• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

eek5

Mikey Jr. said:
Saw a guy using the Barret in full automatic.

Was quite moronic as the kickback prevented him from hitting anything.
I like firing off the barret for fun because it sounds sweet :lol

Nizz

wud said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI69BmTtMNo

just made another montage, not too shabby for my 2nd time using adobe premiere :lol For those of you that know youtube well, how long does it take for the HQ option to appear?
Nice job with the video, man. Like how you ended it with the bomb diffusion. Music was a nice touch too. Damn, I miss this game. Hope that replacement PS3 gets here this week.

Hopefully I won't be too rusty. I'm no superstar. Lowly 1.13 K/D compared to others here, but after going almost two weeks without playing, those first couple of matches back will probably be rough...

I think UAV is by far the definitive best KS.

I agree, in terms of the amount of kills it gets your team...

I am hating my riot class at the moment, the riot shield is useless in this game because of lag. When I am not lagged to bits it is fine, but I am constantly getting knifed by people who use the delay to stab around the shield.

I don't know how this could be fixed (other than ded. serv.) but I wish it could be!

amar212

OttomanScribe said:
I don't know how this could be fixed (other than ded. serv.) but I wish it could be!

Get yourself the best upload you can have for your money.

Upload speed is the Holy Grail of MW2.

Scarecrow

I don't know what the deal is, but I just can't get someone in the head w/ a sniper rifle anymore. I've had dudes just sit there, my crosshair right on the center, and nothing.

OttomanScribe said:
I agree, in terms of the amount of kills it gets your team...

I am hating my riot class at the moment, the riot shield is useless in this game because of lag. When I am not lagged to bits it is fine, but I am constantly getting knifed by people who use the delay to stab around the shield.

I decided to play the riot class yesterday on Skidrow. It was hilarious to use it together with blast shield and sit in a doorway and block it. :D
I even got the "Owned"-title, because I slapped someone to death with my shield in the final killcam. :D

aku:jiki

OttomanScribe said:

I've been playing the shield lately and have a few ideas:

- Shielders should be unknifeable. There's just too many instances of a shielder being lag-knifed and the shielder never has the option of taking the opponent out before getting in knife range to account for that while the opponent has two rifles and equipment to use against the shielder, so I think it's fair.
- The shield NEEDS to be slightly bigger. The shield is just too small for how the characters animate and behave.
- Wouldn't hurt to give a shielder slightly more HP. Not a lot, but just to cover the fact that bullets spray and hit you when you couldn't know they would.
- Option to always drop the shield if you get stuck with Semtex, not just if there's weapons around.
- Increase the hit range. It's already slightly larger than you think, but it's not as large as the knife lunge (even without Commando) which means that a knifer has the advantage and doesn't need to fully flank the shielder to knife him.

One thing I absolutely love about the shield is that you can use it to trick air support. If they call in a Harrier while I'm rocking the shield, I just park my ass under it and let it unload on me. It can't kill me and it can't kill my team. Much more awesome than just shooting it down because you're mindfucking the owner - he keeps hearing shots fired but gets no kills. :lol

wud

Neo Member
aku:jiki said:

- Shielders should be unknifeable. There's just too many instances of a shielder being lag-knifed and the shielder never has the option of taking the opponent out before getting in knife range to account for that while the opponent has two rifles and equipment to use against the shielder, so I think it's fair.
- The shield NEEDS to be slightly bigger. The shield is just too small for how the characters animate and behave.
- Wouldn't hurt to give a shielder slightly more HP. Not a lot, but just to cover the fact that bullets spray and hit you when you couldn't know they would.
- Option to always drop the shield if you get stuck with Semtex, not just if there's weapons around.
- Increase the hit range. It's already slightly larger than you think, but it's not as large as the knife lunge (even without Commando) which means that a knifer has the advantage and doesn't need to fully flank the shielder to knife him.

One thing I absolutely love about the shield is that you can use it to trick air support. If they call in a Harrier while I'm rocking the shield, I just park my ass under it and let it unload on me. It can't kill me and it can't kill my team. Much more awesome than just shooting it down because you're mindfucking the owner - he keeps hearing shots fired but gets no kills. :lol

to sum this post up - lets make call of duty even more unbalanced

F#A#Oo

Banned
Still no patch...WTF...

Unless their fixing the care-package glitch in which case fair enough as it only came up last week iirc...

Jangocube

Banned

Do you know how overpowered that would make it? I mean really, think of what you are asking for.

How would you compete against a riot shield when your semtex's are gone?

I totally agree that the shield should be slightly larger, and I love the idea of being able to drop the shield if it gets stuck. But giving the shielder more health gets a little tricky and would likely lead to some serious abuse by shotgun users. And as far as increasing melee range, the shield already has more range than the standard knife, and with commando, both shield and knife have the same range.

I think the shield is awesome, and I love messing around with it, but its just not worth using. I think it needs to give more experience for assists, and it needs to be easier to get credit for kills with it.

BTW: wouldn't it be awesome if the shield melee didn't kill, but just knocked you over into a final-stand-like state? So instead of trying to give the other guy a couple of love taps, you knock him on his ass and then you can finish him off later, either with secondaries or equipment. That would make the shield actually a threat, rather than an annoyance.

Fugu said:
http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/
Same strength, SPAS has longer range and the slowest firing rate of any gun in the game.
Hmm, I remember a debate about this earlier in the thread and I found this interesting. On that website, the guy listed Ninja Pro to multiply footstep noise by a factor of less than 0.25x. So essentially, you still have a footstep noise, but it's still quiet (contrary to belief)? That would mean that SitRep Pro would in fact increase footstep noise, so in theory someone could hear you approaching even if they were using Ninja Pro. Assuming all of this is accurate, of course.

aku:jiki

wud said:
to sum this post up - lets make call of duty even more unbalanced
Uh, did you ever use the shield? It's completely inferior to every other class in every way - my suggestions would make it more balanced and less of a death trap. As it stands, using the shield WILL get you a negative K/D, 100% guaranteed and no matter how well you use it. How is that balanced?

divisionbyzorro said:
But giving the shielder more health gets a little tricky and would likely lead to some serious abuse by shotgun users.
The HP bonus is only active when you're actually shielding, of course. I suggested it because when a normal player turns a corner, he can do so with his sights up ready to take on anybody from any angle. When a shield guy turns that corner? Yeah, not so much. He can hold the shield up but if the enemy is in an unexpected place, the shielder is dead faster than a guy who can shoot back is. Shooting back moves their sights and makes it harder for them to kill you and stuff like that, whlie standing there on the corner holding your shield does fuck all to him.

Do you know how overpowered that would make it? I mean really, think of what you are asking for.

How would you compete against a riot shield when your semtex's are gone?
But it's supposed to be overpowered in CQC, because it has zero range abilities. No other class has literally ZERO range. If you let the shield get that close to you, you fucked up.

IW agrees, just look at all the titles and emblems associated with it. It's all about juggernauts and pictures of locomotive-looking space marines and shit. Their idea was obviously to create a CQC beast, they just fucked it up by not beta testing it.

Nelo Ice

Banned
i just played 4 straight tdm games that ended on timer(estate,terminal, invasion, and rundown)

i went like 24-3 on estate 36-6 on terminal and 32-11 on rundown :lol :lol
i cant remember my invasion score but it was at least 30 kills :lol

anyway it was the most pathetic teams ive ever played since all they did was camp and at one point in terminal i killed like 4 guys on the other team cuz they were all staring at the burger resturant without moving an inch by the spot right after u get up from the escalators by T spawn and the best part was they didnt even realize i was there since i was using a silenced tar :lol

Cohsae

Nelo Ice said:
anyway it was the most pathetic teams ive ever played since all they did was camp and at one point in terminal i killed like 4 guys on the other team cuz they were all staring at the burger resturant without moving an inch by the spot right after u get up from the escalators by T spawn and the best part was they didnt even realize i was there since i was using a silenced tar :lol
You might have just been playing "No Russian"

whitehawk

Banned
Ducks said:
Sick :)

2s8ixvm.png

Uh, did you ever use the shield? It's completely inferior to every other class in every way - my suggestions would make it more balanced and less of a death trap. As it stands, using the shield WILL get you a negative K/D, 100% guaranteed and no matter how well you use it. How is that balanced?

Er.. no it wont.
Me and my friends who have used it all stay above Negative K/D this was awhile back but im sure my brother has placed top of both teams using just it and ive had something like 20+ kills.
Its buried somewhere in this thread, also if you have the throwing knife when they turn to run from you just chuck it at them for another easy kill.

I should probably add that we won loads of matchs like it aswell as people just don't know how to react to getting charged with a shield

Scarecrow said:
I don't know what the deal is, but I just can't get someone in the head w/ a sniper rifle anymore. I've had dudes just sit there, my crosshair right on the center, and nothing.

I have the same issue lately.

But then, I switched to runner while at 300 kills for the barrett and have not looked back since. I fucking love the ninja runner (not the commando runner with lag though). But getting that 250 miles will take so looong. (at 87 now)

Had a care package runner in TDM the other day. As always, the guy was ripping shit up, so after deciding to take him out, I switched to runner class, got myself a care package and chased after the guy with it. Finally knifed him on the bridge in Underpass, game winning kill. Feels good man.
It must have looked like I was cheating the entire time too though (got myself not one but two last stand C4 kills, after trying so hard to get it anywhere else), but it was awesome to get some payback on that guy.

I still hate FAL users though. Or actually the turbo controller that comes with it, combined with sleigh of hand... abandon all hope, ye who enter.

God this game really frustrates me

I went from totally destroying the enemy many games in a row, getting stealth diffuses like every game I even went 91 - 20 in one game :lol

But then like a switch suddently everything went wrong, anything stupid that could happen - happened, my team did the care package glitch and so they all huddled around in one corner and got killed over and over again - my enemy had witchers, shotgunners and noob tubers, my shots didnt register and I couldnt get a killstreak going, I literally wanted to snap my disk in half!

ultim8p00 said:
Wait wtf SPAS is more powerful than M101? Chart you lied to me.

I think it is. The M10(1?)4 can hit someone and not kill him, with the SPAS it's a garanteed one-hit kill. Just note that the time between shots is longer with the SPAS than with the M1.

To be honest, the SPAS wasn't like this when I started this game and I ditched it for the AA-12. Lately, I've seen just how much more effective the SPAS can be used to hold objectives and so on.

Zeitgeister said:
I still hate FAL users though. Or actually the turbo controller that comes with it, combined with sleigh of hand... abandon all hope, ye who enter.

Hey now. I use the FAL legit. And it rocks. You don't need to cheat to use the FAL. So don't hate on all FAL users.

moojito

Do headshots hit for more damage? I'm using my silenced FAL with ninja pro and cold blooded, so often find myself getting the drop on people. I wonder if it's worth me taking the extra time to line up a headshot if I can get a 1-hit kill instead of aiming and the body and spamming the right trigger like normal.

divisionbyzorro said:
Hey now. I use the FAL legit. And it rocks. You don't need to cheat to use the FAL. So don't hate on all FAL users.
The FAL is the real deal. Whereas I hated the G3 and the M-14, this FAL is a bad mamma-jamma.

Pkm said:
Well its official, according to all my 360 buddies Im a sellout since I traded in my Mw2 for MAG.

I still have it MW2 for my PS3 and $23 off of MAG was better then nothing.
I guess if you still have one copy of it, you're not so much of a sellout.

Enjoy MAG, sellout. :lol

switch-it

Banned
Mikasangelos said:
Care Package Glitch needs to go, got into a game last night where 4 people were doing it, we still lost.

What irritates me the most is how ugly they look when they try to knife you. Urgh. To me it's worse than Nuke Boosters. They, at least, have a sweet revenge coming for them.

Also, my K/D ratio have gone up from 1.09 - 1.22 lately, but I tend to play a lot more defensive than i used to. I wouldn't say I’m camping, instead I control a small piece of the map, but do you consider it camping? Also, what do you think of a 1.22 K/D ratio? I mostly play FFA.

Mikasangelos said:
Care Package Glitch needs to go, got into a game last night where 4 people were doing it, we still lost.

That's like saying to the enemy team: "camp your ass off, we'll come to you and let you kill us". Of course you lost.

A runner only works when the rest of the team has a position locked down and are not dying (as in: spawing around YOU) and you can flank the other team. Those same rules still apply to the CP runner, he's just a whole lot faster to get there and has more chances of getting the close kills. (I suppose it's a legit tool to get those 125 close kills with scrambler).

On one game though, I had a guy who called in an EAD, then called in another a minute later and yet another two minutes after that. Hmm.

And here I am rocking airstrike, harrier and EAD legit (completing the challenges, allthough the equipment ones are such BULLSHIT. How the hell am I supposed to get 25 multikills with a claymore, 25 mutikills with fraggrenades and 25 mutikills with C4? And the C4 is actually the easy one)

I just love casually throwing a C4 onto the bridge of Underpass (losing A! 'No, we are not') from underneath or throwing it into various camping spots on favela or throwing it down -or up!- through the hole in Skidrow. People never see it coming and I rarely see other people using it, even on Domination, where you can throw it at the flag and leave it to be captured (losing A! *click* double-kill!). Works so much better than grenades or semtex (allthough grenades can be cooked and semtex has a larger range due to the timer on it).

Host-migration is fucked up though. The game will ditch the entire match 6 out of 10 times, meaning you lose all those miles spent running, killstreaks and so on. Even worse if you got something special during the match, like a C4 last stand kill.

Miggytronz

Zeitgeister said:
Host-migration is fucked up though. The game will ditch the entire match 6 out of 10 times, meaning you lose all those miles spent running, killstreaks and so on. Even worse if you got something special during the match, like a C4 last stand kill.

that shit really pisses me off.

Why does this game make me rage so much? lolololol

Pete Rock

moojito said:
Do headshots hit for more damage? I'm using my silenced FAL with ninja pro and cold blooded, so often find myself getting the drop on people. I wonder if it's worth me taking the extra time to line up a headshot if I can get a 1-hit kill instead of aiming and the body and spamming the right trigger like normal.
Yes, I used this build for my entire first prestige and it was rare to put more than a 3 shot grouping down range into their chest. If you aim for their throat/neck instead of the top of their skull you'll generally hit in that area anyways, instead of wasting your first shot and potentially alerting them to your presence. This way you can also generally always hit your 11 kill streak while behind enemy lines, because you easily get 5 kills per magazine if you don't waste your FAL rounds.

switch-it said:
What irritates me the most is how ugly they look when they try to knife you. Urgh. To me it's worse than Nuke Boosters. They, at least, have a sweet revenge coming for them.

Also, my K/D ratio have gone up from 1.09 - 1.22 lately, but I tend to play a lot more defensive than i used to. I wouldn't say I’m camping, instead I control a small piece of the map, but do you consider it camping? Also, what do you think of a 1.22 K/D ratio? I mostly play FFA.

Camping on FFA? Say hello to semtex sticks, throwing knifes and C4.

I got the challenge the other day and saw people return to same spots over and over again. Needless to say, that makes for easy kills as you make your rounds across the map.

One guy even return to the same spot (the top of the stairs behind the cave) on afghan and killed him over and over again.

Just watch your corners more, use cover -even pockets of grass will do- where there is any (do avoid the open field as much as you can though) but do not stay in one location. Not on FFA anyway.

I did find it harder to get >1 k/d ratios on FFA though. I think I play somewhere on the 1.3 ratio (variying between sub-1 and 3+), but my 'official' ratio is 1.02.

tiddles

Zeitgeister said:
I think it is. The M10(1?)4 can hit someone and not kill him, with the SPAS it's a garanteed one-hit kill. Just note that the time between shots is longer with the SPAS than with the M1.

To be honest, the SPAS wasn't like this when I started this game and I ditched it for the AA-12. Lately, I've seen just how much more effective the SPAS can be used to hold objectives and so on.

They both fire pellets in a spread - if you are off-target and only a few pellets hit, then you won't get a kill, but if you are on target then both will be one hit kills up to a certain range. The SPAS has a slightly longer kill range than the M1014.

jiien

moojito said:

Yes, a headshot is like a "critical". Does a crapload more damage. For any gun (including launched grenades).

Cornbread78

So..... how many people traded in this game for MAG? 5 of my friends said they were done with all the online glitches and they already whored the trophies, so they traded it in to get the credit towards MAG. Will this continue to be a prob.?

Decided to try a few FFA this morning because I figure it'll be the easiest way to get Last Stand Pro. Just run up to people and let them down me, sounded good in theory. Problem was was I kept running into people who were running the "Super Soldier" and Danger Close kits. :'(

Never again will I try that!

Cornbread78 said:
So..... how many people traded in this game for MAG? 5 of my friends said they were done with all the online glitches and they already whored the trophies, so they traded it in to get the credit towards MAG. Will this continue to be a prob.?

As broken as this game is, I believe it's still a better experience than MAG. Bad Company 2 however... that's a different story.

Top Bottom