• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

th3dude

Choke on the Magic said:
I'll try it then. I like using it in small maps in domination.

Also this is unrelated, but does anyone else notice that the rust map comes up less than any other map? Why is that?
It's definitely a rare map.

Anyone have any love for the ACOG scope? I know it has a decent amount of negatives going for it (longer ADS, increased recoil) but I recently starting throwing it on my ACR and have done really well with it on med - large maps.

Have to agree with the silenced UMP lovers as well. That combo is sick especially if you go pure silence w / cold blooded and ninja on tighter maps.

UFRA

Sir Garbageman said:
Anyone have any love for the ACOG scope? I know it has a decent amount of negatives going for it (longer ADS, increased recoil) but I recently starting throwing it on my ACR and have done really well with it on med - large maps.

Have to agree with the silenced UMP lovers as well. That combo is sick especially if you go pure silence w / cold blooded and ninja on tigther maps.

I use HB sensor and ACOG on my ACR. Love it.

Scarecrow

I've recently found a small bit of joy by downgrading my killstreaks to only the lower level ones. It feels a bit more rewarding :)

Numpt3

Sir Garbageman said:

Have to agree with the silenced UMP lovers as well. That combo is sick especially if you go pure silence w / cold blooded and ninja on tigther maps.

stick the ACOG on the intervention and combine it with stopping power on smaller maps, its a beast.. just make sure you get the first shot off though or your screwed :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Scarecrow said:
I've recently found a small bit of joy by downgrading my killstreaks to only the lower level ones. It feels a bit more rewarding :)

I know what you mean. I rocked UAV/Counter UAV/Care Package for a while (admittedly just for the Killstreak Challenges) and I had a lot of fun. I really felt like an asset to my team rather than a killstreak whore.

Then I went back to my old ways after I finished the challenges :D PREDATOR MISSILE HARRIER AIRSTRIKE CHOPPA GUNNA BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M OUT FOR MYSELF THE REST OF YOU CAN GO TO HELL YES EVEN IF THIS IS A TEAM GAME OR AN OBJECTIVE BASED GAME SUCK ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Been having fun with MW2 lately. Only 3 more missions to go on SP Veteran, 3 more missions to go in Spec Ops veteran (if only we didn't screw the final shot in Wetwork EVERY TIME).

And I got the "kill 3 guys with their own claymores" award yesterday with the most epic way possible. HQ Pro, 1 shot, 1 claymore, triple kill.

This2x4Skeleton

Neo Member
woohoo.

Just had an awesome game. 22-7
nothing great- but the majority of those kills were by throwing knives.

Nothing more satisfying than a clutch knife throw.

Numpt3

PetriP-TNT said:
(if only we didn't screw the final shot in Wetwork EVERY TIME).

Damn that mission was tough, me and a friend retried it over and over because of that last room but after lots of arguing we finally managed to do it (I read that it's easier to do it on your own?). That and snatch and grab were a pain in the arse.

Sir Garbageman said:

The only gun I've ever had luck with the ACOG was indeed the ACR. Every other gun seems to go completely to shit when you put the ACOG on it.

divisionbyzorro said:
The only gun I've ever had luck with the ACOG was indeed the ACR. Every other gun seems to go completely to shit when you put the ACOG on it.

M16 is very good with the acog. I personally like it with bling pro. ACOG and Silencer. The ACOG sort of makes up for the lost range from the silencer.

mr_boo

RSTEIN said:
I know what you mean. I rocked UAV/Counter UAV/Care Package for a while (admittedly just for the Killstreak Challenges) and I had a lot of fun. I really felt like an asset to my team rather than a killstreak whore.
I started running with Pred-Harrier-Pavelow and I noticed that the UAVs stopped coming. I think almost every single person either starts their chain with Pred or Harrier and are simply gunning for the higher KS. Once I went back to being the UAV donkey, I noticed my individual play and team were succeeding more often than not. In the general gameplay context, I think UAV is by far the definitive best KS.

cnizzle06

Banned
So in one of the matches I played last night, this guy kept running up to me and beating me down with what I assume is a care package marker. What gives?

cnizzle06 said:
So in one of the matches I played last night, this guy kept running up to me and beating me down with what I assume is a care package marker. What gives?

He's just knifing you like normal. The care package marker lets him run faster. The next patch is going to remove the speed boost from the marker.

cnizzle06

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
He's just knifing you like normal. The care package marker lets him run faster. The next patch is going to remove the speed boost from the marker.

Ah, I see. And does the knife attachment for handguns give additional knife speed on top of commando?

cnizzle06 said:
Ah, I see. And does the knife attachment for handguns give additional knife speed on top of commando?
Yeah, the act of knifing is way quicker. Though I do believe that the range from which you can knife is a little bit shorter than if you were to just use Commando with no TacKnife.

aku:jiki

And I'm back to hating the Riot Shield with a passion. It would be so much fun if it actually worked and I didn't keep getting shot through the shield, knifed through the shield and so on. IW really didn't playtest this weapon at all. :(

cnizzle06 said:
Commando does not increase knife speed nor running speed.

Though I do believe that the range from which you can knife is a little bit shorter than if you were to just use Commando with no TacKnife.
If by "a little bit" you mean 95%, then yes.

mr_boo said:
I started running with Pred-Harrier-Pavelow and I noticed that the UAVs stopped coming. I think almost every single person either starts their chain with Pred or Harrier and are simply gunning for the higher KS. Once I went back to being the UAV donkey, I noticed my individual play and team were succeeding more often than not. In the general gameplay context, I think UAV is by far the definitive best KS.

One of the most effective KS setups you can use is UAV->Jammer->Sentry, especially in objective modes. UAV->CP->Predator can also be devastatingly effective. And unless your're farming emblems, starting with anything higher than Predator is usually not advisable.

Aurora

wud said:
For those of you that know youtube well, how long does it take for the HQ option to appear?
Processing takes a few hours usually.

aku:jiki said:
If by "a little bit" you mean 95%, then yes.
You misunderstood. The person was saying that TacKnife slightly reduces knife range vs normal knifing, irrespective of Commando, though I haven't seen that to be true.

Aurora said:
You misunderstood. The person was saying that TacKnife slightly reduces knife range vs normal knifing, irrespective of Commando, though I haven't seen that to be true.
No, what I said still stands in that case. Tactical Knife has almost zero lunge.

Najaf

aku:jiki said:
Woah, even more awesome! This one has more kills in rhythm and it's a Lux Aeterna remix, so auto-win right there. :D

Yes, that song mix was great. I have not heard Requiem in a while, and I was happy that the mix complimented it, not butchered it. Anyone know its origin, or was it custom?

Is any else experiencing a tremendous amount of lag in games lately? It seems like all the games I join have to switch host at one point or another during them, and I'd say that 1/3 fail and I'm returned to the lobby. It's like my knife doesn't even work anymore. I go to knife someone, it shows me doing the motion, and I die from his knife. So mega lame.

cnizzle06 said:
Ugh, I'm confused. So the TacKnife stifles the commando perk?
Doesn't stifle it, no. I'm sure it adds to the range of the tac knife, but not as much as if you weren't using the tac knife. In other words, in using the TacKnife with commando, you are sacrificing a little bit of range for speed. At least that's what I've found in my experience.

NYR

^

Yeah, just to add to this dude (who has an AWESOME avatar!), the tac knife advantage is there is no recoil after the stab meaning quicker stabbing and transition. Commando does not have the same benefit as it does with a regular melee attack, but it does add a bit of "umph" to it, but you won't notice it as much.

Personally, I would use Ninja Pro instead of Commando Pro on a Tac Knife class.

backflip10019 said:
Doesn't stifle it, no. I'm sure it adds to the range of the tac knife, but not as much as if you weren't using the tac knife. In other words, in using the TacKnife with commando, you are sacrificing a little bit of range for speed. At least that's what I've found in my experience.
No, TK definitely cancels out Commando.

You guys who obviously aren't knifers need to stop confusing people with disinformation! :p

Personally, I would use Ninja Pro instead of Commando Pro on a Tac Knife class.
This.

God dammit, this game pisses me off so much sometimes. I hate how quickly a good game can go horribly wrong. It always goes something like this:

Start out 3-0. Start in pursuit of an objective. Get killed by random noob tube from across the map. Respawn. Enemy Predator missile incoming. Killed by predator missile. Respawn. Pursue objective. Killed by random enemy crouching in random corner of a room. Respawn. Turn corner. Walk into someone's sights and get killed. Respawn. Enemy Harriers incoming. Get killed by the Harrier strike.

And from what was a great start to a game, I'm now negative. I know that in objective games this shouldn't matter, but the fact is that it does. If I go negative, I know that I'm not playing up to my potential, due mostly to all of the random bullshit that goes on in this game. This shit happens ALL THE TIME. Argh!

tiddles

Mikey Jr. said:
Me and my friend found a topic about the worst classes. Mine is first and his is second.

Primary: Miniuzi/Thermal/Rapid Fire
Secondary: Stinger
Equip: Tactical Insertion
Secondary: Smoke
Perk 1: Bling
Perk 2: Danger Close
Perk 3: Scrambler
Death Streak: Copy Cat

Primary: Riot
Secondary: Stinger
Equip: Tactical Insertion
Secondary: Smoke
Perk 1: Bling
Perk 2: Danger Close
Perk 3: Sit rep
Death Streak: Copy Cat

Which one do you guys think is worse?

Hmm, definitely the second one, sorry. None of the 2nd's loadout complements the primary weapon, whereas the Mini-Uzi has rapid fire, and Scrambler can work well with an SMG class if you run around and confuse the enemy with it. Arguably it's good to pair a Stinger with an SMG too, since you don't need another close range secondary weapon. You get kudos points for putting a sniper scope on an SMG, though :D

cnizzle06

Banned
backflip10019 said:
God dammit, this game pisses me off so much sometimes. I hate how quickly a good game can go horribly wrong. It always goes something like this:

Start out 3-0. Start in pursuit of an objective. Get killed by random noob tube from across the map. Respawn. Enemy Predator missile incoming. Killed by predator missile. Respawn. Pursue objective. Killed by random enemy crouching in random corner of a room. Respawn. Turn corner. Walk into someone's sights and get killed. Respawn. Enemy Harriers incoming. Get killed by the Harrier strike.

And from what was a great start to a game, I'm now negative. I know that in objective games this shouldn't matter, but the fact is that it does. If I go negative, I know that I'm not playing up to my potential, due mostly to all of the random bullshit that goes on in this game. This shit happens ALL THE TIME. Argh!

I hear ya. I feel the respawn is deliberately set-up for you to confront the guy that just killed you in order for you to get "pay back".

backflip10019 said:

Happens to everyone.

You should buy MAG and a PS3 if you don't already have one.

Just did two ninja defuses in a row, both as the last man standing. One on Rundown at B, and the other on Quarry at B. :lol :lol :lol Too damn hilarious.

wud

Neo Member
backflip10019 said:
Nice montage. I really like the song and editing, especially in the beginning. The gameplay isn't really anything too incredible, but it is consistently good. Good job.

thanks, really appreciated. Wasn't going for anything flashy gameplay wise - plus SDTV on a HDTV means you can't see a thing anyways :lol if its better than all those no-scope montages over the top of linkin park then im happy

Najaf said:
After watching the TNM | MW2 Top 5 Plays weeks 1-5, I was wondering if any of you have capture setups? What do you use?

There have been many times where I wish I had one set up to capture those 'moments' in MW2.

depends on your budget, you can pick a cheap Dazzle USB capture card and a few RCA splitters so you can record and play at the same time, but that means you play with standard def (like me)

check the montage i posted up the page, thats the quality i get out of a similar USB capture device

Well its official, according to all my 360 buddies Im a sellout since I traded in my Mw2 for MAG.

I still have it MW2 for my PS3 and $23 off of MAG was better then nothing.

backflip10019 said:
Is any else experiencing a tremendous amount of lag in games lately? It seems like all the games I join have to switch host at one point or another during them, and I'd say that 1/3 fail and I'm returned to the lobby. It's like my knife doesn't even work anymore. I go to knife someone, it shows me doing the motion, and I die from his knife. So mega lame.

Today I have been lagging like crazy too. 2/3 of the games switch host or I lose connection.

Oh well, I guess it's a good reason to stop playing for the night.

survivor

Banned
Just played the game today after 2 weeks break. I can definitely see why I hate playing in parties, it just takes forever to find a game. Every time I party up, I need to wait 10 minutes before we find a game and guarantee that all people in the party connected.

At least now I can go back to CTF, best game mode ever.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
backflip10019 said:

yeh but sometimes its your fault as well right? how much of those randoms were genuinely random? come on now.

I think we're all facing some kind of road rage with this game, everything is someone else being a douchebag and shit coding.

I also think people are just too attached to kill/death ratios.

Sometimes I will have a nightmare and die say 15 times and be really angry then I look at the player at the top and he'll have more kills but 23 deaths and its like...oh maybe I didnt do that bad after all.

sometimes games are close and scores are close cos hey....maybe its quite evenly matched!

when I rage, I rage because I lose and I hate losing. I dont rage because the game sucks and is broken and IW should suffer etc etc (although some of it clearly needs fixing, it doesnt make me furious). If I keep getting killed in lame ways by the same guy I end up blaming him for being a douche but I always know that its partly my fault for walking into his lame trap or failing to stop him or simply not doing well enough in that particular life to beat him. I make it my mission to hunt him down. If I see care package cheats I try to hunt them down and so on.

Even when I storm out the window of highrise and someone kills me and 2 others as I break the window, thats annoying as hell but it sure isnt random. Someone has premeditated that plan and he got lucky, next time I dont exit like that.

Griffith

Banned
theplayer said:
what set-up do i need to do a knife class
SMG as primary with a handgun/machine pistol as secondary. Perks are marathon, lightweight and comando. Stun grenades are helpful too. There's a knife setup as one of the default classes.

RoH

ultim8p00 said:
Why do some people use the SPAS over the M101? Is it more accurate or something?

Power and distance, and its just cool to shoot some one with a old school pump action.

Raadius

Banned
Pkm said:
Well its official, according to all my 360 buddies Im a sellout since I traded in my Mw2 for MAG.

I still have it MW2 for my PS3 and $23 off of MAG was better then nothing.
Well, as long as you still have it, but MAG is rubbish.

Top Bottom