• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Lince

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
As game breaking as that glitch is, that's hilarious. I've said before that I'd love to see a game mode where care packages were being randomly dropped around the map, and the objective of the game was to capture as many crates as possible. This only confirms that. :lol

see? the glitch is intentional! IW making dreams come true! <3 MW2 :lol
game keeps delivering

Just had my best match on Domination. 49-6, which may be low by GAF standards but is my best ratio yet, and more importantly I got it by defending two of our control points the entire match. I used to think camping was the best way to rack up the kills, but running back and forth between two control points with Scavenger on is working well for me.

It still boggles my mind people call the game unbalanced. Obvious glitches aside, there's a perk or gun that will demolish anyone using any tactic. I still think people are mistaking frustrating with broken far too much. If I'm getting owned by a team playing a certain way, I switch to to a class that can counter it, be it using new weapons or perks.

Hanmik

Foliorum Viridum said:
Just had my best match on Domination. 49-6, which may be low by GAF standards but is my best ratio yet, and more importantly I got it by defending two of our control points the entire match. I used to think camping was the best way to rack up the kills, but running back and forth between two control points with Scavenger on is working well for me.

It still boggles my mind people call the game unbalanced. Obvious glitches aside, there's a perk or gun that will demolish anyone using any tactic. I still think people are mistaking frustrating with broken far too much. If I'm getting owned by a team playing a certain way, I switch to to a class that can counter it, be it using new weapons or perks.

+1

Thank god for this post.. you get so many things right in one short post..!

Foliorum Viridum said:

49-6 is not low. It is fantastic.

divisionbyzorro said:
49-6 is not low. It is fantastic.
Ha, yeah, I was buzzing. I've seen scores of like 100-4 posted on here though, so I was just protecting myself from anyone who may have seen it as pointless gloating.

I still feel like shouting "I AM YOUR GOD!" from a mountain, regardless. :lol

Gio_CoD

Banned
The people complaining about how much this game sucks just come off as sucking at the game. I played 7 hours of Call of Duty from Saturday night to Sunday morning, and I didn't see this CP glitch one time. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I'm just saying it's clearly not as rampant as some of you guys make it out to be.

I get the feeling that every time some of you guys die in an explosion it's, "OH MY GOOD NOOBTUBERS RUINING THE GAME I HATE THIS FUCKING GAME SO MUCH". And who gives a fuck if that's the primary way a guy gets kills? AVOID HIM. You've got a fucking kill cam. You know where he was last. Go fucking get him.

The only thing in the game that kinda pisses me off is the knife runners. And it's only because with them I have the "I know I shot that fucking guy like 70 times..." moments more than with any other class. But whatever, I'm over it in 4 seconds. I'm certainly not going to cry like a fucking baby and talk about trading in the game or saying that ITS FUCKING BROKEN I CANT PLAY IT IW FIX THIS SHIT SO BROKEN OMG DAMN IT.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
This2x4Skeleton said:
Jumping aboard the haterade train.

Then we have Thermal Scopes. Really? REALLY?
It pains me that people put on their thermal scopes and think they're hot-shot snipers all of a sudden.
and then there are Hearbeat Monitors which are essentially mini-UAVs. Yay for people laying prone in the grass watching the blips and then popping out like "OH WHAT SURPRISE!"
Noobtubes. Rampant as ever.
Fully automatic shotguns.
Care Packages so you don't really have to be good at all to get higher killstreak rewards.
Then we have the TacKnife runners with their uber lunges through walls.

/rant.

I've certainly been vocal about my issues with the game but I don't see a problem with the above. Everything you mentioned can be countered. Thermal Scopes -> Cold Blooded. Shotguns -> Play a ranged game + claymores. Care Package - Kill the bastard before he streaks! As a prolific noob tuber myself, I know they can be countered. Get up close. Shoot them when they reload.

The only thing that is BEGGING to be fixed is the care package runners. It's like Gears of War. They crabwalk around the map at mach speed. They are almost impossible to deal with. They will run through your bullets and stab you in the face.

RSTEIN said:
I've certainly been vocal about my issues with the game but I don't see a problem with the above. Everything you mentioned can be countered. Thermal Scopes -> Cold Blooded. Shotguns -> Play a ranged game + claymores. Care Package - Kill the bastard before he streaks! As a prolific noob tuber myself, I know they can be countered. Get up close. Shoot them when they reload.

The only thing that is BEGGING to be fixed is the care package runners. It's like Gears of War. They crabwalk around the map at mach speed. They are almost impossible to deal with. They will run through your bullets and stab you in the face.

Yeah, I used to think that CP running was okay because of the trade-off (zero range), but the problem is that the they move too fast to be trackable with even a moderate amount of lag. With our network infrastructure where it is today, we can't have people move that fast.

Best game I had was 44/2 on highrise TDM just after I first posted about my knife runner class back in the first week of the game(that's right, I'm claiming responsibility for creating it, and until I see a YouTube video or post on some over forum earlier than mine I will stand by that assertion). People thought I was so badass because I didnt use a gun. Oh how the times have changed. Since I always play deathmatch getting more than 35 kills or so happens very seldomly, especially if playing in a group. But 49/6 is definitely not a bad score by any stretch of the imagination. Congratulations.

EDIT:
Care package is definitely an issue, but things like HBS and thermal scopes definitely aren't. I also dislike OMA tubers, and have far more respect for the scavenger tubers because at least they aren't afraid to move out from behind their cover. But generally speaking, weapons and perk combos are not what bothers me (except 1887s...fuck that shit), it's blatant glitches like infinite packages, javelindom and crab walking that piss me off.

Hanmik

I have only encountered a CarePackage runner once (playing on PS3).. looked strange when some guy runs around crouched with a trail of dead bodies behind him.
I can see where you guys are comming from.. he is fast as hell and annoying, only way to kill him is a lucky grenade or noob tube with the bigger explosions splash perk (cannot remeber it´s name right now).. they are annoying, but I have played for 5 days and 15 hours now, and I have only met one glitcher.. no carepackage spawner or whatever "the glitch of the day" is..

kitch9

Banned
This2x4Skeleton said:

I don't know what Infinity Ward was thinking when they decided to put akimbo shotguns in the game. Better yet, shotguns as your SECONDARY. I can't even play a game without 1887s 1-shotting me from 40 feet away.

It pains me that people put on their thermal scopes and think they're hot-shot snipers all of a sudden.
and then there are Hearbeat Monitors which are essentially mini-UAVs. Yay for people laying prone in the grass watching the blips and then popping out like "OH WHAT SURPRISE!"
Care Packages so you don't really have to be good at all to get higher killstreak rewards.

Host migration is epic fail 80% of the time.
I have NEVER played an online game where I had to back out to the lobby more times than the matches I actually played.
Search for a game. Join, lagging. Quit. Search for a game, 2 kills left to go, you lose. Search for a game, lagging. Quit.

IW took 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.
Martyrdom. Fixed.
Juggernaut. Fixed.
Claymores. Slightly fixed.

Also was highly disappointed that they didn't improve on the post-game stats more than they did.
It would be nice if they did it like Treyarch did for WaW. Being able to see how many kills you got by Pavelow, Chopper Gunner, etc. or even how many kills by which weapons. I thought for sure that would've been incorporated. No theater mode either. Which should be standard for all competitive FPS games these days.

World At War>>MF2.

/rant.

Do you cry like a bitch everytime you die?

Stop running round in the open like a tit, equip Scavenger Pro, Cold Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro and you no longer have to worry about that stuff.

Stick a silencer on your weapon and you can kill people and they don't know where it came from.

If you think Shotties are powerful, well......Uhhhmmmm....... YOU CAN FUCKING USE THEM TOO YOU KNOW!!! The Spaz is the most powerful shotgun and you get it at the start.

uraldix

This2x4Skeleton said:

I don't know what Infinity Ward was thinking when they decided to put akimbo shotguns in the game. Better yet, shotguns as your SECONDARY. I can't even play a game without 1887s 1-shotting me from 40 feet away.

/rant.

It is odd that you picked these things to rant about because they all counter each other. This game definately has it's flaws but I am not sure that amount of choices is one of them. IW was definately targeting the masses and in that regard, I think they succeeded in creating something that everyone can get kills in.

Hanmik said:
I have only met one glitcher.. no carepackage spawner or whatever "the glitch of the day" is..

I am on PS3 and don't run into many of the issues either (almost 8 days of play).

kitch9

Banned
Sealda said:
Camping can still be done, the problem is not that the camper is sitting in a lonely house and killing tons of people. The problem is that a lot of people sits behind a door shoots 1-2 people. Moves to a similar spot somewhere else, sits behind a corner or laying in grass, killing 1-2 people. Those are the most irritating campers. Also, there are bottle necks in every map where a camper can position himself so that he can just pick off people running towards him. People know where he is, but to get to him you basically need to storm Normandy or take a long route around the whole map where you probably will meet lots of enemies before you can even take yourself to where the camper is. Once at the campers place, he will have placed claymores and there is a 50 % chance he is sitting in a position where its almost impossible for you to kill him before he kills you.

There are few games where you can camp as bad as in MW2. By the way, Wasteland on HQ TDM is hell, holy shit.

If the guy moves its not camping, its as simple as that. Its your fault for not checking your corners, what you describe is a valid tactic in any game.What do you want everybody to do? Run round in the open with their cocks hanging out and their ass painted bright red with a bullseye on it? There are very few corners without multiple directions you can attack them.

I don't think you understand what hardcore modes are about..... You CANNOT run about in that mode, as its more like a game of chess.

You are just like the legions of others crying because they die too much. I have bad games quite a bit but I have to accept I make bad decisions with the tools the game gave me.

aku:jiki

Gio_CoD said:
I get the feeling that every time some of you guys die in an explosion it's, "OH MY GOOD NOOBTUBERS RUINING THE GAME I HATE THIS FUCKING GAME SO MUCH". And who gives a fuck if that's the primary way a guy gets kills? AVOID HIM. You've got a fucking kill cam. You know where he was last. Go fucking get him.
I have a feeling that some of you people who just don't get this game are the ones who suck at it. This is not COD4. It is not Halo 3. It is not any other FPS where the old rules apply, because IW introduced the killstreaks and by doing that they made your every life incredibly important. Every time you're at 4 going on 7 kills, it's a pain in the ass to die.

I see that some of you are completely oblivious to this and play the game like any other FPS, but you are doing it wrong. You can go ahead and keep doing it if it's what you enjoy, that's cool, but don't come preaching to us about how to play it. You're playing a different game than us, and we're playing the game IW designed.

And my point is, it's not cool that I can switch my class and go find him AFTER he cheaps away my 17 kill streak with a blind noobtube aimed at a corner where he thinks there MIGHT have been enemies. That's just bullshit and stuff like that should not have been put into a game that focuses so strongly on your survival. That's just a contradiction of game design and IW really should have known that it would irritate the fuck out of people.

Sh0k

After almost 10 days of playing time ( I don't think is that much, but that's what the game says), playing 98% of my time FFA thanks to my color blindness and with around 30,000 kills and 20,000 deaths I finally prestiged.

Definetelly feels like a brand new game, all I miss is my claymores :(

Cornbread78

I have only encountered a CarePackage runner once (playing on PS3).. looked strange when some guy runs around crouched with a trail of dead bodies behind him.
I can see where you guys are comming from.. he is fast as hell and annoying, only way to kill him is a lucky grenade or noob tube with the bigger explosions splash perk (cannot remeber it´s name right now).. they are annoying, but I have played for 5 days and 15 hours now, and I have only met one glitcher.. no carepackage spawner or whatever "the glitch of the day" is..

you are a rare one my friend. Almost every match I play now, someone is running around with the Care package glitch or care packages are dropping outta the sky like Meatballs on a cloudy day. I've taken to camping as an alternative to running and gunning to stay out of the way of all that crap, but my ADD drives me crazy and I have to run and gun and just take the stabs as they com. It's unfortunate, but it just shows how really bad players, try to make themselves look like they can actually play the game by exploiting a glitch in the game.....

RSTEIN

divisionbyzorro said:
Yeah, I used to think that CP running was okay because of the trade-off (zero range), but the problem is that the they move too fast to be trackable with even a moderate amount of lag. With our network infrastructure where it is today, we can't have people move that fast.

Hammik said:

I encountered several of them this weekend for some reason. One match on Favela was hilarious. This guy would run up to flag A, kill me and three of my teamates, run around to flag C and kill two or three along the way. The entire game he was just doing a loop around the map and leaving body bags behind him. It was amazing.

So, I planted myself at Flag A saying "ok, it is now my job to kill this fucker" and I couldn't believe how hard he was to kill. He ran up the stairs to the right of the flag. I'm behind the car near the flag. I see him and start shooting. Nope. Ran right through my bullets and stabbed me. Other times I would see him dart across but I literally could not move my weapon fast enough to lead him properly. I booted up my OMA class and planted Claymores along his "route" and ended up killing him each time :lol

That one guy just totally ruined the whole match. I mean, we won, but the fun factor wasn't there because we were always on the lookout for this douche. So frustrating.

aku:jiki

Man, I'm sick of getting spawn-locked on Highrise. Did I post that last night too? I think so, but it happens every single time I play Highrise now! My team is too scared to leave and I just die a billion times trying to unlock us. :(

kitch9 said:
If the guy moves its not camping, its as simple as that. Its your fault for not checking your corners, what you describe is a valid tactic in any game.
He's not talking about people who take cover or move around slowly, he's talking about the type of guy who's camping the shit out of a room with claymores, tactical insertions, whatever else and will sit in a different glitchy/dark corner every time you enter and wait for you with his heartbeat sensor so he's almost impossible to get. That guy is a bitch.

kitch9 said:
I don't think you understand what hardcore modes are about..... You CANNOT run about in that mode, as its more like a game of chess.
Man, the way people talk about Hardcore like it's the shit... :lol

I didn't know chess consisted of a dead battlefield with nothing going on and 8 players on each team sitting in a corner with a heartbeat sensor, waiting for the only guy on each team who doesn't have the patience for 10 minutes of straight camping to try to sneak past. And then the match ends 3800-4200 and I saw 3 enemies during the whole game.

(So, yeah, I take back what I said earlier. HC modes suck ass.)

kitch9

Banned
aku:jiki said:
Man, I'm sick of getting spawn-locked on Highrise. Did I post that last night too? I think so, but it happens every single time I play Highrise now! My team is too scared to leave and I just die a billion times trying to unlock us. :(

He's not talking about people who take cover or move around slowly, he's talking about the type of guy who's camping the shit out of a room with claymores, tactical insertions, whatever else and will sit in a different glitchy/dark corner every time you enter and wait for you with his heartbeat sensor so he's almost impossible to get. That guy is a bitch.

Man, the way people talk about Hardcore like it's the shit... :lol

I didn't know chess consisted of a dead battlefield with nothing going on and 8 players on each team sitting in a corner with a heartbeat sensor, waiting for the only guy on each team who doesn't have the patience for 10 minutes of straight camping to try to sneak past. And then the match ends 3800-4200 and I saw 3 enemies during the whole game.

(So, yeah, I take back what I said earlier. HC modes suck ass.)

You obviously have a problem with the Heartbeat Sensor so lemme tell you a secret................. You ready?............................ Ninja..........................

Thank me later.

I enjoy the change of pace in the HQ modes everynow and then, so uhm whatever.

And my point is, it's not cool that I can switch my class and go find him AFTER he cheaps away my 17 kill streak with a blind noobtube aimed at a corner where he thinks there MIGHT have been enemies. That's just bullshit and stuff like that should not have been put into a game that focuses so strongly on your survival. That's just a contradiction of game design and IW really should have known that it would irritate the fuck out of people.

But the point is that the high-level killstreaks are supposed to be difficult. That's why they're set that high. They didn't decide that the nuke should be at 25 kills and then try to balance the game around that. Rather, they built the game and decided that the right balance for the nuke in that system was at 25 kills. Same for the other bonuses (although I'd argue they screwed up their placement of the EMP, but that's neither here nor there). The nuke isn't supposed to be attainable every single match.

Of course, what you say is evidence for what I've said over and over: the killstreak system messes with player's psychology. Dying hurts much more than it did before, so we rage about cheap deaths much more than we did before. It'd be the same in Gears of War, Halo 3, CS, or TF2 if they instituted a killstreak system.

Nevermind the fact that the supposed goal of the game is to capture flags/plant bombs. Noooo - all we care about is the fact that we didn't get our Harriers and have to start over again. Even if we win 200-100, we rage because a blind tube took us out on a 23 killstreak. It just reaffirms that the vast majority of people are selfish bastards who care more about individual accomplishment than teamwork and victory.

Meier

Had my best match ever in terms of kill ratio last night on Highrise. 19-0 with my sniper and Raffica.. eventually picked up someone's dual something (think it was the MPK or some sort of weapon I never use.. possibly Uzis) snagged a kill or two at the end with those. I don't know how to get up to the crane or anything -- half the kills came from dummies trying to run down the hallway after spawning. :lol

If I had something other than UAV/Care Package/Predator, that would have probably been my first nuke game. Oh well, I really couldn't care less about getting one.

RSTEIN

Oh, another weird thing happened on the weekend. I'm playing on Skidrow and this guy joins and starts destroying people with his dual 1887s. His name is .. and he has the level 10 prestige badge. I look at the killcam and I swear his 1887s behave like pre-patch days. The guy was killing people from like 40 feet away no problem. Anyway, I try to look him up through the friends list but he wasn't there... no record of ever having played with him. Really strange.

uraldix

I have a feeling that some of you people who just don't get this game are the ones who suck at it. This is not COD4. It is not Halo 3. It is not any other FPS where the old rules apply, because IW introduced the killstreaks and by doing that they made your every life incredibly important. Every time you're at 4 going on 7 kills, it's a pain in the ass to die.

I see that some of you are completely oblivious to this and play the game like any other FPS, but you are doing it wrong. You can go ahead and keep doing it if it's what you enjoy, that's cool, but don't come preaching to us about how to play it. You're playing a different game than us, and we're playing the game IW designed.

Dude no offence but you are completely contradicting yourself here. IW intended for you to camp your way to a killstreak but they didn't intend for someone to tube a camping site?
I think the main place where I disagree is that IW didn't intend for everyone to camp, they intended for everyone to get kills. Whether you are a good player or a bad player, you will get some kills.

kitch9

Banned
RSTEIN said:
I encountered several of them this weekend for some reason. One match on Favela was hilarious. This guy would run up to flag A, kill me and three of my teamates, run around to flag C and kill two or three along the way. The entire game he was just doing a loop around the map and leaving body bags behind him. It was amazing.

So, I planted myself at Flag A saying "ok, it is now my job to kill this fucker" and I couldn't believe how hard he was to kill. He ran up the stairs to the right of the flag. I'm behind the car near the flag. I see him and start shooting. Nope. Ran right through my bullets and stabbed me. Other times I would see him dart across but I literally could not move my weapon fast enough to lead him properly. I booted up my OMA class and planted Claymores along his "route" and ended up killing him each time :lol

That one guy just totally ruined the whole match. I mean, we won, but the fun factor wasn't there because we were always on the lookout for this douche. So frustrating.

The PC version has that patched I think. The revenge spawn system needs looking at if you ask me....... Spawning dudes right next to where you are after you've just killed them sometimes is got very wrong.

Hanmik

Cornbread78 said:
you are a rare one my friend. Almost every match I play now, someone is running around with the Care package glitch or care packages are dropping outta the sky like Meatballs on a cloudy day. I've taken to camping as an alternative to running and gunning to stay out of the way of all that crap, but my ADD drives me crazy and I have to run and gun and just take the stabs as they com. It's unfortunate, but it just shows how really bad players, try to make themselves look like they can actually play the game by exploiting a glitch in the game.....

Maybe I´m rare.. but then count in my clan as rare to. Because we have not run into any of these persons on the PS3 yet.. Like I said I have met 1 of the CP runners.. and noone else in my Clan (we are like 40 people) have met them... Maybe I´m just lucky or you are unlucky.. I even had the fortunate luck to get my first Nuke this weekend.
Are you playing on the PS3..? We are, and our clan is based in Denmark and Scotland (and me as a lonesome jerk up kere in the Faroe Islands). So maybe your global positioning has something to do with it afterall..?

And I have seen those crazy Carepackage spawning youtube videos, they look crazy, but I have not met any of these in any game yet. Maybe it´s because I play Mosh-Pit (the mode with the smallest amount of players it seems)..?

Lies! Slande! Hardcore was the saving grace of the tame in the early glitch days of javelindom and akimboed 87 runners. For that alone it will always be special. Also, this weekend I played a bunch of CoD4 on PC, and I would say 90% of the TDM servers I joined were hardcore, which did kind of get annoying but it is what it is. It plays slower than regular, yes, but in the right rooms it flows just as well. I have seen games of regular TDM(hell, I've seen games of domintion/HQ!) with more camping than some of the HCTDM matches I've played. It's not the gametype, it's the people playing. I don't see the point in camping for 3 minutes because you're afraid of a 15 second (or less, depending on if you die after the spawn wave has passed) respawn. But I tend to be a very in your face kind of player, and I can still pull that off in hardcore as well as regular. It just takes some getting used to.

EDIT: I just can't keep up when typing on the iPod. The post is in response to the guy who said hardcore evangelists were crazy.

dark_chris

The Care Package guys are fun to deal with.
When I notice they are around, just akimbo the 1887 shotguns and blast them keep doing it till they get the point. Its very simple and not at all that hard to deal with. Just be aware of your surroundings and blast them to hell.

Cornbread78

Maybe I´m rare.. but then count in my clan as rare to. Because we have not run into any of these persons on the PS3 yet.. Like I said I have met 1 of the CP runners.. and noone else in my Clan (we are like 40 people) have met them... Maybe I´m just lucky or you are unlucky.. I even had the fortunate luck to get my first Nuke this weekend.
Are you playing on the PS3..? We are, and our clan is based in Denmark and Scotland (and me as a lonesome jerk up kere in the Faroe Islands). So maybe your global positioning has something to do with it afterall..?

Yeah, PS3, in NA. I play mostly with about 100 guys/gals and we all encounter this about 90% of the time now. As I've said before, it's very unfortunate that IW has not yet addressed these exploits, as they are turning more and more people away from the game, especially the truly hardcore players that know what they are doing and they are even gettign put off by it. I guess that's good news for MAG, LOL.

I've seen it in all game modes thus far... It totally ruins a domination match because you can't hold any of the flags down unless everyone on your squad has Stingers or anti-air support equiped.

dark_chris said:
The Care Package guys are fun to deal with.
When I notice they are around, just akimbo the 1887 shotguns and blast them keep doing it till they get the point. Its very simple and not at all that hard to deal with. Just be aware of your surroundings and blast them to hell.
And then they respawn again with another care package and rinse and repeat. Ugh, this glitch is ridiculous. Almost as bad as the Javelin glitch.

RavenFox

Banned
RubxQub said:
Oh my fucking god...

COME THE FUCK ON INFINITY WARD!
Insane isnt it? I just quit when that shit starts happening. When you have multiple harriers and the rest of the known airforce hunting your ass its time to say fuck it.

The stat tracking in this game is terrible. Just terrible.

Why? because there practically is none.

The only kind of tracking comes from challenges, which doesn't do it very well.

IW had almost infinite recourses at their disposal to make a complete game; only to be stubborn assholes during development and then even after the release!

Wheres the community support? New playlists? Nows the perfect time to experiment with playlist management while the population is high. OH WAIT! they could have done during a beta!

Yes this game is awesome. I am addicted to it. But that also lets me be a dick about it.

IW fucking sucks. Now prove me wrong IW please you stupid whores.

RavenFox said:
Insane isnt it? I just quit when that shit starts happening. When you have multiple harriers and the rest of the known airforce hunting your ass its time to say fuck it.

If you're Level 30 or above, you switch to your dedicated anti-air class (you have one, right?) and you shoot them all down, taking loads of XP with you.

Gio_CoD

Banned

Right, we're all just playing the game wrong.

I don't know about you, but I manage to get 10+ kill streaks fairly often. And that's with me PREFERRING to run around the map and find shit to kill. I could have probably nuked a half dozen or more times if I felt like camping and protecting my life. But I don't because even with my aggressive style of play I still manage to get 10+ kill streaks all the time. See, I almost never have a problem dying at the hands of grenade launchers, and I'm starting to theorize that it's because I'm always moving. I get the feeling that you guys complaining about "noobtubes" never move from your spot, so you kill a guy, he sees where you're camping in the killcam, and then he comes back and blows your ass away. Sounds like exactly how the game should be played to me.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I pretty much roll with Cold-Blooded on any map that air support is a problem by default, so it's not so much that these infinite care package things are hurting me directly, but it's affecting that game.

My team almost always is getting mowed down left and right due to all the sentry guns and air support, and it's just impossible to gain any momentum.

IW couldn't patch this shit fast enough in my opinion. It really just makes them look embarrassingly bad...and they're rumored to be working on an MMO?

... :lol

Meier

xDangerboy said:
The stat tracking in this game is terrible. Just terrible.

Why? because there practically is none.

The only kind of tracking comes from challenges, which doesn't do it very well.
This is my biggest complaint. I have not experienced many glitches personally (I don't think the CP running is one.. just that it needs to be toned down). The lack of stat tracking though is very disappointing -- I am nearing 2500 kills with my FAMAS but I assume there is another level of it in the Veteran challenge.. but what happens once you top out the challenges? People want to know more info about how they've done and this thing definitely lacks it.

I'd like to know how long my killstreak was in every match I play -- not just my one-time longest KS. Keep track of 10+ KSes or something..anything. Tell me how many flags I capped in a Dom game.. how many I defended. Show me my stat breakdown after so I can add it up if nothing else. Little things would go a long way.

Meier said:
This is my biggest complaint. I have not experienced many glitches personally (I don't think the CP running is one.. just that it needs to be toned down). The lack of stat tracking though is very disappointing -- I am nearing 2500 kills with my FAMAS but I assume there is another level of it in the Veteran challenge.. but what happens once you top out the challenges? People want to know more info about how they've done and this thing definitely lacks it.

I'd like to know how long my killstreak was in every match I play -- not just my one-time longest KS. Keep track of 10+ KSes or something..anything. Tell me how many flags I capped in a Dom game.. how many I defended. Show me my stat breakdown after so I can add it up if nothing else. Little things would go a long way.

The fact that Treyarch had it in W@W makes it even worse :lol

RSTEIN

RavenFox said:

That's actually bigger than Canada's air force.

Gio_CoD

Banned
Seriously, if you're complaining about air support, switch to your AA class (as the other guy said, you DO have one, right?) and tear shit apart. Rack up XP and be the hero of the hour.

This2x4Skeleton

Neo Member
kitch9 said:
Do you cry like a bitch everytime you die?

Stop running round in the open like a tit, equip Scavenger Pro, Cold Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro and you no longer have to worry about that stuff.

Stick a silencer on your weapon and you can kill people and they don't know where it came from.

If you think Shotties are powerful, well......Uhhhmmmm....... YOU CAN FUCKING USE THEM TOO YOU KNOW!!! The Spaz is the most powerful shotgun and you get it at the start.

You're 100% right.

I'll just shut my mouth and equip my 1887s with Marathon and Lightweight.

Gio_CoD said:
The people complaining about how much this game sucks just come off as sucking at the game. I played 7 hours of Call of Duty from Saturday night to Sunday morning, and I didn't see this CP glitch one time. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I'm just saying it's clearly not as rampant as some of you guys make it out to be.

The only thing in the game that kinda pisses me off is the knife runners. And it's only because with them I have the "I know I shot that fucking guy like 70 times..." moments more than with any other class. But whatever, I'm over it in 4 seconds. I'm certainly not going to cry like a fucking baby and talk about trading in the game or saying that ITS FUCKING BROKEN I CANT PLAY IT IW FIX THIS SHIT SO BROKEN OMG DAMN IT.
Oh stop already.
I got a 1.94 kdr and you have to be completely blind to not see how poorly balanced the game and especially the maps are. It's like IW thought Bog and Creek were the best maps in cod4. The reason I have such a high ratio is because I play cheap "tactics" all day long. It's boring, but if I don't do it somebody else will. I do it or I die and lose. Exploit or be exploited.

This game is 3 steps back and no steps forward from cod4, which was a great game that needed a lot of adjustments...none of which you will find in this new game. MW2 has every single issue that cod4 had and then either added more or made them worse than ever.

Spawning is worse
Noobtube/nade/claymore spam is worse
Gun Balance is worse (wow) - smgs useless, snipers more useless than ever. Famas makes the cod4 m16 seem fair and balanced. Secondaries at times are more lethal than primaries.
Maps are MUCH worse - 75% are one sided. One team literally spawns right beside the best spot on the map for an easy 10 minute lockdown. 75% of them are too open and too big with choke points that are WAY too dangerous and obvious. Lighting is awful. Most of the good hiding spots have no light so you can't see inside. One team camouflages better than a guile suit. Too many really cheap hiding spots.

Killstreaks are a wash thanks to the UAV jammer making you invisible to them. However, the whole 7+ killstreak reward thing only promotes the camping that the game already rewards. It's like everything about this game is begging you to camp and if you do you get a nice piece of candy called a AC130 for your efforts.

They did "fix" martyrdom by making painkiller the new martyrdom...which is cheaper and stupider than martyrdom ever was. With martyrdom, you had a chance to leave. You can hear the grenade and run. You also were rewarded a kill regardless if the grenade got you or not. Worse case scenario is that it turns out a wash. Painkiller (and other deathstreaks) are cheaper. Not only am I not rewarded a kill for painkiller but I get no warning. I got screwed because I ran into the wrong guy at the wrong time. Final Stand can result in me killing you and you don't die. How stupid is that? How is that better than what cod4 had to offer?

Let's not get into the glitches. let's assume all the glitches and the horrible host migration and the extended time involved in finding a game is all fixed magically. Everything new is kinda unbalanced and everything old hasn't changed.

Simply put, the game is too complicated to ever be balanced. Having essentially 6 perks at one time is crazy. All those attachments is crazy. The gameplay and the maps are rock paper scissors to the nth degree...crazy. IW is talented, but they bit off WAY too much here. 16 decent sized and complicated maps is too much in 2 years. Just about everything (even the campaign) was unrealistically scheduled and it shows.

I commend IW for trying to do something more than just another iteration of cod; however, they screwed it all up without fixing 1 thing. Rather than having a handful of issues, you now have a bucket full. It doesn't work. Go back to the drawing board. Try again.

Loxley

I don't mean to be insulting, but I hope those of you who like pissing everyone off by preemptively ending games with a nuke enjoy the massive erections I can only assume are associated with said perk.

Meier

divisionbyzorro said:
The fact that Treyarch had it in W@W makes it even worse :lol
This is my first online COD so I didn't know that... I played one of them before online (but it felt like it was a beach setting so maybe it wasn't MW1?) and kept getting raped across the map so I gave up with the quickness. :lol Pretty surprising that the b-team would be so ahead of the a-team in that regard.

Loxley said:
I don't mean to be insulting, but I hope those of you who like pissing everyone off by preemptively ending games with a nuke enjoy the massive erections I can only assume are associated with said perk.

Funny.

If a team doesn't feel like shooting down my Harrier/Apache, they deserve to get nuked. 'Nuff said.

Top Bottom