• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

UFRA

Wow, just encountered a true idiot in HC SD on the PS3.

He had MLG in his clan tag, but obviously was just a trash talker trying to be cool. He sent me all sorts of messages saying I'm a "camping faggot" and what not, even though I had over 10 kills each match we played, and was always using my runner class. He would usually go 3-3 or 2-2, low kills and equal deaths.

He also was a trash talker on the mic, claiming I was a "scrub" because I am not doing prestige mode. Ha...yeah I must suck then.

Anyway, I reported him for the text messages.

I won't reveal his name though just out of courtesy I suppose. I've encountered plenty of morons online of course...but when they go above and beyond to be a complete ass, they get reported.

"Shwager" PS3 GAF, report this kid. :p

Najaf

aku:jiki said:

Personally, as a runner, I find TacKnife useless. Shotgun secondary is the real deal for a runner.

This is what I was starting to believe as well. The TacKnife is sure sexy, but in my experience, it is only beneficial in a fraction of encounters. It feels great to take down a group of three guys with those quick jabs but having a shotgun seems to be a more versatile package when paired with an SMG.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
backflip10019 said:
Not necessarily. There is a default class that has the tac knife.
Don't contradict me in public!!!!

Najaf said:
This is what I was starting to believe as well. The TacKnife is sure sexy, but in my experience, it is only beneficial in a fraction of encounters. It feels great to take down a group of three guys with those quick jabs but having a shotgun seems to be a more versatile package when paired with an SMG.

Nothing beats the feeling of successfully knifing those three guys in a row while they are trying to scramble and get a sense of what the heck is going on, though. :D

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Lé Blade Runner said:
Nothing beats the feeling of successfully knifing those three guys in a row while they are trying to scramble and get a sense of what the heck is going on, though. :D

No, I won't quote your name!

picko

Neo Member
RdN said:
Congrats to him.. I find myself not able to get kills with the throwing knife.. :(

Same. Usually get frustrated with it within about 10 minutes. Satisfying when you get the odd kill but the rest of the time it is usually frustrating!

Raadius

Banned
I love when you enter or get merged into another lobby with your clan and some random joe blows start immediately talking shit when they see 5 or 6 of you. Than after the match when they get blown out, they either leave, call you glitchers or start dropping "your mama" jokes :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ogs said:
So it looks like Single Player data isnt saved in the Steam Cloud :( I formatted recently and went to load up SP and..... all Spec-Ops and SP progress gone :(

I'd be happy to work through Spec-Ops again with you if you would like. Add me on Steam, my name is Stallion Free.

aku:jiki

RubxQub said:
Don't contradict me in public!!!!
It's cool, though, you're right. The default class has Ninja, the video shows him having Commando.

picko said:
Same. Usually get frustrated with it within about 10 minutes. Satisfying when you get the odd kill but the rest of the time it is usually frustrating!
The trick is to kinda treat it like a noobtube. I think that's how I just magically knew how to throw them decently.

Another important thing is that the game tricks you into thinking you need to aim up perfectly and get a red marker before tossing, which you really shouldn't. Just toss the damn thing in an arc in his general direction and pick it up again if you missed.

backflip10019 said:
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Anoj (of Machinima/Halo 3 top 10 "fame") has started making a top 10 for MW2 kills. He just released the first installment a couple days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26KrrKXvzbI

Some of these are ridiculous.
That last one is hilarious. I love how it's still counting bonuses like 20 seconds after the kill! :lol

What's up with all the acrobatics snipers do in this game? Jumping around, spinning and shit. Are they using the auto-aim to help them find the enemy or what are they doing? I just can't figure out how he gets that spinning headshot on that shield guy...

wud

Neo Member
That last one is hilarious. I love how it's still counting bonuses like 20 seconds after the kill! :lol

What's up with all the acrobatics snipers do in this game? Jumping around, spinning and shit. Are they using the auto-aim to help them find the enemy or what are they doing? I just can't figure out how he gets that spinning headshot on that shield guy...

Luck, nothing else. for everyone one of those clips, theres about 50 before where they die

i should know, trying to do my 2nd montage and recording for it is a bitch :lol

wud said:
Luck, nothing else. for everyone one of those clips, theres about 50 before where they die
Of course, most of the clips are very clearly luck, but it's not the first time I see or hear about the spinning...

whitehawk

Banned
So a couple days ago I went 28-0 in a CTF game :lol Teams were even too. Don't know how it happened.

Also ran into a game where a couple guys on my team were doing the infinite care package glitch with emergency air drops. It was pretty ridiculous.

The thing about throwing knives is that most games that I get put in, I throw the knife and then it doesn't actually show up leaving my hand until like a few seconds afterwards. Though when there's no lag, or minimal lag rather, I'm pretty ace with it. The only thing I can say is practice with it. You should start out by using it when you've seen someone but they haven't seen you, and once you get comfortable it can be a great alternative in firefights. The key is to predict movement and throw it where they're going, instead of where they are, obviously.

jiien

Just wanted to post one tip (given the recent topic of claymores and how hit or miss they can be).

I've noticed in most of my games, that those that use claymores don't actually know how to place them. You should NOT place them facing doors, or facing the top of the ladder (unless you place a yard, yard and a half away from it). Instead, leave them facing on an angle, AWAY from the doorway. Claymores are deadly, but it seems like the blast is somewhat skewed in the direction of the sensors, and you want to maximize the time the enemy is in front of the claymore.

If you place the claymore right inside the doorway (such that a guy looking through probably won't be able to see it), but facing the doorway, a speedy and observant guy (who hears the click), will know to keep running forward, and more often than not, will dodge the explosion given the lag of the claymore. If you place it several feet away, towards the door, trying to catch those in the know who will sprint in trying to avoid that first type of placement, the more careful will see it, and shoot it. So, the best course of action is to place it facing the direction an enemy WILL be, not where they will first appear.

Similarly, for the tops of ladders, place them at the very top of the ladder, but facing away from the ladder, so that people who climb up will climb into the censor, not out of it.

Finally, if you absolutely HAVE to, again, make sure you don't have to place it too close to the doorway/pathway/ladder you are covering. Again, predict the lag, and predict where the enemy will be at the end of that lag, and angle the claymore such that the enemy will spend the maximum amount of time AROUND the claymore, but such that they censor catches them.

Anyway, I use claymores all the time (mostly as sensors, to indicate if an enemy is nearby, as I feel claymores are a more reliable teammate than the actual people I play with sometimes), and though I don't necessarily intend to, I get kills all the time, easily. You just have to know how to place them.

DRE Fei

Just when I start to get frustrated with this game I find a new gun. TAR 21 w/ silencer HOLY SHIT where have I been? I've never tried that setup before and man does it make a huge difference. Awesome iron sights too.

yoopoo

Banned
WTF..a harrier hovering two feet above ground on Highrise, everybody was standing there looking at it confused. Threw a flash grenade at it...then it killed me :/

Got 150+ headshots with TAR-21, that red tiger skin it hot!

jiien

Garjon said:
I like the "HOLY SHIT" calls during the Last Kill replay on the Skidrow jump snipe:lol

I think that was the only impressive one. For all the others, the enemies either look like complete idiots (the Wasteland one), or they were damn lucky (Favela sniper). Or they just weren't that impressive (the NBK one, you can do that with an AR easy, and therefore cake with a sniper rifle, and the headshot with a 'nade launcher, if you use one often enough, you realize how common that is. In fact, getting direct impact with a launcher happens a lot too, and one would think it doesn't).

jiien said:
I think that was the only impressive one. For all the others, the enemies either look like complete idiots (the Wasteland one), or they were damn lucky (Favela sniper). Or they just weren't that impressive (the NBK one, you can do that with an AR easy, and therefore cake with a sniper rifle, and the headshot with a 'nade launcher, if you use one often enough, you realize how common that is. In fact, getting direct impact with a launcher happens a lot too, and one would think it doesn't).

I thought the knife rampage on Sub base Domination was a fantastic demonstration of the busted spawn system, buddy had four guys spawn in a corner piled up and just merc'd them all. It was pretty impressive in a really shitty kind of way.

Aurora

DigiMish said:
The spinning sniper kills are definitely things you can pretty much only accomplish with a mouse I would guess.
10 sensitivity.

It's cool, though, you're right. The default class has Ninja, the video shows him having Commando.
He obviously made a custom class with Commando after getting 100 kills with the Recon kit.

jiien said:
Just wanted to post one tip (given the recent topic of claymores and how hit or miss they can be).

I've noticed in most of my games, that those that use claymores don't actually know how to place them. You should NOT place them facing doors, or facing the top of the ladder (unless you place a yard, yard and a half away from it). Instead, leave them facing on an angle, AWAY from the doorway. Claymores are deadly, but it seems like the blast is somewhat skewed in the direction of the sensors, and you want to maximize the time the enemy is in front of the claymore.

If you place the claymore right inside the doorway (such that a guy looking through probably won't be able to see it), but facing the doorway, a speedy and observant guy (who hears the click), will know to keep running forward, and more often than not, will dodge the explosion given the lag of the claymore. If you place it several feet away, towards the door, trying to catch those in the know who will sprint in trying to avoid that first type of placement, the more careful will see it, and shoot it. So, the best course of action is to place it facing the direction an enemy WILL be, not where they will first appear.

Similarly, for the tops of ladders, place them at the very top of the ladder, but facing away from the ladder, so that people who climb up will climb into the censor, not out of it.

Finally, if you absolutely HAVE to, again, make sure you don't have to place it too close to the doorway/pathway/ladder you are covering. Again, predict the lag, and predict where the enemy will be at the end of that lag, and angle the claymore such that the enemy will spend the maximum amount of time AROUND the claymore, but such that they censor catches them.

Anyway, I use claymores all the time (mostly as sensors, to indicate if an enemy is nearby, as I feel claymores are a more reliable teammate than the actual people I play with sometimes), and though I don't necessarily intend to, I get kills all the time, easily. You just have to know how to place them.

This is a good strategy that I have seen used very effectively recently. I have a Tac-Knife build that I enjoy playing
Most of my kills come with the Scar still though
and I generally am able to run past the sensors and explosions. Lately I've seen them being angled differently and I haven't been able to get away as much. Sad me :(

Is there a fix coming soon for the care package glitch that lets you run really fast? Because I was playing with some friends earlier and we were getting destroyed because half the other team would sit there running around with tactical knives while the other half was shooting across the map and we were pretty much pinned in one spot every match.

A Penguin

AwesomeSyrup said:
Is there a fix coming soon for the care package glitch that lets you run really fast? Because I was playing with some friends earlier and we were getting destroyed because half the other team would sit there running around with tactical knives while the other half was shooting across the map and we were pretty much pinned in one spot every match.
Already been patched for PC, dunno when it's coming to 360 though.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
backflip10019 said:
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Anoj (of Machinima/Halo 3 top 10 "fame") has started making a top 10 for MW2 kills. He just released the first installment a couple days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26KrrKXvzbI

Some of these are ridiculous.
I almost feel bad for the guy in the fifth clip who got killed twice in a row by ridiculous knife throws.

Meier

So if I am level 70 prestige, is there any reason to get FAMAS Expert 6? Do I get a title too or just Fall camp and wasted Prestige Master XP?

Meier said:
Still no answer? Y'all are killing me!

You only get a title for the prestige challenges - if you want to see fall, stick around. Else, go for prestige, and take the 10k points later.

And ya, I only found out about this after I'd been in the same spot.

Meier

kamikazemartian said:
You only get a title for the prestige challenges - if you want to see fall, stick around. Else, go for prestige, and take the 10k points later.

And ya, I only found out about this after I'd been in the same spot.
Thanks for the heads up. Level 1 again!

gibonez

Banned
I just got out of a match with people using the emergency airdrop glitch and man could this game be any glitchier. Infinity Ward released a broken game. Consumer products are recalled when they release broken and faulty why shouldn't video games. If any game deserves a recall its this game. Congrats Infinity ward on creating the glitchiest pos game of all time.

Top Bottom