazy kills on Favela, but it only came at the end so it didn't help enough. I snuck around to their flag and caught a guy grabbing a care package. Then I got him again when he tried to come for me. Let him have the package and go on his merry way so he'd leave it alone. Found a guy noobtubing in my general direction by the flag but he wasn't aiming for me, just trying to OMA-tube some free kills so I got him too.

Some of my team came to cap A at this point and that seemed like the perfect moment to use them as cover to get the guy I just killed's weapon. So... You guys know that tree by A on Favela that makes it impossible to cap A in any fair manner, because the defenders coming to get you from that path get massive cover all the way to you meaning you have to lie down which means you will see even less of the defenders? Yeah, fuck that god damn tree and the motherfucker that put it there. Some fucker on the other side heard us taking the flag and just sprayed through the three. :(

Are there any other good button layouts that I should be aware of..?
I would pay 800 microsoft points for the option to customize completely.

Give me crouching on RS but the knife on RB, grenade on LB, equipment on B (who needs that to be a quick-button?). Awesome.

Raadius

Banned
Judgment said:
Does anyone else play on 10 sensitivity? Are there any other good button layouts that I should be aware of..?
Whoa, waaay to high dude. I play on default, including button layout (PS3).

Najaf

corkscrewblow said:
The only thing the M16 has on it is the iron sights. FAMAS iron sights are absolutely terrible.

Thats interesting. I don't care for the m16 iron's at all but love the Famas'. I did the bullet penetration kills with the Famas with no trouble at all thanks to her sights. With the m16, which I am still working on, I feel like I almost need bling and a red dot to get them done. The Famas has a much more open site which I like for tracking moving targets.

Top Bottom