• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

I've been playing it at max settings on my pc and I'm bothered by how bad some textures look.

Anyway it's a pretty solid game, very fun. But not "GOTY" fun, IMO.

aku:jiki

Holy shit, there's an actual IW staffer posting on the IW boards! What happen? He's reporting that they are working on fixing the CP glitch ASAP, but we all know ASAP is in like a month thanks to all the delays involved. :(

Just had a beautiful cage match btw :D

22652_1341132930025_1282239271_997839_7177475_n.jpg

The one death was me spraying and falling at the same time like an idiot, not being used to third person. :lol I missed two of my 3 predators too, damn!

moojito said:
Domination is all I play. Ever since I started playing this game there has been a steady stream of air support coming in on both sides, and I haven't noticed any change in how frequently it happens. Compared to some folk that come in saying that every single game they play of late has multiple players exploiting this, I find it a bit hard to believe.

I'm not saying I don't think the glitch exists, but I do believe there's a lot of wolf being cried.

On a positive note, maybe the people bored enough with the game to use the exploit rather than play it properly will be checking out the bf bc2 demo and leave the people that love mw2 to enjoy it in peace.

There's not a lot of wolf being cried, you're just extremly lucky. I've seen it with my own eyes my teammates doing the glitch. One would throw the CP, while the other collects them.

You can find it hard to believe all you want. You're just a lucky mofo or you're not paying attention at all.

Eventually you'll get matched up with someone doing the glitch.

The best part about college I think is buying all your books and getting a new flat screen for your room and realizing you left just enough money to not buy MW2. amazing.

JustHadToJoin said:
The best part about college I think is buying all your books and getting a new flat screen for your room and realizing you left just enough money to not buy MW2. amazing.

You won't need all of those books anyway; you can borrow from someone else. Go return one of 'em and you're set :lol

MidnightRider said:
Nice cage match score.

I went 18-1 the other day on Sub Base :D
In cage? Awesome work. Mine was on Sub Base too! :D

It was my first cage match and I loved it. Too bad it was so hard to get a game going. :/

Meier

Last few days I've been playing, I swear NO ONE has shot down air support. It's blowing my mind.. I'm up to 2p20 but no Stinger for another 10 levels and it's just infuriating!

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
yay 2nd nuke :D I just snuck up behind the entire team and went on a stabbing spree :lol

About 5 down in the space of 6 seconds. So so so so satisfying.

Kujo

Just did a Ninja Defuse in S&D, so awesome.

Got a 34 killstreak in another game but had EMP on instead of a nuke, smh.

Meier said:
Last few days I've been playing, I swear NO ONE has shot down air support. It's blowing my mind.. I'm up to 2p20 but no Stinger for another 10 levels and it's just infuriating!
I'd say everyone's feeling like, what's the point? They're gonna CP glitch themselves another 15 Harriers so fuck it.

Just lost a nuke because my 15th kill was 1 bar and lag-knifed me. Got 12 in the CG I launched immediately afterwards. Pretty sure that's the height of disappointment in this game. :(

DoubleAced

Neo Member
So I put the disc in my Xbox last night, and something strange happened. The system loaded MW2 as a DVD, not a game. Opened and closed the disc tray, and it read it correctly the second time. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone know why?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
DoubleAced said:
So I put the disc in my Xbox last night, and something strange happened. The system loaded MW2 as a DVD, not a game. Opened and closed the disc tray, and it read it correctly the second time. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone know why?
Happened to my friend all the time.

His 360 red-ringed within 6 months of it starting to happen. No clue if they're related to each other...but I think it's safe to say YOU'RE FUCKED, SON!

SOONER OR LATER!!!

DoubleAced said:

Red Ring in your future.

Your disc drive is starting to fail as well.....

one of the two will happen soon.

DoubleAced

Neo Member
RubxQub said:
Happened to my friend all the time.

His 360 red-ringed within 6 months of it starting to happen. No clue if they're related to each other...but I think it's safe to say YOU'RE FUCKED, SON!

SOONER OR LATER!!!
I just got a refurbished Xbox back from Microsoft after they sent me a faulty one when I sent in my first red ringed console. Fucking ridiculous.

aku:jiki said:
In cage? Awesome work. Mine was on Sub Base too! :D

It was my first cage match and I loved it. Too bad it was so hard to get a game going. :/

yup on cage match.

Yeah it is really hard to find a match on there......

it's mostly full of people wanting to 130057

MidnightRider said:
Yeah it is really hard to find a match on there......

it's mostly full of people wanting to 130057
It's like impossible! Takes 20 minutes and then the guy rage quits after half. :(

Got to play one other real match and kicked the guy's ass because he was being an idiot, running around with Rangers and making noise and not having enough range to kill me and he would go back to the place where I killed him EVERY TIME so I could just wait for him. He started sending me lots of messages about my "fucking camping noob shit." The funny thing was that I got first blood because he was sitting on top of a crate in a warehouse, camping hard and tossing flashes to lure me in. :lol

aku:jiki said:
It's like impossible! Takes 20 minutes and then the guy rage quits after half. :(

Got to play one other real match and kicked the guy's ass because he was being an idiot, running around with Rangers and making noise and not having enough range to kill me and he would go back to the place where I killed him EVERY TIME so I could just wait for him. He started sending me lots of messages about my "fucking camping noob shit." The funny thing was that I got first blood because he was sitting on top of a crate in a warehouse, camping hard and tossing flashes to lure me in. :lol

Cage match is the dumbest shit ever. I feel like IW put it in hoping that the boosters would gravitate there and the legitimate players would go elsewhere, thus keeping the boosters away from the honest folk.

divisionbyzorro said:
Cage match is the dumbest shit ever. I feel like IW put it in hoping that the boosters would gravitate there and the legitimate players would go elsewhere, thus keeping the boosters away from the honest folk.
What? It's awesome, only more awesome mode is S&D.

Edit: Wow, Cage can really make you lose faith in the player base! I just had a match against a loser who did all the cheapest shit he could - he camped with a HBS, blinged 1887's and Last Stand. He tried to trap me with a care package. Every time I standed him but his invincibility killed me, he'd kill himself with a stun to steal the kill from me. What the fuck, who does shit like this in a 1-on-1?

Edit 2: What is it people are doing in the CM matchmaking? I don't get it, why are so many people entering and exiting lobbies and why do a bunch of people let a match start and then immediately quit? Are they really too stupid to know about join session in progress when they're trying to boost?

eternaLightness said:
Finally unlocked the Deagle. Was my fav. pistols in Cod 4 especially in S&D. Also, I think I'm starting to dig Barret 50 cal with Acog on it.

The Deagle is pretty much the shittiest gun in this game. Just warning you.

DRE Fei

Nobody is "crying wolf" about that care package nonsense. Shit is getting completely out of hand in ground war. This is as bad as the javelin glitch. Still, I can't stop playing this game even as broken as it is. This thread is like the groundhog day movie with Bill Murray because the same sequence of events always happens: One day a patch is issued, then a new glitch pops up shortly thereafter followed by the bitching this game deserves. It never ends!

DRE Fei said:
Nobody is "crying wolf" about that care package nonsense. Shit is getting completely out of hand in ground war. This is as bad as the javelin glitch. Still, I can't stop playing this game even as broken as it is. This thread is like the groundhog day movie with Bill Murray because the same sequence of events always happens: One day a patch is issued, then a new glitch pops up shortly thereafter followed by the bitching this game deserves. It never ends!

ME2 came out at just the right time. I have something to distract me from MW2 while they patch it.

The care package glitch does suck. To the point that I have a custom class to fight against it. I'm to the point of just learning the glitch myself just to level the playing field.

Garjon

Meier said:
Same here. The good thing is I should be have maxed Cold Blooded a lot sooner than I thought :)
I've also started using SitRep and was alarmed at the sheer number of TIs and boosting happening in parts of the map I didn't know existed

There are barely people giving a shit about shooting down AC130s, Choppers, PaveLows and Harriers. Totally blows my mind how they just keep on getting killed instead of equipping some launcher..

Cornbread78

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are barely people giving a shit about shooting down AC130s, Choppers, PaveLows and Harriers. Totally blows my mind how they just keep on getting killed instead of equipping some launcher..

Yup, equipt a class with a Stinger... That's the way to go. Let everyone else keep dying, just grab the launcher with some Scavenger and go ahead and drop the air packages, I'll just camp a window and shoot them down. great way to pick up a bunch of XP.

Garjon

Graf Nudu said:
I bet if it counted as a kill, everybody would scramble to their AA class and there'd be a race to shoot it down.

My mind has just been blown...

I was watching a live stream of MW2 just now and realized that there's a compass in the bottom-right corner of the screen, around the D-Pad...

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
divisionbyzorro said:

I was watching a live stream of MW2 just now and realized that there's a compass in the bottom-right corner of the screen, around the D-Pad...

what kind of soldier are you? Who the fuck runs into a war zone without a compass?

smh

Az

divisionbyzorro said:

no wai =D

Aurora

The most fun I've had in this game has been when glitches surface. Javelin, Rust Private matches, Infinite Care Package = so much fun.

When this game becomes vanilla with all the patches it's going to be boring as hell. Thank God for Bad Company 2.

Ovid

Man, I miss this game so much. It's been almost 1 week since my PS3 died and I am so itching to play again. As much as I complain about the shit that goes on in this game...and the untold hours of yelling at the television screen...I guess what I'm really trying to say is...I love you MW2 <3

:D

turtle553

Is there any good way to get the penetration kills using FMJ? Is it even worth it to get the extended mags?

Just seems like a pain to get 40 penetration kills.

protonion

Almost at second prestige and I just found out that you can accelerate predator missiles with R1! Noone can run in buildings now! So many lost kills...

Also, can you get a nuke using care package? I've gotten everything up to EMP. If it is I guess it's 1/1000 chance or less.

Aurora said:
The most fun I've had in this game has been when glitches surface. Javelin, Rust Private matches, Infinite Care Package = so much fun.

When this game becomes vanilla with all the patches it's going to be boring as hell. Thank God for Bad Company 2.
What are you doing in this thread?

turtle553 said:
Is there any good way to get the penetration kills using FMJ? Is it even worth it to get the extended mags?

I'd love to know as well. It's not something that happens that often and seems like a waste of an attachment. What's the secret?

Ovid

protonion said:
Almost at second prestige and I just found out that you can accelerate predator missiles with R1! Noone can run in buildings now! So many lost kills...

Also, can you get a nuke using care package? I've gotten everything up to EMP. If it is I guess it's 1/1000 chance or less.
More like a 0% chance. Nukes cannot be obtained from a care package. Sorry.

protonion

turtle553 said:

Play HQ. I was getting 4-5 per match. Also the airport map is the best for this I think.

turtle553 said:

I find this tough as well. It is worth it because you need this to master a weapon and get the +10,000 XP

Here is the method I used, it takes a bit of camping though

I find a spot right next to some flimsy material (metal, wood, etc) that you can shoot through. then as you a guy, pop BEHIND the cover and take him out through the cover. Its a bit tedious but should take too terribly long, and worth it for the 10,000 in XP

F#A#Oo

Banned
KittyKittyBangBang said:
I find this tough as well. It is worth it because you need this to master a weapon and get the +10,000 XP

Here is the method I used, it takes a bit of camping though

I find a spot right next to some flimsy material (metal, wood, etc) that you can shoot through. then as you a guy, pop BEHIND the cover and take him out through the cover. Its a bit tedious but should take too terribly long, and worth it for the 10,000 in XP

How about with sniper? :D

Top Bottom