• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Raadius said:
The game is not broken, your skills are.
:lol

This game is broken. I'm a 1.50 K/D with 19.85% accuracy with a 1.2 W/L. This game is broken.

Sigh...though it pains me to say it, i'm giving up on this game. The fact is, i just plain suck and i'm very streaky. I hate not being good at any game but i just gotta face the facts i guess.

Terrordactyl said:
I have heard good things about the sound quality of the Turtle Beach stuff, although the guy above me said they are not comfortable, but that's probably a user to user occurence. I would probably google the headphones for user reviews before buying though, and I agree I would also go all out if I were to buy them also.

Surround sound is absolutly worth it, given you buy the right cables and have it hooked up properly, if you ever decide to buy one post all your inputs on the forum and the Htib/reciever you are going to buy to make sure you will be able to take advantage of everything.

7.1 in my opinion is not worth it, they are really hard to configure, you have to have a room that is shaped nicely to accomodate and hear the sound properly. 5.1's can be tough to configure, but many of the recievers come with microphones that you hold next to your ear to automatically configure the levels of each speaker and it works very well. Even a poorly configured 5.1 system will sound miles better than your TV set, its definitely nice to hear somes footsteps and be able to hear exactly which direction they are coming from.

It is kind of a 'you have to see it to believe it' thing though, I really didn't think that it added much to games or movies before I went to a friends who was actually running a digital cable and was blown away (you would be surprised by the number of people that use old AV cables with their surround systems.)

I don't really know if you misunderstood me or if it is me who misunderstood you, I was talking about the headsets surround sound, the TB x41 is 7.1 surround sound unlike the previous models which are 5.0 stereo, is it really worth paying more for that extra?
also, does wireless affect the sound quality?

Raadius said:
:lol :lol

Anyone who thinks this game is actually fair and not broken has either not played the game enough to notice it or wants to gargle on IW's cock. Judging by your Junior status, I would hope that it is the former. Everything in this game is just so wildly unbalanced and so much has fallen through the cracks at IW that you can't seriously make the claim that the game is not broken. I understand that there are a substantial number of bugs/glitches in many retail games
*COUGH* Oblivion *COUGH*
, but the number of game destroying bugs in MW2 is ridiculous. Let's see, we have the ridiculous 1887s, the Javelin glitch and now the care package glitch. And then on top of that, the game can never choose a good host and frequently lags horrendously and drops the connection. I can't think of any other multiplayer game in recent memory that has been plagued with then number of problems that MW2. If you can, please enlighten me.

Raadius

Banned
backflip10019 said:

Anyone who thinks this game is actually fair and not broken has either not played the game enough to notice it or wants to gargle on IW's cock. Judging by your Junior status, I would hope that it is the former. Everything in this game is just so wildly unbalanced and so much has fallen through the cracks at IW that you can't seriously make the claim that the game is not broken.
Stop reading after that.

:lol @ judging my reply based on my member status.

Ecto311

Got into an awesome game and then the host leaves and the game dies completely. None of the scoring was saved. I know bitching on here does next to nothing. Anyone know of a better place to send "concerns" about this game?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Gio_CoD said:
I've been messing around with coldblooded. It's kind of cool. The other team must hate it when they call in air support and it's gone in seconds. Not sure I like the slower pacing of it though. I prefer to run around and kill people. If I were the head of a clan, I'd definitely keep a good CB guy on there though to fuck up air support.
Cold-Blooded Pro is awesome. It's hilarious when players on the other team don't even notice you because your name doesn't pop up in red. They'll just run right by.

Earlier, I was standing behind that desk in Terminal and aiming down the tunnel that connects to the plane, and someone on the other team came right up next to me and just stood there, presumably doing the same thing I was. :lol I saw him in the corner of my view and knifed him. I guess he didn't notice that I wasn't dressed like his teammates.

shermas

backflip10019 said:
the number of game destroying bugs in MW2 is ridiculous. Let's see, we have the ridiculous 1887s, the Javelin glitch and now the care package glitch. And then on top of that, the game can never choose a good host and frequently lags horrendously and drops the connection.

- the 1887s are fixed.
- the Javelin glitch is fixed.
- care package glitch is a bad one. I usually play MTDM, so I don't think I've seen it yet. i'm sure they're going to patch it.
- as for the host issues, just drop out of the game and look for a good match. it usually doesn't take THAT long, but people act like 20 seconds is FOREVAR when they're waiting to join another game. i usually have to bounce around to find a good, four bar game when i start, but it's not a huge deal.

sure, the game has some issues, but it's far from the shitastrophy that some people are purporting it to be. i'm 5 days in and i'm still loving it. and spec ops is great.

Anaxagoras said:
I don't really know if you misunderstood me or if it is me who misunderstood you, I was talking about the headsets surround sound, the TB x41 is 7.1 surround sound unlike the previous models which are 5.0 stereo, is it really worth paying more for that extra?
also, does wireless affect the sound quality?

Oh I misunderstood, the 7.1 in headphones? I'm not sure it would make that much a difference tbh but I have not tried them. I had a hard time wrapping my head around 5.1 sound from headphones though so perhaps they do make a difference, I'm not the person to ask sorry. One other thing, I don't really recommend the 5.1 phones for music though, the Tritton phones I have are much more tailored for games/movies.

Raadius

Banned
backflip10019 said:
I was obviously being facetious. See: quip about gargling cock.
Word.

Anyways, far as glitches go, yes the game is broken. Non glitches, IE: Campers, 1887's, Care Package kills etc. people need to step up there skills.

DuckRacer

Nearly all of the sabotage matches I played today had someone doing the Emergency Airdrop glitch. (Hell, on Skidrow there were three EAD planes dropping stuff off at the same time.) Plus there were people running around with the care package markers. The game is fun, but it's obviously broken.

I don't understand why there's so many exploits, MW2 and CoD4's sales are similar and the latter only had a few geometry glitches discovered a year after release. :/

Sealda

Banned
This game requires skills to get a good W/L or a good K/D. Those who say any thing else i believe are wrong, and i will tell you why. Even the most stupid and simplest game requires skills to be good at. In MW2 there are people that always gets 3.0 kdr and people that always wins their teams matches, those are the guys that has skills, its simple. Every game has constantly good and bad players which proves this theory, unless a game is completely random like a lottery the game requires skills to be good at.

But yes, this game is cheap sometimes. The fact that you can go from 18-0 to 18-7 in like 2 minute really bugs me, but on the other hand its possible to go 18-0 in just a couple of minutes too. But i think that is what agitates people, the fact that it can go really good and then it can go really bad, and that really fast. Its like sometimes its really just you being unlucky taking a route where you have no chance to survive because there are 3 enemies ambushing you.

Unlike Killzone 2 (in some ways), Warhawk or Wow PvP you do not need to have a whole team to get good scores. That is something i really enjoy with MW2. In most online games there are always the clans with their headsets who can slaughter PUGs. Its like, a clan has 3 good players, then the 3 other players are on a free-ride and gets great scores just because they are in a clan with good players with mics.

I remember Resistance: Fall of man, sometimes you met 20 man clans where they just ran around in big groups with rocket launcher thinking they were "1337", in MW2 that does not work, if you got skills you can play against a clan in a PUG without needing to get awfully owned.

But yeah, i sorta would like completing objectives to give the team some sort of reward. I mean, as it is today, the team holding 2 bases in Domination have no real advantage. But yeah, if lets say holding 2 bases in Domination gives the team free UAVs or any other advantage the other team would get beaten badly and i think people would get really irritated by getting killed by players who they are individually better, but just happens to play in a good group and gets an advantage of that.

I think the reason we hate extreme campers and noobtubers is because they are killing us in a unfair fight. The same thing would happen if objectives or clan parties were giving more advantages in the game mechanics.

Olivero

shermas said:
the 1887s are fixed.

Ah, that is unless you equip bling pro and add in FMJs, then they are pre-patch.

Raadius said:

Your judgement skills are broken. How can I make this judgement, you might ask?
1) The game obviously has some major problems with it, yet you deny it.
2) You claim my skills are broken, yet you have no idea how good or bad I am.
Therefore, the stuff you are saying... I'm just gonna ignore it.

Moving on.

Anaxagoras said:
I was thinking of buying the turtle beach x41, they are quite expensive but since I have already ordered an hd pvr I thought why not go all in.

X41's are nice. I bought mine a few days ago and they are very handy in identifying people sneaking up on you.
They were a little disorienting to me at first, to be honest. So much was going on that it was a bit overwhelming. After adjusting I like them!

My biggest complaint is that the audio jack that connects to the controller seems to have some very miniscule feed back problems, so I'll be taking mine back come next trip to BB to see if a new pair resolve the problem.

Griffith

Banned
shermas said:
- as for the host issues, just drop out of the game and look for a good match. it usually doesn't take THAT long, but people act like 20 seconds is FOREVAR when they're waiting to join another game. i usually have to bounce around to find a good, four bar game when i start, but it's not a huge deal.
As someone living outside the US, the matchmaking is THE game breaking issue for me. In the past 3 days I've played around 12 hours and been put into probably less than 10 green bar games counting both 3 and 4 bars. I have 425 wins and 1178 losses for a ratio 0.36 because of quitting red bar games, and considering the game doesn't count it as a loss if you leave the game before selecting a class, you could add another 500 or more (potentially closer to 1000, it's hard to say) matches that I've quit before selecting a class. It makes trying to play the game incredibly infuriating.

Meier

I bought the X41s and they definitely help. Plus I can play with sound while my gf sleeps which is crucial.

They do start to hurt my ears after awhile though.

kitch9

Banned
The people complaining about camping, must be new to gaming as they clearly don't know what camping is.....

There is fucking no way camping can be done in this game they way that it could be done in other games in the past. There is a fucking kill cam for fucks sake.

azureowl

kitch9 said:
The people complaining about camping, must be new to gaming as they clearly don't know what camping is.....

There is fucking no way camping can be done in this game they way that it could be done in other games in the past. There is a fucking kill cam for fucks sake.

For which I then switch to my OMA+SP class with AR+FMJ and fire into the best wall choice like no tomorrow

I had a really awesome match today, went 29:16 and it was really challenging and exciting the whole time. I like the close call games where you feel like the other team is great and every kill is a close battle rather than the slaughter games where you're winning by a landslide or losing by a landslide.

kitch9 said:

Come on. Wow, the kill cam showed me that a sniper saw me in their crosshairs by zooming in, I definitely know where they're hiding now...even if you do, have fun getting there without, ta da, being sniped again. It's easy for someone who's behind cover to shoot a person more out in the open, but for that person to kill the guy sniping behind cover...all you see is their head, it's harder to aim and knock them out first..unless you noob tube, and even then it's a toss up.

I've camped plenty of times on certain maps. It doesn't matter if you know I have a machine gun behind that door, when you come into sight I'll shoot you down. And when you come back and inch out slowly, I'll beat you again. I'm staring at a door way waiting, I can react quicker than you can, unless you noobtube me to my death. It's not like camping is impossible.

Raadius said:

That's a really strong statement, this is no perfect game. I really shouldn't lose a shoot out just because I'm good and haven't died in a while but that sucky player has extra health, due to painkiller, because he's died so much. Sure, it helps people who aren't as good to stay in the game and bounce back, but I'm being punished for being good and they're being rewarded for sucking. I wish that was never added.

Sealda

Banned
kitch9 said:

Camping can still be done, the problem is not that the camper is sitting in a lonely house and killing tons of people. The problem is that a lot of people sits behind a door shoots 1-2 people. Moves to a similar spot somewhere else, sits behind a corner or laying in grass, killing 1-2 people. Those are the most irritating campers. Also, there are bottle necks in every map where a camper can position himself so that he can just pick off people running towards him. People know where he is, but to get to him you basically need to storm Normandy or take a long route around the whole map where you probably will meet lots of enemies before you can even take yourself to where the camper is. Once at the campers place, he will have placed claymores and there is a 50 % chance he is sitting in a position where its almost impossible for you to kill him before he kills you.

There are few games where you can camp as bad as in MW2. By the way, Wasteland on HQ TDM is hell, holy shit.

kitch9 said:

A valid point, theres no point to complain about almost anything in this game. You can counter every cheap tactic with an equally cheap tactic. Even the exploiters are easily countered, in fact I love seeing boosters in games, I tell them to leave as soon as I catch notice of it because it wont happen in my game. They never listen and then rage quit when I fuck them up repeatedly.

backflip10019 said:

Anyone who thinks this game is actually fair and not broken has either not played the game enough to notice it or wants to gargle on IW's cock. Judging by your Junior status, I would hope that it is the former. Everything in this game is just so wildly unbalanced and so much has fallen through the cracks at IW that you can't seriously make the claim that the game is not broken. I understand that there are a substantial number of bugs/glitches in many retail games
*COUGH* Oblivion *COUGH*
, but the number of game destroying bugs in MW2 is ridiculous. Let's see, we have the ridiculous 1887s, the Javelin glitch and now the care package glitch. And then on top of that, the game can never choose a good host and frequently lags horrendously and drops the connection. I can't think of any other multiplayer game in recent memory that has been plagued with then number of problems that MW2. If you can, please enlighten me.

Not only this but the overall game design and balance is a mess thanks to the killstreak awards. I never liked the idea of giving the winning team an extra unfair advantage with helicopters that use aimbot or whatever dumbass shit that clutters the game. Then there are some awful map designs like that one small desert map with the huge tower in the middle.

I'm not the type to complain about camping because it is a valid tactic.

Shnookums

vatstep said:
Cold-Blooded Pro is awesome. It's hilarious when players on the other team don't even notice you because your name doesn't pop up in red. They'll just run right by.

Earlier, I was standing behind that desk in Terminal and aiming down the tunnel that connects to the plane, and someone on the other team came right up next to me and just stood there, presumably doing the same thing I was. :lol I saw him in the corner of my view and knifed him. I guess he didn't notice that I wasn't dressed like his teammates.

Haha I get caught by this once in awhile.

RdN

LeMaximilian said:
This was almost every game for me tonight. Once again, a glitch completely ruining the online experience.

Had the same unpleasant experience..

Here's something that I really don't understand.. if modders can hack the game so easily and IW say that there're no flaws in game code, why the same doesn't happen to other games, say Halo 3?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
RdN said:
Had the same unpleasant experience..

Here's something that I really don't understand.. if modders can hack the game so easily and IW say that there're no flaws in game code, why the same doesn't happen to other games, say Halo 3?

IW was super cocky with MW2 and decided not to do a beta. It's resulted in the biggest online multiplayer game of the decade debuting totally busted, over and over.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
I play for an hour or two each day on PS3 and I have yet to see any cheaters or boosters except the care package run faster glitch and one guy who got inside a rock on Afghan. Are the people who are seeing cheaters every game on 360 or something? Maybe it's because I'm in Australia also?

Hanmik

Ohh Yeahh.. played some games with some clanmates yesterday. Most of the games the other clanmembers came out on top. And I finished in the middle. Then we had a search and destroy game on Karaschi. I took out my sniper. Ran over to defend, saw the enemy all came to the bombsite I was defending. And I managed to snipe 4 of them right away. One planted the bomb, I sniped him and defused the bomb. Five kills and defused the bomb.. he he.. nice game.

But that was nothing compared to sabotage game later on. We played sabotage on Scrapyard . The game was going from one side to the other. No one really got anywhere. They planted, we defuse. We planted, they defused. And I got killed a lot. So I decided to see what one of my clanmates was doing, because he got harriers and choppergunners.
He was in the building on our side.. so I decided to stay back to, because no one else seemed to want to plant the bomb, besdides the two of us. I went into the plane that is broken in half, right next to our bombsite. And I managed to take down 7 enemies coming for me, with my trusty ACR. So I ran back to my clanmate in the building. Ran up to the top and launched my harrier strike.. no kills.. damn.. time was ticking away. less than 4 minutes to the game ended. But my harrier managed to kill 4 enemies so I got my Choppergunner. Now there was only 2 minutes left. The choppergunner came in. It flew a perfect route over to their bombsite, and they were all defending.
I quickly racked up LOTS of kills. and my clanmate managed to plant the bomb. When there was 30 seconds left untill the bomb would detonate, My choppergunner flew away. I had a killstreak of 21 at that moment. So I stormed down to help my clanmates.
What happened then was some crazy shit. I ran into 5 enemies at once, and managed to kill them all. And the timer was ticking down.
Now I get a messsage saying I have a Tactical nuke ready.
I cannot believe it.
BOOMMMMM the bombsite exploded... and in that same second I press right on the d-pad and launch the NUKE..! We WON the game fair and square, and I got to launch my nuke at the same time...! So even though the game should have ended with the bombsite explosion, a timer ticked down for my nuke... And off course the Nuke killed everyone and me..

Nuke2.JPG

My score was something like 62 kills, 27 deaths. Don´t remember that, because this game gave me some crazy adrenalin rush..

Damn that was so cool... MY VERY FIRST NUKE.. and some of my clanmates were on my team..! damn I love this game..

Even in the next many games, I managed to kill a lot, and end at the top every game..

Insaniac

Strider2K99 said:
What exactly is OMA for? I thought the glitch only consisted of mantling over an object with marker in hand?

in the carepackage glitch, normally you have to get your package, use the killstreak before you will get your next "glitched" carepackage. ANother way is to do the glitch, throw your carepackage and die, which will spawn you with a carepackage marker ready to go. In this one you simply throw you carepackage marker and use OMA, which will give you another carepackage ready to go

BlaneH

Banned
Loxley said:
I've been playing Dom and S&D all weekend, and I have to say that in every game of Dom my team has won, we all have more deaths than kills, and half of the losing team often times has twice as many kills as deaths.

The best part is when the kids brag about their kills after the game ends (which has happened with alarming frequency).

facepalm.gif

This has happened 4 out of the 5 games I played of HQ. I just ran around holding down the cap points. I'd go 8-4 but be second on my team in points.

Ducks

BigJonsson said:
How do you do that glitch :eek:
I want to do it in private
Earn an airdrop/e-airdrop/sentry. Find something you can climb over and climb it. As you climb, double-tap the right dpad and then throw it. You won't get points for any care packages thrown using this glitch.

I hope you will only use it in private, but hey even if you do it in pub games it'll only encourage IW to patch it sooner, right? :lol

Mojo said:

That is just absurd. Between this, the Care Package runners that look like they are crouch running, the One Man Army Grenade Launching spammers, the maps, the Supersoldier class, the Akimbo FMJ 1887's, etc. the only reason I come back to this game is because it's all anyone plays on my friends list. I don't see how IW will be able to clean all this up in a short amount of time.

Hanmik

This weekend I experienced an annoying Glitch on the PS3.

I was playing some S&D games. I planted the bomb several times. And I got killed by people defending their bombsite. And because my teammates did not cover my back, I decided to plant a claymore everytime I had planted the bomb.
But for some reason the game glitches for me here. I lay down plant the bomb. Crawl a meter back and plant the claymore. But as I stand up, I suddenly hold the bomb in my hand again. And the animation of arming the bomb is being showed again. So I run around with a bomb in my hand instead of my weapon. And becuase the animation lasts some seconds, I usually get killed before I can switch to my normal weapon.. That´s a really annoying glitch for me..

Has anyone else encountered this glitch..? or could anyone try to replicate it..? just plant the bomb and plant a claymore right away, then you run around with a bomb arming it again..

-viper-

Banned
yeah I've pretty much stopped playing this game now.

it's absolutely shit and it is the most broken MP experience I've had the pleasure of experiencing.

-viper- said:
yeah I've pretty much stopped playing this game now.

it's absolutely shit and it is the most broken MP experience I've had the pleasure of experiencing.

I hope you're just talking about the CP glitch, because otherwise:

whambulance.jpg

This2x4Skeleton

Neo Member
Jumping aboard the haterade train.

I don't know what Infinity Ward was thinking when they decided to put akimbo shotguns in the game. Better yet, shotguns as your SECONDARY. I can't even play a game without 1887s 1-shotting me from 40 feet away.

Then we have Thermal Scopes. Really? REALLY?
It pains me that people put on their thermal scopes and think they're hot-shot snipers all of a sudden.
and then there are Hearbeat Monitors which are essentially mini-UAVs. Yay for people laying prone in the grass watching the blips and then popping out like "OH WHAT SURPRISE!"
Noobtubes. Rampant as ever.
Fully automatic shotguns.
Care Packages so you don't really have to be good at all to get higher killstreak rewards.
Then we have the TacKnife runners with their uber lunges through walls.

Host migration is epic fail 80% of the time.
I have NEVER played an online game where I had to back out to the lobby more times than the matches I actually played.
Search for a game. Join, lagging. Quit. Search for a game, 2 kills left to go, you lose. Search for a game, lagging. Quit.

IW took 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.
Martyrdom. Fixed.
Juggernaut. Fixed.
Claymores. Slightly fixed.

Also was highly disappointed that they didn't improve on the post-game stats more than they did.
It would be nice if they did it like Treyarch did for WaW. Being able to see how many kills you got by Pavelow, Chopper Gunner, etc. or even how many kills by which weapons. I thought for sure that would've been incorporated. No theater mode either. Which should be standard for all competitive FPS games these days.

World At War>>MF2.

/rant.

Top Bottom