• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Riot shield is definitely my favorite class despite being heavily flawed. Normally I can break even in K/D ratio (PS3) but SO MUCH bullshit happens to riot shielders.

Knives. Fucking bullshit. The thing a riot shield should be most effective against is its main weakness. The front 180-160 degrees should be auto-impenetrable by knives. And if you reach through the riot shield with a knife it shouldn't count.

Theres not nearly enough coverage even when crouched. I love watching the kill cam when im walking sideways crouched. The dude just sticks his ass right out there like it wont get shot. Feet aren't even protected. I'll have my feet completely blocked in the killcam but somehow the other guy can shoot underneath the shield and bounce the bullets up or something and kill my toes.

My setup is:

Shield
Magnum with tactical knife
Stun Grenades
Blast Shield
Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Commando Pro

Blast sheid is essential in fighting noob tubers. And even then they can kill you because they have 2 shots! (great balancing!) I can understand the thumper having 2 shots but the noobtube? If you want to switch to noobtube its faster than switching guns and has a quick reload. Just stupid. And if you have scavenger you can just noobtube continuously.

If I'm in a tight situation I'll throw a stun grenade and pound the guy but you only get 2. The stength of the riot shield is as a distraction. Works great if you're playing with people you know. You just walk out and the enemy starts shooting in the hopes of a bs kill (which happens more often than it should) and then your buddy comes out and cleans up.

Sh0k

6 to 7 FFA games tonight, full of people boosting and abusing the care package glitch. Hope the patch comes soon enough, this crap is making me quitting the game for a while. I love the game, I finally prestiged and I'm currently at level 32, but with all these glitches, it takes away all the fun from the game.

Cobra84 said:
I'll take anything over MW2's low resolution "is that a rock or a person?" image quality. I died so many times because anything over 20 feet is an indistinguishable pixelated mess.

Eh, I don't have any issues at all with this. Wear your glasses. If you don't have glasses then go see a doctor.

Edit: Oh, get a HDTV if you don't have one either.

Gio_CoD

Banned
Cobra84 said:
The gun in the video (XM8) is plastic.

I'll take anything over MW2's low resolution "is that a rock or a person?" image quality. I died so many times because anything over 20 feet is an indistinguishable pixelated mess.
You need either glasses or a new TV. Possibly both.

Booshka

They really should have had a beta for this game, the glitches are everywhere and they are game breaking. There are also a lot of balance issues and exploits to be discovered and abused.

Cobra84

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
Eh, I don't have any issues at all with this. Wear your glasses. If you don't have glasses then go see a doctor.

Edit: Oh, get a HDTV if you don't have one either.
Don't need glasses and I have an HDTV, not that it does much good when the game is 1024x600. MW2's weird mix of blurriness and pixelation make it hard to tell objects apart.

I can spot a enemy in ARMA 2 at 300 meters better than a MW2 one at 50+ feet.

gibonez

Banned
I see the mw2 VS BC2 discussion has begun. I'm quite surprised at how many people are standing up for Mw2 especially after it has quite easily claimed the spot as buggiest game of all time. How a game company can release such a broken, sad excuse for a game and have people support it I don't know. With each coming day another glitch is revealed and Infinity Ward's wallet gets bigger.

geeko

Yes the game is buggy but for the average gamer we just don't look so deep into it. Everyday I play MW2 online, and you know I'm starting to like it more and more each time I play. If your going to have any fun with this game first thing your gonna have to do is stop caring that its not a perfect product. I don't go about whining that the sub-machine guns are crazy accurate at long range, and snipers are useless. I don't mind that weapons are not perfectly balanced that certain things can be exploited (care packages), though it can lead to frustrating matches at time. I usually just quit those and within a minute I'm in a new game where people are playing somewhat more fairly.

I consider this game to be more on the arcadey side of the FPS spectrum. This game is not trying to be Counter Strike. Try to think of it less as a perfectly balanced, hardcore war FPS and more of a balls to the walls, Michael Bay, dudebro FPS and you'll have a much better time. Then again some people will never be satisfied by the things they buy. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Stillmatic

Sh0k said:
6 to 7 FFA games tonight, full of people boosting and abusing the care package glitch. Hope the patch comes soon enough, this crap is making me quitting the game for a while. I love the game, I finally prestiged and I'm currently at level 32, but with all these glitches, it takes away all the fun from the game.
Join the booster justice league! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NITwwUHwy4

Seriously, it's a lot of fun hunting them down. :lol

Uhhh... it's not really that buggy in my opinion.

Javelin, care package - that's about all I've experienced on PC and even then i've played maybe 2 or 3 games that are bad.

The lag and matchmaking has been getting bad lately though.

jedimike

Sh0k said:

The care package glitch is getting very annoying, but the boosters are starting to grow on me. I'm actually starting to enjoy hunting them down. They always end up rage quitting in my FFA games because I'll get as many people as I can to hunt them down with me.

Besides, everyone knows their hiding spots by now so finding them is not difficult. I did have some boosters hanging over the side of the cliff on Afghan though... they had riot shields on to protect them from enemy fire, but a well placed semtex was good enough to stop their streak. Of course they promptly quit.

Also, i always leave negative feedback for boosters. I was playing with a guy one night and we were working together to take out some boosters and he said he was actually called by Microsoft and notified that he would be suspended if he continued boosting.

Sh0k

jedimike said:
The care package glitch is getting very annoying, but the boosters are starting to grow on me. I'm actually starting to enjoy hunting them down. They always end up rage quitting in my FFA games because I'll get as many people as I can to hunt them down with me.

Besides, everyone knows their hiding spots by now so finding them is not difficult. I did have some boosters hanging over the side of the cliff on Afghan though... they had riot shields on to protect them from enemy fire, but a well placed semtex was good enough to stop their streak. Of course they promptly quit.

Also, i always leave negative feedback for boosters. I was playing with a guy one night and we were working together to take out some boosters and he said he was actually called by Microsoft and notified that he would be suspended if he continued boosting.
I also most of the time go after the boosters, but this time they were a group of 4, two boosting and the other two for cover, making it hard to kill them. Of course, at the end booster justice prevailed :D

aku:jiki

CorporalDork said:
Love this shit!

And they are so obviously TERRIBLE players as well... wholly crap at what he can get away with.
Yeah, holy shit when he scores like 15 kills off ONLY the boosters in the middle there. They probably helped him win the match! :lol

The idea to follow them around is brilliant too! Gotta start doing that. :D

BTW, if anyone else has had more than enough of the literally constant Harriers that are in every match now thanks to the CP glitch, you can always just switch to S&D. That mode is always fine, and it was very refreshing to switch to it. :D

RavenFox said:
I guess he should also stay away from Stalker. Lots of wobbling

The gun moves around in MW2 as well, but in that video is wiggles like a worm or a snake swimming through water... I don't know why but it's frustrating to me!

I'm most likely going to buy the game, but I'm sure that that is going to annoy me to no end.

Though - often I don't usually notice the gun and rather whatever is behind the sights of my gun :D

Aurora

On what grounds would Microsoft suspend you for boosting? You're not using any cheats or glitches whatsoever. It doesn't go against the ToS so they couldn't do shit. You have as much chance of being suspended for camping as you do boosting. Just a scare story to get boosters to stop, which they won't unless IW remove Tactical Insertion from FFA.

Nelo Ice

Banned
i just ran into a weird glitch i think

was playin regular tdm with a friend and the whole game my team had 7 ppl and the other team had 5 :lol

moojito

I'd like to post my controversial report that I played yet another few games of mw2 last night and failed entirely to see any glitchers, boosters, hackers or lamers. My game was not broken! I lost a game on underpass and won a game on scrapyard, but enjoyed both.

moojito said:
I'd like to post my controversial report that I played yet another few games of mw2 last night and failed entirely to see any glitchers, boosters, hackers or lamers. My game was not broken! I lost a game on underpass and won a game on scrapyard, but enjoyed both.

You probably need to play more than just 2 rounds, both of which had most of the same people as the first round?

I logged on the other day, glitchers everywhere, stopped. Been playing Borderlands since and will do until the patch clears it up.

I love this game, but the care package glitch is absolutely ridiculous. You can't join an objective game without hearing "enemy care package incoming!" every 5 seconds. The worst part is that there's nothing you can do about it. At least with boosters you can usually find them and put an end to their streaks, but with this, even if you find and kill them they still retain their care package. It's completely game breaking

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Is there a general consensus on what the best TAR set up is? I was using the original ARs up until today and not finding much success. I can see the potential with the TAR, although I'm still adjusting to its erratic style.

lunlunqq said:
finally got my 10th nuke!!!! all for just a stupid emblem... i can start to enjoy those low level kill streaks again! :D :D :D

Nice one, thats exactly how I felt, after a while they just get boring :lol

A better killstreak reward would be a biological attack or something which makes your enemy partially blind/ deaf and so on, it would be more fun totally ripping on my enemy after 25 kills than giving them a mercy killing!

DRE Fei

GuiltybyAssociation said:
Is there a general consensus on what the best TAR set up is? I was using the original ARs up until today and not finding much success. I can see the potential with the TAR, although I'm still adjusting to its erratic style.
Silencer really helps with the recoil and since it's not a long range gun, the reduced range of the silencer doesn't bother me. That's the best setup I've found so far since the iron sights aren't bad. Also, because of the high damage I think it works pretty good with cold blooded stealth class. If I absolutely have to go loud with it, I use the holographic sight instead of the horrible red dot attachment they made for this gun.

wud

Neo Member
just joined a game of demolition to see a pavelow, 2 harriers, stealth bomber and an emergency airdrop incoming. Then an Ac130 and more harriers, then another emergency airdrop

needless to say im busy abusive messaging a few people right now...

Just played 3 straight games of domination and this time, my teammates were doing the infinite care package glitch.

Apparently it's better to use OMA pro with the glitch, as one teammate keeps on throwing care packages while the other collects them.

This stuff is getting out of hand.

To add insult to injury, there is now an invisiblity glitch as well.

moojito said:

As someone said before play more games, preferably objective-based games. Now when I play domination, both teams have at least one person doing it.

huacst21 said:
As someone said before play more games, preferably objective-based games. Now when I play domination, both teams have at least one person doing it.

The matchmaking may very well have something to do with it. I would bet that tossing shitloads of E-Drops would have an effect on your TruSkill ranking, so it's possible that some people are more likely to find these cheaters in matchmaking than others.

Super Funky Fox

Neo Member
If IW reads this forum they will think they can do no good at all

I play the PS3 version and apart from the first 2 weeks which to be honest were a bit of a mess I've yet to experience any glitches, low resolution picture, clipping, unfair advantages (duel stupid shotguns aside, get rid of them please IW).

To the guy who had complaints about the graphics I say this "Seriously?" I mean honestly they are perfect in my opinon, sharp as a razor and runs along without any lag

Play Gears of War for an hour and come back to Modern Warefare 2 then you'll wonder what all that fuss was about!

As for boosters they have made those icons and titles completely useless, infact they made the Ranks Useless.

I don't care a bit if they other team has 5 or 6 players with the Skull symbol Prestiage level 10 rank 70, in fact I think "excellent their probably boosters and probably aweful at the game so I mop up and watch them quit as I pick each one of them off

IW - Hate the duel shotguns, but I love your game!

moojito

huacst21 said:

Domination is all I play. Ever since I started playing this game there has been a steady stream of air support coming in on both sides, and I haven't noticed any change in how frequently it happens. Compared to some folk that come in saying that every single game they play of late has multiple players exploiting this, I find it a bit hard to believe.

I'm not saying I don't think the glitch exists, but I do believe there's a lot of wolf being cried.

On a positive note, maybe the people bored enough with the game to use the exploit rather than play it properly will be checking out the bf bc2 demo and leave the people that love mw2 to enjoy it in peace.

aku:jiki

Wow, if you thought FFA was bad for boosting, don't try to play cage match! Every single player I've run into while trying to play it will come into my lobby and say "wanna do headshots?" or something, I ignore it and he leaves. If I get into a game, the guy comes up to me and doesn't shoot and tries to signal that we should boost and then he quits when I just kill him. WTF. :lol

moojito said:
Domination is all I play. Ever since I started playing this game there has been a steady stream of air support coming in on both sides, and I haven't noticed any change in how frequently it happens.
Then you just aren't paying enough attention, sorry. It's an epidemic.

I used to play exclusively Domination too until I just had it last night. It's an unplayable mode now, the CP glitching is in EVERY match.

LosDaddie

Banned
gibonez
Banned
(Yesterday, 10:32 PM)
Reply | Quote

Thank you, mods.

Now hopefully the daily complainers make good on their promise to switch to BC2 (and MAG). :D

moojito said:

I played about 10 games last night and had a great time too. No glitches. No noticeable lag.

EDIT: Oh and I played Ground War

Griffith

Banned
I considered myself lucky that up until today I had not encountered the care package glitch, but every single game I played today was a constant stream of care packages. God damn this shit is annoying.

LosDaddie

Banned
Cobra84 said:

You need a new HDTV.

MW2 looks fantastic on my 61" 1080p LCD. Easily one of the best-looking games this gen.

Top Bottom