• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

RubxQub said:
Anyone still feel like defending IW's honor?

I will.

All the bugs/glitches aside, it's still the best MP game around by far. I also respect their decision to change the game in such big ways, takes a lot of balls when everyone would have been happy with MW1 + new maps and guns.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Bumblebeetuna said:
I will.

All the bugs/glitches aside, it's still the best MP game around by far. I also respect their decision to change the game in such big ways, takes a lot of balls when everyone would have been happy with MW1 + new maps and guns.

I agree with the design choices made for MW2, there's a lot of awesome stuff put into MP, and it makes things seem crazy, which I think is good. Yet, not releasing a public beta was a terrible decision, and it makes it seem like IW was way to cocky with the release.

The majority of issues presented should of never had made it into the final build. I randomly got into a game yesterday where I was getting +71234567e23 exp per kill. It instantly put me at level 70, shit is broke.

Roxas

402 on twitter is saying a fix is incoming...

A fix for a fix for a fix for a fix for a fix for a fix for a fix.

facepalm.jpg

this fucking game...

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Bumblebeetuna said:
I will.

They made a great engine in CoD4, and have some great ideas in MW2...but some of their design decisions are incredibly questionable. Their post-game maintenance has been sloppy, as has the turn-around time for fixing these things.

I won't say I don't love this game...but I love it despite it's awful flaws.

RubxQub said:

I will. its still the most entertaining FPS I've played to date aside from the glitches. I'm still having a fucking ball with it and I'm sure I will for much time to come.

I am actually annoyed by this, decided not to go out tonight for the first time in I-dont-even-know-how-many-weeks and thought I could aswell spend the night playing couple of matches but fuck. I guess not.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
fps fanatic said:
I guess we can agree IW absolutely, positively need to do a beta next time out.
They do, but some of these issues wouldn't likely have shown up in a beta...but the only reason to NOT do one would be quality of the product in relation to how close it is to release.

Cornbread78

I really find myself doing much better in terms of kdr when I use the care package. I use UAV/Care Package/Predator and that gives me a lot of killstreak rewards. I see everyone on my radar, get a random killstreak reward, and a predator missile.

Take 1 step up and go Care Package, missile then Harrior

All I know is the game better be fixed by 11:30pm EST......

The only real thing I have against IW right now is their lack of dedicated servers for the PC version. Don't get me wrong, I get pissed nightly about it, but the rest of the game is so phenomenal that I can't put it down.

jedimike

RubxQub said:

Not really, it's pretty messed up for PS3 owners. However, this is one time that I am thankful for Microsoft's certification process. It may take longer to get out, but we don't have to worry about the game being all jacked up.

jedimike said:
Not really, it's pretty messed up for PS3 owners. However, this is one time that I am thankful for Microsoft's certification process. It may take longer to get out, but we don't have to worry about the game being all jacked up.

Weren't they released simultaneously?

wud

Neo Member
The freeze happened to me twice

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS COPY AND PASTE COD4 ONTO A BLANK DISK WITH FANCIER GRAPHICS AND SOME TWEAKS AND SOME NEW GUNS. OH NO NO LETS FUCK ABOUT AND CATER TO HYPERACTIVE 14 YEAR OLDS WITH THINGS CONSTANTLY GOING OFF

lfarh.BWYG4YGIODBHV;LKJXNVKA

wud said:

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS COPY AND PASTE COD4 ONTO A BLANK DISK WITH FANCIER GRAPHICS AND SOME TWEAKS AND SOME NEW GUNS. OH NO NO LETS FUCK ABOUT AND CATER TO HYPERACTIVE 14 YEAR OLDS WITH THINGS CONSTANTLY GOING OFF

Maybe you should go make a sandwich and calm down a bit eh?

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
wud said:

Because COD4 never needed fixes.

Tamanon

Banned
Well, went ahead and plunked down the cash for the game along with a 3 month Gold account. Time to get to patching and downloading, even had to finally create an Xbox Live account.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
ragu.jpg
bumble_bee.png

Az

I've said this before, all I wanted was a new COD4. New maps, maybe a few more weapons and game modes. All I fucking needed.

Lince

Banned
lol the average Joe who uses the public PSN service is to blame, fuck you average Joe!

We may roll back to a previous version while this is addressed. For the record, this patch went through several forms of quality assurance. Here at Infinity Ward for weeks, as well as at Activision QA, and Sony certification. This issue (a freeze when a player joins in progress) did not occur in any of those environments. This is unique to the Public PSN environment only. We're working with Sony to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, as I said, in the meantime we may roll back to a previous version.

:lol :lol :lol

I jus remember that the last time the matchmaking was screwed up for PS3 owners, it was due to issues with Sony servers, not IW's code. So all you butthurt PS3 owners might want to stop acting like spoiled entitled children and wait to see what happens.

Nizz

Lince said:
lol the average Joe who uses the public PSN service is to blame, fuck you average Joe!

:lol :lol :lol
Makes me feel kind of thankful I'm still waiting on my replacement PS3. It's been a long week and a half, but hopefully by the time I get the system, everything will be sorted out.

RubxQub said:
They made a great engine in CoD4, and have some great ideas in MW2...but some of their design decisions are incredibly questionable. Their post-game maintenance has been sloppy, as has the turn-around time for fixing these things.

I won't say I don't love this game...but I love it despite it's awful flaws.

Compared to other developers, the turn around time and post-game maintenance has been pretty solid imho. It's just that there have been so many glitches, it seems as though they aren't fixing anything.

I waited months for Gears 2 to be playable before I gave up and sold it. Have the glitches in Uncharted 2 been fixed yet? Last I checked they hadn't.

Cornbread78

I'd love to chat, but i'm currently in a TDM on the 360.

Anytime my friend, I love going back and forth with 360 Fanboys, :lol if nothing else it's good entertainment.

Now, I say again, they better fix this crap before 11:30pm

Lince

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
I jus remember that the last time the matchmaking was screwed up for PS3 owners, it was due to issues with Sony servers, not IW's code. So all you butthurt PS3 owners might want to stop acting like spoiled entitled children and wait to see what happens.

of course you believe IW don't have access to Sony servers (what the fuck is that public bullshit, are there private servers? for real?) and of course Sony QA team didn't test this stuff on "public" servers either... yeah sounds like IW BULLSHIT to me, directly aimed at blind fans the likes of you, of course your comment about "butthurt PS3 spoiled children" says it all. You love MW2 and IW too much, love is blind, we understand your train of thought...

MW2 glitch appears > it's not a glitch simply you don't know how to play > the game was meant to be played like that > it's really fun and adds to the experience > New glitch appears > you're playing the wrong playlist > it only happens on PS3 > ? >

Bumblebeetuna said:
Compared to other developers, the turn around time and post-game maintenance has been pretty solid imho. It's just that there have been so many glitches, it seems as though they aren't fixing anything.

I waited months for Gears 2 to be playable before I gave up and sold it. Have the glitches in Uncharted 2 been fixed yet? Last I checked they hadn't.

See .. your problem is.. you're making to much sense.

And of course since Uncharted is Uncharted and GAF is GAF.. one could never complain about UC2.. Blasphemy, ya dig?

MW2 is the game of the generation. No Shooter will touch it in sales sans IWs next CoD.

Peons hate the King -

If MW2 was some goofy PS3 exclusive then Im sure GAF would carry that torch all the way to E3 and back. BLR offical thread and all... :lol :lol

Sealda

Banned
Yeah game freezes seconds after i enter a match. The worst thing is that IW always patches on fridays which means there will be no fix till next week. Also Bowling or whatever 402s real name is tries to blame it on Sony all the time. Now he said regarding the freeze-problems that they will try to find a solution to it together with SCE. As if Sony had any thing to do with them screwing up yet another patch.

I really do not like IW at the moment, just because i think their patching is lazy and weak compared to what game we are talking about and what resources these guys must have. Its not like we are talking about some small obscure indie game for PSP, we are talking about one of the biggest online games ever.

And they cannot get patches to run smoothly, they patch way too slow and they do not seem to do anything else more than patching big glitches. Other devs. are putting down way more work into the patches. How hard would it be to tweak things beside the obvious glitches. Why not announce a new weapon, the ACOG from COD4, a golden camo or more active gameplay changes like "we are increasing the damage made by the F2000 because it makes sense". Sure we got the 1887s nerfed but that was because it was a game-breaker. Why can´t we see MW2 get the same treatment as WOW with every month there are new tweaks.There are tons of small stuff they can tweak. Why can´t we hear that they are changing this and that i Capture The Flag, doing small changes to the grass height in some areas, you know small definitely bearable things that is not the world but still nice.

lionelhutz

Sealda said:
Why can´t we see MW2 get the same treatment as WOW with every month there are new tweaks.

WOW = monthly fee

MW2 = $60 one time

Changes cost money and time. I'll take less than perfect over a monthly fee. Can we think about these things before posting?

Aurora

It's a disgrace that they would release such a clearly unfinished game. And what is even more disgusting is how slow they are at sorting all this shit out. You've made your billions now do your fucking jobs.

Top Bottom