• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Guileless said:
Some people may feel not obligated but 'eh, what the hell' about playing it when virtually everyone on their friends list is playing it every night. I guess it will be like that until Bad Company 2 or the Reach beetuh.

That and the mix of wanting to rank up, even if the game annoys me if im only like 1 kill away from ranking up you can bet im going to play one more :lol

Garjon

Guileless said:
Some people may feel not obligated but 'eh, what the hell' about playing it when virtually everyone on their friends list is playing it every night. I guess it will be like that until Bad Company 2 or the Reach beetuh.
To be honest I still need to finish AC2, but seeing my friends playing this online and remembering our friendly rivalries makes me reach for the MW2 box every time:lol

Guileless said:
I guess it will be like that until Bad Company 2 or the Reach beetuh.

2mxo1zs.jpg

SIR! I am going to make this very clear. I am in no way, shape, or form involved in any HALOage. Or Bad Companyness.

Guileless said:

Try this: Mass Effect 2 comes out today. I'm torn into pieces.

todahawk

divisionbyzorro said:
Try this: Mass Effect 2 comes out today. I'm torn into pieces.

I had a shit night last night in MW2, 6 matches, all of them 1:1 at best. Ordered Mass Effect 2 CE a couple of hours later... I'm taking a little break from MW2.

greenjerk said:
I had a shit night last night in MW2, 6 matches, all of them 1:1 at best. Ordered Mass Effect 2 CE a couple of hours later... I'm taking a little break from MW2.

I'm thinking that I'll dedicate my solo time to ME2, but whenever I get a party together it's MW2.

codecow

LosDaddie said:
People just love to bitch about this game...and yet still continue to play it. Why? I have no clue. It doesn't make sense.

I know for damn sure if a game was so "shitty" and frustrating, I'd move onto another game.

I think it's because for something that is really good you tend to care about it a lot. For me MW2 is the 2nd best game of the decade and perhaps the 2nd best game ever released in terms of the hours I have put in (now almost 6d played, and I'm not done with it).

If nobody cared about the game and really didn't like it they'd stop playing it and stop reading this thread. This eventually happened to me with WoW after more than 100d played although I'm getting ready to start again so I'll have more variety to choose from when the next expansion comes out.

Cornbread78

I'm thinking that I'll dedicate my solo time to ME2, but whenever I get a party together it's MW2.

I hear ya, once WKC comes out, I'll play that solo for awhile, but I always need to go back to some mindless killing, so I'll be hitting up MW2 with my buddies.

shuri

Banned
Boosters are usually so horribly terrible at this game.. i found two idiots doing it, and i moved them down like 5 times in a row as they kept walking to the same points :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
shuri said:
Boosters are usually so horribly terrible at this game.. i found two idiots doing it, and i moved them down like 5 times in a row as they kept walking to the same points :lol

Where did you move them?

Managed to get my sixth nuke last night, and it was my second on Karachi. And I managed to get the Ultimate Sacrifice challenge as well, so once I get four more nukes I will have absolutely no need to equip nukes ever again.

aku:jiki

I think I just clicked with the Riot Shield. I'm going positive with it every match all of a sudden! :D

The trick is to not be so careful, or they will end up shooting through your shield or stabbing you from the front. Just run up on them without even holding the shield up and it will deflect bullets and hopefully enough will deflect that you only need one hit with the shield itself. Works much more often than safing it and slowly approaching! It's pretty excellent that I can play Domination without caring about my camping teammates, my riot and blast shields can win a Dom match by themselves! :D

Gotta love how people still have no idea what to do against it... I even had another shielder just turn and run when he saw me! :lol

Cornbread78

Gotta love how people still have no idea what to do against it... I even had another shielder just turn and run when he saw me!

It's called Semtex, I always have it equipted for you ba$tards with a shield. Nothing more satisfying then watching someone try to run away from a granade that is attached to them...:D BOOM:lol

todahawk

divisionbyzorro said:

Yeah, i haven't played with a party in a bit, that would probably help some.

I haven't played at all in about a week and was feeling rusty as it is but I've recently prestiged and I'm missing some of my classes. I really miss my claymores and m16!

Haha, I just joined a match that was 170-150 and managed to go 10-2 with just the shield! Really wish I had recorded my intial 8-kill run through enemy territory. Only thing that could stop the locomotive was the guy I just killed spawning in my back. :lol

LosDaddie

Banned
codecow said:
I think it's because for something that is really good you tend to care about it a lot. For me MW2 is the 2nd best game of the decade and perhaps the 2nd best game ever released in terms of the hours I have put in (now almost 6d played, and I'm not done with it).

If nobody cared about the game and really didn't like it they'd stop playing it and stop reading this thread. This eventually happened to me with WoW after more than 100d played although I'm getting ready to start again so I'll have more variety to choose from when the next expansion comes out.

I understand your point.

I guess my point was that I don't understand why some GAFers continue to play a game they find "shitty", frustrating and riddled with glitches. I know if a game made me so frustrated that I cried about it every day on GAF, I'd just go play another game.

Mikey Jr.

Me and my friend found a topic about the worst classes. Mine is first and his is second.

Primary: Miniuzi/Thermal/Rapid Fire
Secondary: Stinger
Equip: Tactical Insertion
Secondary: Smoke
Perk 1: Bling
Perk 2: Danger Close
Perk 3: Scrambler
Death Streak: Copy Cat

Primary: Riot
Secondary: Stinger
Equip: Tactical Insertion
Secondary: Smoke
Perk 1: Bling
Perk 2: Danger Close
Perk 3: Sit rep
Death Streak: Copy Cat

Which one do you guys think is worse?

taylor910

LosDaddie said:
I understand your point.

I guess my point was that I don't understand why some GAFers continue to play a game they find "shitty", frustrating and riddled with glitches. I know if a game made me so frustrated that I cried about it every day on GAF, I'd just go play another game.

I haven't really been complaining about the problems this game has, itt at least. But I think people still play it because it is fun.

Just like any other game that has issues/glitches, if you like the game you still play it. But that doesn't mean you can't bitch/complain about the problems that need to be fixed.

I think its ridiculous that there are so many problems, and from what I've read it seems like the consensus is that it is IWs fault. So yeah, I think its bullshit. But Im still gonna play the game because I like it.

todahawk

taylor910 said:
Has anyone else's mind been blown by the status bar at the bottom of the screen that shows your progress to the next rank?

Yeah, I read about that in the manual but still forget about it (yes I read all manuals, I love them).

Garjon

taylor910 said:
Has anyone else's mind been blown by the status bar at the bottom of the screen that shows your progress to the next rank?
YES! Especially since I always seem to forget about it then I eagerly anticipate the progress bar that shows up when you re-enter the lobby:lol

FPS stands for First Person Shooter, NOT First Person Shielder!
Fucking pisses me off that you can't do jackshit about them noobs using a shield with the increased melee distance perk unless you shoot them in the back.

shagg_187 said:
Fucking pisses me off that you can't do jackshit about them noobs using a shield with the increased melee distance perk unless you shoot them in the back.
Never had a problem with this. Aim at the feet while backing up.

Pete Rock

shagg_187 said:
If you are having problems with riot shield users this is not the game for you :lol

taylor910 said:
Only in the sense that it makes me wonder why the hell they couldn't have put the actual kill streak count indicator centered over the D-Pad icon where you look to see what's active. There is literally no point to that huge garish bar at the bottom of the screen, you can look at your XP in the barracks at any point in time and see the same thing.

DMasta718

Banned
Its hilarious when people lose, they blame it on camping. This happens everytime. Even people that is on my team blames it. I understand that camping I understand camping happens in this game but everytime? C'mon son.

Edit: Shag, you have good amount of options to handle riot shielders. Could throw a semtex on their shield and run. You can throw a stun or flash grenade and knife them. You could shoot at their feet while they are walking or you could get someone else to shoot at his shield while you go and kill him.

Hyunkel6

Garjon said:
YES! Especially since I always seem to forget about it then I eagerly anticipate the progress bar that shows up when you re-enter the lobby:lol
It's not that I forget about it, but I never even see it. I swear, it's camouflaged or something. The only time I noticed it was when my friend pointed it out to me.

shagg_187 said:
A) WTF? The shield is the hardest weapon in the game to use. Go try it out, then come back and call me a noob when I streak 10 kills with it.

B) Just exploit the BILLIONS of glitches with the shield? Just keep shooting at a shielder with an LMG and he'll die soon enough even if he's blocking your shots, because the shield is completely broken.

taylor910

DMasta718 said:
Its hilarious when people lose, they blame it on camping. This happens everytime. Even people that is on my team blames it. I understand that camping I understand camping happens in this game but everytime? C'mon son.

This is so funny, especially in demo when you are on defense.

uraldix

DMasta718 said:
I understand that camping I understand camping happens in this game but everytime? C'mon son.

I got blamed for it last night in a game where I got the "Spent most time Sprinting" accolade.

aku:jiki said:
A) WTF? The shield is the hardest weapon in the game to use. Go try it out, then come back and call me a noob when I streak 10 kills with it.

I will second that, I can't use it without dying 20 times.

Pete Rock said:
If you are having problems with riot shield users this is not the game for you :lol
Yeah, you are definitely the one to decide which game is for me, right? :p

I am not having "problems" with riot shield users as much as it fucking pisses me off when I see them running around that I make it my business fucking their shit up. I hate it more than those fuckers with grenade launchers. Might as well just let us use Precision strikes in the beginning of the match while they're at it!

What I think they need to do is add a 5 second lock-down on Grenade Launcher similar to that they have for Killstreak rewards. Atleast that way, you can get the fuck away from the spawn point!

Sh0k

DarknessTear said:
Semtex, Flashbangs, Stuns. Best weapons against someone with a Riot Shield.

You forgot Claymores, nothing like planting a claymore while being chased by somebody with a riot shield. I'm up to level 27 after my first prestige, 4 more levels for my precious claymores :D

Sh0k said:
You forgot Claymores, nothing like planting a claymore while being chased by somebody with a riot shield. I'm up to level 27 after my first prestige, 4 more levels for my precious claymores :D

Did that to one the other day, makes you feel all fuzzy inside :lol

DMasta718

Banned
Sh0k said:

Got that done to me when I was using the shield one time. Felt like a failure.

UFRA

With my riot shield class I use blast shield as my equipment, so I can turn that on, and sit in front of your clays and go. "Oh hai dere" *boom* and then continue on. :D

I also can survive semtex and grenades with it. I love it when someone throws a semtex on the wall behind me and watches me without shooting as if they know I'm done for.

Right as the semtex is about to detonate, I quick turn around and face it, survive, then turn right back around and the guy just stands there like...."ohhhh FFFFFFUUUUUUUU"

It's surprising how many people do that. Only occasionally does someone get smart enough to shoot me as I turn around.

I usually only use my riot class for Headquarters though.

taylor910

UFRA said:
With my riot shield class I use blast shield as my equipment, so I can turn that on, and sit in front of your clays and go. "Oh hai dere" *boom* and then continue on. :D

I also can survive semtex and grenades with it. I love it when someone throws a semtex on the wall behind me and watches me without shooting as if they know I'm done for.

Right as the semtex is about to detonate, I quick turn around and face it, survive, then turn right back around and the guy just stands there like...."ohhhh FFFFFFUUUUUUUU"

It's surprising how many people do that. Only occasionally does someone get smart enough to shoot me as I turn around.

I usually stick the semtex to the shield. Does the blast shield let you survive that?

UFRA said:

You can't survive a semtex that's stuck to you though.

UFRA

Choke on the Magic said:
You can't survive a semtex that's stuck to you though.

If there's a pile of dead bodies around me, then I just grab someones weapon and drop the shield. :p

Edit: Actually, no joke I think I have survived that with blast shield on before. It might have to do with where the semtex attaches to the shield. But one time in HQ, I was capturing the point, and I heard that weird "music/noise" indicating that someone stuck semtex onto you (I'm sure you know what I mean) and I had blast shield on and survived.

Now, maybe I'm wrong and that noise was for something else, but I could have sworn that's what happened. Doing a quick google search shows other people with similar stories. So, I think it is possible.

Haven't played any multi in a couple of weeks and when I was about to the other day I read about the latest PS3 firmware and MW2 not going well together and resulting in some dead consoles. Is there any reason to be cautious?

UFRA

Choke on the Magic said:
How often have you actually done that? Be honest.

I've done it twice successfully, most times it fails though... :p

But check this out from the MW2 wiki (and see my edit up above):

Using the Riot Shield in conjunction with the Blast Shield will help the player survive most explosive attacks around the player and the player will most likely survive a Semtex stuck on the Riot Shield while donning the Blast Shield.

DarknessTear said:
Semtex, Flashbangs, Stuns. Best weapons against someone with a Riot Shield.

Edit: Oh, and Claymores. Lay one down in front and teehee. :D
Your flashes and stuns do absolutely nothing to me. I walk right through them, ignoring the whiteness on my screen and keep trucking toward you. Claymores only work against the people who haven't figured out how to properly get shield kills; you don't crawl up to an enemy, you run full blast and wave the shield wildly. Semtex is the only one that will work, but you better run like hell, cause I'll get an assisted suicide otherwise!

taylor910 said:
I usually stick the semtex to the shield. Does the blast shield let you survive that?
Yes, barely.

Aurora

I'm pretty sure you survive providing it's stuck to the shield and you have Blast Shield on. I could be wrong but I remember it happening to me a few times.

UFRA said:
I've done it twice successfully, most times it fails though... :p

But check this out from the MW2 wiki (and see my edit up above):

I'll try it then. I like using it in small maps in domination.

Also this is unrelated, but does anyone else notice that the rust map comes up less than any other map? Why is that?

taylor910

Choke on the Magic said:
I'll try it then. I like using it in small maps in domination.

Also this is unrelated, but does anyone else notice that the rust map comes up less than any other map? Why is that?

Only time I've ever played rust is when the glitch/hack was still around. I didn't even know it was a part of normal playlists.

Top Bottom