• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
F#A#Oo said:
How about with sniper? :D
Shooting through windows counts so snipe through windows at every opportunity. If you see someone at a window aim below the window at their body instead. Listen out for the sound of it hitting their body.

Someone said chainlink fences count to but it didn't when I tried, maybe you gotta get em a certain way...

Worth it for weapon mastery.

Playing this game at certain times seems to encounter more knobheads, glitchers etc. I've played about 3 days and only run into nuke boosters 3 times max and cp glitchers 3 or 4 times.

uraldix

turtle553 said:
Is there any good way to get the penetration kills using FMJ? Is it even worth it to get the extended mags?

Just seems like a pain to get 40 penetration kills.

I found that rundown and scrapyard were the best for getting FMJ kills. I could get 8-10 per match on those maps. Also, I can't confirm but my brother said that you can shoot through dead bodies and that counts.

I just did it to complete the weapon challenges, never actually use extended mags.

uraldix said:
I found that rundown and scrapyard were the best for getting FMJ kills. I could get 8-10 per match on those maps. Also, I can't confirm but my brother said that you can shoot through dead bodies and that counts.

I just did it to complete the weapon challenges, never actually use extended mags.

I'm going to have to do this. Extended mags would be great on LMGs like the RPD which already has a ridiculously large magazine.

protonion said:
Play HQ. I was getting 4-5 per match. Also the airport map is the best for this I think.
I think there is no better map for it than Terminal. Rundown isn't bad since you can spot people in the houses and shoot through pretty easily.

As far as 'is extended mags worth it?' Probably not, since I've never used them even once, but doing this for the mastery is what I was after on the 3-4 weapons have done it with so far.

uraldix said:
rundown and scrapyard were the best for getting FMJ kills. I could get 8-10 per match on those maps.
True. I don't know about 8-10, but yeah, both these places + Terminal seem to engender penetration kills with their airplane bodies, corrugated tin shacks, etc.

Tural

Neo Member
DeuceMojo said:
As far as 'is extended mags worth it?' Probably not, since I've never used them even once, but doing this for the mastery is what I was after on the 3-4 weapons have done it with so far.
I love it on the SCAR, its iron sights are good enough that I'm not compelled to use a scope, and the Extended Mags gives it a bit more versatility in large firefights.

mr_boo

turtle553 said:
Is there any good way to get the penetration kills using FMJ? Is it even worth it to get the extended mags?

Just seems like a pain to get 40 penetration kills.
I believe someone on this board reported that shot through glass counted as Pen. Kills - so if you're like me, stop knifing through windows :p

Chip N Chance said:
Has anyone put together a gun chart like they did with CoD4? Id like to see a rundown on the differences between the M4 and ACR.
Hells yes, and someone will post it, pretty thorough.

But shoot, I say the weapons are EXTREMELY balanced which explains why there's equal use between the TAR, SCAR, M4, M16, FAL, FAMAS, ACR.

Without the chart I can tell you with great certainty that the F2000 sucks. And that's a SCIENTIFIC FACT. :lol

DeuceMojo said:
Hells yes, and someone will post it, pretty thorough.

But shoot, I say the weapons are EXTREMELY balanced which explains why there's equal use between the TAR, SCAR, M4, M16, FAL, FAMAS, ACR.

Without the chart I can tell you with great certainty that the F2000 sucks. And that's a SCIENTIFIC FACT. :lol

Which is why I wonder why they added it as a weapon at all. I can't do shit with that gun.

RavenFox

Banned
Choke on the Magic said:
Dude with or without glitches this game is fun. At least the patches for this game don't ruin the experience like Killzone 2.
Speak for yourself and please keep that out of this thread.

whitehawk

Banned
Holy shit, can IW get rid of FMJ? It's so ridiculous.

"Oh, someone is shooting at me, I guess I'll take cov-NOPE, NO SUCH THING AS COVER IN THIS GAME!"

I swear to god, I'll have full health behind a wall and someone will kill me as if there were no wall there. Fix this shit IW.

whitehawk said:

"Oh, someone is shooting at me, I guess I'll take cov-NOPE, NO SUCH THING AS COVER IN THIS GAME!"

I swear to god, I'll have full health behind a wall and someone will kill me as if there were no wall there. Fix this shit IW.

You have two choices:

1) Man up and quit bitching.

2) Play a different game.

Your choice.

Choke on the Magic said:
I just discovered yesterday that semtex cannot be cooked. :/
How many seconds it take to figure that out? Hahaha. I used to equip a grenade for the purpose of killing myself in the event of air support (so I could quickly switch to my rocket class). When I changed to Semtex, I sat there holding it for like 5 seconds wondering why I wasn't dying. :lol

DeuceMojo said:
How many seconds it take to figure that out? Hahaha. I used to equip a grenade for the purpose of killing myself in the event of air support (so I could quickly switch to my rocket class). When I changed to Semtex, I sat there holding it for like 5 seconds wondering why I wasn't dying. :lol

I was trying to get the misery loves company challenge done when I found out. It atleast worked like matyrdom for me though.

I wish I could manage to get my second nuke for the nuke emblem. I'm just not good at farming them.

Choke on the Magic said:
I was trying to get the misery loves company challenge done when I found out. It atleast worked like matyrdom for me though.

I wish I could manage to get my second nuke for the nuke emblem. I'm just not good at farming them.

Hate to break it to you, but it takes 10 nukes for the nuke emblem. 2 nukes gets you the "Global Thermonuclear War" title, and 5 nukes gets you the "End of Line" title.

Ok I need opinions. Thinking about creating a new runner class with silenced ump (already have a class with akimbo p90s+marathon+lw+steady aim). Need to know what I should throw on for perk #2. Debating between cold blooded or light weight.. What works best for u guys?

Annnnnd might as well tell me what u guys would use for perk #3. I was thinking about rolling with steady aim since I'm pretty good shooting from the hips :). I guess if the majority suggest using cb for perk #2 then pairing it with ninja is a no brainer..

Ken K in the Fresh!!! said:
Ok I need opinions. Thinking about creating a new runner class with silenced ump (already have a class with akimbo p90s+marathon+lw+steady aim). Need to know what I should throw on for perk #2. Debating between cold blooded or light weight.. What works best for u guys?

Annnnnd might as well tell me what u guys would use for perk #3. I was thinking about rolling with steady aim since I'm pretty good shooting from the hips :). I guess if the majority suggest using cb for perk #2 then pairing it with ninja is a no brainer..

With CB, but without Ninja you'll still be seen on the heartbeat sensor. Commando Pro would be nice, too. For the quick stabs.

whitehawk

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
Hate to break it to you, but it takes 10 nukes for the nuke emblem. 2 nukes gets you the "Global Thermonuclear War" title, and 5 nukes gets you the "End of Line" title.
Speaking of which, I wish IW would unlock this game mode for the 360.

whitehawk said:
Speaking of which, I wish IW would unlock this game mode for the 360.

Have you seen the videos of this? It's a total clusterbomb of noob-tubes, RPGs, grenads, and AT-4s exploding all around a single capture point that never moves. It's chaos. It's pretty much a broken game mode.

The sheer amount of air support, spawn problems, and tubespammers in this game makes playing for any longer than an hour at a time unbearable for me. It's really fun for a while and the gameplay mechanics work very well if I don't pay attention to the constant latency problems I have. The map design is awful for the most part though. Looking forward to the DLC map packs. The only decent maps are terminal, quarry, highrise, scrapyard, and favela. Sub base, rundown, underpass, estate and invasion are all middle of the road mediocre, and derail, rust, skidrow, and wasteland are god awful.

No nukes after 3.5 days of playtime D: I've gotten a 20-23 kill streak at least 10 times, and the game always hits the time/score limit, or i get lag knifed, or killed by a random grenade. I tend to get the chopper gunner every couple games, but it usually gets shot down, and when it doesn't I just can't seem to get those last couple kills afterward.

Oh, and anyone who is a claymore hater just doesn't know how to use them. Well placed claymores make up a good 10-20% of my kills because of scavenger.

Currently running with:

ACR w/ silencer
Striker w/ grip
Claymore
Flashes
Scavenger
Cold blooded
Ninja
Painkiller

wud

Neo Member
I know chopper gunner is the better 11 killstreak, but I find myself using the AC130 when not trying to get nukes. Goddamn that thing is a beast, 2 flares, a crew that speaks to you, the "put your seatbelt on" noise when someone locks onto you. That shit is ballin

Also I've finally got the perfect formula for hunting nukes/high killstreak rewards. Start off with a powerful class - I personally use a silenced SCAR with stopping power. 2 kills before you're about to hit your first killstreak, One Man Army to a class with hardline, get another kill and BAM - first killstreak. Stick with the Hardline class until you get your chopper gunner/ac130/pavelow whatever, then switch out to a Danger close pro class

moojito

Ken K in the Fresh!!! said:

Aye, I just started playing with silenced ump. I have marathon, cb and ninja pro. Working out very nicely indeed. I can't believe the difference the silencer makes to the recoil of that thing.

whitehawk said:
Is SCAR the most powerful weapon? If not, what is?

Its definitely up there but I still think the M16 is the best rifle in the game. People like the FAMAS and I do, too, but something about it feels a little off compared to the m16. Cant put my finger on it but the M16 is always going to be my go to rifle.

kuYuri

whitehawk said:

:lol

You're lucky this isn't CoD4, you'd rage over Deep Impact.

F#A#Oo

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
Have you seen the videos of this? It's a total clusterbomb of noob-tubes, RPGs, grenads, and AT-4s exploding all around a single capture point that never moves. It's chaos. It's pretty much a broken game mode.

I would have loved a mode like "Guardian" off Gears 2...

The game needs more modes with no respawn.

It would also make for interesting hiding places...which actually means annoying hiding places.:lol

mr_boo

Strider2K99 said:
:lol

You're lucky this isn't CoD4, you'd rage over Deep Impact.
Heh..Deep Impact was my staple Perk 3 in COD4...I don't run with FMJ typically unless I'm running Bling...I can't seem to live without my Holo Sight.

mr_boo

whitehawk said:
Is SCAR the most powerful weapon? If not, what is?
Define "Most Powerful"? IMO, one of the beauties of MW2 is that they made a lot of the ARs viable. So there is no "Most Powerful" weapon, at least in the context of ARs. It's really up to your play style and what you're comfortable with. It's not like COD4 where the M16 reigns supreme.

gogogow

mr_boo said:
Define "Most Powerful"? IMO, one of the beauties of MW2 is that they made a lot of the ARs viable. So there is no "Most Powerful" weapon, at least in the context of ARs. It's really up to your play style and what you're comfortable with. It's not like COD4 where the M16 reigns supreme.
Pretty much and it also depends on what map you are playing.

Top Bottom