• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

aku:jiki

So what is the deal when the enemy doesn't drop a weapon at all? Were they tossing a grenade as they died, perhaps?

Twice I've been fucked with no ammo at 22-23 kills, found and killed a guy, crept up to his corpse...no weapon. Right now I was in the middle of very successfully flanking them and my MP5K went flat and my secondary was the RPG because I was just messing around. Had to try to take the shot and killed both of us. :/

RSTEIN said:
When placed at optimal height, the sentry turns into a laser beam. For example, you know the big building on Scrapyard that has two steel walkways you can snipe from? Put the sentry at the top looking out a window. You will be amazed how many kills you get. Other awesome locations:

Highrise: Beside the helicopter facing enemy spawn.
Rundown: On the roof of the building infront of Flag A looking down on Flag B.
Favela: On the roof of the building infront of Flag C.
Karachi: middle building overlooking Flag B.
Quarry: Anywhere high!
Terminal: Middle lookout infront of Flag B.
Some even whorier locations:

Highrise: On top of the white house (flag C). It will get you 10 kills before it gets shot down, easily. (That part of the map IS intentional despite how little we like it...)
Scrapyard: On top of the white truck between B and the fuselage or on top of the fuselage. You can easily get up there but most people don't know how.
Afghan: On top of the wing, or the ledge beside it. Same deal as Scrapyard.
Underpass: There's a pillar smack in the middle that nobody ever climbs.
Terminal: One of the wings of the plane you can enter, or on top of the little ledge by the entrance (going from B to C).

It's all about making it virtually unknifeable so you don't have to guard it at all. :D

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
aku:jiki said:
Some even whorier locations:

Highrise: On top of the white house (flag C). It will get you 10 kills before it gets shot down, easily. (That part of the map IS intentional despite how little we like it...)
Scrapyard: On top of the white truck between B and the fuselage or on top of the fuselage. You can easily get up there but most people don't know how.
Afghan: On top of the wing, or the ledge beside it. Same deal as Scrapyard.
Underpass: There's a pillar smack in the middle that nobody ever climbs.
Terminal: One of the wings of the plane you can enter, or on top of the little ledge by the entrance (going from B to C).

It's all about making it virtually unknifeable so you don't have to guard it at all. :D

I bow to your magnificence, Goro.

Raadius said:
I hate / rarely use them in MW2. Claymores don't have that "boom" they had in COD4. You can pretty much run past them or jump over them with lil to no effect. If a person is smart, he'll knows you have a claymore by the sentry gun and he'll shoot it.

The idea is to put it at the top of the ladder/mantle spot. Most great sentry locations are up high, which involves climbing something. You move too slowly up a ladder to react to a claymore pointed at your face.

gbovo

RSTEIN said:
BAMBI

bambidm_468x451.jpg
yangin magazine! >
tango sucka! > Bambi!

I'll preface this by saying I generally have a lot of fun on Live and this isn't a hate post, because this thread has far too many of them.

I was just playing Hardcore HQ on Estate, I was taking the HQ in the house itself, when one of my teammates runs up to me and traps me in the corner. Since it was Ricochet I couldn't put a bullet in his head, but I didn't need to because after a good 10-15 seconds of taunting on his mic, a sniper got him in the head as the dude shouted "WHO THE FUCK?!?" :lol

Man, griefers were so much better in Counter-Strike days. ;)

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'll preface this by saying I generally have a lot of fun on Live and this isn't a hate post, because this thread has far too many of them.

I was just playing Hardcore HQ on Estate, I was taking the HQ in the house itself, when one of my teammates runs up to me and traps me in the corner. Since it was Ricochet I couldn't put a bullet in his head, but I didn't need to because after a good 10-15 seconds of taunting on his mic, a sniper got him in the head as the dude shouted "WHO THE FUCK?!?" :lol

Man, griefers were so much better in Counter-Strike days. ;)

HC modes need a vote-to-kick option.

I dunno. I could see teams votekicking someone if they're near a nuke out of spite etc.

Edit: I do think Ricochet should be turned off though. I don't see the point of it - if you're in Hardcore, you're probably up for the challenge of picking your targets wisely.

Ugh, the more I play with the Intervention, the more I think that it should be a one hit kill anywhere on the body. It's bullshit that sometimes I will have to shoot a guy three times (twice to down him, once when he's in last stand) to kill him.

backflip10019 said:
Ugh, the more I play with the Intervention, the more I think that it should be a one hit kill anywhere on the body. It's bullshit that sometimes I will have to shoot a guy three times (twice to down him, once when he's in last stand) to kill him.

If only it shot knives instead of bullets.

Aurora

So I was a few kills away from my AC130 and naturally started camping a bit. I had no Harrier either so it had to be legit kills. I find a nice spot and start picking off a few enemies getting my AC130. I get up to find a new hiding spot and realise I had been camping literally right next to an enemy sniper for a good 3 minutes. He panicked and started no scoping but I knifed him in time. Gotta love Cold-Blooded and Silencer :lol

Garjon

Pulka said:
I love noob tubing over the map in the beginning of Highrise, 3 free kills! ;D
Surely it's more fun running through the underground path with Lightweight and shooting everyone with a SPAS-12:D

Thing is it's even easier to noob tube on Terminal - if you start by Burger Town you can just fire through the left most window up in front of you, you'll probably get more than 3 kills, especially if you're playing Ground War

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Confidence Man said:
If only it shot knives instead of bullets.
...or better yet...

2rygh7l.jpg

RubxQub

With updated specs:

SniperKnife2dot0.png

Najaf

Am I the only one who is disappointed that the m21 does not have and assault rifle counterpart like the m14 had in cod4? I can only imagine the decimation that would come from that puppy with a red dot.

I digress. My question is for you knife class users. I've been experimenting with a UMP45, m9 tac knife, marathon, lightweight and ninja. Does the use of a tac knife only speed up the recovery animation and therefore is only useful for engaging multiple enemies? Or, does it also speed up the attack animation so, for instance, if you go knife to knife with someone not using a tactical setup, you will have the edge if you began knifing simultaneously?

*By the way, it's nice to be able to contribute to the community here after my 4 month wait in the approval queue. I've lurked for ages, but am glad I finally took the plunge.*

Aurora said:
So I was a few kills away from my AC130 and naturally started camping a bit. I had no Harrier either so it had to be legit kills. I find a nice spot and start picking off a few enemies getting my AC130. I get up to find a new hiding spot and realise I had been camping literally right next to an enemy sniper for a good 3 minutes. He panicked and started no scoping but I knifed him in time. Gotta love Cold-Blooded and Silencer :lol

haha! I've done that before and there is that split second that you look at each other going "how long have you been there..." good stuff.

Garjon

zero margin said:
haha! I've done that before and there is that split second that you look at each other going "how long have you been there..." good stuff.
It's even better when you line up a headshot and the enemy turns around just in time to see you there:D

RubxQub

zero margin said:
I love that shit.

I was playing Estate and got my predator missile, which immediately set up my harrier. After launching both of those things I turn around and there is a dude right next to be crouched looking towards B (we were in front of the house off to the left).

I panicked and shot him dead...but he had no freaking clue I was there at all. So silly :lol

Najaf

Aurora said:

That reminds me of a match on Afghan where I had run down near A to call in a care package, next to the ramp that hooks around the back of the cave. There were several of us there and more were spawning as I threw my marker down in the small grassy area. A few seconds later my package comes raining down and credits me a crate kill. There was a sniper in the grass who obviously knew we were there but did not want to end his streak by revealing himself. Sadly, I had not prestiged so I did not get credit for the challenge.

RubxQub

Hyunkel6 said:
I finally reached level 70. What's the consensus on the AK-47? I did notice some sway when using the red dot sight.
Beast in close quarter combat, useless everywhere else.

Minamu

aku:jiki said:
It might be news to you, but it's a fact. I wouldn't exactly call it useless, though. Commando is beautiful for the jumping around and for when you don't have the knife ready (which you only do when you know you've flanked the enemy team, nobody runs with the TK up at all times).
Geez, calm down :lol I meant what I said, it is news to me. Will have to adapt. Or rather, I'm grateful for the news. It means I won't have to go out of my way to get my second tac knife (due to prestige) which is really tedious.

Garjon

MMKirby said:
Care packages are pretty pro. I love getting those air ships that shoot people.
It is quite fun getting an AC130 after a 3 kill streak, especially when you fire the main cannon and it hits the entire (or most of it) opposing team's spawn point:lol

Also, today I learned the Stryker on Skidrow is quite possibly the most fun thing in the game:D

RubxQub

_tetsuo_ said:
Friend from another board made a all knife account and he compiled some video. Something like 5000 kills with only 4 shots fired :lol. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8GKJcliAhQ&feature=popt00us01
To get the tac knife he had to do a lot more shooting than 4 shots...but an entertaining video none the less.

I'll still never understand the point of throwing knives, but they are cool and embarrassing to get killed with.

Draft said:
I think at this point the only major knock against MW2s multiplayer is the party chat lockout.

Maybe at some point in the distant past there was a notion that this would become the next big competitive FPS. That didn't happen, and it is not going to happen. MW2 is fun as hell, but it's also a fucking mess of weird glitches and MvC2 style balancing.

They should just put party chat back in.

Totally agree. Thats one of the VERY few complaints I have. The other one is knifing should be disabled if you are using akimbos.

aku:jiki

I'm not the only one who enjoys the fact that the kid named xX o SiiCK SNiiPER SKiiLLZz v Xx usually never has a sniper but runs around and tries to cheap it up with noobtubes but fails miserably at it and scores 11-35, right? I love that shit. :lol

Ended up playing with a bunch of loud british kids who came in and started talking shit to everyone. Then me and another guy in our team made sure they went 6-25 for like 5 straight matches. They immediately stopped talking shit to us and started picking on a guy on their team instead. Of course they all had names like SICK SHOTZ and CRAZY KILLZ XX. :lol

Najaf said:
Does the use of a tac knife only speed up the recovery animation and therefore is only useful for engaging multiple enemies?
Basically, yeah.

Najaf said:
Or, does it also speed up the attack animation so, for instance, if you go knife to knife with someone not using a tactical setup, you will have the edge if you began knifing simultaneously?
Maybe it does, but the other guy most likely has a lunge while you don't so he could start a few milliseconds before you no matter what. Pretty much a non-issue.

Personally, as a runner, I find TacKnife useless. Shotgun secondary is the real deal for a runner.

_tetsuo_ said:
Friend from another board made a all knife account and he compiled some video. Something like 5000 kills with only 4 shots fired :lol. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8GKJcliAhQ&feature=popt00us01
That video REALLY makes me want to equip the throwing knife again so badly, but I'm working on finishing up all frag challenges. :/

Top Bottom