• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Sealda

Banned
Loxley said:
I don't mean to be insulting, but I hope those of you who like pissing everyone off by preemptively ending games with a nuke enjoy the massive erections I can only assume are associated with said perk.

So you have gotten a Nuke, why not use it as fast as possible. It has happened to me once that the host (rage) quit and the host migration failed. It has happened to me many times when my team has dominated when i have not had a nuke. So, i do not see the problem with using the nuke as soon as you get it. Its like, why risk it.

"People using nukes early on in a match" must be one of the silliest whining i have heard. There are people noobtubing, hosts with terrible connection and a whole lot of more problems in the game that occurs like every freaking match!. How often do you experience nukes? Like 1 every 100 game. By the way, if you get 25 kills then you should be able to piss everyone off, you basically owned the match completely, you can end it whenever you want, thats your reward.

xDangerboy said:
IW fucking sucks. Now prove me wrong IW please you stupid whores.
:lol :lol :lol :lol out of :lol :lol :lol :lol

14kh8gx.jpg

"Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island, you smelly pirate hooker?"

Meier said:
This is my first online COD so I didn't know that... I played one of them before online (but it felt like it was a beach setting so maybe it wasn't MW1?) and kept getting raped across the map so I gave up with the quickness. :lol Pretty surprising that the b-team would be so ahead of the a-team in that regard.

I haven't played W@W in a while...man I'm so much further and better in MW2 than I ever was in W@W. I apparently ended W@W at P1L54, with a 1:1 K/D ratio. My best killstreak was 22 (likely dogs or a tank were involved). My worst deathstreak was 16 (damn!). My top weapons were (in order) MP40 (by far the highest), STG, Type 100, Gewehr 43, Thompson, PPSH-41, Frag Grenade, Mosin-Nagant, Dog Bite, Tank, Bouncing Betty, etc... My most accurate weapon with 150+ kills was the Mosin-Nagant at 45%. I'm currently ranked about 1.4M on the leaderboards.

Yeah, W@W stat-tracking is pretty cool.

Hanmik

Sealda said:
So you have gotten a Nuke, why not use it as fast as possible. It has happened to me once that the host (rage) quit and the host migration failed. It has happened to me many times when my team has dominated when i have not had a nuke. So, i do not see the problem with using the nuke as soon as you get it. Its like, why risk it.

"People using nukes early on in a match" must be one of the silliest whining i have heard. There are people noobtubing, hosts with terrible connection and a whole lot of more problems in the game that occurs like every freaking match!. How often do you experience nukes? Like 1 every 100 game. By the way, if you get 25 kills then you should be able to piss everyone off, you basically owned the match completely, you can end it whenever you want, thats your reward.

my words exactly.. even if you camped to get the nuke.. If you got it, SHOW IT. Why wait for the host to quit or another person gets a nuke.. ?

LosDaddie

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
Nevermind the fact that the supposed goal of the game is to capture flags/plant bombs. Noooo - all we care about is the fact that we didn't get our Harriers and have to start over again. Even if we win 200-100, we rage because a blind tube took us out on a 23 killstreak. It just reaffirms that the vast majority of people are selfish bastards who care more about individual accomplishment than teamwork and victory.

Well said.

It's funny how people love to cry about this game, yet still play it. MOve onto another game if IW "took 3 steps back" and pissed in your Cheerios.

aku:jiki

I just went a match where a guy nuked us. I was getting there myself as I was piloting the CG when the countdown started, but jesus christ... This guy ended with 81-1, and the 1 is from the nuke! The rest of his team had like 8-4 and such, and so did mine (aside from me and another guy around 25-5 or so). What the hell just happened?!

No boosting or anything noticable, but I did note that I never saw the guy once during the match. He must've had the ultimate camping spot and sick sniper skills...

Or wait, maybe he used that elevator that's getting popular (on Derail). :(

Gio_CoD said:
Right, we're all just playing the game wrong.

I don't know about you, but I manage to get 10+ kill streaks fairly often. And that's with me PREFERRING to run around the map and find shit to kill. I could have probably nuked a half dozen or more times if I felt like camping and protecting my life. But I don't because even with my aggressive style of play I still manage to get 10+ kill streaks all the time. See, I almost never have a problem dying at the hands of grenade launchers, and I'm starting to theorize that it's because I'm always moving. I get the feeling that you guys complaining about "noobtubes" never move from your spot, so you kill a guy, he sees where you're camping in the killcam, and then he comes back and blows your ass away. Sounds like exactly how the game should be played to me.
You have no idea who you're talking to, dude. I've posted scores in here before. :lol

And what's with several of you reading camping into my post? I didn't mention it once. If you think that's the only way to nuke, that speaks volumes for your skill level. I have not once camped any of my 10 nukes. I tried to camp a nuke once, but only made it to 24 because I didn't know when to leave and when to stay.

Loxley said:
I don't mean to be insulting, but I hope those of you who like pissing everyone off by preemptively ending games with a nuke enjoy the massive erections I can only assume are associated with said perk.
That goes very well with your massive jealousy.

RavenFox

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
If you're Level 30 or above, you switch to your dedicated anti-air class (you have one, right?) and you shoot them all down, taking loads of XP with you.
I don't know who you are but I'm going to make this quick.

I'm prestiged
I've shot down a tremendous amount of aircrafts and choppers.[even care package]
I have tags for weapons Ive mastered
Ive done the Nuke drop already

You try shooting down 3 harriers-a pavelow and a chopper gunner[we all know what its like shooting down that one] at the same time with two stingers . Let me know how it goes K?

I donot hate the game but I will voice bullshit when it comes up.

divisionbyzorro said:
Holy shit! I post about the whambulance and it shows up in the next post!

:lol

Seriously, I think people complain a LITTLE too much. Yeah the glitches suck but the worst one that I've encountered was the jav glitch. I saw a care package glitch ONCE yesterday and we just lost by a little amount(we also had a noob on our team that went 4-20). Other than that, just about everything is counter-able in this game, so get better or dont play.

On a better note I finally got my AC-130 emblem last night and went to my 4th prestige. Now I'm working on the EMP and Nuke emblems, its gonna be tough though. :(

RavenFox said:

I'm prestiged
I've shot down a tremendous amount of aircrafts and choppers.[even care package]

You try shooting down 3 harriers-a pavelow and a chopper gunner[we all know what its like shooting down that one] at the same time with two stingers . Let me know how it goes K?

You cant have a chopper gunner and a pavelow up at the same time. Equip scavenger on your class if you want more stingers. Also put cold blooded on if you get owned by air support. Not that bad.

RavenFox said:

I'm prestiged

*slow claps*

I bow to your extreme wisdom and experience. I am humbled to be in your presence.

All that air support can't be up at the same time

Sealda

Banned
To me nuking is not something anyone do for enjoyment. You do it for the god damn emblem and then your done. Anyone who plays with nukes are a machochist. Its freaking stressing to get nukes.

You have just gotten your 23 kill when the Chopper Gunner goes away. Its time for you to go out there in the wild and get your last two kills. *Boom* first kill. Only 1 kill left for your nuke. You run, you see nobody. You decides to run towards a building, *Boom* killed from behind. *Rage quit*

Actually i broke my Dual Shock 3 controller by throwing it into my bed and unfortunately it bounced and hit the wall cracking the plastic around the left analog stick. What was i doing in game? Lying in like the most remote place in Wet Work with 1 kill till my AC130. Now, i have gotten tons of AC130s, soon finished with the Spectre challenge (1000 kills with it) but i had played the game for a whole day. And suddenly this noob appears from nowhere knifing me. No normal player would go to that remote place i was hiding at or even see me because of the high grass. But for some reason (and no he did not have UAV or Heartbeat) he wondered around there and saw me.

I also hate when your lazy and expects a camper to move to a different location after killing you. You would think he would be smart enough to understand that i know where he is now, and i can just run a small route around him and pick him off. But of-course he stays in the same location while i thinks "Meh, he would not be stupid enough to be at the same camping spot", but of-course he is. So it was me who was stupid enough to think that he was smart enough to actually think a little.

uraldix

aku:jiki said:
And what's with several of you reading camping into my post? I didn't mention it once.

I inferred when you stated this:

aku:jiki said:
And my point is, it's not cool that I can switch my class and go find him AFTER he cheaps away my 17 kill streak with a blind noobtube aimed at a corner where he thinks there MIGHT have been enemies.

My bad if you didn't mean camping a corner.

RavenFox

Banned
Loxley said:
I agree to an extent if they end the game in the middle of a good match just to get their rocks off. A good player will wait until just before the winning shot or if his team is down then just before the other teams winning blow. Gives both sides ample time to gather xp etc or even get the lead if behind.
The douches who do it just to brag in the lobby [I nuked you bitches] are just that douches. Then again if your playing with a team who just gaze at harriers all day then leave them be.

divisionbyzorro said:
*slow claps*

I bow to your extreme wisdom and experience. I am humbled to be in your presence.

All that air support can't be up at the same time
Harriers, Stealth bomb run and Pavelows cannot be up at the same time?
Seems you need to get your knowledge up. Also, I know the way I wrote it is off but Harriers and chopper gunners can be up together.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I don't know...I'm usually a pretty civil person, but this game makes me want to do things that really question my sanity.

People "complaining" here are completely justified. Shit happens in this game that is entirely IW's fault for creating. They are the ones who created killstreaks in all gameplay modes. They are the ones who created obviously "cheap" methods for killing people without much or any method of countering. They created the lack of useful stat tracking. They created the awkward spawning system. They created a product with all these glitches.

The game is broken for all of us equally, but not all of us are ready to reduce ourselves to that of the people who abuse some of these things for their own personal gain. People that abuse noobtubing, infinite care packages or speed knifing do it for many reasons, but one of the major reasons is that they know it pisses people off, and get satisfaction out of annoying people in a method that is easy to execute. IW allows these methods to not only exist, but to be beneficial to the players to use. Trolling other players in a game has never been easier.

These things are entirely valid reasons to complain about. I don't think telling people to "play another game if you don't like it" makes sense here. We all want to love the game. Under all this nonsense is a great game just begging to come out. We see the massive potential here and are just frustrated that IW isn't cashing in on it.

Venting here is a great release of frustration, and is productive in the sense that hopefully someone at IW is taking note of the online backlash they are causing. Perhaps not directly here, but someone here could see there is enough people feeling the same way and send something more formal IW's way.

If the game as it exists today (minus the glitches) is exactly the game IW wanted to create, well then I would probably stop playing all-together...but part of me hopes that they see all this nonsense and are going to do something about it.

Perhaps I'm naive.

RavenFox said:
I agree to an extent if they end the game in the middle of a good match just to get their rocks off. A good player will wait until just before the winning shot or if his team is down then just before the other teams winning blow. Gives both sides ample time to gather xp etc or even get the lead if behind.
The douches who do it just to brag in the lobby [I nuked you bitches] are just that douches. Then again if your playing with a team who just gaze at harriers all day then leave them be.

I know people on the internet tend to be wrong, but this is pretty impressively wrong. Only an idiot would save his nuke until the end. Too many other things could go wrong between now and then, the worst being someone on the other team earning a nuke. No - if you get a nuke, you use it immediately if you're smart.

RavenFox said:

RavenFox said:
Harriers, Stealth bomb run and Pavelows cannot be up at the same time? Seems you need to get your knowledge up.

I'm done with you. Proofread your own posts from now on.

RavenFox

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
I know people on the internet tend to be wrong, but this is pretty impressively wrong. Only an idiot would save his nuke until the end. Too many other things could go wrong between now and then, the worst being someone on the other team earning a nuke. No - if you get a nuke, you use it immediately if you're smart.
I would never ever do that to the team I play with. I still have something I've kept with me over the years called good sportsmanship. Also stop pointing out shit you deem wrong. Of course you will play how you want to and that's fine. I'm not going to tell you your wrong but I don't have to like it.
divisionbyzorro said:

I added to it ass.

todahawk

RavenFox said:
I would never ever do that to the team I play with. I still have something I've kept with me over the years called good sportsmanship. Also stop pointing out shit you deem wrong. Of course you will play how you want to and that's fine. I'm not going to tell you your wrong but I don't have to like it.

I added to it ass.

Be nice junior.

If I got a nuke personally the second it came up I would use it, chances of your team getting a huge flush of kills or the host connectio dying are pretty good reasons not to wait.

lol, that care package glitch is the easiest thing to pull off, I feel bad but I wanted to try it once, and long and behold it worked easily, it was 2 UAV's but I can see why this is such a broken glitch, that was really dumb. Since IW didn't know about this until their new patch was in certification, I know it will be a while until it is patched.

I gonna go into a private match now and see how many airdrops I can fit on rust, maybe fill the whole level with crates.

Cornbread78

divisionbyzorro
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by RavenFox:

Harriers, Stealth bomb run and Pavelows cannot be up at the same time? Seems you need to get your knowledge up.

So about them NOOB Tubes......:lol Aren't they just horrible, LOL

Man, I can't wait until I unlock my RPG again, so I can run around with Scavanger and my RPG and just shoot missles all game..... Fun times, fun times indeed. The insta Noob Tube attitude adjuster.

Sealda said:
To me nuking is not something anyone do for enjoyment. You do it for the god damn emblem and then your done. Anyone who plays with nukes are a machochist. Its freaking stressing to get nukes.

Ive called in about 50+ nukes tbh and i love the thrill of nuke hunting.... the first 7 kills i play as a team-member(usually planting/defending in demo) after that i let my harrier get me to 11 that usually ensures 10+ kills depending then comes the adrenaline getting those last 5 kills is epic then reaching the 25 mark is a gaming orgasm(bit OTT but whatever)

Anyway the thrill of getting the nuke is most of the reason why i play this laggy glitch ridden game hopefully bf:bc2 will help me overcome this addiction

Sealda

Banned
RavenFox said:

I added to it ass.

Read my earlier post about the nuke now or wait dilemma. Its clearly stupid to hold onto it.

Regarding "sportsmanship" BS. I played a CTF match earlier and i saw a team mate getting killed while she was trying to open a care package. The enemy then runs towards the box and starts opening it. I shots him and gets the airdrop myself. It was a Pavelow btw. So afterwards she freaks out via PM. Really cursing at me and insulting me in all kinds of was for stealing her care package. Even though i was telling her that

1. She should be more careful and clear the area before opening the package
2. The enemy was about to take it!
3. It would be stupid for me to first kill the enemy then sit there wait till you maybe turned up and got it!

Of course she would not listen and continued about sportsmanship bla bla bla.

Ive called in about 50+ nukes

Cool, how hard would it have been for IW to make emblems, titles that scale with the numbers. For instance, a emblem with a cross that starts out grey and in the end in shining and blinking in a diamondish color etc. Or a Title with the golden skulls that says plain and simple how many nukes you have gotten.

wud

Neo Member
tactical knifes are utter bullshit, the fact that with commando they teleport across the fucking room and do that tiny stab animation and are still 5ft away from you

Knowing none of this is ever gonna get fixed is depressing

Olivero

*raises hand slowly*

My first nuke was like the first time having sex. As soon as I got it I went.

Later on I became more talented and began using it during the climaxes of the game just got the glory.

Finally out of sheer desperation of losing so bad I went just to get everything over with. Sure we ended 'winning' but being owned 197 to 92 in domination is humiliating either way you look at it.

Sealda said:
Read my earlier post about the nuke now or wait dilemma. Its clearly stupid to hold onto it.

Regarding "sportsmanship" BS. I played a CTF match earlier and i saw a team mate getting killed while she was trying to open a care package. The enemy then runs towards the box and starts opening it. I shots him and gets the airdrop myself. It was a Pavelow btw. So afterwards she freaks out via PM. Really cursing at me and insulting me in all kinds of was for stealing her care package. Even though i was telling her that

3. It would be stupid for me to first kill the enemy then sit there wait till you maybe turned up and got it!

Some people forget that it's a "team" based game. This exact same thing happened to me the other day but I was the one that called in the care package. I died and then my teammate killed the guy that shot me and he took my Pavelow. I wasn't pissed at him for taking it, I was pissed at myself for allowing myself to die before I could take it.

At the end of the day, the Pavelow still came out and was getting kills for the team.

jlevel13

RubxQub - I agree with what you're saying, but other than the major glitches, I have serious doubts IW are going to do anything to rebalance the game. People complain a lot (me too), but every time I turn on MW2 there are close to a million people still playing online. Two months in, and it actually seems like the player count is still growing, despite all the issues...

wud said:
tactical knifes are utter bullshit, the fact that with commando they teleport across the fucking room and do that tiny stab animation and are still 5ft away from you

Knowing none of this is ever gonna get fixed is depressing

I could've sworn that tac knife cancels out the commando lunge?

Sealda said:

That's especially stupid in a CTF game with the respawn penalty. Of course you shouldn't wait for them to come back. Ugh.

I had an Apache taken down a couple days ago because the enemy stole a package with an EMP. I guarantee you that everybody would have preferred if a friendly stole that than the enemy.

To be fair to Raven, there can be 2 harriers, a chopper gunner/pavelow/AC130 and predator missiles all at the same time I believe(2 harriers and a "big one" for sure, dont know if you can still call in predators at that point or not), not to mention UAVS/Counters. And yeah, if you shoot down one and it is immediately followed by a replacement, then 2 stingers is definitely not going to get you very far at all. It is a legitimate complaint ot bitch about how much shit can be in the air. CoD4 had it right with one chopper and one airstrike at a time. Three stationaries plus fire and forget stuff at the same time is a little over the top.

Lionheart1827 said:

unless its quoted by IW, I would not believe that.

Actually, i would not believe it even if they told me so.

One hit melee (not to mention lunge) does not belong in a game like this.

Pyke Presco said:
To be fair to Raven, there can be 2 harriers, a chopper gunner/pavelow/AC130 and predator missiles all at the same time I believe(2 harriers and a "big one" for sure, dont know if you can still call in predators at that point or not), not to mention UAVS/Counters. And yeah, if you shoot down one and it is immediately followed by a replacement, then 2 stingers is definitely not going to get you very far at all. It is a legitimate complaint ot bitch about how much shit can be in the air. CoD4 had it right with one chopper and one airstrike at a time. Three stationaries plus fire and forget stuff at the same time is a little over the top.

Helicopters are interesting. If I'm remembering correctly, only a single friendly helicopter of any type can be in the air at once. I've definitely had my Apache blocked by a Hind before.

And don't forget how much easier it is to take down air support in this game than CoD4. Just because there's more stuff in the air doesn't mean it's significantly more deadly than before.

divisionbyzorro said:
Helicopters are interesting. If I'm remembering correctly, only a single friendly helicopter of any type can be in the air at once. I've definitely had my Apache blocked by a Hind before.

yea. its only 1 heli at a time.

Which makes it even weirder that you can have multiple harriers and an AC-130. Seems contradictory.

Pyke Presco said:

He edited his post I beleive, he added the / inbetween some of them, you cant have a pavelow and a chopper gunner up at the same time.

wud

Neo Member
Lionheart1827 said:

No chance, theres no lunge animation but you teleport and kill them, despite the knife never making any connection with the persons body

they had this formula so right with COD4, they could've kept customiseable killstreaks with the 3, 5, 7 set-up easily

3 - UAV or Counter UAV
5 - Airstrike or Predator
7 - Harriers or Helicopter

shit, could've even thrown EMP in as an extra bonus. But no, lets cater to the hyperactive 15 year-olds that have to have constant visual stimulation by 20,000 things going off at once

divisionbyzorro said:

Absolutely, the limit is now 2 harriers plus a chopper/ac, regardless of which team has those pieces up. But I still think 3 up at a time is a little too much, even if anti air is readily available. I really preferred it in CoD4 where guns were capable of shooting down air support, RPGs and Noob Tubes helped and there was only one thing in the air at a time. (seriously, try shooting down a Pavelow with guns. It will take like 5 clips of an LMG to do so.)

kyo_daikun: Pretty sure he was just bitching about excessive air support in general. Theres really no need to nit pick the specifics of it, 3 plus drops is too much regardless when theres a glitch that lets you always have that much shit in the air.

wud: Agreed completely. It definitely should have been a tiered system where you selected out of each group. Should have been a support call (UAV/Counter/Sentry/some full on team ammo fill), a quick strike (predator, air strike, etc) and a stayover (heli, harriers) The fact that one player can drop three different stayovers (harrier, pavelow, ac130) is just over the top and builds massive game breaking score discrepencies in things like TDM, or just gives full on map control from one player, which is a little silly.

xDangerboy said:

I dont use tac knife much because pistols are kind of meh to me in this game. However, when I did, I dont ever remember the lunge working at all, it only allowed much faster knife recovery. Of course I may be wrong.

Knife classes are kind of stupid anyway and they arent that versatile at all. UMP with marathon lightweight and commando is the way to go.

Garjon

xDangerboy said:

That's before you even take lag into account, although well placed claymores can easily put an end to this tactic.
I actually think the one-hit-kill melee is fine, it's Commando that messes it all up.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
still not sure about this whole invincible stabbing stuff is about. sometimes I click and they shoot me just as I've set off, sometimes I sneak a stab in, works both ways. I definitely died mid-motion though. but maybe that wasn't what the host thought.

this care package glitch is definitely becoming more common and needs fixing asap though. I guess as more and more people are victims of it, more people will learn it and use it.

still a nice game, wouldn't call it broken because I rarely die in a way where I felt I have no response, the only time was the tactical knife guys a couple weeks ago. any other time I always feel like I could fight back with something. but then I'm not a camper or killstreak whore so deaths don't mean that much to me.

Pyke Presco said:
Absolutely, the limit is now 2 harriers plus a chopper/ac, regardless of which team has those pieces up. But I still think 3 up at a time is a little too much, even if anti air is readily available. I really preferred it in CoD4 where guns were capable of shooting down air support, RPGs and Noob Tubes helped and there was only one thing in the air at a time. (seriously, try shooting down a Pavelow with guns. It will take like 5 clips of an LMG to do so.)

But if you take down a Pavelow with guns, you can boost Cold-Blooded off of it :lol

About time for a double XP weekend no? At this point that's one of the few things that makes want to keep going, pretty burned out of hey bobby and 10 inch strogna.

RoH

They should update the playlist, and add an official game type with for ffa and team death match with no kill streaks and no radar. This is a solid shooter, but with those two the game is just a mess. A big mess. Or let me create and host a custom game that any one can see and join like the servers of yesteryear.

divisionbyzorro said:
But if you take down a Pavelow with guns, you can boost Cold-Blooded off of it :lol

Oh yeah, but its hard as hell to do. I used an AT4 and launched twice into the thing then shot it with 3 full AUG mags before it finally decided to drop(also took me three lives because I was just staring retardedly into the air like a moron). The fact is its next to impossible to do. Harriers are the same, they take more than a full LMG clip to drop. In CoD4 focus fire from a team with 6 ARs could drop a chopper fast enough, in this its very difficult without stingers.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
zero margin said:
About time for a double XP weekend no? At this point that's one of the few things that makes want to keep going, pretty burned out of hey bobby and 10 inch strogna.

BAMBI

bambidm_468x451.jpg

Top Bottom